Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Ties of Blood ❯ the new mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Yusuke sat resting peacefully on the roof of Sarayashki High school, dozing lightly. He woke though when he heard the door open. He turned, expecting to see Kieko, but instead he saw a

dark-skinned girl with long messy black hair walk out. She looked down at him, her purple eyes filled with amusement as she smiled.

"Can't stand school either, huh?" she said, she had a spanish accent. Yusuke grinned for two reasons. 1) this girl obviously didn't like school either. 2) her skirt was slightly shorter than midthigh when it

was supposed to be past her knees and her shirt stopped to where he could see her midriff, and from his angle on the grouned he could see straight up both.

"Who are you?" he asked, his eyes not moving.

"I'm Maria Rodriguez, you?" she said, moving away slightly when she saw his lecherous grin.

"yusuke Urameshi." Maria bowed politely.

"nice to meet ya." she sat down beside him, crossing her legs and sitting indian-style.

"urameshi huh? you had quite a reputation in junior high, ne?" she said, grinning. He smirked.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" he asked.

"my brother is in eigth grade at your old school. Some of the teachers are still mad that you passed. They've been taking it out on other students lately according to my brother." she replied.

Yusuke sighed.

"Will they ever-" he got cut off when suddenly his least favorite ferry girl flew down and landed next to him.

"Yusuke you've got another mission."Botan said as she hopped off her oar just as the final bell rang.

"Botan, didn't you realize there's a girl standing right here?!" Yusuke exclaimed. Botan looked around confused.

"What girl?" Yusuke blinked and turned, realizing Maria had just disappeared.

***

Maria stood on a ledge that was right below where Yusuke and Botan were.

"So we have to find two unknown demons? What then, take 'em to spirit world?" There was a pause.

'crap! How did they find out about us?' Maria thought. she jumped down from the ledge, which was about six floors up, and landed gracefully in a tree.

hopping down, she ran in the direction of the park. But she didn't hear the rest of what the two people had said.

***

"Actually you'll be needing their help. There's a second part to the mission. You have to find them because thay may know the location of a certain wolf demon you need to find and protect."

"hold a sec, you mean we have to find three demons, and protect one?Why?" Yusuke said.

"You see, there's these three other wolf demons that for a while were slaughtering several other clans. The wolf demon you'll be protecting is actually the daughter of the leader of one of the stronger packs, but

she is the last one left of her clan. She somehow got into to the human world to hide from them, and now those three have gotten in too and are out looking for her. They've already killed several humans."

"so first we find two demons, have them lead us to this other one, then protect her from her own kind? Sounds easy enough." Yusuke said.