Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ To Trust Again ❯ run! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: i do not won YYH....I WANT HIEI!
 
Hiei:(backs away very slowly)
 
AG310: I GOT TWO REVEIWS! not bad but i thought i would at least i would get ten....if i should change my summary give me some ideas...should i change the title? I NEED MOR REVEIWS!!
 
 
RUN!
 
 
It was quiet on the street...people rushed by silently after a full night of partying. Some were still unsatisfied and went to search for another place to satisfy their thirst for party.
 
Shotoyami felt a hand wrap round her shoulder. The smell of alcohol clogged her nose. She wrinkled her face.
 
"Hey (hic) babe," said the voice of a drunkard. He tried to steady himself on Shotoyami's shoulder. "You wanna (hic) party?" he waved a twenty in her face.
 
She tried to wiggle free but the man's grip tightened. She wasn't in the mood for this.
 
She bent down out of the man's grip, took his right arm and placed it over her right shoulder. She then used her strength to bend forward while standing up and threw the man over her shoulder. She then pinned him face down while twisting his arm to his back.
 
"OW BITCH! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!?"
 
"YOUR my problem!" she released his arm. The man rubbed him arm and waddled away cursing.
 
Shotoyami blew a piece of hair from her face and continued her walk.
 
The winter breeze blew into her face as she enter TREE SANCTUARY PARK. It sliced her face as she covered her eyes. As she got deeper into the park the wind died down. She removed the cover from her eyes and looked around. Only couples walking or making out in front of the dolphin water fountain.
 
She gagged and continued. Love made her sick. Sure she loved a good romance novel every now and then but she wasn't one who can commit. She preferred to be a loner. She was not meant to have or share love.
 
As she walked deeper in the park, the noises of everyday life seemed to be slowly drifting away. The icy wind gently blew once again. The trees did a silent dance. The swings swayed slowly as the moonless night engulfed everything.
 
She walked a little further until she came to a dim light. it became brighter and more clearer as she got closer. Underneath the light was a dark blue bench, and beside that a baby oak tree. Behind the bench was a forest of ancient trees.
 
Shotoyami sighed as she took her seat on the bench. Little white puffs of smoke appeared in front of her as she yawned and stretched. It was really cold but it didn't bother her until later. Right now there was a book in her leather pocket with her name written all over it.
 
She flipped her right leather pocket open and carefully removed her book. She rose her head to the sky and took a deep breath. She let it out slowly as a grin came upon her face. Silence...complete silence. Every readers dream come true.
 
She thought about the conversation she had with that strange boy. She laughed slightly at remembering the shocked expression he gave her after saying he was gay. He was quite…interesting.
 
Shotoyami mentally slapped herself. What kind of guy would want her with the type of past she has? None.
 
She lifted her right leg and planted on top of her left leg as she hung forward with the book in hand. Her nimble fingers eagerly opened the book. As she read, she slowly drifted back into the world of 'Duchess'.
 
As she sank deeper into the book, a group of men came walking through singing and cursing and yelling. She sighed disgustedly. The men seem to be getting closer to her.
 
Shotoyami pulled the book to cover her eyes. Her body tensed as the smell of fresh rum and gin filled the air.
 
The men passed her. Hardly acknowledging her presence.
 
Once they had disappeared into the unforgiving darkness. She waited...and waited...and waited. Nothing. The men did not come back. She sighed a breath of relief and relaxed herself, once again indulging herself into the book.
 
Behind her, the trees and bushes ruffled a bit, then fell silent. Thinking it was just a squirrel, Shotoyami paid no attention and shrugged of the cold feeling that crepped up her back.
 
She turned the page.
 
Another shuffle sound was heard behind her. It was closer than the last one and several shuffles followed behind.
 
Shotoyami slowly closed her book, making sure that she had carefully marked the page. She tried to look as if she didn't hear anything. She placed it back into her right pocket and cautiously got up and walked away.
 
The ruffles stopped; followed by several footsteps.
 
Shotoyami quickened her pace: the footsteps also quickened. They have left the park and passed an alleyway. 'So,' she grinned, 'they wanna play? Let's play!'
 
With that, Shotoyami dashed into a sprint and ran into the second alleyway. (AN// now tell me, would you run into a DARK and SCARY alleyway if you were being followed?) The footsteps followed. She turned left down another alleyway and then took a right. The footsteps continued to follow. 'DAMN IT!'.
 
As Shotoyami ran, she could make out a small narrow passage. She took advantage of this and in one last burst of energy, she squeezed herself in. she waited and held her breath. She dare not let a sound escape her to reveal her location.
 
The footsteps gradually got up to her. They were huffing and puffing. "Where that bitch go," cursed one of the men.
 
Shotoyami grimaced at the scent of the men. As before, they smelt drunk.
 
"Dunno," said another. He placed his hands in his pockets and started to walk away. "Guess the little wench gave us the slip." He motioned to two of the men. "Lets go find something else to do." the other three men grumbled and left out the alleyway.
 
Once all was clear, Shotoyami breathed a sigh of relief and placed the back of her head against the wall. She was breathing heavily and sweat beaded down her brow then frooze.
 
The winter night grew colder by the minute. Shotoyami pressed the 'light' button on her watch. It glowed in the darkness then faded after five seconds.
 
"Midnight," she whispered. "Merry Christmas to me." she squeezed herself out of the narrow passageway. As she was straightening her jacket, a cold hand reached out of the darkness and pulled her into a tight embrace while covering her mouth; preventing her from screaming her lungs out.
 
__________
 
AG310: oooooooooooooooooooooh a cliffy.^.^
 
Shotoyami: yeah it is! so were's Yusuke?
 
AG310:ooooh, Shotoyami got a cruuuuuuuuush!
 
Shotoyami:I DO NOT!
 
AG310: yeah, sure, whatever. I wish i could actually flip some people at my school but since I'm a priest's daughter i got to set an example. They are complete perverts (points to miroku) anyway, please read and review.