Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Toxic Kiss ❯ I'm WHAT??!?!? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Well, welcome back, one and all!" Beth greeted, bowing to her guests. "I really hope this story will attract attention. I don't continue unless my story gets at least one review."

"Can we please get on with this?" Hiei asks in a monotone. "I'm a bit curious as to if I die or not."

"Sure, sure," The authoress nods. "Enjoy everyone!"

Disclaimer-I don't own anything but the idea for this story.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kurama walked into the park with a concerned look on his face. Hiei hadn't come to his house last night, even in the pouring rain. Kurama feared for his partner's life. He scanned the park and could smell Hiei a distance away. The fox hurried to where Hiei's scent was the strongest. Sure enough, he spotted a black lump beneath a tree.

"Hiei!" Kurama cried out. He ran over to the fallen Jaganshi and cradled him in his arms. Kurama checked his pulse. It was faint, but it was there. Judging from the blood that was on Hiei's arms, someone had attacked him. The fox could only sense a little spirit energy coming from Hiei; just enough to keep him breathing.

"Hang in there, Hiei." Kurama whispered as he picked his friend up.

~*~*~*~
Hiei's eyelids fluttered a few times before he opened them. He gazed at his surroundings. He realized that he was in a bed, and from the looks of it, he was in the hospital.

What moron brought me here? Hiei thought, sitting up. Everyone knew that he hated hospitals. The nurses were too annoying for his taste.

"Oh, good, you're awake."

Hiei looked up and saw Kurama standing at the doorway with a cup in his hand.

"I think you owe me a bit of an explanation, Kurama." Hiei said, trying to sound angry, but failing.

"Well, let's see." Kurama looked to the ceiling. "Two days ago, I found you at the park, unconcious. I brought you here because I wasn't sure what exactly had happened. You've been sleeping ever since."

Hiei shrugged a shoulder. He'd never been asleep for quite that long before. "What did they say was wrong with me?"

Kurama chuckled as he sat down on the edge of Hiei's bed. "Don't you want to tell me what happened?"

Hiei sighed. "I was attacked by a demon. She-"

"Oh, the great Hiei was rendered unconcious by a female demon. What is the world coming to?" Kurama teased.

Hiei gave Kurama a look before continuing. "She drained me of all my energy somehow, and..." He trailed off.

"Go on." Kurama pressed.

"...She injected me with a poison of some sort. I'm not sure what it was or what effect it had on me. All I know is that it tasted awful."

Kurama nodded in understanding. "Well, yesterday, I had them run a scan on your body and...."

"And what?" Hiei urged. He became impatient when Kurama didn't speak. "Fox, what's wrong with me?"

"...You're pregnant, Hiei."

Hiei blinked a few times at Kurama. "Kitsune (fox), you know how I hate jokes."

"Yes, Hiei, I know." Kurama got up and looked out the window. "I'm not joking."

Hiei put it all together: That woman had wanted a mate, the poison she had injected him with...

He slowly brought a pillow to his face and screamed into it, making the redhead jump.

Hiei pulled the pillow away from his face after a moment, breathing hard.

Kurama chuckled.

"It's not funny!" Hiei barked.

"Well, it's a bit odd, but not impossible, Hiei."

"Explain!"

"Well, you are half koorime (ice maiden). As Yukina told you, a daughter is born to an ice maiden once a year. But, according to what you told me some time ago, you reached maturity last year, so as of this year you are able to have children. When that woman....violated you...." Kurama cringed.

"Kurama, she didn't violate me. All this time, I thought you had a clean mind."

"Well, in any case, when she violated you, she injected a poison into your mouth that implanted an embryo into your womb."

"I don't have a womb, baka."

"You're half koorime, remember? You have a womb."

Hiei flopped back against the pillows and huffed.

"When she did that, she made you pregnant. According to the body scan, there were two embryos."

"Two?" Hiei's eyes widened.

"Yes, Hiei. Apparently, you were already pregnant with a child because of your heritage." Kurama patted Hiei's knee sympathetically.

"....That would explain why I've been feeling so strange these last few weeks."

Kurama nodded.

"So, I'm going to have twins?" Hiei asked, looking up at Kurama.

"So it seems." Kurama shrugged.

"I'm going to die."

Kurama laughed softly. "You're not going to die, Hiei. I can assure you that."

"Hn." Hiei looked at the cup in Kurama's hand. "What have you got there?"

"Oh, I almost forgot about it." Kurama looked down at the styrofoam cup. "It's vanilla ice cream. Want some?"

Hiei shrugged. "Well, I haven't eaten in two days..." He took the cup from Kurama and drank what was left of the ice cream. It was pretty much melted after their conversation.

After a moment, Hiei spoke again.

"How long will this last?"

"I'll ask Yukina."

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Hiei screeched, very un-Hiei like.

"How else will I find out?"

"....."

"I thought so."

"Hiei, I think this would be a good time to tell her-"

"NO."

Kurama sighed. Hiei would never tell her the truth.

At that moment, Yusuke, Botan, and Keiko entered the room.

"Well, look who's awake." Yusuke went over to Hiei. "How're you feeling?"

Hiei shrugged. "Okay."

"You'll make a fine mother, Hiei." Botan chirped.

Hiei turned slowly to the fox, his eye twitching. "You told them?"

"They'd find out sooner or later, Hiei." Kurama reasoned.

Keiko opened her bag and took out a book. "I was reading up on ice maidens, Hiei. It says the pregnancy lasts 9 months; same as a human's gestation period."

"Hn."

"And what a fun nine months it will be." Botan hugged Hiei around the shoulders.

"Don't touch me."

"Well, I can see you're very happy about this whole thing." Botan huffed.

"I can't say I'm thrilled about this. I know nothing about children."

"Well, then, this should be quite an educational nine months for you, Hiei." Kurama smiled warmly at the fire youkai and ruffled his hair.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Whee! First chapter done! Yay! ^_^ Yeah, that was a pretty bad spot to leave it, but I just couldn't figure out what else to say.

"That's really a good theory." Seto muses, peering over Beth's shoulder at the chapter.

"I think so. That makes perfect sense, doesn't it, Hiei?"

"...I guess so." The fire demon admits, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"What I can't figure out is why you're not already pregnant." Beth says, putting a hand to her chin. "I mean, you've reached maturity and all. Maybe you've been pregnant before and lost the baby in a battle or something..."

"That's a possibility." Hiei shrugs.

"Your kids are going to be so cute!" Beth squeals and glomps Hiei.

"Let go, woman." Hiei growls.

"You're no fun. Review please!" Beth makes a peace sign.
Converting /tmp/phpuUdsKs to /dev/stdout