Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Universal War ❯ War ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

A young woman with long red hair approached the stand and readied herself to address the council. She wore a skintight belly shirt that was deep blue and a similar skirt that had a split to mid thigh. Silver and black jewelry covered her from head to toe and she had her hair in two pigtails that were decorated with gold. She was a High Priestess/Governess of a planet in the Zurubian System. The Zurubian System is what was once the earth's solar system, but it expanded and other planets and their inhabitants added onto to it, creating Zurubia. She was to address the council on the war that was being fought not to far from home.

" Members of the council!" she called out through the large building, quieting all that sat within, " It has come to my attention that two warring planets in the Vetache Nebula are attempting to gather allies in the Azan System. This news is highly alarming and is the cause of heightened security at our system's borders.

" As most of the council knows, we are in the midst of a war ourselves and would be an easy target should the Vetache Nebula attack us. That is why I am here today!"

" What is the point Governor? Skip the dramatics and tell us the true point of your presence!" Velia, a man from Viscia yelled.

" I am getting there now senator Velia," she said to him, her voice echoing throughout the domed building, " My presence is necessary so that I may stress the fact that we have not kept intact our ties with Europea. They are a strong people and would do great things for our system if only we would honor them!"

" Governor," came a voice and everyone turned to see Michelle, a young woman who was new to the council, " May I please take the stand and address the council?"

A young woman of about fifteen steeped forward. She had long brown hair that was held in a high, wavy, ponytail. Her eyes were deep violet, and her lips were painted red. She was dressed in a belly shirt that was made of silk and wore a long skirt that billowed out behind her, a long slit was cut up the side. Many gold rings, necklaces and earrings covered her, and she was barefoot, as were most females in the quadrant.

" That is not my decision to make," our woman said, whose name was Kara, " What say ye high council members?"

" We say let the young woman speak!" said an old man who had taken the vote of the high council members.

" Then by all means Michelle, take the stand," Kara said with a smile, stepping down and nodding in acknowledgment to Michelle.

" Members of the council!" Michelle called through the dome; " I am here to back up Kara's reasoning with evidence!"

Michelle snapped her fingers and scroll appeared before her, a whisper arose from the council, and the world witch was heard.

" I bear evidence that states that Europians have been trained since birth in the ways of the warrior," Michelle read, " And last week, at approximately two o' clock pm, they were able to demonstrate this to me when they were attacked by reptilians. The army of reptilians was wiped out within moments, and not a single Europian was lost."

There was a gasp and soon many voices rang through the air as governors and senators alike argued with one another. Michelle made a quick bow to the high council members and stepped down from the stand, taking her seat beside Kara and beginning to write a letter. Kara glanced at the girl briefly and then started going over notes about her family and her heritage, soon she would be coming of age and she had to know what happened in her history.

" Well," Kara said, " Looks like the universe will be at war again."

" God knows men can't choose anything other than war," Michelle said, " Oh well."

*******************************

Yusuke awoke with a start from his strange dream and sat up in bed, his body slicked with sweat. That woman had said the universe would be at war, what was up with that?

Ignoring his dream he looked at the clock the read 3:21am and groaned. He would never get back to sleep now!

Hearing a tap at his window he looked over and saw Hiei waiting with an impatient look on his face. Opening the window he allowed the Fire Demon to enter.

" What is it?" he asked rudely.

" Botan woke up Kurama, Kurama woke up me, I wake up you," Hiei said coldly, " Get used to it."

" Whatever," Yusuke muttered as he dressed, meeting Hiei outside to go to Kurama's house.

Kurama was sitting outside with Botan waiting for them when they arrived and gave both a slight bow.

" What's up?" Yusuke asked Botan.

" New mission," Botan said with a glance to her left and right, " A war is brewing and Koenma wants you all to be ready at a seconds notice to fight for the earth."

" Wait," Yusuke said as visions of his dream came back to him, " This doesn't have anything to do with a council and two women does it?"

" Well," Botan blinked and stepped back, " How did you know that?"

" Call it a hunch," Yusuke said, receiving unbelieving stares from his comrades, " okay I had a dream right before Hiei came to get me and it was a whole meeting in front of a council and crap."

" Yusuke," Botan said, " You shouldn't know who's involved."

" But I do," Yusuke said to her, " I even know names!"

" Yusuke," Kurama said as Botan started to pull a small black device from her Kimono, " RUN!"

Yusuke turned and ran. He could hear Kurama beside him and could sense Hiei not far above.

All he heard was a click.

All he saw was a flash.

All there was was darkness.

**************************************

I refuse to write more of any of my fics til someone reviews and requests it! *crosses arms*