Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unleashed In Disney World ❯ Chapter 3

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
BACK WITH SARA
Sara was lost. She looked around. Maybe “lost” was an understatement. She was surrounded by odd buildings on one side of the street. The other side was a lake. It didn’t look like Disney anymore.
“Oh, shit,” she muttered. “Where the hell AM I?”
An old vagabond approached her. “You are in Epcot,” he said, showing three yellowed teeth in his wrinkled skull. “This is the Ghetto.”
“And…are you a Disney employee?”
“SHH! No one’s supposed to know that!” the vagabond hissed. “To the other employees, I’m allowed to live here because I feed the ducks.”
“You feed the ducks?” Sara repeated. “I don’t have time for this. Do you know how to get to the main hotel?”
“Take a left at the Jupiter exhibit, pas the African bathrooms, to the Tunnel of Love.” He smiled again. “You DO know where the Tunnel of Love is, don’t you?”
Sara shivered. “Don’t remind me.” She headed towards the exit. Along the way, she stopped at Japan to get Pocky and a few other things. So there she sat, on a bench in front of Epcot, looking at her key chain, eating Pocky.
“Sara!” shouted Faythe, who saw her sitting on the bench.
“Mon Cherie!” Jacques shouted, running to Sara.
Faythe and Jacques raced to Sara, who was still lost in the goodness of Pocky.
“Mm…” Sara moaned. “This stuff is so good…”
“Sara! Come here!” Faythe yelled. She waved her arms wildly, trying to catch Sara’s attention.
Sara ran out of Pocky. “Oh, crap!” she shouted. She went back to Japan for more. Jacques ran after her, but Faythe stuck her foot out and tripped him. He fell on his knee and screamed in pain.
Sara whirled around. “Faythe? Jacques?”
Faythe ran up to her. However, before she could say anything, Sara started rambling about Pocky and Japan. “Sara, slow down! Breathe!”
Hiei and Aragorn came over. “Hiei, why do you have to love the crazy one?”
“She isn’t cra-”
Sara shoved the key chain she bought in Japan in his face. “Isn’t it cute?”
Hiei’s eye began twitching. “It’s…me…”
“I know! I got it over there!” Sara pointed to Japan across the lake. “C’mon!” She grabbed Hiei’s hand and began weaving between people. Faythe grabbed Aragorn and followed.
“I don’t know whether to be insulted or buy it.”
“I’d pick the buying it option. But that’s just me.”
Faythe came up behind the two boys who were looking at swords. More specifically, a duplicate of Hiei’s sword. “Hey, where’s Sara?”
“Oh, God, not again!”
“Sara!” Aragorn spun and ran right into Sara.
She smiled at him. “What?” Hiei gave Sara a hug, like if he let her go, she’d disappear. She pried him off and shoved a piece of Pocky in his mouth before running out the store. The others followed.
“Sara!” Hiei called. “Don’t get lost!”
Sara looked back at him and stuck out her tongue. “I know where I’m going, Hiei!”
Hiei sighed and took after her.
Faythe and Aragorn had still been in the shop. A sign reading:
-Coming Soon-
Middle-Earth!
Had enthralled Aragorn and frozen him to the spot. “Froooodoooo…” he murmured. It seemed to Faythe that he was in a trance. “Neeeed…Froooodoooo…”
She laid a hand on his shoulder. “Honey? Are you all right?”
“Miiiidle…Eaaaarth…” Aragorn was drooling.
“A? Sweetie, snap out of it!” Faythe whapped him on the head over and over again. Finally, she realized that his trance was caused by the flyer. She tore it down and ate it. “There,” she said with her mouth full. Faythe swallowed the paper. “Is that better?”
Aragorn shook his head. “Whoa,” he said. “That was weird. Why does my head hurt so bad?”
“Because I was hitting you,” Faythe replied. “The flyer I just ate was putting you in a trance.”
“Oh.”
“Yup. So, let’s go find Hiei and Sara.”
They caught up with them in America. Sara was shaking her head. “I can’t believe there’s an America. You could walk out and look around, and there it is! America!”
Hiei started shaking her. “Breathe, Sara. It’s okay.”
“No, it isn’t.”
An employee came over to them. “Is everything all right, miss?”
Sara whirled on the poor guy. “No, everything is NOT okay! My friends here were in Japan, and they saw a flyer for MIDDLE-EARTH!” she shouted. “Why the hell is Middle-earth coming to Epcot?”
The employee winced at her rage. “I’m sorry! We got the rights from the Tolkien estate! It’s not illegal!”
Aragorn moved his mouth wordlessly and looked indignant. Faythe reserved emotion and stared blankly at the man. Hiei didn’t care.
Sara made her opinion known. “You can’t just steal a person’s home!” she shouted. “You don’t just buy the Shire!”
The man backed away slowly before turning and running full out. Faythe snorted. “What’s his problem?”
Sara sighed and patted Aragorn’s head. “Sorry about Middle-earth, A.”
“It’s not REALLY Middle-earth, anyways,” he replied. “It may even be an interesting exhibit.”
Hiei coughed and everyone turned to him. “Are you three ready to leave?”
Faythe nodded. “Of course. Where should we go next?”
Sara got a crazed look on her face. “The Animal Kingdom.”
This was followed by three objections. Sara sniffed a bit and looked down at the ground. “Don’t do that, Sara.”
She looked at Hiei. “Please? I want to see the animals.”
Hiei sighed. “Fine.”
“Yes!”
“Are there oliphaunts there?” asked Aragorn.
“Yes, but we call them ‘elephants,’” Faythe replied.
“That’s weird,” Aragorn objected. “I’m going to keep calling them oliphaunts.”
“Whatever,” said Hiei, rolling his eyes. “Are we going or not?”
“Uh, yeah!” Sara shouted. She started off.
“Wait!” Aragorn shouted. “Do you remember what happened last time Sara chose where we were going?”
They all paused and thought about the Tunnel of Love mess. “Well, anyways,” Sara replied. “The Space Mountain thing was worse.”
“That’s because you went on it by yourself.”
Sara shuddered. “Don’t remind me.”
Suddenly, out of nowhere, came shouting. “There she is!”
“It’s the crazy girl!”
“Get her!”
Faythe and Sara looked at each other and took off running, followed by at least three cops. Aragorn looked at Hiei. “Should we follow them?”
Hiei shrugged. “Do you mind jail time?”
“Uh, yeah!”
“Then run!” They ran as fast as possible, which was pretty fast, to the Animal Kingdom. Sara pulled them behind a very obese couple to hide. The rent-a-cops and Disney employees (including Jacques) ran past.
“Can we get out of here?” Faythe asked. “These people aren’t too pleasing to the nose.”
“You mean they smell?” Aragorn replied sarcastically. His nose was pinched between his fingers.
Sara sighed. This wasn’t her day. First the kids, then Jacques, now smelly fat people. And let’s not forget Space Mountain. “Let’s get moving,” she said. They entered the Animal Kingdom to the sound of tropical, African birds and drums.
“Where’s that coming from?” asked Aragorn.
Faythe pointed to the speaker that was hidden behind a tree. “There,” she said.
“Let’s go on the safari!” shouted Sara. She grabbed Hiei’s hand and ran towards the train of vehicles that took you out into the “wilderness of the Serengeti.” Giraffes grazed on trees with hinges and flamingos dozed in pools of water too blue to be natural. Their tour guide, who announced himself as Dennis, took up a microphone and began his usual speal.
“Here, we see the fragile ecological system of the African plains,” he said. “Here, lions eat antelope, lion dies and becomes ground and grass that antelope eat. Even the smallest creatures are connected.” The Lion King song, “The Circle of Life”, played over the speakers.
“Wow, this is cool,” said Sara.
Hiei cocked an eyebrow. “It is?”
“Yes. Very cool. I love animals. WAY more than people,” Sara replied. She smiled happily and curled up next to Hiei.
“What about demons?” he asked.
Sara looked at him and blinked. “It depends on the demon. Certain demons I like better than animals…others, not so much.”
He nodded in agreement.
Dennis was droning on about termites. “They eat the tree and create a mound.”
Meanwhile, Faythe and Aragorn were discussing whatever it was they had been discussing in the Tunnel of Love. One again, it was making Aragorn very nervous.
Faythe tried to console him. “Honey, it’s okay. You wanted this to happen, remember?”
“Yeah, but it doesn’t mean I can’t be nervous.”
Dennis was now on spiders. “Certain African species of spider eat their mate after mating. The female nearly always devours the male, usually starting with the head.”
Hiei turned around to Aragorn. “Good thing we’re not spiders, eh?”
Sara snorted. “I may eat you anyways.”
Faythe rolled her eyes and raised her hand. “Um-Dennis?” she called.
“Yes, ma’am, in the back, do you have a question?” Dennis asked politely.
“Yeah. Why do the trees have hinges?”
Dennis blushed red. He muttered something incoherent under his breath. Then, he said louder, “I’m not really sure, ma’am, but I’m sure it has something to do with the giraffes.”
“The giraffes, Dennis?” Faythe said. “Are you sure.”
“Pretty sure, ma’am. Now, can we get back to the tour?”
“Of course, Dennis. Go right ahead,” Faythe replied.
Dennis went on for a few minutes, but Faythe raised her hand again. “Yes, ma’am?” Dennis asked.
“I know why the trees have hinges,” Faythe said.
“Why did you ask me then?” Dennis said loudly.
“I wasn’t sure if you knew.”
Sara sighed. “Ignore her, Dennis! There’s something wrong with her! She has a few screws loose.” She turned to Faythe. “The poor guy is trying to do his job. He doesn’t know about the trees! He probably never will!” Dennis looked relieved and finished the tour.
At the end of the tour, Sara went over and began talking with Dennis. “I’m sorry about my friend. She doesn’t think sometimes.”
Dennis shook his head. “No. She thinks too much.” Sara laughed. “If you cared so much, why didn’t you stop her right away? Why’d you wait until I was at my wit’s end?”
“Because you talked for too long about the termites.”
Hiei went over to Sara from the train car. “We have to go now.”
Dennis looked puzzled, almost hurt to see that Sara was with someone. Jacques, who had been on the tour, walked up behind Dennis.
“She’s great, isn’t she?” Jacques said.
“Yeah,” Dennis sighed dreamily.
Jacques smirked. “I saw her first. I kidnapped her.”
Dennis looked at him, his eyes wide. “Really? Why?”
Jacques shrugged. “I love her.” He looked at Dennis. “Let’s take her again.”
And so, they began making plans.
Hiei and Sara had had an argument and were not speaking to each other. Faythe was moody and Aragorn was jumpy. What had started out as a good-kind-of-weird day was rapidly snowballing into a bad-kind-of-weird day.
Faythe smirked. “I vote we go back to the pool and lounge around.”
“Where!” screamed Aragorn, who obviously was not reacting to anything Faythe had said.
“I’ll go if Hiei doesn’t,” Sara replied in an angry tone.
“Fine by me. I really don’t want to be around you right now.”
“Oh, yeah! Like I want to spend time with you!” Sara shouted back. “I don’t know why I ever agreed to marry you! You probably drugged me!”
“You were drugged? I proposed! You’re crazy!” he shouted. “Freaking crazy! You flirt with other guys, you get kidnapped, and who saves your ass? I DO!” Hiei’s face was red. He was breathing heavily and his hands were balled into fists. Nonetheless, he was restraining himself nicely.
Sara looked as though she was about to explode, but she didn’t. She cried. And she ran away from Faythe, Aragorn, and Hiei.
“Should we follow her?” Aragorn asked.
Hiei scoffed. “Yeah, right. Let her get kidnapped. I’m not gonna be her demon in shining armor anymore.” He walked in the opposite direction from Sara at a fast pace. Faythe and Aragorn had to struggle to catch up. “Why do I care?” Hiei said to himself.
He jumped when Aragorn answered. “Because you love her. You should go apologize.”
“Apologize? She should apologize to me! I’ve risked my life for her hundreds of times!”
Sara sighed and blew her nose. She hadn’t meant to blow up at Hiei. He just got on her nerves sometimes. “Why do I care? He deserved it.”
“Of course he did.”
Sara turned towards the speaker. “Dennis!”
He smiled. “In the flesh. Now, what’s the problem?”
Sara sighed again. “Hiei and I got into a fight.”
“Want to tell me about it?”
“Not really. I don’t know you very well.”
Dennis slipped an arm around Sara. “Of course. I understand. I’m nothing like him, you know. I’ll appreciate you. I’d love you the way he doesn’t.”
Sara shot up and backed away from Dennis. “What’s the matter with you?”
He looked a little bit frantic, like he was extremely upset and displeased by Sara’s reaction. “I only want you to be happy, Sara,” he said in a not-so-calm tone. “I want to make you happy.”
Sara was not familiar with this-a man earnestly trying to win her affection and trust. Even Hiei, he soul mate, had not been so forward with his emotions. She was on her guard, even as vulnerable as she felt, she had to be on her guard. “Dennis,” she said slowly. “Do you love me?”
Dennis nodded his head enthusiastically.
“And, do you understand that I can’t love you?”
“Why not?” asked the grief-stricken Dennis.
She replied, “A) I’m married. B) I don’t like you. C) You’re way, WAY too weird.”
That seemed to hurt Dennis’ feelings. He frowned and sniffed a bit.
“Don’t be that way, Dennis. I’m sure that if we got to know each other, we could be really good friends.”
Dennis brightened instantly. “Well, let’s get to know each other better.”
Sara looked at him. “What do you mean? What are you-”