Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Unleashed In Disney World ❯ Chapter 4

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
BACK TO THE OTHERS
Off in the distance, came the sound of someone screaming. Hiei looked up. “I know that scream. Sara!” He took off running, followed by Faythe and Aragorn.
“Hiei, I thought you weren’t going to save her anymore.”
“That was before!”
Faythe sighed and started after them. “Is it just me, or are we doing an unusually large amount of running today?”
Hiei growled a little. “It’s Sara’s fault. She always gets herself caught up in messes like this. I always have to save her.”
“She’s saved you a couple times, too, you know.”
“Like when?”“Like the time you fell in that lake. And when her mom tried to run you over with her car.”
Hiei stopped and thought about that. “…True.”
Aragorn came up behind them. “That’s enough of the trip down memory lane stuff. We have a girl to save!”
“Honey, could you carry me?” Faythe managed to get out. Her face was red and she was sweating.
“Yeah. I don’t want you to get heat stroke,” Aragorn replied. He scooped her up and started running again.
“Are we going the right way, Hiei?” Faythe asked.
Hiei whipped around and glared at her. “Yes.” They ran farther and faster than ever before.
Hiei stopped abruptly and looked around. “Hm…I wonder where we are…”
“WE’RE LOST?”
IN THE MEANTIME…
The screen blurred in front of Sara. She wiped the tears from her eyes.
Dennis put his arm around her and smiled. “See, Sara? We can be together forever. They aren’t ever going to find you. You’re mine!” He started laughing. “Anything you have to say about this?”
Still crying, Sara glared at him. “I miss Hiei.”
“You MISS that jerk!” Dennis shouted. “WHY would you MISS him? He’s no good for you. He brings you down. Makes you sad. You deserve more than he can give you.”
He turned Sara gently until she was facing him. He laid a hand gently on her face. “You deserve me.”
Sara smirked. “You don’t deserve me. Besides, sure it’s true he treats me poorly. He makes me sad. But he makes me feel important in his own way. When I’m around him, I feel needed. Every time I talk to him, I’m reminded of his past and I’m reminded of how awful it would be if I weren’t around for him.”
“Oh, but you’d never need to make excuses for me,” Dennis said. A queer light shown in his eye. His hands, especially the one on Sara’s cheek, were shaking.
Sara scowled at him. “Dennis, you’re going crazy here. I’m not that big a deal.”
“You’re everything to me.”
“I’ve known you for three hours and we’re made for each other?”
“I believe so.”
“And I believe you’re crazy.” She thought for a moment. “Of course…I’m crazy.”
“Because you fell in love with that selfish bastard?”
Sara’s eyes flashed angrily. “Never say that about him again.” She hit Dennis and he reeled into the wall.
Sara nodded self-righteously. “Serves you right. Hiei may not be perfect, but no one is. I love him because of his short comings, not in spite of them.” She got herself ready to leave the black surveillance van, stepping on Dennis as she left.
He watched her leave before getting on the phone. “We have a problem.”
Sara looked around. This time, she knew where she was. She calmly stood in line to get into the Animal Kingdom.
BACK WITH THE OTHERS
Faythe looked at Hiei, who, once again, had his Jagon uncovered. “Anything?”
Hiei shook his head. He was about to re-ward it when he shouted, “I don’t believe this!”
Aragorn looked up. “Where is she?”
“The Animal Kingdom.”
“She’s free? How?” Aragorn asked, puzzled.
Hiei sighed. “I don’t know. I wonder if Dennis is still alive.”
“He won’t be for long,” Faythe promised. She looked unusually serious, but quickly snapped out of it. “Let’s get her back before she gets kidnapped again.” She started off towards the Animal Kingdom. A hole appeared in the ground out of nowhere. Faythe, not seeing it, fell in. “Help!” she cried as she fell. Her voice became more and more distant as the hole closed up.
“Faythe!” Aragorn and Hiei shouted.
“Damn! Now we have to save her, too!” Hiei shouted.
Faythe landed on something soft and squishy. She felt around. “An armchair?”
Suddenly, the lights turned on and Jacques stepped forward. “Hello, Faythe. I have some questions to ask you.”
Faythe glared at him. “Bring it on.”
He smiled. “First, would you like a soda?”
She brightened. “Sure!”
“So would I.” Jacques laughed evilly.
Faythe scowled. “Where’s my soda?”
Jacques laughed. “Oh la-la, but you ARE impatient! Feisty, too, I like that. Maybe I’ll keep you and let Dennis have Sara.” He clapped twice and a butler appeared, as quickly and quietly as had the hole. “Give this beauty a Pepsi,” he ordered. The butler nodded curtly and slipped off, promptly returning with a can of Pepsi, complete with orange bendy straw.
Faythe grabbed it and sipped. “Hey! It’s cherry, too!”
Jacques sat down in a black armchair directly across from her. “I know what you like, Faythe. I know all about you.”
Faythe smiled. “I wasn’t crazy! You’ve been following me around! I knew it!”
Jacques frowned. “No, Faythe. I have a hidden camera right here,” He pointed to her shirt. “Now, for more important matters. Where is Sara?”
Faythe looked like she was thinking for a moment. “I don’t know.”
“Liar!”
She shrugged. “Maybe so.”
“Do you know where she is?”
“Why would I tell you?”
Jacques sighed. “I’d hoped it wouldn’t come to this.” He clapped and the butler wheeled in a cart full of funnel cakes and Pepsis. “Are you tempted to tell me now?”
“No! You can’t buy me with funnel cakes! Sara’s my best friend!”
“True. But THESE are funnel cakes.”
Faythe thought for a moment. “Alright. I’ll tell you.”
In the meantime, the boys were trying to get Faythe. “Should we start digging?”
“And end up looking like morons? I don’t think so.”
“Well, we need some sort of plan.”
“We’ll think of something.”
“We’d better.”
Faythe at that moment was pouring out everything Jacques asked for. In between bites of funnel cake, of course. “She’s at…” she swallowed. “the Animal Kingdom.”
Jacques rubbed his hands together. “Excellent.”
Sara came up behind Hiei and Aragorn, who were digging. “What are you guys doing?”
They spun around and stared at her. “Sara!”
Hiei gave her a hug and stepped back. Sara held out a ticket to him. “I already bought the tickets. We can go right in.”
“But, we’ve been in there once.”
“Well, we had to buy tickets again.”
“This place is a rip-off!” Aragorn shouted. “Crazy French guys and tour guides kidnapping innocent women! And, to top it all off, they charge you TWICE to get in the freakin’ Animal Kingdom!” Breathing heavily, shoulders heaving, he sighed and hung his head. “This is NOT the happiest place on Earth.”
“Sir? Would you please step up?” the ticket taker called. The line had moved up, and Aragorn had not moved up with it. He ran up to her and handed her the ticket. “Enjoy the Animal Kingdom!” she said cheerfully. “Have a wild time!”
“Thanks,” he muttered darkly. He was having a wild time, all right. Aragorn looked around, suddenly realizing that something was missing. Where were Hiei and Sara?
Hiei and Sara were busy tormenting the poor people in the character suits. “Aren’t you hot in there?”
Winnie the Pooh shook his head. Hiei looked at Sara. “What in the Seven Hells is a ‘Pooh’?”
“I don’t know. Hey! Where’d Aragorn go?” Hiei shrugged. “Should we find him?”
Hiei smiled. “No. We need to spend some time together without them.” He put his arm over her shoulder, pulling her closer to him.
“Hiei-”
“Shhh. It’s just us now.” Hiei kissed her. All the frustration of their fight, the doubts of their ability to last as a couple, the fear of being kidnapped again, washed away from Sara. She felt completely and totally happy. Her world was right.