Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Welcome Home ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's notes: Inspired by a particularly beautiful Sunday morning when I was allowed to sleep until ten o'clock. Just a little Hiei+Kurama fluff. YYH belongs to Yoshihiro Togashi/Shueisha, Studio Pierrot, and so on.

Warnings: Shonen ai.

Welcome Home
A Yu Yu Hakusho Fluff Fic by Kitsuneko

A black shadow flitted from tree to tree, barely noticeable in the dense night, but for the occasional flicker of street lamps reflecting off his white scarf. With ease born of practice, Hiei found his way to the proper window, nestled among so many matching houses. It was unlocked, but closed, as he had expected. He pressed the palm of his left hand, without any bandages to make it slick, against the base of the frame, slowly forcing it up until he could fit his other hand into the gap to finish lifting it.

He braced himself inside the window, one knee tucked against his chest, the other leg hanging down. He pulled off one shoe, then the other, setting them down without a sound. His scarf, cloak, and tank top followed, laid in a neat pile he knew would make his lover smile in appreciation. He silently padded over to the bed, standing at the end for long moments to stare. Rich red hair was fanned out around his head and a few strands clung to his damp lips. He was lying on his back, but with his hips twisted to the side, as though he had fallen asleep part way through a turn. Which was likely, considering the way he had been pushing himself lately. Hiei failed to ever grasp any part of the world of ningen education, but from Kurama's talk, he understood that the fox had too much work to do and great pressure to get it done as soon as possible.

That was why Hiei had come home for the weekend. It had taken some carefully phrased requests, but he had gotten the time off from his work in the Makai so that he could visit his fox when he would have the least number of things worrying him. But now he was tired as well, so he crawled into bed beside him, burrowing into the blankets and moving to knit his fingers into the silken hair. He fell asleep before he got a hold of them.

Sunlight sparked on the leaves of the trees outside. It had rained in the early hours of the morning, and everything was clean and damp. Bird sounds carried lazily into the room, where a pair of lovers slept peacefully, silently, in the mellow warmth. Two pairs of glittering eyes slid open at the same time, a smile unfurling between them.

"Good morning, Hiei. Welcome home." They snuggled closer, unwilling to remove themselves from the quiet, sun-washed world they inhabited. Yes, it is a good morning.