Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What's Love Got to Do With It ❯ New Adventure ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
What's Love Got to Do With It

New Adventure?

"Shippo, Yuki, where are you?" Kagome called down the shrine hallway. "I know two kits in need of a bath."

The mother of two knew smiled at the sound of giggling coming from her room. "Hmm I wonder were they could be?"

She opened her closet door "Nope not in here" Then she checked under her computer desk "Not here either" Giggling became a little louder until someone shhhed them. "Oh well. They're not here. Guess I better ... leave!"

Jerking up the covers she shouted "Aha!" to a surprised fire fox and Yuki. The younger kit squealed happily at being found while Shippo just shook his head.

"Awww! Yuki, you gave us away" groaned the older kit.

"Again! Again!" Yuki clapped.

Lifting her from under the bed Kagome propped Yuki on her hip "Maybe later, after you two have taken baths"

Shippo groaned again as Yuki giggled gleefully. "Yea, Bath!"

Five years had past since the night of Yuki's birth and much had changed. Kagome had graduated from high school with a little help from a tutor. Her fire kit had grown into a hansom 5'4 middle schooler with long auburn hair bright emerald eyes and a well body. As for his sister she was growing into another Yoko. Though she had her mother's looks it was her father's wits that often got her into trouble.

Oooooo

The miko had just wrapped a towel around the black haired kit when there was a knock at the door. "Come in the door's open!" she shouted. Placing Yuki in her ruby red play dress, she gave her to Shippo then headed downstairs.

"Welcome to the Sunset Shrine. I'm - Sessomaru?"

The dog lord nodded "Hello imouto-chan. How have you been?"

Kagome smiled up at the daiyouki "I've been fine Sess. And you? How've running the western lands been going?"

"That's why I'm here." He motioned for her to sit down before doing so himself "There's been a threat issued to the Western Lands. A demon by the name of Yomi has created a new Dark Tournament and has requested we join"

"Yomi? No way. He'd never associate with a Dark Tournament."

Sess sighed "Kagome, I'm only telling you the facts"

"Okay and if we don't join?"

The dog lord's voice dropped grimly "He'll have everyone that lives on our lands slaughtered"

She gasped "What about us? We don't live on the lands anymore."

"Yes but you are a part of the Moon pack. He will take that into consideration and send someone to kill you"

Kagome's head fell into her hands "Why would Yomi do this? What happened to make him this way" She then turned to the dog lord "What about Kagura, Inuyasha, Rin, Kanna? Would they be in it too?"

The golden eyed man shook his head "Inuyasha and Rin agreed but Kagura and Kanna decided to stay and watch the pups. We need need five members to a team and including you it's only four"

"I never agreed to go" said the girl

"I don't think you have a choice"

Everything was silent as the air tensed around them. Kagome mouth opened to answer when a her son's voice interrupted her "I'll go"

Yuki was holding his hand as they descended down the stairs "If it means I can protect everyone, I'll go"

Kagome's eyes widened a fraction "Shippo"

"Sorry momma but I'm not going to stand by and watch everyone die"

The miko looked between the two then down at her quiet five year old. She'd never seen her daughter so serious as if she truly understood the stakes. Kagome sighed again "You're right Shippo. We need to protect everyone so... count me in"

Sessomaru stood and went to the door "We leave tomorrow morning" then shut the it behind him.

Shippo rubbed his mother soothingly on the back as the younger kit climbed into her mother's lap "We'll win momma. I'm sure of it."

His mother kissed him on the cheek while raking her fingers through Yuki's midnight black hair "I know Ship but Mom and Gramps aren't here. What am we going to do with her?"

Oooooooo

The Makai breeze caressed Kagome and Shippo's faces as ship carried them to the Tournaments main land.

"For a demon infested ship it's really peaceful" said Shippo.

"I guess so" replied the blue eyed girl.

"Mommy! Mommy! Look what I did!"

Kags plucked the kit off her feet holding her close "Yuki, stop shouting I'm right here. Now, what did you do?"

The blue eyed kit pointed in the other direction at the half breed storming their way "Inuyasha-oji-san"

As the white haired demon stomped closer she saw the reason her daughter was now giggling.

"Yuki! Did you do this?" he pointed to his eye shadowed and lipsticked face.

She nodded her head, smiling. Kagome bit her lip as she tried not to giggle. Shippo on the other hand did nothing to stop his grin.

"I'm sorry miss. Have you seen Inuyasha?"

Inuyasha growled murderously "Come here kit! I'm gonna kill ya!"

The auburn haired fox took off in the opposite direction, his uncle chasing him around the boat.

The ship's captain shouted for them to stop but that went on deaf ears. Finally a young female voice rang out accross the ship.

"Stop it you two you're acting like a couple of pups" she said sternly.

Inuyasha froze while Shippo just stopped one brow raised in her direction.

Sessomaru came out beside her placing an arm around her shoulders. "Thank you, Rin" He then turned to everyone else. "Listen, the rules say only one team may get off the boat. They could attack at any minute so keep your guard up!"

No sooner than the words left his mouth a bunch of demons appeared before them either cracking their knuckles or grinning a sharp toothy grin.

"You're dead!" one shouted jumping at Kagome.

Yuki who she had set down clung to her leg tightly. It alone kept Kags from dodging it's claws. The demon sliced through her shoulder making it pour blood over her hakima.

"Kagome/ Momma" called Inuyasha and Shippo as they fought their own batch of demons "Are you okay?"

She began to shake. Clutching at her shoulder, she brought the hand to her face and it darkened "This. Is. My favorite. Outfit!"

Water began to beat around the boat until they were facing a storm on all sides.

Her family knew what was about to happen and hit the deck. Just as the other demons were about to dog pile her the Jewel beneath her clothes glowed an eerie purple, her hands flew forward, and pink lightning burst forth purifying the remaining demons into ashes. Her eyes clenched shut and she started the fall backwards.

Once he was sure it was safe to get up Shippo sprinted for his mother in time to catch her.

"Momma are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, Shippo"

Leaking from Yuki's face were tears. She had become scared when her mother used her powers and was now crying.

Helping his mom steady on her feet the auburn haired boy watched her shakily pick up the little kit.

"Look!" Everyone was standing and looking at the tournament land

"We made it"

Ooooooo

Kagome carried her kit on her hip followed by the family. Her eyes were scanning the crowd there for any competition when they caught sight of a familiar face. The unforgettable emerald green eyes of her tutor locked with hers and they positively glowed in surprise.

"Kagome, what are you doing here?"

The miko bit her bottom lip and brought Yuki around to her heart as if to shield it from his voice "I could ask you the same, Shuichi"
Converting /tmp/phpBEiXlI to /dev/stdout