Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What the Hell?! ❯ Chap.1 - Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Welcome to my first YYH story which is called `What the Hell!?'… I hope that you readers out there will enjoy this story. Anyways, without further ado, I present to you my first YYH story `What the Hell!?'
 
Disclaimer: I do not own YYH.
 
Symbols are the following:-
 
“I like to eat pizza.” - Speaking
`Damn him to hell…' - Thoughts
Absolutely HATE that person… - Emphasis
 
Summary:
 
Holy crap! What's this!? Kurama has a sister, AND also a cousin!? Wait a minute, THEY ARE WHAT!?!?!? Read as Kurama and the other members of the Reikai Tantei, aka the Spirit Detectives, try to get over their flabbergasting shock at the newcomers' abilities and forms.
 
Overall, this is truly a tale of drama, humor, action/adventure, romance, and more to come……
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Prologue: Too Big A Piece of News Until…
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
 
Kurama was currently doing his homework in peace, all in all, solitude. It was a nice day, not a cloud in the summer skies, birds chirping happily during the day, a beautiful view of the hill that had cherry blossom trees and not even one dark thought to spare. A few years had passed since both the Dark and Makai Tournament. Yusuke had discovered that Keiko liked someone else, and had recently broken up with her although they still remained as good friends, of course. Hiei had returned to the Makai to work for Mukuro, seeing there was nothing else to do in the Ningenkai but still occasionally visit Yukina at Genkai's temple. Kuwabara was currently engaged to the oh-so-nice Koorime whose name was Yukina. Needless to say, Hiei had really, really wanted to murder Kuwabara and make it look like an accident but Kurama had restrained him from doing so by retorting back that if Kuwabara died, Yukina would be devastated which was a HUGE no-no in Hiei's book. Hiei had stopped struggling, scowled darkly at the kitsune, and disappeared after telling Kurama that he owed him one. The kitsune had sweat dropped at his friend's comment.
 
His mother then called, “Shuichi, can you come downstairs for a moment?” Ah, his mother whom he loved and would sacrifice himself for and such things as other families would have done for each other. When Shiori, his mother, accidentally found out that he was a Youkai, a silver kitsune demon which controlled plants, she had taken the news calmly and without any hesitation. When Kurama enquired why, she had smiled warmly and merely answered that she was his mother, after all, and then this: “Why do you enquire so? Would you have wanted me to faint in shock?” Kurama had sweat dropped. As for his younger brother Shuiichi, he was so surprised and extremely excited that his elder brother was a silver fox demon until he suddenly fainted in shock, surprise and excitement. Meanwhile, his step-father had been so and utterly flabbergasted until he couldn't speak for half an hour. The two reactions which made Kurama sweatdrop and laugh nervously. But still, they still accepted and treated him as family.
 
Kurama closed his trigonometry workbook and answered his mother's call by responding, “I am coming, Mother.” He raised himself out of the chair with fluid grace, and then exited his room and started to come down the stairs. The aroma of food greeted him and so he went into the kitchen. He said, `You called me, Mother?' Shiori was cooking lunch on the kitchen stove. She greeted him and gestured him to one of the chairs to sit down. He obliged by pulling out a chair and sat down. Shiori turned off the stove and sat down on the chair in front of him. She clasped her hands nervously. Weariness was noticeable on her face and Kurama noticed that. He asked worriedly, “What is wrong, Mother?” She sighed and began her explanation, “Shuichi… I haven't been entirely honest with you….” Kurama listened for a good ten minutes. His face was devoid of all emotions when his mother was done. He just quietly sat there, contemplating what his mother had recently told him. Shiori glanced at him, worried if he was angry, when Kurama himself broke the silence by saying, “So I have a sister and cousin too?” Shiori nodded and asked him cautiously, “You aren't angry aren't you?” Kurama smiled at his mother and responded, “Of course not, Mother.” A genuine smile appeared on Shiori's face. She said, smiling, “Oh yes, I know I've something to tell you, but what was it? Hmm…” Kurama became puzzled. Just then, she remembered that particular `something' and added cheerfully and also brightly, “Oh yes, now I remember! You're going to like this, Shuichi, your sister and cousin are coming here first thing tomorrow.”
 
Kurama promptly fainted. It was simply too much for him to take.
 
Shiori sweatdropped and said to herself, “I could have told him that later……” As she called her other son to help her carry his elder brother up the stairs into his room.
 
 
Random Notes of the Authoress, Joy!! :-
 
Ehehehe… Sorry that I made Kurama faint, but really, imagine that you yourself suddenly found out that you have a sister and cousin and they were going to your house first thing tomorrow in just one afternoon. Hmmm… I can't imagine Hiei of all people fainting though… So yeah, the reaction is not really surprising. Oh, and I also apologize to Keiko/Yusuke fans who I may have offended by making the two break up and all. But still, at least they are on good terms.
 
And about Youko, he will come into the next chapter in a way, along with the rest of the Reikai Tantei though I really am thinking of leaving Kuwabara out of the story… Who knows…? Anyways, the next chapter will be called `The Two Arrives and More Introductions.'