Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Words Cannot Say ❯ Brief Reuinion ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

It was soon time for Yuske and the others to leave for Hanging Neck Island. Kurama, Hiei, Aeka, and Kuwabara waited for Yuske to get to the dock with the next fighter that would be needed for them to participate in the Dark Tournament at all. As they stood there waiting, Kuwabara looked over at Kurama who was guarding Aeka from the other demons who could sense she was a normal little girl and could only wonder why she was there. “Hey,” Kuwabara whispered to Kurama, “Why did you bring Yuske's big sister?”
 
“She asked me if she could come,” Kurama answered, thinking back to the night she begged him.
 
 
-----------------------
 
 
“Aeka, you are not well enough to go to this tournament,” Kurama said quietly placing his hand on her shoulder. “You are still sick. If you come on this trip, demons will lash at you knowing you are just a little human girl and make you feel lower than dirt.”
 
I have to come, Aeka signed slowly. Not just to make sure my little brother will be okay but to look for Jin.
 
“Jin won't be there, Aeka, you know that,” Kurama said softly, placing his hands on her cheeks.
 
Aeka was quiet for a little bit as she looked past Kurama's eyes. Putting her hands on his chest, she pushed away from him a little a bit so he would stop bothering her. I need to find him, she signed while her body shook from her crying. I keep throwing up because I know he'll never come back for me and it makes me sick
 
The demon fox placed his hand on the top of her head and gently rolled it down to the left side of her face. “Why do you say that? Jin promised he would come back for you. He even gave you his mother's flute to keep till he came back.”
 
Just please take me with you! Aeka begged again. If anything I will be able to watch my baby brother!
 
 
-----------------------
 
 
“Man, she's obsessing over this wind guy Yuske told me about,” Kuwabara said looking over at the small fragile Aeka.
 
“She is going to get herself killed,” Hiei remarked coldly, looking over at Kurama. “She is weak and without one of us there to hold her hand, she will die.”
 
The redhead looked over his shoulder at Aeka who was watching Hiei's lips move, deciphering what he was saying. “Hiei,” Kurama almost seemed to beg not wanting Aeka to listen to him.
 
“You brought a walking target to this tournament,” Hiei continued regardless with a venomous hiss.
 
“She is my concern for the moment,” Kurama said, stepping in front of her. “I will watch over her.”
 
Before Hiei could protest, all three turned their attention to the power coming from within the dark woods prompting Aeka to look as well since they all seemed caught by something heading their way. Yuske appeared with a short masked fighter at his side; the fighter he had promised the group he would recruit. “Hey, guys.” Yuske said, waving slightly. He stopped for a second upon recognizing his sister hiding behind Kurama. “Kurama, something followed you here,” He joked lightly.
 
“She asked to come, Yuske,” Kurama answered, “I decided to bring her with us.”
 
Yuske scrunched up his nose, looking over at his sister. “Aeka,” Yuske began, walking towards the girl who was standing behind Kurama. “What the hell do you think you're doing here?”
 
I'm coming with you, whether you like it or not, Aeka growled while signing and narrowing her eyes at him. I won't let you leave me behind wondering if you are okay! That will torture me slowly and I don't want to hurt anymore!
 
Yuske raised his hands up chest level, showing he was surrendering since she put it that way. “Okay, okay! I understand, Aeka.” She watched as her younger brother situated the bag he had over his shoulder slightly as he concluded, “You are getting soft.”
 
“I will watch over her for you, Yuske,” Kurama assured him as they headed towards the boat.
 
“Yeah, sure, whatever,” Yuske said, sounding as if he didn't care. “Thanks fox boy.”
 
Aeka was scared already having to stand around a bunch of hideous low class demons and now she had to go on board with all of them. Not wanting to be touched by any of them, she latched onto Kurama's arm, hoping he was strong enough to fin them off if they dared try anything. He could feel her crushing his arm as he was walking on board the boat forcing Kurama to flinch a little bit since it was unsuspecting. Wanting to be able to feel his arm, Kurama got it away from her and just wrapped his arm around her back, keeping Aeka close to his right side.
 
 
-----------------------
 
 
He called you fox boy, Aeka signed as she stayed close to Kurama's side. Why did he call you fox boy?
 
Kurama looked out at the murky water as the wind blew his red hair behind him. “I am a fox demon.”
 
Seeing him say this prompted Aeka to look at his body closer. She pushed herself off of the railing and looked at his backside searching for a tail or something. Fox demon, hu? She thought to herself.
 
Kurama kept his eyes on her, wondering what she was doing at first. She was examining him like he was a piece of meat and he found it rather entertaining. However, when she put her hand on his rear that was pretty much where he drew the line. Jumping around so his backside was facing the railing he looked at her surprised while sweating a little from embarrassment.
 
Where's your tail? She signed, cocking a brow at him quixotically. Don't fox demons have tails?
 
Kurama was still trying to get his breath back from when her hand met with his butt as he didn't answer. “I—ummm...!”
 
Reaching up she gently squeezed his earlobes for a second. And you have human ears.
 
“I am a fox demon trapped in a human's body,” He managed to say with a nervous laugh as he gripped onto her wrists to stop her from touching him anywhere else. “I can no better transform from my human form into my demonic form than you can transform into a demon yourself.”
 
Well, that's weird, Aeka signed, looking at his body still.
 
Kurama's attention shifted quickly to a group of demons that were looking at the young woman as if she were a hooker on the busy streets of some big city. “Aeka, come here,” He ordered, reaching out to her and gripping onto her arm gently. Aeka was unable to question what he was doing as she was soon falling onto his chest.
 
Before Aeka could get angry and slap Kurama for what he had done, she noticed that his attention as well as Kuwabara's and Hiei's were situated elsewhere. They were all looking up at this guy who looked like a pirate and Aeka felt like she had slipped into some action, adventure film. What he was saying was unclear to Aeka for he was too far away for her to try and read his lips. The boat began to shake however, and it caused Aeka to latch onto Kurama yet again for she didn't want to fall overboard. What is going on? She wondered, looking over her shoulder to see that in the center of the boat parting and raising up a fighting platform. Confused by all of this, Aeka looked up at Kurama who was listening to the rules of this match. Grabbing onto his sleeve, she tugged lightly, getting his attention. What is going on? What is that platform for?
 
“We are to fight the other teams on this boat. If we survive, we go onward to Hanging Neck Island.”
 
Aeka panicked hearing him say `if we survive'. Hiei saw the worry mounting in her expression from where he stood on the railing of the boat itself. “I vote we just kill them all and get it over with. Who cares for this meaningless one on one battle?” In his own weird way, Kurama could tell Hiei was trying to lessen the worries that were in Aeka's mind.
 
In a sense, it worked. But it only made Aeka wonder how strong these people were. She didn't even know that her younger brother's rival had the powers Yuske claimed to have. The world is turning upside down, Aeka thought with a sigh. Seeing that Yuske was sleeping next to Kurama, she joined her sleeping brother, waiting for the trip to be over.
 
 
-----------------------
 
 
Eventually the boat stopped at the island that was Hanging Neck Island and Aeka was glad of it. Having all the demons steal Hiei's idea actually freaked her out and she tried to protect her sleeping brother to the best of her ability as a human girl. It was rather odd when her sleeping brother ended up being the one to protect her when Kurama could not. She was so busy being frantic about her brother's life Aeka was unable to witness Hiei or Kurama's powers at the time. Not to mention Kuwabara's hidden powers and this masked fighter Yuske brought along with him.
 
“Where's Aeka?” Kuwabara asked Kurama.
 
Kurama pointed behind the team to show the young girl trying to drag her sleeping brother. It's like carrying a dead person! She complained, trying her hardest to catch up with the rest of the group. Sorry, she signed, mostly to Hiei since already Aeka was introduced to his impatient attitude and rudeness.
 
Hiei said nothing to her since he didn't know Sign Language at all. All he did was close his eyes and grunt to himself.
 
Kurama noticed the silence between them and decided to break it by offering to carry Yuske. “Let me take him for you, if you like. I promised you I would watch over him on your behalf.”
 
If you insist, Aeka signed, trying to get Yuske off of her back. Once Kurama took the tired Yuske, Aeka managed to pop her back since it was complaining about Yuske's body weight. Well, that's 130 lbs of useless fat off of me, Aeka signed as a joke. Looking up at the expensive hotel Aeka looked over at Kurama once again, Snob Hill…
 
Kurama laughed softly, trying to keep Yuske's body from dragging. “We might as well enter. Let's go.”
 
On their way up to their room for the time the tournament would be running, Aeka occasionally looked around thinking to herself. I wonder if Jin is here… Sighing, Aeka looked down at her feet. I am just asking to get hurt. Why would Jin come to this tournament? He is into fun, not fighting.
 
Kurama sensed that Aeka was no longer next to him and it prompted the redhead to stop and check on the distressing girl. Tapping on her shoulder real quick, he asked, “What is the matter?” When Aeka didn't answer, Kurama's smile turned into a concern frown. “Why don't we go to the room first and then I can help you look for Jin.”
 
 
-----------------------
 
 
The Shinobi team had already made it to the hotel before the others and everyone was choosing who to bunk with. Jin finished getting what little things he brought with him thrown on the bed he claimed as his for the time they would be staying at the tournament once he chose Touya as his bunk buddy.
 
“You're lucky Risho went through with this idea,” Touya remarked, moving his things to the other bed. “And what makes you think somebody like Aeka is here?”
 
Jin laughed at Touya's pessimistic attitude as he landed face down on the bed covers. “If Yuske Urameshi is to be the main attraction at the Dark Tournament than, who's to say that his sister will not come too?”
 
“Who's to say he'll let his sister come to something this dangerous for a human such as her?” Touya asked, sitting on his bed while the wind master lounged on his. “Remember that Yuske and Aeka are not blood related so she has no special powers like Yuske does.”
 
Jin had missed the soft beds he was able to sleep in when he was able to be with Aeka. Flipping over on his back, he looked over at Touya a bit confused. “I thought you volunteered to help me get with Aeka. Why do you sound so pessimistic lately?”
 
“No, I am fighting for the light. You are fighting for Aeka,” Touya corrected. “Don't get the two confused.”
 
It didn't really bother Jin that much to hear Touya say that but he got to his feet and headed towards the door of his room. “I'm gonna look for Yuske. If Aeka is not here, I would to at least like to know. Not that it will matter. Once we win this island, I will be able to see her when I wish to.”
 
Not wanting to be left in the room alone and certainly not wanting to leave Jin alone to find Aeka or Yuske, Touya got to his feet and followed behind his only friend in the Shinobi without a word at the moment.
 
Once Jin reached the stairs, he looked over his shoulder at Touya who he sensed was following him. “Where are you going? I thought you didn't care about Aeka,” he asked once at the stairs.
 
Touya rolled his eyes at Jin's comments. “I never said I didn't care about her. I just said I wasn't fighting for her.” The ice master punched Jin lightly on the arm, “Don't get the two confused.”
 
Jin nodded, heading down the plush stairs to the fancy entrance where the check-in counter was, knowing they would be able to tell him where Yuske's room was.
 
As the two of them headed towards the front desk, Touya whacked Jin in the abdomen to get his attention with the back of his hand. “Look!”
 
Jin looked quickly from where Touya stood at his side to where he was pointing at the front desk. The wind master's eyes flew open, thinking that what he was staring at was an illusion. “Well, I'll be damned!”
 
Aeka was standing next to Kurama, waiting on him to finish asking if someone with Touya or Jin's description checked in. Kurama looked over at Aeka and shook his fiery red hair head. “They haven't seen anyone by that description.”
 
Aeka sighed, crossing her arms over her chest sadly, wishing there was some mix-up somewhere. As she stood there, begging herself not to cry in front of everyone, Aeka tossed her long flowing hair over her shoulders, looking off to the left quickly needing a reason not to look Kurama directly in the face. As she did so, her narrow aquatic eyes caught Jin's navy. Oh my God…
 
Hearing Aeka inhale sharply prompted Kurama to follow her eyesight from where he stood next to her, surprised to see who was standing there and yet—disturbed at why the Shinobi would be there.
 
“Aeka!” Jin shouted over the talkative crowd causing a few of the humans to cease in their conversations once Jin started running towards her.
 
Jin! He's alright! She thought, reaching for him as she was getting closer to him.
 
Well, I'll be, Kurama thought feeling just as surprised as Aeka. Jin and Touya are here after all. But then that means! Knowing she wouldn't be able to hear him, Kurama hurried after her trusting it wouldn't be a good idea to get closer to Jin than she already was.
 
Aeka and Jin were only so far away from one another but it was interrupted by Risho, stepping in front of Jin quickly, looking angrily down at the young girl like an angry parent. Seeing this expression on this unknown demon's face, caused Aeka to stop quickly and scurry backward. “It's that little bitch!” Risho growled, looking over his shoulder at Jin and Touya. “Is this the reason you wanted to come here??”
 
“Risho—let me explain!” Jin begged, knowing Risho wouldn't hesitate to kill Aeka right there in front of him.
 
Turning around at the frightened girl angrily, the leader of the Shinobi raised his hand backward, calling forth his earth magic so he could handle the problem right here and now.
 
Aeka couldn't do anything about this as she sat there, shaking uncontrollably at what may be her death. JIN! She could only scream in her mind praying he would stop this unknown demon from touching her.
 
“Stop!!” Kurama ordered, stepping in front of her. As the two demons stood there, staring one another down, it caused a panic amongst those rich humans nearby forcing glasses to shatter and women and men to run behind safer lines terrified of the situation.
 
“Get the hell out of my way,” Risho ordered over the screaming and yelling of the rich snobs nearby, “Or I will kill you with her!”
 
“What would one little girl's life mean to you?” Kurama asked, not moving.
 
“She is poisoning Jin's mind and I want her dead!” Risho growled, watching Aeka stand behind Kurama looking occasionally over at the wind master who was behind his leader on his backside and hands with Touya standing behind him, resting his hands on Jin's shoulders. “Now, stand aside.”
 
Kurama didn't move. He continued to stand there with his arms outstretched. “Our team will be fighting your team, I bet in this tournament. If you want Aeka dead, then first you have to beat down her brother.”
 
Risho laughed aloud at this remark. “Her brother? And just who is her brother?”
 
“Yuske Urameshi,” Kurama answered, not dropping his guard over his charge.
 
Risho was not concerned over this at all as he spat to the side to show his hatred for the name Yuske. “Fine then-” The earth master turned his back to the fox demon, looking at the two misfits that belonged to his team angrily. “-I will kill Yuske Urameshi…and you, Jin, will watch me tear off that bitch's pretty little head after her brother's demise.”
 
Jin was about to get up and attack Risho but Touya pulled him backward, encouraging him not to do something foolish and that he would end up regretting.
 
“But I will tell you one thing.” The leader of the Shinobi turned his attention back to the fox demon that was helping Aeka to her feet. “If I catch her around Jin, I will kill her right away.”
 
“Alright then,” Kurama said, holding the trembling Aeka close to his body. “I will keep her away from Jin…”
 
“It's agreed then.” Risho looked back at Jin and Touya, nodding towards the stairs. “Let's go. I need to speak with you personally, Jin.”
 
The wind master snarled at Risho behind his back before looking back at the frightened Aeka who was latched onto Kurama pretty tight, crying tears of fear and sadness while looking back over at Jin who she was now scared to get close to because of his leader. As Aeka reached out to at least touch Jin once again after a year of being away from him, Kurama gently lowered her arm. “You better go,” Aeka watched Kurama tell Jin and Touya.
 
When Jin refused to move, Touya helped him. “Come on, Jin. Let's go…”
 
“But-” Jin began, looking over at Aeka.
 
“Jin!” Touya demanded this time. “As far as I am concerned, Risho is being lenient right now when it comes to Aeka's life,” The ice master whispered to his partner. “Let's go while he is still feeling `nice'.”
 
Looking back over at Aeka one more time, the wind master couldn't help but sigh heavy-heartedly since he wanted to hold onto her at least one more time. But Jin finally gave in, realizing that Touya was right, as he turned to leave Aeka to spare her life since he valued it more than his own.
 
Seeing him about to leave her again, the young girl tried reaching for him once again as she began to whimper. Right now more than ever she tried to say the name `Jin' to make him stop but her voice wouldn't do it.
 
As he continued to walk further away from her, he was being reminded of when she was five and he was forced to leave her. It was tearing at him, but there was nothing he could do if he was to spare her life.
7/19/2004