Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Words Cannot Say ❯ Long Day ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Aeka continued to sit there and stare long and hard at the beautiful fox demon that was now situated within the ring as was pretty much everyone else. He's…so beautiful… Aeka thought her mouth just about hanging open.
 
Jin looked at Aeka's current expression scrunching up his expression in jealousy since he knew what hers was conveying before looking down at what Kurama had now become. “He's just a fox demon,” He remarked sourly with his arms crossed. “I don't see anything special about that.”
 
Grabbing onto Jin's arm, Aeka asked, Is that truly Kurama??
 
Jin nodded looking back down at the silver haired fox demon. “Yes, that is him. He was a fox demon by the name of Yoko Kurama, Aeka.”
 
But…that doesn't explain how he has two forms…what happened to you, Kurama? Aeka questioned keeping her eyes on him watching as he converted back to the normal redhead Kurama.
 
“Appears he transformed back,” Chuu remarked keeping his eyes on the ring. “Wonder what happened.”
 
Aeka kept her eyes on the ring to see that the person who was fighting Kurama was indeed dead on the floor. But it wasn't he who sleighed him apparently. The demon with long lavender hair jumped into the ring and took back his sword which was near the body of the dead demon before exchanging words quite possibly—it was too hard to tell from where Aeka was sitting.
 
Looking up at Jin who was glancing down at the ring as well she saw him ask to everyone, “Who's going to fight who now?”
 
Aeka looked down at the ring yet again from where she was feeling sick to her stomach. She could see from where she was that Kurama was injured a good bit, and also that the black haired stranger she didn't know much about, who was fighting for their team seemed in just as bad a fix. Looking down at the yo-yo boy, Rinku, Aeka, tapped on his shoulder she asked, Who's fighting next?

Rinku looked up at her confused. He didn't know Sign Language or even heard of it for that matter. Upon hearing Rinku ask what Aeka meant, prompted Jin to look down at the two as she signed yet again but a lot slower. “So asked `who's fighting next'.”
 
Rinku shrugged, “We don't know yet. Normally they are decided at random or who wants to fight next but this team is rolling dice that have their names on it. Meaning anyone can fight next.”
 
But Kurama and that black haired guy are exhausted! She signed in a panic changing her look from Rinku to Jin.
 
“Hiei,” Jin correctly quickly.
 
Whatever, Aeka signed narrowing her eyes at him. My point is they shouldn't have to fight more than once!
 
“They will be fine,” Touya remarked, leaning forward so Aeka could see him. “Keep in mind, Aeka, they are not mortals. They can handle themselves. They also are all eager to fight at the moment given the quarreling that is going on down on their side as to who is to take this fight.”
 
Getting to her feet quickly Aeka hurried to the nearest exit she could not hearing the others wonder what had gotten into her. Jin quickly followed behind her, grabbing onto her wrist to prevent her from heading off without him. As she turned around he asked, “What is wrong??”
 
I can't sit and watch this! I am worried about my brother! She signed wanting to go about her way but Jin refused to let her as he kept a firm grip on her wrist. Seeing Touya come into view along with the other two demons made her ask, Touya, you said my brother didn't show up at the fighting ring, right?
 
“Yes. Neither did the masked fighter.”
 
Well, then maybe they are still at the hotel or maybe something happened to them on the way to the fight!
 
“Aeka, I am sure Yuske is fine,” Touya remarked with a sincere smile.
 
Jerking back her hand from Jin she clutched her hands into fists. You don't know that and neither do I! I want to find my brother!
 
“I'll come with you, Shelia,” Chuu remarked stepping in front of the three dumbstruck demons.
 
Aeka nodded to show her appreciation before heading off quickly towards the exit.
 
“I'm coming with you as well,” Jin eventually said aloud following behind them as fast as he could. “I don't want you to get mixed up with strange demons again like last time.”
 
When Touya and Rinku stood there silently, since the three had already taken off without asking what they wanted to do. Looking down at Rinku and vise versa, the two shrugged. “Those two morons are going to need our help. They can barely take care of themselves let alone a human girl,” Rinku stated harshly.
 
“Agreed. Let's go,” Touya said, charging after them.
 
 
----------------------
 
 
Aeka checked back at the hotel with Jin and Chuu as Touya and Rinku waited patiently outside for their return. “Urameshi's not in the hotel,” Chuu replied once they were through searching his hotel room.
 
“You'd think with a power like what Urameshi has, we could sense where he is at the very least,” Touya said with his arms crossed over his chest.
 
Where are you, Yuske? Aeka thought to herself as she stood there only able to wonder where he could be. It was a fairly big island and her little brother could be anywhere.
 
Eventually Jin's attention was shifted from the group to elsewhere on the island. “Do you sense that? Feels like someone's power is rising incredibly!”
 
Around this moment everyone was looking and paying attention to where Jin was gazing off towards. Aeka noticed this eventually and followed their gaze wondering what was so important. “That may be Yuske,” Rinku remarked.
 
Yuske? Aeka signed quickly grabbing onto Jin's revealing outfit by gripping the two strands threatening to pull them off, she asked again. Where? Where is the power coming from?
 
Nearly falling over at her sudden grab to his Shinobi attire, Jin pointed in the direction not saying anything knowing she was too bent out of shape about her brother to care at the moment what would come from his mouth.
 
Grabbing onto his arm, she tugged on it. Please, she signed, show me!
 
Chuu nodded in the direction. “This way he be, Shelia.”
 
When everybody else followed the power with Chuu in the lead, Aeka followed after the demons praying that her brother would be alright.
 
The demon herd stopped however seeing that Yuske's injured looking body was being protected by Keiko who was swarmed by three demons. Before she could question what Keiko was doing with Yuske's body, Rinku pounded one of the demons with his yo-yos catching the other's attention.
 
Aeka didn't bother with those two demons since she knew the demons she was with could handle them. Little brother! Aeka panicked in her mind as she knelt down in front of Yuske's body. He looks injured…he's hurt! I knew it!
 
Keiko could see the worry in Aeka's expression, feeling sorry for her. But, on all accounts, she avoided talking to Aeka because she didn't know what to say to someone who was deaf. Especially since she didn't know Sign Language let alone Aeka very well for that matter.
 
“What exactly happened to Urameshi?” Jin asked looking at the zonked out Spirit Detective.
 
“I-I don't know,” Keiko answered. “The girls and I found him lying her by himself looking this tired.”
 
Touya could only imagine how this was making someone such as Aeka feel as he made a quick suggestion, “Why not take him to the infirmary or to his hotel room to rest?” As everyone turned their attention to the ice master, he continued, “The fighting is almost over and he doesn't look as though he will be able to fight anytime soon but I am sure the others can handle it.”
 
Aeka placed her hand on Yuske's forehead as her eyes shined with tears that were forming. Yuske…What happened to you…?
 
Before she could have anymore time with the brother she had cared for, Chuu picked him up out of Keiko's arms, situated him in his own. “Alright then, let's get him back to the hotel room, eh?”
 
Aeka got to her feet slowly, not caring what Keiko was doing at the time as she folded her hands right in front of her wanting to be with her brother now since she could tell that this whole Dark Tournament was taking its toll on him.
 
The Wind Master could see her concern and could only imagine what she was thinking at the moment since it appeared things just got worse and worse. Placing his hand on shoulder, Jin asked, “Are you ok?”
 
Aeka nodded, her white hair falling in her way as she did so. I am fine, she signed with a worried frown while putting her hair behind her ear right.
 
“Urameshi will be fine. He's been through worse scrapes then this one,” Jin replied trying to console her, walking behind Chuu and the others with her.
 
Pushing slowly away from Jin she looked up at the wind master sadly. Is—it okay if I spend some time with my brother…? Since this whole thing started, I haven't been with him one bit it seems…
 
You haven't spent that much time with me either, Jin thought sadly. He felt a bit hurt by her hand movements but regardless he forced on a fake smile to let her know it would be fine. “Sure, it's ok.”
 
Thank you, Jin, Aeka signed, giving him a quick hug.
 
Touya stopped walking with Jin seeing that he was giving Aeka some space starting then. Looking from the wind master to Aeka he asked, “Has she decided yet?”
 
“No,” Jin answered watching as Aeka, Chuu, and Rinku headed to the hotel with Yuske's body. “She told me she doesn't know yet. But, I have a feeling she won't want to come with me.” The wind master paused before shrugging it off like it didn't matter anymore though it was eating him alive. “Oh well. If she doesn't want to be with me…I guess I can live with it.”
 
Touya stood there silently watching as Jin turned his back to Aeka, walking off to be elsewhere—anywhere but there. Knowing his partner would be fine, he sighed heavily walking towards the hotel to talk to Aeka.
 
 
----------------------
 
 
Aeka stayed by her little brother's side till Genkai came to the room to tell her that Yuske was going to be fine and he needed his rest. Aeka excused herself from the room, praying Yuske would be alright in the end of the tournament. Of course she knew the final fight was yet to come so she couldn't count her chickens just yet. Closing the door behind her, Aeka sighed shaking her head as she bit her lower lip. This is becoming a nightmare! She thought, covering her face with her hands.
 
Coming from his room, Kurama walked slowly down the hallway wanting to watch the fight between Toguro's team with whatever team they were to be matched with. He saw Aeka looking miserable on his way but he did nothing thinking she wanted to be alone for a moment.
 
Feeling someone was nearby Aeka lowered her hands just in time to see Kurama passing by. Not wanting him to go just yet, Aeka grabbed onto his wrist catching his attention.
 
“Aeka? What is it? Is something wrong?” Kurama questioned coming back towards her so she would release his wrist.
 
What was that I saw in the ring? She signed looking into his eyes.
 
“What did you see?” He asked trying to play dumb.
 
That…cat thing…or fox…whatever the hell it is! What was that? She asked.
 
“It was a fox,” Kurama corrected standing in front of her with his arms at his sides. “That was my other form. My demon form I told you about on the boat ride over here. It's a silver fox.”
 
What…What happened to you, Kurama? Aeka signed confused at all of this.
 
“What happened to me?” He reiterated. “Nothing has happened to me.”
 
You—you're not normal, Kurama! She eventually just signed out without really thinking it through. How could a human give birth to a demon?
 
“Aeka, that is a long story that would take much explaining,” Kurama answered honestly with a soft laugh. “All I can say is, if my demon spirit hadn't of merged with the unborn child, Shuichi Minamino—.” Here he placed his hands on Aeka's cheeks feeling a bit bad about what he had done. “Maybe he would have been everything you wanted in a friend and much more.”
 
After saying something as depressing as that, he released her and about headed on his way. Aeka wouldn't let him however. She grabbed onto his arm, stopping him yet again. How can you say something like that? Aeka asked feeling herself about to break down from the inside out. That is a horrible thing to say! There is nothing wrong with you, Kurama! I don't care if you're a fucking fox demon named Yoko Kurama the great bandit thief! Or if you are the human boy, Shuichi Minamino or whatever! I still care about you even though you bug the royal hell out of me! Which nobody can do better than you, I might add!
 
Looking into her eyes seeing that she was being sincere, Kurama opened his mouth to speak, “I killed countless demons just to get what I wanted.”
 
Seeing him say this made Aeka look at him confused wondering if she even read that right.
 
“I was a fox thief who slaughtered anyone who got in my way. I was heartless and didn't care about what happened to others. I even sent an assassin to destroy one of the members in my group. I didn't turn around until my mother showed how much she loved me and…I never experienced love before from anybody.”
 
So…? Aeka eventually signed looking at him, You are not like that any longer!
 
Sighing Kurama looked at her with a worried expression. “Maybe—but I know I cannot beat the next match unless I transform back into that form.”
 
Transform back…? Transform back forever or temporarily? Aeka signed hoping for the best.
 
Kurama shrugged. “I don't know. Right now, I cannot do it anyways. Don't worry about me, Aeka. I will be fine either way.” Silence fell between the two for awhile till Kurama waved goodbye to Aeka. “I am going to watch Toguro's Team fight. I will return later. Why don't you get some rest? You look exhausted.”
 
After that, all the young teen could do was stand and watch Kurama leave to go watch the other fights. Sighing, she looked down at her feet as she leaned against the wall forcing herself not to cry. This whole day has been hell…I want to go home already…
 
The day wasn't quite over yet as Touya found her in the hallway looking quite upset. Narrowing his eyes a bit at her he walked closer wanting to talk to her alone regardless of how she was currently feeling. Whether she wants to or not, she is going to speak to me…
11/29/2004