Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ When in Battle ❯ When in Battle ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

--Youko Kurama's POV--

Engaging in battle sends a flood of excitement to anyone. Instantly, a soul's fire of emotions is ignited.

Watching blood drip, endlessly, becomes as beautiful as the sunset. Cries of pain become soothing music, and the smell of fear like fragrant flowers.

Peace is not my favored outcome.

When things change, as the fight begins, I find myself praying it will never end.

"Mercy" is a word of dead language.

As the battle continues… somehow, everything seen by my eyes becomes heavenly. Especially Hiei…

Normally cold, freezing rather, when fighting he'll become a blaze. As soon as the fight grows heated, his heart will pound and his eyes shimmer with passion.

Hiei loves it too… I know.

When in battle we see the same world. One which most would find defective, we find perfect, flawless.

It's not the only way, but it's the best.

While Hiei's in battle, so much feeling can be seen….

His raging anger, in that world, becomes delight.

His gruff, cruel façade is shed, and I see only beauty.

When I battle at his side, at last I feel content.

Normally, knowing there are others far more attractive, knowing I can have them… in battle… Hiei is far more stunning.

I want that battle to last forever. Always fighting as his side, knowing that whenever we share a glance, we're seeing the same…

When we fight we are the same.

And if he is beautiful in my eyes… what must I be in his?

Screams become a soft melody…. Wounds are spectacular works of art…. And taking a hit for him, aiding his success… is just as great a show of affection as any other….

To see that look of satisfaction on his face, and to know I was there, helping to bring it.

In our world, fighting side by side… It was our way of expressing the love we shared.

To know that the harder we fought, the more emotions would fill the other.

I wanted the battle to go on and on… until finally the climax of our hearts was met, and that world would be expanded….

But all in all, a happy ending isn't what we strive for…. Peace comes of war, war comes of peace.

I would do all I could to feed Hiei's fire… His passion rising as the battle heated, was all I wanted….

Win or lose, our fight had no victors.

An outcome of any kind was a loss…

As long as I fought the battle, I could forever be in love….

--End--