Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Murders ❯ Into the Void ( Chapter 26 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winter Murders

"Hitori heya no sumi de uzuku matteta

Anata no hada noiro omoidashiteta

Dkishimeru to fui ni kieteyuku yuki

Murasaki no sora kara futtekuru zetsubou

"Hajimeteatta hi wa chikakute touku

Sagashiteita hito wa mujaki ni warau

Hikareteyuku ore wa kotae mo miezu

Kinou, kyou, ashita wo nakushiteku

"Ano kuroushisa hageshisa

Ano kizuato ni kuchizuke

Ano chigiresouna omoi mo

Nemurenu hodo no itami mo

Dare ga ubaeru mono ka?

"Soba ni ite ikanaide ore dake mtsumete

Mune wo kogasu anate e no ai

Dakishimete hanarenai dare ni mo kowasenai

Donna kami ni mo sumuitemo ii

Inochi nado nakushitemo

Anata dake ireba ii

"Moshi mo kono shinzou nukidaserunara

Ima sugu anata ni kono ai misetai

Mi wo sakareruyouna yoru ga tsuzukeba

Akkenaku yume nado kieteyuku

"Ano nayamashisa setsunasa

Ano eien ni inotu yo

Ano shibireruyouna toiki mo

Tada tsuka no ma no yasuragi mo

Dare ga ubaeru mono ka?

"Koko ni itekurerunara ni do to wa nakasenai

Aishiteiru anata to chikau

Hazurenai karameau tsumetai yubisaki

Donna kami ni mo sumuitemo ii

Kono tsumi ga nadatte

Anta dake ireba ii

"Soba ni ite ikanaide ore dake mtsumete

Mune wo kogasu anate e no ai

Dakishimete hanarenai dare ni mo kowasenai

Donna kami ni mo sumuitemo ii

Inochi nado nakushitemo

Anata dake ireba ii."

Hiei soon found that there was no soul within Kurama's mind. His song echoed in the darkness that surrounded him. He let himself float, letting whatever powers that be pull him along in hopefully the right direction. He left himself drift. He knew he was leaving Kurama's mind, and traveling outside into the void. It was never pleasant in the void. All the lost souls of the three worlds resided in the void. He knew from experience that the void wasn't a nice place to inhabit. He hoped he could find Kurama soon.

Hiei saw a light ahead of him. He could feel himself being drawn to it. Hope rose in his chest. He knew it had to be Kurama, but he soon doubted that it was. This soul had radiance about it. It was the purest soul Hiei had ever seen in his life. This soul shone with a pure white light that lit up the darkness. He knew it couldn't be Kurama, for his soul was not as pure as it seemed.

As Hiei approached the soul he noticed that it was a girl. She was much too young to be a soul in the void. No person should, or would die so young with a soul such as hers. He couldn't help but stare at her angelic features, her elfin figure and her flowing red hair. She turned and smiled brightly at him. Hiei blinked and looked down at himself. His soul was light, but not luminous as hers. He was no pure thing, and yet he glowed with a light that he himself could not explain.

"Hello," she said pleasantly. He blinked at her once again. She smiled brightly. Hiei hesitated slightly.

"Hello," he replied finally. She smiled even brighter at the confused Koorime. Hiei had no idea why she was so happy.

"I suppose it works like this," she commented. Hiei raised an eyebrow, curious what she was talking about. "You're looking for the one you love, are you not?"

Hiei was startled, but nodded his head, too stunned to speak. The girl grinned lecherously at him for a moment.

"I bet that she was a very good lay," she commented evilly. Hiei blushed brightly, his soul turning a bright crimson. The girl laughed.

"He is…" Hiei finally managed to choke out, still highly embarrassed. The girl grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"He is? I'm assuming by the look on your face that you're on bottom," she said. Hiei turned a deeper shade of red. "So I'm right!"

Hiei just looked at the floor. How could she have such a pure soul? Hiei noticed suddenly that the bottom of her soul, where her feet were, was a dark red. Hiei was a bit surprised.

"Why are your feet red?" he asked her. She looked at her feet and blushed herself.

"Uh… I have a bit of a hentai mind… it shows, don't it?" she said sheepishly. Hiei just stared at her.

"I couldn't tell from the way you were teasing me about my love," Hiei said sarcastically. The girl laughed nervously.

"Sorry, I have a soft spot for people who can overcome the barriers of gender and find a love that is pure and true. I tend to insinuate a lot of things around them, its fun to watch people blush and stutter," the girl explained sheepishly.

Hiei just stared at her.

"So, what happened that your lover ended up here?" she asked inquisitively. Hiei sighed.

"It's a bit of a long story," he replied. The girl looked at him.

"We've got a bit of time on our hands. The only way we'll find the people we care for most in the world is wait for them to remember us and then we'll be pulled to their side," she said.

"Is that so…" Hiei spoke softly. He looked at the girl. She smiled at him. It was only then that he noticed that she was the same height as him. "How old are you?"

"Well…" the girl hesitated. "I'm only 14. My name is Noriko."

"So young and yet you already are in love?" Hiei asked her. Noriko smiled at him.

"How could I not fall in love with him?" she asked. Stars started to float about her. Hiei figure that brought new meaning to seeing stars.

"Ok then… you're definitely star struck," he commented. Noriko turned to him and made a sour face at him

"Bad pun," she pronounced. "What is your name anyway?"

"Hiei," he told her.

"Well Hiei, since we've got nearly all the time in the world, why don't you tell me what happened to drive your lover here."

~*~*

Noriko was silent for a moment after her tears had died down. Hiei had been worried for the poor girl, she was very apathetic. She suddenly pulled Hiei into a tight hug.

"I am sooo sorry!!!" she cried. Hiei was stunned, but allowed the girl to hug him. Then he noticed that they were drifting somewhere. They were heading towards a tarnished light. Hiei wasn't sure if they should head over there, but the second Noriko saw the light she cried out of happiness.

"Johnny!" she cried. The man's soul looked at her a bit puzzled.

"Noriko?" he asked, confused by her presence.

"I was worried about you," she said. She hugged Hiei. "This is my new friend Hiei; he's looking for his lover."

"Hello," said Johnny. Hiei looked at his tarnished soul. This man wasn't in any way pure like Noriko. He wondered what she saw in him.

"Johnny is a family friend," she told Hiei. "He's 25."

Hiei pondered this as he watched Noriko help Johnny to his feet. The man smiled his thanks, but his eyes went to Hiei. Hiei could tell that somewhere in this man's heart was jealousy, but it wouldn't surface. Hiei figure that this was a one sided love. Noriko loved him unconditionally, but he didn't lover her back.

Hiei watched in sadness as Johnny thanked Noriko, and acknowledged her help. Noriko beamed, but Johnny didn't notice, nor did he care. Hiei noticed that Noriko knew all of this, but continued to help him in anyway she could. Hiei's heart went out to the girl. If she suffered she certainly didn't show it.

Hiei felt something pulling him. He started to float away and hoped for the best for Noriko. He wanted her to stay as innocent as she was, and he wanted her to be happy.

He floated in darkness, being pulled by his loves thoughts of him. He felt the pull shake suddenly, but then it strengthened and pulled him faster. A green light and a grey light shone in the distance, getting closer.

"So much sadness…" he heard Kurama say.

"That's why it's called Wald Der Sorge Shuiichi," he heard Youko say. Hiei blinked. Two lovers… not a good thing.

"No really, but I feel so empty and alone and sad…" Shuiichi trailed off.

"I know. I've been here three other times," Youko said he seemed sad almost. He seemed caring.

"But that's not why we're crying, that's not why we're here," Shuiichi pointed out. Youko nodded.

"Yeah. A siren is the reason we're here. We were halfway to our respective afterlives, mine in hell and yours in heaven, when an angel saved us. Her voice brought us here," Youko agreed.

"Now all we need is someone to come and get us…" Shuiichi said. Youko nodded.

"I know who I want rescuing me," he grinned lecherously as he said this. Shuiichi just shook his head.

"I know, but I don't want to be rescued the same way you want to be rescued," he told Youko.

"You know… it would be fun if all three of us…" Youko began to say, but was cut off as Shuiichi noticed Hiei.

"Hiei!" he cried and ran over to the Koorime. Hiei hugged the human form of his lover. He felt himself become embraced from behind too. He looked over his shoulder and saw Youko.

"I told you he would come," Youko told Shuiichi.

"That you did," Shuiichi said. He leaned over Hiei and kissed Youko. Hiei was a bit startled, but let it go. It was only slightly strange to see two halves of the same being kiss.

Youko smiled lecherously at his two little pets. "What do you two think about getting out of here?"

Hiei nodded and Shuiichi buried his face in Hiei's hair.

"I just feel bad that this all happened. Who will take care of Wald Der Sorge now?" he asked. Youko shrugged. Hiei thought about it for a moment.

"Maybe Subaru," he said. Shuiichi looked at him as if he were nuts, as did Youko.

"I don't think so," Youko told Hiei. "He has enough on his shoulders. I don't think he will take care of this too."

Hiei felt Youko's hands run up his sides. He looked quizzically at the kitsune, who was smiling seductively.

"I haven't gotten to play with you yet…" he murmured before capturing Hiei's lips in a flaming kiss. Hiei was entirely surprised, and when he felt the kitsune's hands move from him to Shuiichi, he gasped and pulled away.

"Let's go," Shuiichi said. Youko pouted but nodded his head. "You can do whatever later."

Hiei felt himself being pulled to reality. He clung to his precious person, who was actually plural at the moment, and came back.