Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima: Descension ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Revelation
 
Seth pins the young man against the wall, “Why are you trying to kill the Queen, William?”
Will struggles against Seth but can't get free of his grip, “I wasn't going to kill her. I was going to give her a message and then leave!”
“Then say it.”
Will stops struggling and looks past Seth, “Queen Henrietta, your world will soon end. The Tide has grown weary or a world that has too many variables and has decided to do away with them.” Will struggles again making Seth loosen his grip slightly, “The world of magic is at an end, the taboo is going to be broken soon.” William stops talking but the message just seems so abrupt that Seth is expecting him to continue.
“And?”
William looks at Seth and raises his left eyebrow, “And what?”
“Was that it?”
“Yea....”
“So no....you can't stop me even if I tell you when and where?” Seth can believe it for the first half of his life in this world people were more than happy to tell him wear to find his opponents out of sure cockiness. Now that his enemy hasn't, he seems completely confused.
“This isn't some fairy tail, no towers or dungeons.”
Seth re-tightens his grip and slams Williams back against the wall, “Well in this fairy tail there are dungeons which is where we are going right now.”
As Seth practically drags his possible son out of the chamber the Queen of Tristain walks over to the window and looks out as her trembling hand clenches at her heart. Suddenly the glass of the window she is standing in front of cracks. Airo spins around and looks at his Queen. She looks over at him and smiles, but her eyes are filled with tears. She turns to him the rest of the way and Airo sprints to her as he sees why her eyes are filled with tears.
A small wound right in the middle of her chest has begun to bleed out. Airo sprints over to her and catches her before she hits the ground, “MEDIC!”
Saito runs to the window and breaks it out so he can see. On the wall of the Tristain castle is a woman holding a smoking hand gun. As her red hair is covering her face because the wind, 'No way how could she have done that with these primitive guns, and all this wind?'
The red head lifts her right arm over her head revealing another gun. She brings it out against the wind and adjusts how high she has it held. Saito thinks she must be insane. The gun fires and Saito quickly pulls out Derflinger and deflects the bullet. “NO WAY!”
 
 
Seth throws William into the cell next to the one he broke out of, “What the hell kind of message was that?”
“I said what I was told to say. The Tide has a plan and I don't really know what that is.” William sits down and crosses his arms. “Do you smell that?”
Seth shakes his head just as a fire ball crashes into the wall just a few feet from William's cell sending an explosion of fire and stone crashing into Seth and the surrounding area. William crawls out from under his bed and looks at the carnage caused by the explosion. Seth is almost completely buried by ruble. William spins and kicks the gate of his cell and knocks it right off the hinges. William walks over to Seth's body and removes some of the ruble and then walks out through the hole in the wall caused by the fireball.
 
 
Saito is running through the castle trying to get to the red haired woman but as he is running he begins to notice something is wrong. None of the knights are standing, or alive. He rounds the corner leading to the main gate and someone is standing over a fallen knight. A woman with red hair, except she is dressed differently from the one before and she has a ninja-to sword on her back. Satio grits his teeth and charges at her his hand beginning to glow as his grip tightens around Derflinger.
Saito jumps into the air and brings the swords down but connects with nothing. Saito spins around and looks at the girls grey almost empty eyes, “What have you done!”
“I don't want to kill you.” Her voice sounds truly sorrowful like she is about to betray her best friend.
Saito charges again but she flips over him and as he turns around a painful guttural sound escapes him. Derflinger falls to the ground but Saito's arms are still raised over his head. He takes a few labored breathes as he slowly looks down at the sword piercing through the very middle of his body. The woman's back is still turned to him and her head is down. Saito stumbles backwards and she just lets go of the sword.
He falls to the ground blood has begun to seep through his jacket and he is starting to tremble. She turns towards him and wipes the single tear from her eye and kneels down beside him and takes the handle of the sword, “I'm sorry.” With a tug the blade is pulled from Saito's body and the blood begins to come out quicker. She wipes the blade clean and walks out through the open doors.
 
 
Tayo, Airo, Cole, and Zion watch helplessly as Zion's magic can seem to heal the Queen as she takes her last breath she removes her ring and hands it to Zion. She slowly closes her eyes and Zion lets her head rest on the ground.
“What are we going to do now, there are no other members of the royal family alive, she was the last.” Zion looks down at the ring that signifies the royal family. Airo walks towards the doors but Tayo stops him.
“Where are you going Airo?”
“I'm going to find Seth, then I'm going to the Tristain Magic Academy, I need to tell the old man and Louise.”
“Why Louise?”
“Her family was very close with the royal family. I think we need to discuss this with them.”