Zero No Tsukaima Fan Fiction ❯ Zero no Tsukaima The Holy Knights ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hear and Here
 
After a couple of hours of letting Rain rest, cry, and everything else Seth decides that he should know what happened after he was shot and blacked out.
“Rain, after I was shot, all I remember is Kai leaping over me and running down a hall what happened?”
Rain doesn't move her head from Seth's leg but she turns her head so Seth can hear her talk, “After you got shot Kai chased after Kleer and a few minutes later he came back with half of her gun barrel. I didn't ask him because he picked you up and we ran out of the building. After we got your pack we looked inside and there was the next compass, just like she said.” Rain looks up at Seth and smiles, “By the time we got here you had stopped bleeding, but your skin was so cold and you where barely breathing. After we got to this hospital and we got you into a room some of the color in your skin was already returning but the doctor said that you were still in critical condition. Yesterday your wounds began healing at am unbelievable speed. I sat here and literally watch one of your cuts close.”
Seth sits up and winces garnering an angry look from Rain, “What, I feel fine?”
Rain lifts her head and looks like she is about to smack him, but she stands up and hugs him to her holding his head to her, “Please be careful.” Rain runs a hand through his hair and rest her chin on the top of his head, “You can't get hurt, never again, okay?”
Seth grabs her by the shoulders and moves his head back and looks at Rain who's face is red from embarrassment and her eyes are red from crying, “Rain, did you hear what I said before I passed out?”
She looks down at her feet and bites her lower lip, “What you, said.......” Seth watches her as she fumbles around her mind for something to say.
He quickly finds the situation painfully awkward and gently lifts her chin so she is looking at him, “I love you....” Seth smiles and then she smiles and everything seems to be alright. He closes his eyes and leans in towards her until he places a kiss on her, cheek.
Rain doesn't know if she is angry with him for kissing her or if there is something else. Every feeling she has begins to run through her body until she finds one that suits her current situation. When Seth moves away Rain shakes her head and taps her lips with her pointer finger, “Here.....”
Seth leans in again and the two share their first real kiss together. Rain wraps her arms around Seth's neck as she leans into the increasingly passionate kiss. Seth pulls back and rests his forehead on her's and looks at her and he says it again, “I love you.”
A knock at the door startles them both and Rain quickly hops away from Seth and back to her chair. The doctor walks in and notices that not only is Seth awake, but both of them have beat red faces. He doesn't understand what just happened nor did he see it so he walks over to Seth and starts checking his wounds, “You know son you are a very lucky boy.”
“Yes I know.” To seth he is just answering the comment of the doctor, to Rain it has a dual meaning and her face turns red again.
The doctor moves the wrap over his shoulder and checks his wound. His face changes from a normal calm face to a completely puzzled and lost frown, “Do you have a pact with some sort of magical entity such as an Element Spirit?”
“Uh, no, I have no idea what you are even asking.”
“Do you have a contract with an Element Spirit that would allow you to heal abnormally fast. Your wound has almost completely healed and you've only been resting for about a day.”
Seth looks down at his shoulder, the only sign of damage is a bullet size lighter spot on his should that will more than likely remain as a scar in his skin, “Sir, I have no contractual agreement with a spirit of any kind.”
The doctor taps his biscep runes, “And what are these than?”
“I am a familiar, mister.” Seth finds the doctor irritating, “Is there something wrong with me or am I going to be alright?”
The doctor unravels the wrap around his sternum and looks at his nearly fatal wound, “Yes, yes you will be fine but you must be careful your wound here isn't healing as fast as the one in your shoulder, if you move around to much or something else disturbs that spot you could find yourself in a lot of trouble. At the very least it will start to bleed again and at that location of the body the bleeding will be tough to stop and you could die.”
“So don't get hit in the chest, and don't do anything super strenuous, anything else?”
The doctor walks over to his desk, “Just the bill.”
Seth looks over at Rain and she is already walking towards the doctor, “How can there be a bill, you didn't actually do anything, you put wrap around wounds that already had stopped bleeding.”
“Miss, even if I didn't do anything this isn't an inn and you used this room and that bed, I'm sorry but I have to charge you something.”
Rain reaches into her pocket and pulls out a gold coin, “There, I'm sure that is more than enough.”
The doctor leaves the room and Seth looks at Rain with a raised eyebrow, “Where did you get such a valuable coin?”
Rain sits back down and smiles to herself, “I asked the Princess for some, funding for our trip.” Rain looks at the pouch that was in her pocket, “Even this purse is worth quite a large amount of money.” Rain looks up from the purse, since I payed a gold coin for this room we might as well rest for the rest of the day, you should go to sleep.”
“I'm not tired.”
Rain gets up and walks over to his bed, “Move down...” Seth slides down a bit on the bed and Rain scoots in behind him, “Now lean back.” Seth does as he is told and as he leans back he finds that he is laying on Rain. He starts to sit back up but she grabs his shoulder and slowly pulls him back against her. Once he is settled she hugs him to her. Seth feels extremely relaxed as Rain holds him and he slowly falls asleep. “Don't worry I'll protect you.”