Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Romance ❯ Introductions ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hidden Romance
 
By Art Yume
 
Summary: Sakura and Tomoyo are best friends, Tomoyo loves matchmaking. Simple, right? Well throw in Eriol, Syaoran, Meilin, and a few more poeple and what do you get? A whole lotta trouble! Now Tomoyo wants Eriol and Sakura together, and she and Meilin are having a competition in choosing who Sakura should be with, and... SS onesided ES mild ET
 
Chapter 1- Introductions
 
Ah, what a great morning it is, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, Sakura's up early and skating to school- what?! SAKURA'S UP EARLY?! AND SKATING TO SCHOOL?!
 
Yes, 17-year-old Kinomoto Sakura is currently skating to school, early, cursing her brother for not being awake yet to drive her and the teachers for making her wake up so early. Either that, or get a detention, and she couldn't get a detention today, she had cheerleading.
 
The auburn haired girl arrived in front of Tomoeda High and went to her locker, taking out the necessary books; she slammed it closed and went outside. She walked to a few sakura trees near the school building and climbed up one, sitting on one of the branches.
 
Her emerald eyes gazing at the petals, looking so innocent, so curious. She didn't even notice the amber-eyed boy sitting on a branch above her. She sat on the branch, head against the trunk of the tree, closing her eyes.
 
She smiled to herself and started humming a soft tune.
 
The sound of the bell broke the silence in the air, and startled Sakura, making her fall down. She just happened to grab Syaoran, who was about to jump down, and pulled him down with her. “Oof!” “Oww!”
 
Well, it ended up with a blushing Sakura on top a very, very, very red Syaoran. “Oh! I'm so sorry Li-kun! I didn't mean to, I mean, I didn't know you were there, by the way, how long were you there?”
 
Syaoran looked at her, and then sighed. “It's no problem, and I was up there before you, you really don't know how early girls get up to stalk me.” Sakura chuckled, “No, I really don't, I'm usually late for class.” He gave her a smile that would make pretty much ANY girl faint- though Sakura didn't- got up, and walked away.
 
Sakura, who was still red, ran hurriedly to class, where she met Tomoyo. Tomoyo was wondering why her friend was so red, when she saw Sakura looking at Eriol. `OH HO HO! So Saku-chan here likes Eriol! I knew he liked her, and now she like him! It's time for matchmaker Tomoyo! OH HO HO!'
 
~~~ --- ~~~ --- ~~~
Me: If I could only knock some sense into Tomoyo now before-
 
Sakura: SHUT UP! You'll ruin the story; I want to know what happens!
 
~~~ --- ~~~ --- ~~~
 
During Period 1, four people weren't paying attention to the teacher at all.
 
Tomoyo was planning what she called “The Getting Together of Sakura and Eriol!” She was constantly shouting “KAWAII!” in her head.
 
Sakura, on the other hand, was thinking about that incident before school started. `I gotta admit, Li Syaoran IS cute, but he's known to be a loner, and cold too. Wonder why he wasn't so cold when I fell on him.' She was thinking, and at the same time staring at the tree
 
Eriol was busy staring at Sakura, admiring her beauty, (and thinking about stuff we don't want to know.)
 
And Syaoran, well, he was busy staring at the back of Sakura's head. (His seat is right behind Sakura's.) He was -also- thinking about what happened ealier.
 
Flashback Syaoran's POV
 
The bell sounded, well, I managed to avoid those girls, all but one. But this one is that girl that sits in front of me during first period. She was startled, and grabbed me as she fell!
 
I got thrown down one the ground, that really hurts, and I didn't have enough time to land. Oof! She just landed on me, man that girl is heavy.
 
She jumped off me and started brushing herself off, I get up too, thankfully, I don't think I broke anything. “Oh! I'm so sorry Li-kun! I didn't mean to, I mean, I didn't know you were there, by the way, how long were you there?”
 
Before I could think, I just replied. “It's no problem, and I was up there before you, you really don't know how early girls get up to stalk me.” She chuckled; did I just say something funny? Oh no, I think I did. “No, I really don't, I'm usually late for class.” I didn't really know what to say, so I gave her one of my smiles, good thing she didn't faint.
 
End Flashback Third Person POV
 
`Why was I so nice?' He was thinking about that for the rest of the period.
 
After School Cheerleading
 
“Okay, now let's practice some handsprings!” Sakura, who was the cheerleading captain, called to the rest of the girls. “Okay! Here's the order! Rei, Chika, Mimi, Cocoa, Kei, Jeri, Rika, Hikari, Tomoyo, Anzu, Asuma, Jen!”
 
All the girls did their handsprings in that order, after Sakura did the model handspring. “That was good! Hikari, just make sure your hand is flat when it touches the ground and Rei, don't be too nervous when you do it.”
 
On the other side of the gym, the boys were doing martial arts. (You know how gyms can have two small basketball courts? Well cheerleading uses one court and martial arts uses the other one.) A coughgiganticcough group of girls were on the bleachers cheering for either Syaoran or Eriol, but mostly Syaoran.
 
“Okay girls, take five and meet back here, I'll explain the routine we're going to do.” Sakura walked over to her stuff and took out a bottle of water, emptying half the bottle in one gulp.
 
“Saku-chan! Come over here will you?” Tomoyo called to her. Sakura ran over, curious at whatever Tomoyo wanted. “Yeah?” “You want to watch them?” Tomoyo pointed to the boys. (Boys meaning Syaoran and Eriol fighting.) Sakura saw them (or really Syaoran) and remembered what happened that morning, immediately turning red.
 
Of course, Tomoyo noticed this, but she thought Sakura was blushing because of Eriol. `Yay! This is working!' Sakura was still staring at Syaoran, watching him spar with Eriol. She tore her eyes off him and turned around.
 
“Okay! Break's over! Everyone get into a line!” She ordered the girls. They obeyed, and soon, were practicing the routine Sakura planned.
 
“Okay! That's enough for today!” She clapped her hands and dismissed everyone before going to the locker rooms and changing. “Hey Saku-chan! Are you ready to go?” Sakura nodded and picked up her stuff, then walked out with Tomoyo.
 
A/N:
 
1. I do not own Card Captor Sakura, and do not plan to make any money from this.
 
2. I've always read matchmaker stories where Tomoyo gets Sakura and Syaoran together, well I asked myself. What would happen if Tomoyo was WRONG???!!!! Yeah, scary huh?
 
3. Please R&R!