Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Romance ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2
 
By Art Yume
 
The next Saturday was the day of the annual Fire Festival (I made this up ^^). Tomoyo had dragged Sakura into performing for the show. “Saku-chan, you're on in five!” Sakura sighed, stood up and walked over to her group. In a commanding voice, she told the girls, “Okay girls! It's time to give Kyoto the best show they've every seen!”
 
Cheering could be heard throughout the whole backstage and the audience in front heard faint cries of joy. The audience applauded the girls as the curtain was pulled away. “And I now present, the Tokyo High Cheerleading Team! With our captain, Kinomoto Sakura!” In the front row, Touya and Fujitaka smiled. They knew Nadeshiko would've been proud.
 
Far off, on a hill past the stage, Syaoran frowned. No, this wasn't because of Sakura's performance; it was because of the ruby-eyed girl coughmonstercough sitting next to him. “Ohh! Syao-kun! You just HAVE to introduce me to that Kinomoto girl! Please, please, please!” In a hopeful attempt to stop, Syaoran agreed that if Meiling would be quiet and watch, he would introduce her to Sakura.
 
After the show, Meiling pulled Syaoran through the crowd, towards the stage to meet Sakura. “And I can't wait to join your class on Monday! Auntie Yelan made sure to put me in all of your classes!” They got to the front and saw Sakura talking to Tomoyo; both of them had already changed out of their cheerleading uniforms.
 
They walked over and Syaoran cleared his throat. “Oh Li-kun! Ohayo.” “Ohayo Kinomoto, I wanted to introduce my cousin, Li Meiling to you.” Meiling smiled and held out her hand, in her best Japanese, she said. “Ohayo Kinomoto-san.” Sakura happily shook the hand. “And this is my best friend Daidouji Tomoyo.” Once again, the girls shook hands.
 
Syaoran put his hands in his pockets. “I'll leave you girls to talk.” Sakura glanced at him. “Oh and Li-kun, call me Sakura, Kinomoto's too long.” Syaoran smiled. “Hai, see you around Sakura-chan.” Sakura turned back to the two girls. Meanwhile, Tomoyo was half-glaring at Syaoran. `I can't let him ruin the Sakura and Eriol plan!' She thought.
 
Meiling, however, had different plans. Plans to bring Sakura and Syaoran together. `It's about time cousin gets a girlfriend. He's so distant with other people. Well, everyone except family. I noticed he's been pretty nice to Sakura, by his standards.'
 
Meanwhile, backstage, Eriol was glaring at Syaoran for going up to Sakura. Sakura even let him call her by his first name. He didn't see the ball in front of him and tripped on it. “Ahh!” This clichéd event made Eriol sprain his ankle. “He can't perform with Li!” One of the teachers exclaimed. “We'll have to get a replacement.”
 
Luckily, the sensei at the local martial arts institute was there and could find a replacement. “We trust you Touya, to find a good student of yours for a replacement.” (Yup, Touya is the sensei. ^^) Touya went out and spotted Sakura. “Oi! Kaijuu, come over here for a sec!” Sakura ran over.
 
“Sakura no kaijuu! What do you want onii-chan?” Sakura asked him. “I need you to spar with a kid since the other one sprained his ankle. I have your robe (thingy, sorry, I don't do karate, my 6-year-old brother does though) right here.” “`Kay `nii-chan!”

Sakura ran over to change and came out in a fight robe (similar to the robe Meiling wore in CCS, but it has a cherry blossom in the middle and has pink and peach colors on the sleeves). She happily ran backstage, hoping to see whom she would fight. Instead, she saw Eriol sitting up on a chair while a nurse was tending to the ankle. “Ohayo (remember, it's still morning) Hiriigazawa-kun! How's your ankle?”
 
Eriol smiled. “It's feeling much better Kinomoto-chan.” “Do you happen to know who I'm sparring with, it should be your partner.” Eriol's face dropped. “Li.” He mumbled, hoping Sakura didn't catch it, but she did. “Where is he?” Once again, Eriol mumbled. “I don't know.”
 
As if on cue, (I have always wanted to say that) Li walked in, looking very pissed off. “Hiriigazawa, how could you sprain your ankle? Who's my partner now anyways?” “I just sprained it okay, and-” but he was cut off by Sakura. “And I'm your partner.” Syaoran turned to see Sakura sitting there, in her fight robes. Ignorant to the reason why, he started to sweat.
 
“But just because I'm a girl, don't go easy on me!” Sakura stood up. Li was wearing his traditional fight robes (the green and white original ones, not the ones in the second movie) just without a cap. “Sure, Sakura. I won't go easy on you.” Syaoran replied, as they were called for.
 
“Ready, begin!” And so they started, Tomoyo was glaring at Syaoran and Meiling had starry eyes.
 
“They're SO cute! Kawaii! Whatever you say!”
 
“No they aren't! Sakura and Eriol are MUCH more kawaii!”
 
“Syaoran and Sakura!”
 
“Sakura and Eriol!”
 
“I propose a contest, either get Sakura together with Syaoran or Hiriigazawa!”
 
“I accept, Li, YOU ARE ON!”
 
A/N:
 
1. I don't plan to own CCS anytime soon, so stop bugging me!
 
2. This story's going to be quite short, just to tell you that.
 
3. Go SS! Please RR!