Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Star ❯ Emerald Pool Part One ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Star ~ Chapter 3 ~ Emerald Pool Part 1

Sakura lay in bed, deep into the darkness of the gloomy night, fingering the small pendant that held her newfound power. She sighed softly and wistfully wondered what all of this meant. What great evil, exactly, is supposedly about to rise? It was all unknown to her, and probably to everyone she knew. She sighed again, pondering the same thing she's been wondering about for the past seven hours-- what now?

She now has more power, for sure. She could feel the tingling sensation in the crystal. Strangely, it was her. It did not feel like the foreign Clow Cards-- they were not her type of magic. This felt so much like her own powers. So similar. She shook her head. She will probably figure out what evil this is sooner or later, but there's a good chance she'll never figure out the secrets of this unearthly magic.

It felt strange. This magic made her feel strangely connected to "the other world." The tingling feeling reminded her, somehow, of the pearly white sand that was literally spilling magic. It was like she can still feel the magic under her feet.

Sakura sighed and went to sleep. The matter can wait-- there was school tomorrow and she needed sleep.

As she fell soundly asleep, and as her rhythmic breathing began, clouds moved and blocked the beautiful starlight. Her crystal pendant was the only light seen in the room as it softly glowed, granting Sakura sweet peaceful dreams-- something she hasn't enjoyed for a long time.

~~~~~

Syaoran took a break from his late-night sword practice session. He had gotten up from his late-night toss-and-turning, annoyed at the fact that, even with his knowledge and brilliance (::laugh:: he's sooo self-loving ^^), he found no answer to all this. With that thought, he had settled into a nice sword practice session to calm himself down.

He had begun with a quick warm-up, then gradually practiced more complex moves and tricks. He took out the most prized heirloom of the Li family (next to his sword) -- the sword book. He stared at the last section of it. He had mastered the previous three sections of it, but could not understand this.

It was in Chinese, but worded so strangely he couldn't understand it. The elders had warned that the book was in ancient Chinese, but he thought he had mastered ancient Chinese--after all, he understood the first three sections.

He stared at the first few lines: "With motion, combine stillness. With the fast, combine slowness. With magic, combine humanity. With solid simple movements, combine complex..." he scanned the rest of the old, faded page. There was more. It didn't make sense.

He sighed and shut off the light, ready to turn in. The though of "mix west with east" still in his mind.

~~~~~

Eriol, Nakuru, Kaho, and Spinel Sun talked deep into the night.

"Soooo," Nakuru was always cheerful, even if the situation was dead serious, "Sakura-chan managed to get the crescent magic. Noooow what?!"

Eriol was silent.

"What I don't understand," Spinel said, "is the fact that the Li kid got new crescent magic as well."

"Perhaps," Kaho mused thoughtfully, "the source of the magic sensed that they'll be needing magic like such. A lot of it."

"I don't know," Eriol said slowly, "Perhaps."

"What of the sword magic?" Spinel asked.

"I just hope they realize it," Eriol sighed, "and soon..." he paused, then stood, "Let's go to sleep now."

~~~~~

Sakura skated slightly ahead of Tomoyo, laughing. It wasn't a real laugh, but (as Sherry always says) it was close enough.

Of course her laugh ceased once she remembered that she forgot to study for her geometry test.

"Hoeee!"

~~~~~

Syaoran, sensing a power lurking, followed Sakura and Daidouji-san at a distance. Something was happening, and he hated the fact that he didn't know exactly what, how, or, why.

He walked right past Tomoeda Elementary AND his own junior high school, too busy thinking to notice he was supposed to go to school.

~~~~~

Syaoran rushed into the hall and fumbled with his locker combination. When it didn't open (he was in too much of a hurry to make himself turn the lock accurately), he made himself calm down.

When he had regained his combination (he didn't remember it correctly... ::laugh::) and composure, he quietly sneaked into his classroom (1st period was foreign language, English, in room 311). It didn't work.

"Tsk tsk tsk," the teacher was mercilessly loud, "Li Syaoran! This is the third time this semester! One more tardy and it's a letter home. Sit down. We're on exercises 1-80 in your grammar book."

Syaoran sweat dropped. There was absolutely no point in hoping his parents would, um, get the letter. No one but he lived there.

"Syaoran!" the sensei bared, "Don't stand there like an idiot! Go do those exercises!" Eriol smiled.

Sakura walked alongside Tomoyo and Syaoran blissfully.

"Say," Tomoyo began wickedly, "We haven't had a tea parry for a loonng time, haven't we?"

Syaoran froze at the though of a tea party. The last time they had a tea party...

He shivered.

"Oh dear," Sakura mused, "we haven't..."

"Yes..." Tomoyo smiled. Syaoran was oh-so-suddenly reminded of Eriol's evil mater-mind smile. "We should have one~! Tomorrow's Sunday! Why don't you two, Kero-chan, Eriol-kun, Nakuru-san, and Spinel Sun come to my house then at noon?" She giggled excitedly with extra-starry eyes, "We'll have such a jolly time! Of course I won't forget to change the batteries of my video camera! Oh ho ho ho ho ho h o ho ho ho...!"

Sakura's eyes lit up, "To think! A tea party! I'll bring some of that cake Otou-san is going to make today!"

"If the stuffed animal doesn't eat it all," Syaoran muttered.

"Oh ho ho ho ho..." Tomoyo giggled, "he has a point..."

"Why does Hiragizawa have to com?" Syaoran grumbled.

"Because," more wicked laughter, "we can talk about this unknown magic," Tomoyo's eyes lit up, "you'll come, right?"

"I guess..." Syaoran resented.

"I just hope," Sakura sighed worriedly," that I did okay on that geometry test..."

"I'm home~!" Sakura shouted. No one answered. She heard a distant sound that sounded suspiciously like a video game. "I guess Kero-chan's too absorbed in his new game to hear me... Stupid Final Fantasy X."

She tossed her backpack aside and marched into the kitchen.

She sighed. She'll have to make the cake herself.

Syaoran hung his backpack on a hook on the wall, *A tea party eh? What a nice excuse for Eriol to torture me some more.*

Stepping into the kitchen, he began gathering things to brew some of that niice oolong tea Fuutie sent him. He'll take that Japanese tea.

But at home, he'll have the traditional Chinese tea in that beautiful Chinese tea set.

He began to pour boiling water over the pot.

Eriol sipped his English tea (with Nakuru's special blend of white sugar and honey) and frowned. The Japanese (with on offense) couldn't make traditional English tea well.

"Tea party..." Nakuru muttered, "I know~!! I'll make cookies~!"

Suppi shook its head, "Will anything happen today?"

"I have a feeling," Eriol muttered after a long pause, "that the legendary evil is trying to capture a power..." he sighed, then added, "I wonder which source of power it is trying to get..."

"I suppose we'll find out soon," Kaho added sugar to her tea.

"NANI?" Kero-chan's eyes turned slightly larger than their usual size. He had followed the smell of baking cake in to the kitchen, "A tea party?!" tiny sparkly eyes, "You'll let me come, riiiight?"

"Of course, Kero-chan!"

Tomoyo dialed Eriol's number.

Briiiiing....

She waited.

Briiiiiiiiing!

She waited.

Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

The phone clicked, and Nakuru's energetic squeal filled Tomoyo's ears, "Mooshi moshiii! Hiiraagizaawaaa residence hoow may IIII help yooouu?"

"Moshi moshi!" Tomoyo matched (in a somewhat creepy way) Nakuru's energy somehow, "may I talk to Hiragizawa-kun?"

"Tooomooyooo-chan! How are you? It's so goood to hear from you! Of COURSE you may talk to him. OOOHHHH ERIOL!"

Tomoyo held the phone away from her poor sensitive ear for a second.

Shuffle shuffle "It's Tomoyo-chan on the phone for you!" more shuffle.

"Ahem! Hello--Daidouji-san," cam Eriol's deep voice (Amy: His voice kinda scares me), "Is there something I can help you with?"

"Uh.. Yes," Tomoyo said (Sherry: Caaaan't read wooord... adverb...), "I'm holding a tea party tomorrow at noon for everyone who knows about the magic events..."

"Ah, yes," Eriol said politely, "I have hear from Na--"

"OH ERIOL!" someone yelled, "Mail~~~~!"

"Excuse me a second Tomoyo-san," he said in his English accent.

"..." Tomoyo said articulately, "...sure," somewhat uncertainly.

After a wait that seemed like hours (it was 20 seconds), Eriol came back. Tomoyo informed him of the party, and Eriol muttered something about never wanting to miss out on an opportunity to torture ("I mean HANG OUT!") with his beloved/cute relative.

Author's Notes:

Haallo! I hope ya'll appreciate this chapter cos it took me a summer ta write it -_-. Sorry I've been busy 'specially now that school started. Aaanyhoo. Email me at fujiirohitomi@magicgirl.com if ya feel like it. You can AIM me at vansmanomiko is ya want to. Just mention you got that from my site or I'll think you're another stalker and war/block you.

~Amichan

8:26AM 9-4-01

Sherry's Babbling:

Oooy... It took me a while to type out that fanfic, ne? ^-^''' Well, I've been busy (like everyone else). Hope you enjoyed the chapter. I'm sorry if there's any typos! (I've a problem with them...)

~Sherry

7:58PM - October 2nd, 2001