Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Forget Me Not ❯ When It Snows ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own anything.
A/N: It's been a long time since I've written one of these, heh. Anyway, I decided to make my return to the fanfiction world the same way I entered it…with a Sorato fic. So without further ado, enjoy the fruits of my labor!
Chapter One - When It Snows
“Hey, if you haven't noticed, your fan club is following us.” Tai said as he glanced back at the group of feminine giggles that were slowly creeping closer and closer.
“I know. Just try to ignore them. They eventually go away.” Matt threw his arms up and crossed them behind his head.
“Yeah, that's what you said last time and we almost got mauled to death!” Tai cast an evil glare at his blonde friend.
“And what do you suppose we do?” Matt raised a golden eyebrow.
“Make a run for it baka. We didn't do track for nothing.”
“Track! That was in high school moron!”
“So what!” Tai had already taken off at a sprint and was angrily followed by Matt who quickly caught up. The group of rabid fan girls, coming out of their stupor, made a mad dash after them.
Five minutes later…
“What ever happened to sending love letters!” Tai panted as he tried to regain his normal breathing pattern.
“I guess I just have a chasing effect on girls.” Matt grinned.
“Psycho girls.” Tai corrected as they resumed their walking. He looked around and concluded that they had lost them.
Matt didn't argue. It wasn't like he basked in all the attention. Hell, sometimes all he wanted to do was get a bebe gun and start picking them off one by one. He pulled his jacket tighter around him when a cold breeze swept by. Any moment now it was going to start snowing.
His head shot up all of a sudden. An old familiar scent caught his attention, one that stirred old memories to life.
Freesia on a crisp autumn day…
He gazed around then spotted a flower shop. He shook his head. That would explain it.
“Hey Matt…Matt, helloooo?”
He looked at Tai. “What?”
“You weren't listening to me at all were you?” He narrowed his eyes but continued anyway. “I was saying that we need to stop by the store and grab some food and drinks. We do have a party to host you know.”
“Oh yeah. Right.”
Tai looked curiously at him. “You alright?”
“Fine, just a little tired.” Matt replied as he took another quick glance around. While they crossed the street, he felt something cold and tiny land on his nose, followed by a few more.
It was snowing.
“Yes mom, the move-in was fine. Yep, I'm eating my vegetables and…uh huh. What! Of course I am! Mom!” Sora rolled her eyes as she talked to her mother over the phone.
“How's ojii-san?” She asked, changing the subject. “That's good well I've got to go but I'll talk to you later okay mom.” She waited for her mother to say her last words. “Yep, bye mom.” Sora closed her cell phone and tucked it away. It was always a conscious effort to try to get her mother off the phone.
“May I have that bouquet right there, the one with the irises?” Sora asked the girl at the counter.
“Of course!” The chirpy young girl gladly obliged and went to fetch it from behind her. The woman was very beautiful the girl had thought to herself when she walked into the shop, most especially her eyes. They were a deep cinnamon color that held a natural sparkle and glow to them. She must be one with the guys the girl dreamily thought as she carried the fresh flowers back to the counter. She was such a hopeless romantic.
A fresh bouquet of flowers would do well for the little wooden table sitting in the kitchen. Sora just moved in with her aunt three days ago who only lived five minutes away from Tokyo University where she had just transferred. This would be the second semester of her third year. Twenty one years old and this Sora was going strong. Her mother and ojii-san were still back in Nara, unwilling to make the move into the city. They loved it too much out in the countryside.
“Miss?”
Sora quickly looked at the girl and gave a small smile. “Sorry.”
“That's okay. Your total comes to 1300 yen.”
She gave her the money and was soon out the door, heading back to her new place. She looked up at the sky and realized that it had started snowing. Sora let some flutter onto her hand, watching them melt instantly. A sad smile crossed her lips at how short a snowflake's life was. Heaving a sigh, she continued on her way.
A/N: I know it's short but I just wanted to let you guys get a feel for the story and also just set it up and stuff like that. Feel free to review, leave a comment, and tell me if you like it or if you don't (but please do not waste my time with flames).
-Amadare (also known ashasu on fanfiction.net. Unfortunately I wasn't able to retain this name on mm.org, a bummer but oh well)