Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Forget Me Not ❯ Sake and Kisses ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Don't own a thing.
Chapter Two - Sake and Kisses
“Auntie Cho, I'm home!” Sora yelled when she walked through the door.
“Come, come Sora, you have to see my latest masterpiece!” She yelled from her paint room.
Sora quickly set down the bouquet and her purse then headed over to the room her aunt was in.
“What do you think?” Auntie Cho threw her arms out, a mad grin plastered on her face.
Sora raised both eyebrows, a little puzzled at what she was seeing. “Um, Auntie Cho, are you feeling alright?”
“Of course! Well, maybe I had one two many small cups of sake but I'm fine.”
“Un huh, then why am I staring at a blank canvas?”
“Inspiration Sora! I need inspiration!” Her arms flew every which way, her mood doing a sudden 180.
“What you need is rest. Kami, you've been going at it for two days strait. You need a thing we like to call sleep.” Sora took her aunt's arm, linked it with hers' and dragged her out of the paint room.
She looked at her niece and smiled a tired smile. “I'm glad you're here Sora.” She then let out a huge yawn. “Maybe just another cup of sa—”
“Oh no you don't. No more sake for you.” Sora gently pushed her into her room and shut the door. “Now get some sleep!” She soon heard loud snores coming from inside.
Auntie Cho was her mother's younger sister by three years. She was an artist, mostly painting what came out of her crazy head. She was a very interesting woman and very energetic. But that was mostly due to being over tired. It wasn't long before Sora caught on that her aunt had to have two things every day. One was her sake and the other was her rice balls. Without those two things, she was off the entire day.
Sora walked back into the living room and found a vase for the flowers. She filled it about half way with water and placed them in it. She placed it in the center of the little wooden table with much satisfaction. “That's much better.”
She made her way over to the window and stared out. She put her palm lightly on the glass and felt the coolness of it. It was still snowing and snow always reminded Sora of her childhood and brought to life too many memories she had intended to keep locked away. The past always had a way of bugging her.
 
“Sora…”
Yeah…”
I have to go.”
I know. It's getting late.” They both stood up.
Yeah, it's late…”
I'll see you tomorrow then.” She said, giving him a smile.
Bye Sora.”
She gave him a small inquisitive look. He was acting a little weird. “You make it sound like we're never gonna see each other again.”
I'm just a little tired.”
Sora raised a brow, still a little unconvinced. “Really? Then go get some sleep stupid.”
He suddenly took a step towards her, then another.
Heh heh, I was only joking about the whole stupid thing you know, Matt?” Okay, now she was getting a little scared. This wasn't the same guy she knew and grew up with.
Her cinnamon eyes widened in surprise as he leaned in and kissed her. His lips were soft against her own when he gently moved them over hers. Her face went hot and she had no doubt that it resembled a bright red tomato. He pulled away, an almost sad smile spreading across those lips that had just kissed her.
Good bye Sora Takenouchi.” He turned around and walked away, leaving her shock still, standing alone on that hill they always played on since they were little. Her hand came up and rested on her mouth. It started to snow then, little sparkling ice crystals that floated from the skies.
Bye Matt…”
That moron! He didn't even have the nerve to tell her that he was leaving and that she wasn't going to see him ever again. That idiot had stolen her first kiss too! Oh he knew what he was doing, which only served to piss her off more. Sora leaned her exhausted head on the cool glass. “If I ever see you again, you are so going to get it Matt Ishida…”
“Hey Tai, great party!” Someone shouted. The music was on full blast so he didn't hear a word of it.
Matt walked over to his friend who was entertaining a group of lovely young ladies. “I thought you said there was only going to be about twenty people here.”
“I guess I thought wrong.” He raised a dark eyebrow. “What's up with you Matt? You're usually the life of the party. What crawled up your ass and died?”
“Nothing's up with me so quit asking.” Matt walked away from a puzzled Tai and took a seat on their leather couch. Why was he so edgy right now? Tai was right. He usually was the life of the parties. Kami, what was coming over him? He closed his eyes, feeling a migraine fast approaching. He knew exactly what was bothering him though. The scent he detected earlier brought back old memories and currently they didn't want to leave him alone. He rubbed his temples, willing his headache away. Matt suddenly felt two arms snake around his neck and he heard an all too familiar and poisonous voice whisper into his ear.
“Would you like me to cheer you up?”
“You know Akisu, I do remember telling you it was over. I don't know why you keep trying.” Matt unlinked her arms and stood.
“That hurts Ishida.” She crossed her arms, a scowl on her face.
“Why are you here anyway?” Matt asked, though not even interested in her answer in the slightest.
“Can't a girl have her fun? My girls wanted to come. Why, were we not invited?”
“By all means, have your fun.” Matt brushed past her only to be stopped when she grabbed his wrist.
“I still want you Matt and I won't stop until I get you back.”
He turned around, politely pulling his wrist from her scalding hold. “You blew all your chances when you decided to jump into bed with Kito. Come on Akisa, do you really think I'd take you back after that?” He gave her a hard and scornful look then walked away.
She starred at his retreating figure. Sure, she cheated but she wasn't some girl to be idly tossed aside. Akisa Furiko was never tossed aside like some dirty rag doll. A sneer crossed her face. She'd get Matt back and she'd again be the envy of every girl on campus. She tossed her raven locks to the side and saw a couple of guys hanging out by the window. She needed a pick-me-up.
Akisa had a lot nerve telling him that. It was ludicrous! That woman expected him to take her back after she cheated on him? Granted he did love her at one time and it broke his heart to find her with the soccer player Kito Sagi but he wasn't a moron. He downed a cup of sake. He needed to get out of here.
“Hey Tai,” Said person turned around. “I'm gonna go grab some more ice.”
“Okay oh and grab some more munchies!”
Matt headed out the door and towards the convenience store a few blocks away. They actually had plenty of ice left. It was just an excuse to get out of that stuffy atmosphere. Though Tai was too busy swooning the ladies to realize that.
The night air was crisp and cool. It had stopped snowing a while ago and only a light sheen was left. He reached the store and walked through the automatic doors. Going to the cooler he grabbed a bag of ice then some chips. Upon passing the candy isle, the scent of freesia assaulted his nose. A random memory popped into his head. She loved gummie bears. He suddenly found himself looking around but caught sight of nothing…no one. He went to the counter and spotted a vase full of fresh freesias. He shook his head. Get a grip. It's been too long anyway. He paid then got out of there and back into the cool night air. It seemed that everywhere he went, he was reminded of her. Takenouchi, Sora…a rueful smile touched his lips…even after all these years I still can't forget you…
Sora popped a few gummie bears she got at a local convenience store into her mouth. Mmmm…gummie bears. She popped a few more in. Auntie Cho was still sleeping. Good, that sake-drinking woman needed her rest.
Sora was about to gracelessly plop down on the sofa when her cell phone began to ring. She ran over to the wooden table and flipped it open. “Moshi, moshi.”
“Hey Sora!”
“Eh? Mimi? Is that you?”
“Duh! Who else possesses this wonderful voice?”
Sora laughed. “How've you been? Oi, and how did you get my top secret number?”
“Called your house then your mom gave it to me, saying that you were here and lonely and had no friends and that you might need some to help you adjust to your new environment. Oh and why didn't you tell me you were coming to Tokyo U!” Mimi practically shouted into the phone.
“How could I? I didn't even have your number!”
“Um, email my dear but no worries, I forgive you.”
“Eh, could've done that. Anyway, how're you?”
“Good but we'll discuss this when I see you so how about we meet tomorrow at the Iwa Café, one o' clock. It's right in front of the pond on campus.”
Sora didn't have anything to do tomorrow. “Sounds like a plan. I'll see you then.”
“Oh and you can meet some of my friends too!”
Sora smiled at Mimi's excitement. “I'd like that.”
“Awesome. I'll talk to you later then. Goodnight!”
“Goodnight Mimi.”
Sora closed her phone. Mimi was an old friend from her camp days. They had been bunkmates and ever since then became rather close. She had completely forgot that Mimi lived and went to school here. With all the paperwork, moving, getting situated, getting in touch with Mimi had slipped her mind. It would be great to see her again though.
Tomorrow at one it was then. She stuffed another handful of gummies into her mouth and happily chewed away.
A/N: Many many thanks to those who reviewed my oh so short intro chapter. It means a lot to me. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and that it shed more light on the plot. Thanks again!
-Amadare