Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ One Person Does Make A Difference ❯ Prelude ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 10:

Prelude

Hello again. Sorry for the late update, busy with school work. Anyways, this story is getting close towards the final fight. But first this chapter. Remember to check at the bottom of this chapter to see the third and final part of my author/story suggestions. If you have read this story, you must already know that I don't own digimon.

(Kari's POV)...

Here we were. At last we arrived to the place where the last two members of our group were being held. All of us knew that it wasn't going to be easy. I just heop that we all would make it through this. It was then that I felt a hand on my shoulder and I could already tell who it was before I even turn around. "Are you doing alright?" "I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking Davis." "That's what I am here for." We just sat by ourselves not saying anything. Just enjoying each others company.

"Your scared aren't you?" "What do you mean scared?" "I mean being scared of what's going to be in front of us and not knowing what's going to happen next. Am I htting the mark?" I couldn't help but have a small smile on my face, happy that he could know what was on my mind. "Your right. I am scared of what could happen. We don't have a clue of what could be ahead of us. I'm sorry if I am annoying with all this." "It's okay. It doesn't bother me and just to let you know, I'm scared to." "Your actually scared? But you were never scared when we went to save the others." "Oh I was indeed scared. I just chose to not let it consume me. Just remember that I will do everything I can to make sure that you will be safe." He solidify his statement by pulling me into a kiss which intesified with every passing second.

It's been over a week since the night me and Davis confess are feeling for one another and it has been the best week that I had in along time. When I woke up the next day, I saw that I had snuggled up close to him with his arms around my waist to keep me close. It didn't take long for the others to realize that something had gone down between the two of us. They were all saying that it couldn't be anymore deserving to any other two people. I was glad that they were okay with me and Davis being together but even if they disaproved I would still be with him. He was the most honest, sincere and caring person I know. Not to mention that he wasn't that bad looking. Throughout my life no one had treated me like Davis did and I never had felt for anyone like I have for him and I have to say is that I wouldn't trade it for anything.

We were still kissing one another until we were interrupted. "Hey you two. If you would be so kind as to stop making out, you better get over here." yelled TK. Reluctantly we let go of each other and while I was blushing from embarrassment, Davis was glaring at him. "You just had to interrupt us didn't you?" "What are you so mad about? It's not like it was the first time you two were all over each other." "Shutup." Suppressing a laugh I followed the both of them back to the others who were hiding behind some giant boulders. Getting to them we crouch down beside them. "So what is the situation?" "Take a look for yourself."

Looking ahad I saw that built into the side of a mountain was a base that basically looked the previous bases. The major difference was that all over the area were control spires. But for some other reason I thought that their was something else wrong with this situation. "What should we do. Do we just charge right in and get them out before they have a chance to regroup?" suggested Joe. Everyone thought it was the best solution that we could come up with. But I was thinking that it might not be the best idea and it looked as if Davis was thinking the same thing. "Wait a minute you guys. Don't you see anything wrong with this situation?" "What do you mean?" "Just take a close look and you will see what I mean. Am I right Kari?" "Your right Davis. We haven't seen a single guard of any kind either inside or outside the base. Which means that their might not be any guards at all."

"Excatly. They had to know that we were coming here. So why wouldn't they have any guards around unless it was a trap." "I am impress. Apparently with all the things that has happen to you since you two have teamed up, it has allowed you to know when something seemingly isn't right as well as know what the other is thinking." mention Kizzy. "That is when they aren't trying to kiss the other to death." joked Mimi which caused everyone to laugh. Even I coldn't help but let out a small giggle. "Very funny you guys. Now canm we get back to the business at hand?" Calming ourselves down we got serious.

"So what do you suggest we do Davis?" "Well, I suggest that me, Kari and TK will go in with our armored digimon and try to get them out of there. That's if they are still in there. You guys stay back in case we need backup. Sora, your in charge until we get back." "I understand Davis. You guys be careful."

(Davis' POV)...

We armored our digimon and climbed on them. Not wasting anymore time we headed towards thebase and as we presumed, not a single thing was trying to stop us. Getting in wasn't hard at all. All it took was a small thunder blast and we were in. Cautiously walking through the hallways we saw that like outside, their wasn't a single thing preventing us from finding the others. I didn't know if Kari or TK were feeling it but I had this sinking feeling it but I had this sinking feeling in my stomach that something wasn't right.

After walking down the hall a couple more minutes, we discovered a huge solid steel door. "It looks like we might have found what we were looking for." Like with the first door it just took a single attack to open it. Sticking my head into the room I saw a room that resembled the one that TK and the others were in. Seeing no apparent danger I stepped in with the others just two steps behind. Walking to the middle of the room we saw right in front of us were two cells with one human and one digimon in each.

In one cell was a guy that looked like a older version of TK with short blonde hair and was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans. The digimon that was with him was about Veemon's height, with a light blue fur coat with dark blue strips, a yellow horn on top of his head and some strange symbol on his stomach. In the other cell was another that had to be the same age as the other guy. He wore the same kind of of jeans as the other guy but instead of a black t-shirt, he had a dark blue one. His digiimon looked like a miniature orange t-rex.

For some unknown reason, I felt as though I had met the guy with the orange digimon. I just couldn't put my finger on when and where. But for Kari and TK. Just by the look on their faces, they knew excatly who they were. "Tai/Matt." They both yelled out while they ran past me and towards the cells. Both of the guys turned their heads towards us and once they saw Kari and TK, they got the same look on their faces as they did. As that was going on, I headed for what looked like the main computer to the cells. Thank goodness Ken explained how he was able to deactivate the last one. As I went to work I glance at the others who were now in a heavy conversation that I couldn't hear. Getting back to the task at hand I went to work on the computer as I tried to deactivate the cells as soon as possible.

(Kari's POV)...

I couldn't believe it. After all these years of wondering weather or not he was died or alive, he was right in front of me. I ran over to his cell but stayed far enough from the electric field. "Is that really you Tai?" "Of course I am. But are you actually my little sister Kari?" That question caught me off guard. Apparently I change more than I thought after all these years. "I am Tai. You don't know how happy I am to see that your alive." Turning my attention from Tai, I looked to my side to see that TK and Matt were in a conversation similar to ours. "Who is that guy behind you Kari?" asked Tai who was pointing to Davis. "That's my....friend Davis. You do remember Davis Motomiya?" Thankfully I didn't slip out that Davis was actually my boyfriend. I wasn't ashamed that he was. It was just that everytime any boy showed interest in me what so ever, he would go into his 'big brother protect little sister' mood. He thought that no boy was go enough for me.

"Not trying to be rude or anything but can you tell us where your digivices are at?" yelled Davis. "Their over there." answered Matt. He pointed to a small vault on the wall. "Get those digivices TK. I should be done with the cells in a few seconds. Doing as he was asked TK went to the vault and without any difficulties opened it and reached in and grabbed them. But instead of a trap of any sort being set off like we all suspected. Not a single thing happen. I didn't excatly know what was going on. I just knew that something wasn't right.

"Are you almost done with the cells Davis?" "I almost...I got it." With those words the electric fields deactivated. Allowing Tai, Matt and their digimon to walk out. No sooner than they got out they pulled me and TK into gigantic hugs. "We're free. We're free. I'm so glad your here Kari." "I'm glad to Tai. But can you please let me go. I can't breath." Seeing what I was talking about, he let me go. As I was regaining my breath I saw that Davis was still be the computer but was looking around the room. "What's the matter Davis?" "Don't you feel that this was too easy? I mean not one guard has tried to stop us and not a single trap has been activated since we got in here. I have a feeling that this was all set up."

As if to confirm his suspicion, one of the walls separeated to reveal a huge monitor. Soon as the wall was completely gone a face appeared and even though I haven't seen him in years, I could easily remember the face of MaloMyotismon. "Ah, it looks like you finally made it. I must say I am surprise you made it this far. Perhaps I should have killed you when I had the chance. But that can be corrected." The monitor then turned off with his evil laughter. "What did he mean by 'that can be corrected'?" I just had to open my big mouth because the monitor came back on with a time of ten minutes and was counting down. I had a pretty good idea what it meant and my suspicions were confirmed when a recorded voice spoke. "T-minus ten minutes and counting till self-detonation of base." "Lets get the hell out of here."

Not needed to be told twice we all started to run with our digimon who had dedigivolved when we got into the room right beside us. "T-minus eight minutes till self-detonation of base." mentioned the recorded voice as the entire base started to shake. None of us wanted to see what was going to happen next so we started to run faster. "T-minus seven minutes till self-detonation of base."

Faster and faster we ran through the halls. After running for I don't know how long we started to see the entrance coming into view. It looked like we were about to get out without any serious problems. I waited until everyone, including Gatomon, was out safely before I headed out I was about to go until one of the pillars fell on top of me. Due to the size of the pillar I wasn't able to lift it off as the building continued to shake. *This is it. I guess I can't lift this pillar off of me. Apparently the only thing that is getting out is my dead body.* "T-minus three minutes till self-detonation of base."

(Davis' POV)...

I knew it. I knew that this whole thing had to be a trap when I saw that their wasn't a single guard anywhere on the base. Thankfully we were able to get what we came for and got the hell out. We were now outside the base catching our breath. As we were doing that, Sora and the others were coming over to us since they could hear the self-detonation announcement. Soon as they came over they were almost jumping for joy when they saw our new guest. Especially Sora and Mimi who hugged them when they saw them.

With all the hugging and commotion I realize that someone was missing. "Where's Kari? Has anyone seen Kari?" asked Gatomon as she was searching for her. If she wasn't here. That means that she has to be still inside the base. "She still inside the base. I have to go after her." Before I was able to go, TK grabbed my arm. "But you don't know where she is in the base and their is less than five minutes before it blows up." "I don't care if I have less than five minutes or thirty seconds. I'm have to get her." Breaking away from his grip I charged back in, with the now armored Raidramon with me back, back into the base. "T-minus one minute and thirty seconds till self-detonation of base."

The base was shaking so bad that I was hardly able to stand up and avoid the falling stones. But remembering that I had to find Kari I continued on in search of her with Raidramon close by. "T-minus one minute till till self-detonation of base." Damn it, that doesn't give me much time till its too late. It looked as if fate was on my side at the moment. I spotted Kari knocked out and a part of a pillar on her. Running over to her to see if she was okay. Thankfully she was just unconscious. Remembering that their wasn't much time left I grabbed the pillar and tried to lift it but it was to heavy. Seeing the trouble I was having, Raidramon came in to help me lift the pillar and together we were able to push it aside. Cradling Kari in my arms I climbed onto Raidramon and we rode as fast as we could out of the base. "T-minue thirty seconds till self-detonation of base."

Thanks to Raidramon's speed we were able to reach the base's entrance. "Move it everyone. The base is going to blow at any second." Not even asking any questions they followed us as we ran by. With less than a minute till the base blew, it didn't leave us much time to find safety and not having many places to hide their was only one place good enough to keep us safe which were the huge boulders that we used to hide so we wouldn't be seen while checking the base. Going around the boulders we crouch down and waited till it was all over.

"T-minus ten seconds till self-detonation of base. Nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one." As soon as the count hit zero a huge explosion started which blew the entire base into pieces that flew over our heads. After a minute of repeated explosions and falling objects, everything started to calm down. Looking up from the boulders we saw that where the base once stood was now just a huge crater. Even all the control spires that were once there were now gone as well due to the aftershocks of the explosions. "Man, what an explosion. It's a good thing that me and Kari got out in time." It was then that I felt Kari starting to stir in my arms.

"Mmmm, Davis? Is that you? How did I get out of the base?" "It really doesn't matter. All that matters is that your safe?" Doing it on impulse I lean down and brought my lips to hers. Everyone couldn't hlep but smile at out little moment. Everyone that is except for the guy that had to be Kari's older brother. "What in the hell do you think you are doing to my little sister?" he asked with anger in his voice as he grabbed me by my collar and slammed me against a boulder. "Wow. Now wait a minute. Let me explain." "Explain?! Explain what? Like how you just kissed my sister in front of everyone? What gives you the right to do that to her?" "Being my boyfriend gives him that right Tai." someone said before I had a chance to say anything. Turning our heads to the person who spoke, we saw that it came from Kari who had to be the maddest I have ever seen her.

"Your boyfriend!?" repeated Tai in a state of shock. "Yes, my boyfriend. Now put him down Tai." Still incomplete shock he put me down. "How long have you two been together as a couple?" "If you must know, it has been a little over a week." "A week! Do you love him?" "Yes I do. No one hasn't made me like this like Davis has and I wouldn't trade it for anything." "I see. Do you feel the same way for her Davis?" "To be honesty with you Tai. I haven't had feelings for a woman like I do for your sister. I love her with my heart and soul and I wouldn't let anything happen to her." Tai didn't say anything, as he was allowing what me and Kari said to seep in. I didn't know weather or not he was okay with me and Kari's relationship and quite frankly, I didn't give a damn if he approved of it or not. All that matter to me was that me and Kari were happy with one another.

After a minute of uneasy silence Tai looked directly into my eyes. Instead of trying to poung my skull in, he stuck his hand out in a symbol of friendship. "It looks as if my sister has grown up faster than I realized and it looks like she has found someone that will take my place in taking care of her. You better take good care of her." Accepting his hand I stuck mine out and shook his. "You don't have to worry about that. I will do my best in keeping her safe. Even though she doesn't need me to do so. She stubborn in that way." For that last comment I received a elbow to the ribs by Kari. "I was only joking Kari." I gave her peck on the cheek which made her calm down.

"Since we got off on the wrong foot, lets properly introduce one another. My name is Davis Motomiya and this is my parter Veemon." "My name is Tai Kamiya and this is my parter Agumon." Turning away from Tai, I looked over to the other guy who I knew was TK's older brother. "And who might you be?" "The name is Matt Ishia and this is Gabumon. Thanks for getting us out of there." "It was no problem. Now, we should think of what we should do ne-"

Before I could finish, the sky started to darken and lighting was striking the ground. "What is going on?" "He's coming." "Who's coming?" Looking directly in the center of the darkness I only said one work. "MaloMyotismon."

I finally finish this chapter. I hope you liked it and as I mentioned at the beginning of this chapter, here is the final part of my author/story suggestions.

First is Cheetor640 (aka Cheets). Even though he has only been on FF.net for less than a year, he has written some great fanfics. Especially his must recognized story, 'Canadian Digidestined' and the AU (alternate universe) to it, 'Engulfed in Darkness' isn't too far behind. Check it out and you may enjoy reading them.

Next is The TurquoiseCow. Don't let the name fool you. This person has written some of the best digimon fanfics I have ever read. 'The Dark Bandit' is one of his best. The sequel 'The Reign of Courage' and the third part of the triology, 'In the Dark' are up there as well. These three stories may be sent in the time of kings and castles, but they are still worth the time to read.

There you go, those were the final two authors that I will suggest for the rest of the story. As I mention in the last two chapters, you don't have to read any of the stories that I have mention. I am just suggesting some suitable stories to check out. Remember to review this chapter and until I put up the next one, see ya.