Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ A Cop Story ❯ Thursday Night Tift ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer : Not mine, now read on!
And sorry everyone. You knew it had to be this way...

A Cop Story

Part Eleven

By RM

Thursday Night Tiff

Yamcha rolled his eyes as he felt yet another someone grab and pinch his ass. He turned his head, ready to plug the guy as he had been all night to the long stream of would be assailants. It was almost as good as being at the gym.

Turning around, standing face to face with the amorous feeler, Yamcha blanched. It was Cell.

*****

Goku pulled his brother's sleeve when he saw Cell walk into the bar from one of the doors in the back. Although they had never met him, they recognized him well enough from APB's and other descriptive bulletins put out by the force. He was wanted for several offenses, but none of his acts infuriated Goku more than the fact that the guy was a cop killer. Even Raditz had made it perfectly clear that if he got a chance to get Cell, he wasn't just going to take him in, he was going to take him down.

They sat poised and ready for action as Cell made his way down the bar towards the front door. They tried not to stare as he stopped just behind Yamcha and lingered there for a few moments before he roughly grabbed the unsuspecting undercover police officer's ass. They held their breath as they saw Yamcha shift his weight to his other foot, as he was just about to turn around and belt his new friend. His hand stopped in mid air and they saw his face vault. Cell laughed at the beautiful lady who had been hitting the men who in turn were hitting on her all night. He suddenly lifted his hand, and pounded Yamcha on his cheek, sending him crashing straight through the front window.

"That's assault on an officer." Raditz hissed as Goku stood up and growled.

Raditz was quick to react to Cell's punch at Yamcha. Cell was quicker however, and managed to jump out of the window Yamcha had just opened. As all this happened, the patrons of the establishment threw bottles and glasses at the crashed window and at Cell, catcalling, cheering and hollering.

Both Goku and Raditz were itching for a fight. And it looked like they just might get one.

*****

Outside, Vegeta and Bulma were heating up the night. She was completely and totally ready for him to take her on a wild ride in the parking lot, but she was having trouble getting his belt undone, as she was shaking with anticipation. He grinned as he kissed her, sliding his tongue in and out of her mouth, teasing hers into playing his game. He could feel her tugging at his belt, and he realized that she was having problems getting it undone. Her legs tightened around him, clinging for support as his hands moved from her hips to her hands hovering over his belt. He took her hands gently in his own and steadied them, helping her to loosen the heavy buckle. As the metal clicked on the belt, she looked up into his eyes, which were dark and burning with an intense gaze that only added to the desire she already had for him. He slowly tilted his head to the side as he moved in for another heated kiss, when a thunderous crash sounded towards the front of the bar.

Vegeta stood immediately as Bulma fell backwards on the bike, catching herself before she fell off completely. She let out a little whimper of protest as Vegeta's face worked itself into a furious visage.

On the ground, Yamcha sputtered and shook his head, glass flying from his hair and clothing, and littering the ground where he lay. Less than 5 seconds after he crashed through the window, and while he was still sitting on the ground, Cell jumped through, ready to slap the little bitch that was Yamcha around some more. As he stepped on the shattered pieces of glass, they crunched under his weight, but the sound did little to hide the snarl of anger coming from the parking lot.

Cell looked up into the face of one very ticked off Saiyan warrior. He chuckled at Vegeta, assuming that he held no threat, and bent down to pick up Yamcha. That was when Raditz came flying through the window, surrounded by a flaming blue aura of ki. Cell was surprised to see ki surrounding the biker who had followed him out of the window, and as he looked at the other two bikers sizing him up, he didn't particularly like the predatory looks on their faces.

Bulma gasped from the bike as she looked on the scene before her. Yamcha was probably cut and bleeding on the ground, and this thing, this thing that was now rounding on him must be the one they had come here to find. Cell. She saw him laugh, and curse at her other friends as he jumped up into the air, and began to float up. Her eyes widened. What was going on! This thing, it was levitating? What was this?

She heard Raditz growl and sputter as Goku and Vegeta watched him intently and appeared to nod their heads. Vegeta growled back at Raditz, who pointed to Goku, neither of them taking their eyes off of Cell during the so-called exchange. Cell laughed as he floated higher and higher. She saw Raditz leap into the air, followed by Goku. She knew a thing or two about jumping. People would jump into the air, and no matter how high they went, they would eventually come down. But Goku and Raditz, they hovered about 10 yards from Cell, watching him intently. She looked over at Vegeta, trying to catch her breath. What was going on?!?

"Woman, get Yamcha to take the cell phone and call Nappa." Vegeta growled as he powered up and a soft, blue aura surrounded his body, fists clenched.

Bulma gasped at Vegeta's display. She turned her head in Cell's direction as she heard a loud boom and saw three flashing streaks of light take off into the distance of the night sky. She looked back at Vegeta, who was smirking as he looked up into the sky as well.

"Make that call."

Bulma watched Vegeta in a mixture of fascination and horror as the aura around him exploded into a blazing white light, and for lack of a better word to her mind's eye, blasted into the night sky disappearing in the matter of seconds. She felt her whole body go numb. Her lips started moving and the hushed words passed her lips.

"Vegeta? Can fly?"

She had to be dreaming. That was it. Yeah, that was it. She had fallen asleep and was now dreaming. She had dreams about Vegeta before, this one was really no different than some of the others she had already had about him, except in this one he could fly. As she sat there on his bike, her mind raced, but it didn't get far. The groans coming from the ground pulled her thoughts to a screeching halt.

"Yamcha!" She raced over to where her partner for the night was sitting, holding his head. "Yamcha!" She cried, "Are you OK?" She gently took his chin in her hands and forced him to look up.

"Ah!" He complained. "Don't do that! I think it's broken. Again!"

"Well, you don't have to get pissy with me!" She argued back. Some nerve. She was just trying to help. "Vegeta said…" she trailed off as she remembered what had just transpired between her friends and this Cell person.

"Vegeta said what?" Yamcha asked, bringing her out of her trance.

"Vegeta said to take the phone and call Nappa." Bulma stated. "Whoever that is."

"Ah, man! And I didn't think tonight could GET any worse!" Yamcha said, picking himself up off of the ground.

Bulma looked him over as he got up. He wasn't cut or bleeding, except for his nose. She wondered about that, as he continued on with his rambling.

"And I suppose they just took off and left us here."

"They…jumped into the air." Bulma said, eyeing Yamcha. Testing the waters.

"So inconsiderate. They always pull that shit. Fucking Saiyans. They think they're so goddamn powerful and all. And Nappa's the worst when Vegeta's not around." He continued.

Bulma gazed from Yamcha to the sky, back to Yamcha with a very calculated look on her face. She was listening to Yamcha intently. He seemed to not be at all surprised that the others could fly, and he was calling them Saiyans?

"…always, `yes your Highness,' and `no your Highness,'" Yamcha mimicked as he held his head. "Prince Vegeta! Humph! Should go back to their own fucking planet. He can kiss my ass after this! And after what he did to you…" Yamcha trailed off, finally realizing that Bulma was indeed standing there, and listening to every single word he was saying.

Prince? What did he mean by that? She didn't know what Yamcha was talking about, but after what she had seen tonight, she definitely wanted to know more. Just what in the hell was a Saiyan anyway?

*****

He was flying fast, but not fast enough to outrun three enraged Saiyans. He chuckled again as he peeked over his shoulder. He could see two of them flying behind him smirking. There had been three. Where was the other one?

SMACK!

He `oomphed' as he slammed into something very solid. Shaking his head, he looked up, only to be grabbed by his throat and brought up to eye level with one very smug biker. Cell grinned at the leather-clad fool. He wasn't sure why one of the bikers would attack him, but he was positive that whoever he was, even though he had enough ki to fly, was no match for the likes of himself.

Raditz had a good hold on Cell's throat. He was ready to just crush every bone in his body. What he wasn't ready for was Cell's tail, which whipped around and smacked him alongside his head, causing him to lose his grip and throwing him backwards.

Goku looked down at the lights of the city. They were luckily hovering over the water, the city's harbor area. And being late at night, most of the harbor traffic had pulled in off of the water. If things did get ugly, Goku figured that a lot fewer people would be hurt.

Raditz shook off the hit to his face as he lunged back in towards Cell for another grapple. Vegeta floated in the air in his usual stance, arms crossed and legs apart. He was ready for action, but he didn't want to intrude into Radtiz's fight at present. He was also working on his breathing. He had been so close with the human woman! Although at the moment, he wasn't sure if the aching he was feeling was for the action he didn't get, or for the action he might be getting. Assuming that Raditz couldn't do the job.

Raditz grabbed for Cell, but was forced to block a kick to the side with his forearm and a tail lash to the head with his other arm. As Cell's tail attempted a recoil, Raditz snatched it quickly and pulled, spinning Cell through the air while aiming a ki blast at the creature's head. He let the blast fly, but Cell absorbed the blast without much effort and used its momentum to propel himself around and land a kick on the long haired warrior's shoulder. Raditz released his hold on Cell's tail, but didn't budge much from the kick, being stronger than what his opponent anticipated.

"I don't know what your problem with me is," Cell rasped out in his scratchy voice. "Perhaps the little one back at the bar was your woman?" He asked, referring to Yamcha.

Raditz smirked. "No, she wasn't my woman. My problem with you is more professional." He stated. Just looking at Cell made him sick to his stomach.

Cell shrugged.

Raditz lashed out at Cell, who dodged the blow and phased out, reappearing just above Raditz and knocked him as hard as he could towards the ground. Raditz went down like a limp pigeon, hitting a barge docked on the river. There was a sound of grinding metal and the booms of wood and water impacting. Cell laughed. And Goku got mad. He powered up and dove for Cell, catching him off-guard. He threw him into the air, aiming a ki blast directly at him. Cell couldn't recover from the throw in time, and was hit by Goku's blast. He howled as he turned around to face the second warrior and was met by Goku's forehead smacking into his own. That, in turn, was followed by two blows to the stomach and a kick to the shin. Goku took a hold of the stunned Cell's arm and began to spin him, releasing him straight towards the ground.

"Kakarott's improved." Vegeta commented from his vantage point just as he was promptly hit by a flying kick from behind, sending him racing towards a heaving Goku. The two Saiyans collided in the air. Vegeta shook with rage and let out a battle cry as he powered up a few more notches.

"We've gotta stop meeting like this, Vegeta." Goku smirked.

Vegeta smacked Goku upside his head as he turned around to face the new attacker.

*****

"Oh! Fireworks!" A very cheery blonde woman exclaimed as she looked up into the night sky on the river. She was one of many guests aboard the mayor's party boat, which was full of supporters and registered voters. The mayor was having a fundraiser tonight on the good ship, and everyone was having a wonderful time. Well, all except one.

Zarbon had been feeling on edge for a few hours now, but at that very moment, a whole lot more felt wrong. He could sense something in the air, and now that dumb blonde, the wife of the good Dr. Briefs, was babbling something about fireworks? There were no fireworks scheduled for this evening. And if there was, why wasn't he informed?

"It looks like you may be right, Mrs. Briefs." Mayor Popo stated. He looked a little nervous though. " Zarbon? Would you be so kind?"

Zarbon picked up on the request right away. "Of course, Mr. Mayor." He made a bow, and quietly slipped off into the crowd.

*****

Spice grinned while he watched the two fighters collide and couldn't help but think that the pair looked somewhat familiar. The one he had snuck up on with his black, upswept, spiky hair was fuming. The other was rubbing the back of his head, smirking at the other one who had just rammed him, courtesy of Spice himself. He squinted at the pair, but was still having trouble placing them.

Raditz let a few strings of potent Saiyan curses fly as he wrestled himself free from the wreckage of the barge, which was now slowly sinking down into the cold waters of the river. He blasted back up into the fray, a bright ki trail following him.

"Well, well. What do we have here?" Spice laughed. "Three bikers and my dear friend Cell." He looked to where Cell was recovering from Goku's assault. "I suppose three against one isn't quite fair."

"Ah, Vegeta wasn't fighting," Goku protested. "It was just…"

"Quiet!" Cell roared.

Spice continued laughing. "Now I remember! You're those cops! From the warehouse! The ones that I slapped around like little bitches! So you do have some ki after all. I was wondering how you managed to survive that blast."

Vegeta had heard enough. This was the fruitcake that managed to beat them up so badly that afternoon at the steel warehouse? He wasn't about to let THAT happen twice. He powered up enough to impress, and shot like a bolt towards Spice. Cell, who liked the odds a little better with his friend here, and using Vegeta's attack as a distraction, went straight for Goku.

Vegeta landed a sharp elbow into Spice's chin, smashing his jaw shut as he laughed. The sickening crack of bone followed by the high pitched whine of pain escaped from Spice's throat. Vegeta moved away enough to deliver a powerful roundhouse into Spice's back, doubling the warrior over in the wrong direction. He was tempted to shove his boot up his ass when he was made aware of another presence in the air with him.

"My, my, my. Vegeta. Whatever do you think you're doing up here on such a romantic night?" A cold, calm voice sounded behind him.

Vegeta knew that voice. He knew it well. He hated that voice. He breathed calmly before circling another powerful kick behind him, connecting with the voice's owner directly in the diaphragm. Vegeta then made a clean grab for Spice, getting hold of his foot and swinging him like a bat right into the warrior behind him. The two connected with a pounding smack, eliciting groans from each of them.

"Fuck!" Zarbon growled, "What the fuck is your problem, Vegeta!? I'm on your side!"

"You are?" Vegeta snarled back. "You weren't invited to this party Zarbon. Why don't you go back home and play with yourself?"

Spice, seeing Vegeta square off against the newcomer, used the opportunity to take a shot at him. But Vegeta was now powered up, ready, and quite aware. Holding out his palm towards the blast without even turning his head Vegeta deflected the shot easily, sending it straight for the water, all the while glaring at Zarbon. The blast hit the harbor with a thunderous explosion, spraying water everywhere.

Spice growled. He couldn't understand what had happened. These cops were complete pushovers at the warehouse. What was wrong? Had he really lost his touch? He heard a `hmph' from Vegeta, almost as if in answer to his unvoiced question.

"You are clearly out of you league." Vegeta stated dryly. "My suggestion to you is to scram before I tire of you." He finished as he continued to glare at Zarbon.

Zarbon kept his cold, calculating gaze on Vegeta. He had always hated the shorter warrior. There were a number of reasons why. The most recent animosity between them stemmed from a certain blue haired female.

Spice laughed at Vegeta through bloodied lips. He wasn't about to back down now. The other braided warrior was fighting this cop too. That improved his odds.

Vegeta raised his eyebrow as Spice laughed, he shifted his gaze slightly, still keeping tabs of Zarbon as he replied to the other warrior's mirth.

"Oops. Too late."

Vegeta pointed his finger as a small, but extremely powerful blast of ki formed at the tip of his finger. He pointed it straight at Spice, who exhibited a tiny drop of sweat trickling down the side of his face. Perhaps this wasn't a good idea after all.

Letting the blast fly, Vegeta smirked. As it struck Spice, it detonated into a huge blast of powerful energy, lighting the night sky over the water. Zarbon shielded his eyes as Vegeta didn't seem to regard it with much interest. As the dust settled, Zarbon brought his arm down, only to be smacked by something over his head.

It was the gloved arm of Spice. Or what was left of it.

Vegeta smirked as he leveled a stare at Zarbon, who looked back at Vegeta, shocked.

"I warned him." Vegeta shrugged.

"That was uncalled for!" Zarbon shouted.

"The fish need to eat." Vegeta stated coldly as he blasted the descending limb, destroying what was left. "Well," he continued, "what was that about a romantic evening Zarbon?"

*****

Cell went straight for Goku. He dodged Cell's attack with ease and maneuvered himself behind him. Raditz laughed as Goku grabbed Cell in a sleeper hold and promptly gave him a noogie, a move he had learned from Raditz years ago. As he let Cell go, sputtering for air, the Saiyan punched him twice in the stomach and directed a quick series of jabs to his head.

Cell wasn't having much fun. And Raditz was getting bored, so Goku slammed his fist into Cell's chest sending him flying in the larger warrior's direction. Raditz snarled as Cell sped closer. He didn't just want to see Cell beaten, he wanted him dead. One of Cell's first victims had been Raditz's first partner at his precinct, and his first human friend planet-side. There was a loud shriek as Raditz rammed his knee into Cell's head and a sickening crunch as he grabbed the creature's elbow and twisted.

He couldn't believe that there were cops that were this strong. Never before had he encountered an enemy that could best him, which was part of the reason why he was still alive. But this shouldn't be. There was something wrong with these cops, something that wasn't quite human. Desperate to get a shot in, he tried to block out the pain shooting through his arm as the large biker twisted it around, bringing his leg straight out and twisting the other way, aiming a kick to Raditz's midsection. He managed to land the hit, wrestling himself from Raditz's grip. Regaining his balance in the air, Cell swiveled and aimed a powerful blast at Raditz, growing tired of the cop's superior attitude, and hoping to take out another one of the city's seemingly overcrowded police force.

Raditz saw it coming. He powered up quickly, and charged up a powerful blast of his own, aiming it at Cell. The two blasts were released, two steady streams of fiery ki emanating from each warrior's fist. As their powers collided, the air vibrated with an almost tangible surge of violent energy. Both warriors gave a yell as their powerful blasts intensified, illuminating the night sky with an unnaturally brilliant yet eerie light. The streams mixed and exploded but Raditz was more powerful than Cell and his ki won out, first pushing through Cell's energy, then engulfing Cell himself, tearing apart his very fabric of being, completely and wholly. When the air settled and the sizzling bolts of energy subsided, Raditz hovered in the air, arms out to the front, heaving with effort.

Goku cheered Raditz on, congratulating him on his fine form and greater power. Raditz smirked. He was sad for the others that had lost their lives to Cell, but was pleased at the same time that he had done what he set out to do. And he was somewhat impressed that he at least broke a sweat.

*****

"How dare you challenge me!" Zarbon yelled.

Vegeta sneered at the other man. He didn't quite know why he was feeling so hostile towards the other warrior. He had always disliked him, but tonight the electricity between the two seemed a little more vicious than normal.

As they floated above the water, a huge blast exploded to their right. Neither one of them turned to look.

"Come off it Zarbon. You're not much of a challenge."

Zarbon roared and blasted a shot at Vegeta. He swatted it away.

"You'll have to do better than that!" Vegeta laughed.

Zarbon creased his brow and flared his nostrils. He was also feeling extremely agitated at Vegeta's presence. Bringing his hands together, he concentrated his ki, readying another blast.

Vegeta moved quickly, striking out and backhanding his forearm into the side of Zarbon's neck. Zarbon didn't appreciate this and decided that if Vegeta wanted to fight dirty, then two could play at that game. He collected himself quickly after the blow, ignoring the throbbing pain in his neck.

Vegeta, however, was somewhat quicker, flipping over his opponent's head and putting him into a full-nelson. Zarbon grunted as he tried to break the hold, while Vegeta laughed into his ear. Again, not appreciating the tactics, Zarbon kicked his leg straight up, smacking Vegeta square between the eyes, forcing himself free of the hold. Shaking off the kick, Vegeta moved in for a punch packed with a little ki. Zarbon saw him coming, and prepared himself with a similar move.

Below them, the bay buzzed to life with activity. The barge was almost completely under, and police boats and fire boats alike raced across the water's surface. Goku and Raditz, who had just finished up with Cell, looked down on the possibility of being found out. Vegeta and Zarbon looked to be just getting started. If they continued this much longer someone was bound to notice. And that would mean a whole lot of explaining to a whole lot of different people. Goku moved a little closer to the fighting pair, noticing for the first time the burning smell of oregano in the crisp, salty air.

"Uh, guys?" Goku tried to get their attention.

"Stay out of this!" Vegeta grunted as he dodged and blocked a series of kicks aimed at him, and countered quickly with a few of his own.

"We're going to get caught!" Raditz shouted at the two still fighting. "And I will NOT be the one left here to explain things to anyone!"

~Right~ thought Zarbon and Vegeta in the same instance, gazes locked.

Vegeta powered up in a bright explosion of ki, and slammed down on Zarbon's head and neck with a critical blow. But not before Zarbon did likewise, pounding his fist as hard as he could into Vegeta's groin. Both warriors howled as they went flying in opposite directions from the sheer force of their blows. Vegeta flew upwards, while Zarbon sped downwards, hitting the water of the bay with a deafening crash, and disappearing.

Vegeta thought he was about to die. He felt something pull and snap, and all he could think about was the terrible pain centering on his crotch. He managed to right himself out, while Raditz and Goku caught up to him.

"Let's get out of here." Raditz stated, looking down at the mass of emergency personnel flooding into the area.

Vegeta grimaced, trying very hard not to. Goku noticed his pained expression and gave a low chuckle. Vegeta picked up on this immediately and gave the younger warrior a warning growl.

"That'll teach you to wear a cup." Goku laughed lightheartedly.

Vegeta was not pleased to hear this. He knew well enough what he should be wearing during a fight, but he wasn't in his armor. Why would he have bothered to wear his protective gear?

"You ok?" Raditz asked, showing some concern.

"I think I'll live," Vegeta practically spat. "Where's Zarbon hiding?"

"We have no time for that now, we have to leave."

Vegeta was relieved that someone else made the decision that he should back down. He would get Zarbon back for this, he was sure…when he could walk normally again.

*****

I hope that you guys are still interested in reading this. I know that reading a story about the DBZ characters as cops isn't that exciting, but it serves mostly as backdrop, I swear! Feel free to tell me how I am doing at any time, and if I am sounding like a broken record, feel free on that one as well. Until the next chapter…