Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Hells Rising ❯ Round One ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for the delay. I've had this chapter written for a while, it's just that I haven't been that motivated to type it up. Just as a warning, this is the first time that I have written a fight scene so if you have any suggestions to make it better then please tell me. I have a few answers to some of your questions. To answer stanley T, yes they are a little young to have mated but just think of it this way. You have Saiyan hormones, and you have human hormones. You put that together with the person that you are destined for and what do you get? To answer KILLFRENZY, sorry but you did not give me the idea to have Gohan fight Cell. I had the whole thing planned out from the start. That's about it for now so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

<Telepathic Conversation>

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 18 - Round One

"Now that the matches have been announced, I think that it is time to give you all some background information on the first sixteen fighters." Everyone cheers wildly at this while the fighters went their own way. Most of the sixteen that are fighting today went to the fighters waiting area.

"I'll be going in the order that they will appear in the tournament. As I say each one, an image of them will appear on each of your little screens." ~ I wonder if any of the Z-Fighters will get pissed off by how much information that I am going to be giving out. ~

"The first fighter is none other than the legendary Son Goku. As most of you already know, Goku placed runner-up in the twenty-first and twenty-second World Martial Arts Tournament and finally won in the twenty-third against Ma Junior. Also, that he is a former pupil of Master Roshi, the Turtle Hermit. Now for the part most of you don't know. Not too long after his first tournament, Goku had a little run in with the Red Ribbon Army and then later…crushed the Red Ribbon Army single handed with nothing but his bare hands. After the twenty-second tournament, the Demon King Piccolo killed his best friend. Goku later fought him and defeated him. Many years later, after he married and had a son, Goku's brother, that he never knew he had, showed up and kidnapped his five-year-old son. Goku then teamed up with Ma Junior and went after him. Goku sacrificed his life so that Ma Junior could kill his brother. While in Otherworld, Goku crossed Snake Way to get special training from the great King Kai. That is because he heard that King Kai was well known for his fighting techniques. Although, the same can't be said about his sense of humor."

On Grand Kai's planet, where all of the fighters and the Kai's were watching, a great rumble shook the planet to its core. "I have a great sense of humor. If I weren't dead right now, I'd go to earth and show that boomer a thing or two about humor. Get it, boomer, humor, Hahahahaha!" (A/N: I know, I know. That was very corny but that is all I could think of.) Everyone just sweat drops at King Kai's corny joke.

Back on earth, "A year later he was brought back to life. How, I will not say. The reason to bring him back was so that he could fight off two of his brother's allies that he was told to arrive after a year's time. Goku and the remaining Z-Fighters, whom are a group of fighters led by Goku who dedicate their lives to protecting the earth, just barely pull out a victory over the two fighters. One of the fighters died while the other got away. A few days later, they went into space via a spaceship built by Capsule Corp, in order to stop an evil tyrant named Freeza from taking over the universe. Goku later got lost in space while the others safely made it home. After about two years later, Goku finally made it back to the earth. A few years later he, and the Z-Fighters started to fight some androids that someone from an alternate future warned them about. At the same time that the androids showed up, Cell appeared for the first time. A couple of weeks later, Cell Games took place. Towards the end, Cell was about to self-destruct himself but Goku managed to prevent it but it cost him his life. Goku has been dead for the last year training with all past fighters. He was brought back to life once again about twelve days ago so that he can compete in my tournament. That's about it for Son Goku and don't worry. The other fighters' backgrounds are not nearly as long as his." Everyone in the audience is looking at Mike like he has just grown a second head. A few of the audience members hesitantly start to clap, a little.

"Tien Shinhan, winner of the twenty-second WMAT. He is emperor Chiaotzu's personal bodyguard for many years. I cannot remember whether or not he died while fighting Demon King Piccolo. He did however, die against Goku's older brother's two allies. After being brought back to life he married a schizophrenic named Launch and now has a five-year son. Oh and he nearly died twice while facing off against Cell."

"Bardock, father of Son Goku. Died many years ago while trying to protect his people against Freeza. Shortly before that, he was cursed to start seeing visions of the future. He too was brought back to life twelve days ago where he first truly met his son for the first time."

"Yamu, previous competitor in the last WMAT. Lost during the first round."

"Vegeta, prince of the Saiyan race. Married to Bulma Briefs. Once an enemy to the Z Fighters but is now an ally. He has been voted as the earth's most dangerous man four years running."

"Mirai. He comes from an alternate future where a couple of androids have taken over the Earth and nearly killed every being on the planet. Came to this time line to warn the Z Fighters about the androids and then came back to help out against Cell. He later came back again to this time line to stay because his mother in his time line died. He is the future version of Bulma and Vegeta's son, Trunks."

"Spopovich. He also competed in the previous WMAT and was eliminated by Hercule Satan."

"Freeza, evil tyrant who tried to take over the universe. Destroyed the almost the entire Saiyan race and lost his first battle against Goku. He was killed two years after that by Mirai."

"Cell, evil biomechanical android created by Dr. Gero to kill Goku and destroy the earth. He is composed of a cell from every great fighter to ever step foot on the planet. Later absorbed Androids 17 and 18 so that he could achieve perfection. Ten days later, he was killed at Cell Games."

"Son Gohan, son of Goku and Chichi. He is one of the strongest beings in the universe. He was kidnapped by his uncle at the age of five and later trained by Ma Junior and then his father. Fought against Cell during Cell Games but was unable to defeat him. (A/N: That's a lie). Since Cell Games, Gohan has been training himself and his best friend to become stronger than either of them thought possible."

"Piccolo, reincarnation of the Demon King Piccolo. He is also known as Ma Junior. He started off evil but became good thanks to Gohan. He was the former Kami of the earth, or at least half of him was anyway."

"Shin, current Supreme Kai. He watches over the entire universe and is known to be very wise. Although, he could be quite dense at times."

Back to all of the Kais on Grand Kai's planet, "HOW DARE HE RIDICULE THE SUPREME KAI LIKE THAT!" All of the fighters just sweat drops.

"Kid Buu, created by Bibidi and is thought to be unstoppable. Even the Supreme Kai is afraid of him. He has kill countless billions in his time and will not hesitate to kill others."

"Dabura, another being that the Supreme Kai fears. He is the king of the Demon World. He is the definition of pure evil."

"Celipa, wife of Bardock and mother of Goku. Died when some of Freeza's henchmen betrayed her crew and herself."

"Mercenary Toa, once known as the most feared assassin on earth. Had his first taste of defeat against Goku and his second defeat against Gohan.

"Now that that is all said and done, would Son Goku and Tien Shinhan get your butts over here. We got a fight to begin." The crowd starts to cheer wildly now that the fighting is about to begin." The crowds start to cheer wildly now that the fighting is about to begin.

Goku and Tien came to the center of the field on top of a floating platform. When they stepped off the platform, it rises again and goes back to the waiting area.

"The last time that these two fought each other in a tournament, Tien was the one that came out on top. Lets see if we have a repeat of that match. You already know the rules and remember, if you break my rules then I break your neck…Fighters ready…GO!"

Goku and Tien drops down to their respective stances and starts to stare each other down. Tien then powers up as far as he can, while Goku just powers up to Tien's level. After a minute of just standing there, they lunge at each other. They clash in a series of punches, kicks, and blocks. After ten solid minutes of this, neither one of them seem to be able to get the upper hand. Tien finally manages to land a solid punch on Goku's face causing Goku to fly backwards. Tien quickly capitalizes on this and starts punching Goku with everything he had. After delivering a hard knee to the gut Tien jump backwards and brings his hands up to his face.

"TRI BEAM!" The yellow beam goes straight towards Goku and when it connects with him, it causes a giant explosion. When the smoke clears, Goku is nowhere to be seen. Tien and the crowd who are all on the edge of their seats, starts looking around to find Goku. Goku then appears directly behind Tien.

"You've gotten pretty good this last year Tien but I am going to have to end this now." Tien quickly turns around only to see Goku in his stance of his signature move. "Kame…hame…HA!" Tien brings up his arms to try and stop the blue-white blast but his efforts were in vain. It tears through his defensives and hits him head on. When the smoke clears, Tien is seen unconscious on the ground with lots of scrapes and bruises all over his body. A counter then appears on the big screen counting down from sixty seconds.

As the time tics down the crowd starts counting down with it. "3…2…1!"

"Tien is unconscious! Goku wins through knock-out and moves on to the next round!" The crowd cheers wildly. "Bardock, Yamu, your turn."

When they step off of the platform, Yamu drops to a sloppy stance while Bardock just crosses his arms and smirks.

"Fighters ready…GO!"

Yamu charges at Bardock and starts hitting him with everything he has. It didn't take him long to realize that none of his hits are having any affect on Bardock so he backs off and starts speaking.

"You know, I'm pretty glad that the stupid kid is allowing weapon use and killing as a means of winning."

"And why is that, baka human."

"Because now I can do this." Yamu then pulls out a 8mm revolver and unloads three shots from it. All three bullets hit Bardock right on the face but none of them are able to penetrate his skin. Yamu was so scared that he drops his gun. Bardock then extends his arm and unleashes a weak ki blast. It was just strong enough to totally obliterate him.

"Yamu is dead so Bardock is the winner and moves on to fighting his very own son, Goku in the next round. Now would Vegeta and Mirai come to the center of the field? It is your turn." When Vegeta and Mirai got onto the field they get into similar stances. "Fighters ready…GO!"

The moment Mike said go, Vegeta and Mirai starts to power up, both going Super Saiyan. After they power up, they jump to the air and start moving faster than anyone but a few of the Z-Fighters could see. No one bothers to look at the television screen since the actual battle is much more interesting than watching a slower version, even though they couldn't see them. Every time the clash, a shock wave went through the stadium. After half an hour of this they finally break apart for a breather. Mirai then starts to smirk.

"Sorry father, but I think that it is time that I end this." With that, Mirai starts to power up and lets out a mighty roar. His hair gets a little longer and a little spikier. When Mirai finally stops his power up, Vegeta sees that he is at level two and starts to growl.

"BRAT, WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?"

"Not too long ago actually. About a week before Goku came back."

They both go at each other again but this time, Mirai is blocking or dodging everything that Vegeta throws at him. Mirai then starts to fight back. He is moving so fast that Vegeta can't block nor dodge any of is hits. Mirai then delivers a hard punch to the gut, causing Vegeta to double over in pain. Then he delivers a double ax hammer to Vegeta's back, causing Vegeta to hit the ground and form a small crater. Vegeta shakily gets up and coughs up a little blood. He is seething in rage.

"I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED! I WILL GO ON TO FIGHT KAKAROT! EVEN IF IT IS THE LAST THING I DO!"

All of Vegeta's rage pushes him to the next level. Even after he finally becomes a Level 2 Super Saiyan, his power still rises until it was just a little higher then what Gohan's was during Cell Games. It also happens to be higher than Mirai's power level.

~ Oh man, I'm about to get my ass kicked. ~

Vegeta charges at Mirai at an incredible speed and starts pummeling him. He then throws him to the ground. Vegeta then extends his arms out to the side where he starts to gather energy. Then he brings them together in front of him.

"FINAL FLASH!" A tremendous amount of energy is released and a massive explosion takes place when it hits the ground. If it weren't for the energy shield then everyone in the stands would've died. Up in the Z-Fighters' box seats, Lime is crying here eyes out while her grandfather and Videl try to calm her down. Bulma on the other hand is in total shock.

~ How could you Vegeta? How could you kill him? ~

:: Don't worry woman. He is still alive, just barely though. ::

Sure enough, as soon as the smoke clears, there is Mirai lying in a pool of his own blood but still conscious. He looks over to Mike and says something barely above a whisper before clasping back to the ground.

"Mirai has given up. Vegeta wins and moves on to the next round." Mike then rushes over to Mirai and pops a Senzu bean into his mouth. After a minute, all of his wounds disappear and he manages to sit up. As soon as Vegeta sees him sit up, he drops down to his normal self and falls unconscious and falls to the ground.

Mirai then looks over to him. "What the hell was he thinking, unleashing a blast that large upon the earth? If he wasn't able to make it explode then we would all be dead."

"He didn't though. The grass that you are now sitting on is not really grass. It is made of a compound that causes all ki blasts to explode on impact. Even if the ki blast makes it through, then it would just hit the energy shield that I constructed under the earth's crust that expands all over the world." Mirai just looks at him in shock. "Anyway, here is a Senzu bean. Bring Vegeta over to the box and then give it to him." Mirai grabs Vegeta and flies himself and Vegeta to the box. The moment that he opens the door, Lime tackles him.

"I…I thought that you were dead."

"Hey, I'm alright. Don't worry." Mirai leads them to a chair and places Vegeta on it. Then he gives the Senzu bean in his hand to Bulma before going over to one of the sofas and sits down with Lime clinging to his arm like she was too afraid to let him go. Bulma then feeds the Senzu bean to Vegeta. He quickly wakes up but before he could say anything, Mike's voice booms over the stadium.

"Spopovich, Freeza, your up." The two fighters quickly show up. "Fighters ready…GO!"

Instead of charging in, Freeza just stands there with his arms crossed while Spopovich starts to taunt him. "Hey shorty, what do you think this is? Halloween? Hahahaha! I am going to crush you shorty. Hahahahaha!"

While he is laughing, Freeza smirks and points a finger out at him. "You talk too much you monkey wannabe." He then releases a small amount of energy instantly killing Spopovich.

"Spopovich is dead. Freeza wins and moves on to meet Vegeta in the next round." Mike then moves over to Spopvich's dead body and snaps his fingers. Spopovich's body then starts to disintegrate out of existence. "We are half way through today's matches so we will take an one hour lunch break." Mike then leaves the field. (A/N: I'm in school right now and lunch is about to start so I added it here)

An hour later, everyone was back in his or her seats, waiting nervously for the next match to start. "Welcome back. I hope that you've enjoyed your little lunch break. Now it's time to start the match that you've been waiting for, a rematch from Cell Games. Would Cell and Son Gohan please come to the center of the field? It is time to start your match."

Gohan and Cell are seen on separate platforms, heading towards the center of the field. When they get there, all they did was stare each other down. "Fighters ready…GO!"

All that Gohan and Cell seem to do is just continue to stare each other down. Cell then starts to speak. "Hello Gohan. It has been a while since we last fought."

"Not long enough Cell"

"Your not still mad at me for killing Goku, are you? After all, it was your fault that he died."

"That will not work on me Cell."

"Actually, I was kind of hoping that it wouldn't. You see, that Mike fellow over there told me about this tournament about a year ago. Ever since then, I have been training hard so that I can get my revenge on you. I am now twice as strong than I was a year ago." To prove it, Cell powers up as far as he can go and sure enough, he is twice as strong than he was a year ago. "What are you going to do now boy?"

To Cell's surprise Gohan just smirks. "Your not the only one who has been training Cell." Gohan then powers up to Cell's exact level. For the first time ever, Cell becomes truly afraid. He isn't afraid that Gohan's power matches his. He is afraid because Gohan's power matches him, without Gohan having to go Super. Cell isn't the only one who is shocked by this turn up. Up in the box, all who can sense ki, except for Videl that is, are also shocked.

"HOW THE HELL DID KAKA-BRAT GET SO POWERFUL!?!" yells Vegeta.

Goku is the next to speak up. "It makes you wonder how strong Gohan truly is if he can achieve this much power without becoming a Super Saiyan." Everyone in the room then looks over to Videl. Surprisingly, Piccolo is the one to speak up.

"You've been training with him almost everyday for the last year. How strong is he…and you?"

"Sorry Piccolo. Gohan and I have agreed to keep how strong we are a secret. Your just going to have to wait and see like everybody else. Besides, don't you have a match next? You should get down there. This match wont last long." Piccolo just grunts before he leaves and flies down to the waiting area just as Cell starts to talk again.

"How? How can you be that strong without transforming?"

"That's very simple Cell. You see, when I first met Mike, he said that there was a new, very powerful enemy coming. So a friend of mine and myself trained harder than ever before. We pushed our bodies farther then we've ever thought possible just so that we can stand a chance against this enemy."

Mike then slaps his hand against his forehead. ~ You stupid kid, why did you have to say that when Piccolo can hear you? Now all of the others will know sooner than I wanted them to know. ~

Sure enough, Piccolo asks the Supreme Kai to relay that information to the others. Back on the field though, Cell starts to laugh.

"Well then you've trained so hard for nothing Gohan. I will still kill you no matter how strong you have become. I will do it the same way that I tried to kill you a year ago." Cell's body starts to bloat, blowing up like a very large balloon. "How will you stop me this time Gohan? I have already proven that I can survive from self destructing myself and if I destroy this planet, then I shall live while you and your friends die."

Up in the box, Goku reluctantly starts to bring two fingers up to his forehead. That is, until he is Mike stops him.

< Goku, don't you dare do what you are thinking of doing. >

< But Cell is about to destroy the earth. I have to save it. >

< Goku, do you honestly believe that I would bring you back to life just to die again twelve days later, the same exact way that you died a year ago. >

<What are you talking about Mike? >

< Just wait and see Goku. >

Back on the field, Gohan just smirks wider. "I have played this event over in my mind many times over the last year in order to find another way that this could have been taken care of. And I found one."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

Gohan doesn't answer. He just drops down into his stance and brings his hands to his side.

"What are you doing? Firing that would surly kill us all!"

"Ka…me…ha…me…HA!" The blast goes straight at the wide-eyed Cell. Right before the blast would hit Cell, it turns and starts to spiral around him, created a wall of energy around Cell. Gohan's Kamehameha is so close together that you couldn't fit a safety pin into it. After holding it there for a moment, Cell explodes but the Kamehameha absorbs all of the energy. Gohan then directs all of the energy up into space. After a minute, Cell starts to regenerate. The moment that he is fully regenerated though, another Kamehameha comes at him from Gohan and it destroys every cell within his body.

"Cell is dead and Gohan is the winner. He will move on to the next round." Everyone in the stands and around the world stands up and starts to cheer wildly. The entire world starts to shake due to all of the cheering. "That's right folks, Gohan here is the second person to destroy Cell." ~ Of coarse, he was also the first but I made a promise to Hercule not to reveal that little fact. ~

"Yes, yes, cheer, cheer, now SHUT UP! We must continue with the tournament. Would Shin and Piccolo please report to the field? It is you turn to fight." The two quickly got to the field but instead of facing each other off, they went straight to Mike. "Is there a problem fellas?"

Shin speaks up first. "We want some information Mike. What sort of evil entity that can be out there that can be worse than Majin Buu? I have yet to here of anyone who is worse than Majin Buu."

"You know Shin, I would tell you but…where would the fun be in that?"

"Do you think that this is just a game mortal? You are messing with innocent lives here." To say the least, Shin's temper is rising.

"Did you know that you almost sounded like Kibito just then? Besides, all work and no play makes my life very dull." Mike then pauses to think of something. "I'll tell you what Shin. As you know, the champion of this tournament will face off against me. If that person can defeat me in battle then I will tell you all that you wish to know. Do we have a deal?"

The crowd starts to get rowdy since no one is fighting. "Fine."

"Good, now I suggest that we start this little fight before the people start to riot." Shin and Piccolo just nods once before facing each other and dropping down into their stances. "All righty then. Fighters ready…GO!"

Piccolo and Shin stares each other down for a moment before attacking. A fury of punches and kicks follows but everyone can see that Shin is holding back. Piccolo then jumps back to take off his cape and turban before attacking again. After a few more minutes of this Shin starts to show off his vast knowledge of techniques. He fires off a strong invisible blast of energy at Piccolo, causing him to fly into the opposite wall. After a minute of waiting Mike speaks up.

"Piccolo is knocked out. Shin is the winner and will meet Gohan in the next round." After everyone cheers and some of the robots came out to take Piccolo away Mike starts up again. "Would Kid Buu and Dabura please report to the field?" They quickly arrive to the center of the filed. "Alright, fighters ready…GO!"

"So you're the all mighty Majin Buu. You don't look like someone who could destroy the universe. You're weak and pathetic. No one is stronger that I Dabura, King of the Demon World." Dabura then materializes his sword and attacks Buu. Buu just smiles and catches his sword with one hand as it comes down. He then twists his wrist and breaks his blade and then punches Dabura in the gut, sending him flying.

Dabura quickly composes himself and starts to fly at Buu. Instead of throwing a punch though, he just spits at Buu. Buu brings up his arm and blocks the spit from hitting his face. His arm then starts to turn to stone and Dabura starts laughing.

"Destroyer of the universe HA! I truly am the strongest. Hahaha-…" Dabura abruptly stops laughing when he sees Buu pull out the chunk of his arm that is turning to stone. He then quickly fills the gap that was formed.

"You bore me." Buu then flicks his antenna at Dabura and turns him into a giant cookie. He then grabs the cookie and stuffs it all into his mouth and then eats it.

"Kid Buu has eaten Dabura so Dabura is now dead. Kid Buu is the winner and moves to the next round." No one cheers because they are all now afraid of Kid Buu. "Now for the final fight of the day. Would Celipa and Mercenary Toa please report to the center of the field?" After a moment, they arrive and step off of their platforms. "Fighters ready…GO!"

"Martial Arts is no place for a woman so I will make this nice and quick for you." Says Toa. "DODON RAY!"

Celipa just lets the blast hit her. Toa smirks but then looks on with fear in his eyes when the smoke clears. Celipa is standing there smirking without a scratch on her. She then starts to talk.

"So you are the Toa that my son fought when he was but a child. I think that you have lived long enough. This is for all of the innocent people that you have killed." She then releases a ki blast of her own, completely obliterating him instantly.

"Toa is dead so Celipa moves on to the next round to face off against Kid Buu in the next round. That concludes today's matches. Please return tomorrow for the second half of round one." Mike then leaves and everyone goes his or her own way.

A/N: Like I said before, this is the first time that I have ever written a fight scene. Please give some feed back on how to improve it. Now I have some bad news for you all. I need to take a small hiatus for a while. It will last anywhere between a week to a month. Sorry but really need a small break from writing. Stay tuned for the next installment of Hells Rising.