Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Musouka ~ Dare to Dream ❯ A Splashing Good Time ( Chapter 45 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Forty-five
 
I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown.
 
Woody Allen
 
A Splashing Good Time
 
“What makes them think we even want to go to the beach how about like to an ice cream place or something like that do they think that all we want to waste our time on is at the beach only collecting seashells and wading in the water or maybe climb on rocks?” Hiro began, walking behind Haru, Ritsu, Saki, Arisa, Yasashiku, and Kaemon. The rest were with Yuri out sightseeing and probably even shopping. They were being led from the small parking area though, over a wooden, sand-covered bride that saved them the journey through the giant beach grasses and onto the warm sand the sun and earth gave out to them at the end of the beach by Shoda.
 
Happily, Shoda and Yuri proclaimed not to worry about bringing casual clothes to the beach, as they wouldn't need them. But a shawl or anything other light covering would be good if the sun turned out to be brighter than the news said it would be. Either way, the beach-goers were required to carry something anyway.
 
Last night at the indoor pool they pretty much had a splash. Literally.
 
Yuki, Haru, Yasashiku, Benjiro (and eventually Kyo) challenged one another to swimming races. Anyone whom was in there eventually left soon after they began, and after a while the waters churned so violently from the water `violence' that anyone not involved in the racing had to get out to avoid getting pool under toe.
 
Finally Yuki was declared winner, and a determined, thus blind Kyo accidentally swam headfirst into the pool's wall after viciously trying to catch up with Yuki. Yasashiku and Haru ended up carrying him out, and Kyo spent the rest of the night with a bag of ice on his head.
 
At least now they weren't so overly crowded together, but this group in particular were forced to bear with Ritsu.
 
“Oh dear I hope no one's getting too hot and I-” he muttered things like this through the car ride to the beach, and it was ticking off Arisa.
 
“Geez keep it shut for a bit `kay? Some American guys might think we're nuts,” Arisa hissed.
 
“What would make you think they weren't right about us than?” Hiro asked smartly.
 
“For one thing, one of us is wearing complete black in 100 degree weather,” Kaemon replied, not looking up from the brochure he acquired at the hotel that morning, it wasn't completely unfolded, but it seemed he was interested in reading about the main attractions. It was true, on suggestion of the shawls and so on, Hanajima wore complete black of course, it seemed that she was wearing an entire black dress including a tiny black umbrella, making it seem she wasn't there to play in the waves.
 
Not only that, because of Ritsu being well, a guy he couldn't wear a female bathing suit. He wore the same swimming trunks as he did last night. Yet because of discomfort, he had wrapped a whole towel around him that dragged at his feet from his neck down to the sand. Therefore, he was burning up.
 
“Ah ha! The early bird gets the worm see here?” Shoda cried out as he motioned to their new area, he was standing on some rocks looking over. The rest followed. It was a large sandy area secluded from other parts of the beach. They would have a whole place to themselves, as there was a sign on the tip of the rocks. It said -
 
Reserved
 
“No worries for trespassers eh? We've got a violent gang here,” Shoda said with a laugh as he climbed over, the rest following.
 
“Why in the world would someone trespass over rocks I mean really? Who would be that stupid, climbing over rocks,” Hiro continued.
 
“You're climbing on rocks Hiro,” Haru said dully, Hiro went silent and climbed down to join the others.
 
“Well, put your stuff down and get organized than go ahead into the tide!” Shoda cried as his stuff dropped down to the ground.
 
“What about life guards though? Can they see us here?” Arisa asked questionably, looking over at Yuri's uncle.
 
“Of course not, that's why you have me here! Did a part-time life guarding job back about five years ago for some extra cash,” Shoda said.
 
Extra cash? I suppose we're not going to be seeing the light of day again in a few hours or less… they thought in response, excluding Ritsu.
 
“Well? C'mon!” Shoda cried. Instantly they dropped their stuff. Hanajima laid down her black towel and slowly place her umbrella over it. Arisa and Yasashiku just dumped it all, and Arisa pulled off her long white T-shirt to reveal her light blue one piece, with her hair up in a short ponytail she raced off, grinning insanely.
 
“Last one there is fresh sushi!” Arisa cried, Yasashiku grinned as equally insane and darted towards the ocean.
 
“Fresh sushi? Where the heck did that come from?” Hiro asked.
 
“Yes, it was quite random.” Hanajima said in agreement as she unbuttoned her dress and slid it off. Her pale body covered by a semi-transparent black dress slip, with a black two-piece underneath. Folding up her dress she instantly laid herself down on the towel, her eyes shaded by the umbrella.
 
“Well, sushi is rotten fish right? I suppose using `fresh' is just saying the opposite!” Shoda said as he sat down on a rock and spotted Kaemon placing his brochure down. “Hey, Kaemon right? Can I see that?” he asked, pointing at it. Kaemon blinked.
 
“Yeah, sure.” Kaemon said as he too pulled off a T-shirt, revealing a well-made masculine torso and stomach. His red hair danced as a soft breeze flew by and gone, Shoda grabbed the brochure and began unfolding it. Almost instantly becoming transfixed to the reading material.
 
“What is it that you are looking for? I thought you knew everything here,” Kaemon asked. Ritsu sat down beside Hiro, still inside his towel. Haru placed his shades on and stared out at Yasashiku and Arisa, who were apparently having a splash! (Really acting as lifeguard as Shoda was scanning the paper)
 
“Oh, it's nothing really…” Shoda said, still looking through with interest till he found what he was looking for. “Do we have anything planned for tomorrow morning?” he asked. Again, Kaemon blinked and looked at him.
 
“I don't think so,” he said. Hanajima closed her eyes.
 
“Join Uo-chan and Yasashiku-kun Hiro,” Hanajima said.
 
“Oh now you think you can boss me around who do you think you-”
 
“Oh look, Kisa and the others decided to join us,” Haru stated, Hiro looked up. His eyes scanning the shoreline.
 
“Where?”
 
“Well, I think I saw them over there.” The Ox said, pointing at his right. Hiro darted tot he rocks.
 
“Well, it seems that Love Call Paradise Beach is open till 11 PM to 6 AM. Maybe we can get up early enough to miss the girls and get there before it ends-”
 
“What kind of beach is that? Being open only at night?” Ritsu asked with a gasp.
 
“One you've never been at,” Hanajima replied.
 
“Eh?”
 
“It's a-” Bzzt! Hanajima's eyes flashed open and glowed a soft violet. Shoda froze, and quivered. Eventually Hanajima's eyes closed.
 
“Don't shock anyone Hanajima-san (even though I agree he deserved it).” Kaemon said as he headed for the ocean. Shoda was still frozen and Hanajima remained motionless. Up on top of the hill Hiro glared back at Haru angrily.
 
“There is no one here you stupid Cow!” Hiro cried.
“Oi! C'mon guys you're missing out on all the fun!” Arisa cried as Kameon joined them, almost instantly on impulse Yasahiku jumped onto his friend and they both crashed into the water. From her point of view, she spotted Hiro climbing down off the rocks while Haru told something to Hanajima before walking towards the water himself.
 
“Hey White-head, what was that about?” Arisa asked as Kaemon regained balance and tackled Yasashiku in return. Hiro was seen running towards the water as Haru reached it.
 
“Told Hanajima to come into the water or keep an eye on Shoda-san,” Haru stated plainly as grumpily Hiro entered the cool salt water. He grimaced.
 
“It feels like I'm stepping in mud!” Hiro growled. Arisa laughed.
 
“So what?” she replied, with one swift movement, Haru was able to push Hiro into the water with little effort it seemed. Resulting in Hiro hitting the water with a full body splash and him arising sputtering and muttering curses.
 
“Darn't Haru-nii! Why the heck did you do that?” Hiro growled, shaking his head. Droplets of water flying everywhere, making Arisa raise her hands and close her eyes to avoid getting the liquid near them.
 
“You were complaining,” Haru said.
 
“Were just became was!” Hiro shouted back as he glowered at the Ox.
 
“Hey kid, lighten up! We're at the beach! Why be so grumpy?” Arisa asked, Yasashiku and Kaemon still wrestling in the background.
 
“Because Kisa isn't here to be with us,” Haru said, Hiro blushed and Arisa looked up in surprise.
 
“You mean lil' Hiro-kun is hitting on lil' Kisa-chan? That's kind a cute, isn't she older than you?” she asked with a sly grin.
 
“She's older by a few months!” Hiro cried, his face turning redder.
 
“Either way…” Arisa said in the same and only getting more slyer tone.
 
“She is older than you,” Haru stated.
 
“Good grief act your age and stop thinking about that!” Hiro cried out, almost desperately.
 
“Yeah well-”
 
“All right, this isn't funny at all Yasashiku,” They heard Kaemon growl, the three looked to their right at Kaemon, obviously there was no Yasashiku to be found.
 
“Hey! Where's Baka-Yasa?” Arisa asked, Haru and Hiro sweat-dropped. Where did that nickname come from? At least Kaemon knew who she was talking about.
 
“He was here for a second and then when I tackled him into the water there was this very large splash/poof and he was gone.” Kaemon said, Haru's eyes widened. Hiro and Arisa exchanged worried glances.
 
“Huh?” Arisa said, clearly having no other way to express her reaction.
 
“I don't think that made much sense, what a splash/poof?” Hiro asked, Kaemon shrugged slightly.
 
“It sounded like a `poof'.” Kaemon replied. Haru looked around, searching for something. He found his answer was correct when his eyes laid on floating blue swimming trunks, floating innocently upon the water's surface. Thankfully Arisa, Hiro, nor Kaemon seemed to notice. Therefore Yasashiku grabbed the pair of trunks and ventured over to the rocks where he caught sight of a rather long suspicious looking tail.
 
“Yasashiku? Ah…” Haru came around the rock's edge and came face to face with an almost grown lion, the mane slightly grown, but appeared almost like a dark brown mohawk along the ridge of his neck to in between his shoulder blades. He looked about only some two hundred pounds. Next tot that, also soaking wet. The lion, a.k.a. Yasashiku looked at him, the same eyes (and of course the odd appearance of an African animal) told Haru clearly - it was Yasashiku Sanotomono.
 
“Big cat,” Haru said, lifting the trunks to the lion's height. “I think these are yours,”
 
Yasashiku's sweat-dropped with a nod.
 
“When do you change back,”
 
“In a second or two,” the lion replied, sitting down on his hutches. “So…how long have you known?”
 
“As long as you've known about me I'm sure,” Haru replied dully.
 
“Since last night?” Yasashiku asked, his head drooping, Haru nodded. “Is everyone else like that as well?”
 
“Well, everyone except Tohru of course, everyone here that is a Sohma is cursed. But Shoda isn't even though he's a Sanotomono. Do you transform when you embrace females?” he asked. Yasashiku shook his head.
 
“Only around males my age or older, for females, females their age or older.” Yasashiku explained.
 
“Why would males embrace males?” Haru asked, a little disgusted. Yasashiku sweat-dropped again.
 
“Fathers, etc.” Yasashiku answered, very low in confidence it seemed at the moment.
 
Poof!
 
“You're curse is different from ours of course,” Yasashiku said as the tan poofs of smoke vanished, Yasashiku stood in the water up to his waist. Haru still held his trunks but it seemed Yasashiku forgot about them. Neither did Haru seem to care whether he was wearing them or not.
 
“But Sensei (Shigure) once mentioned a link, he never put it into much detail - if any detail at all - but, maybe just transforming into animals might be just one of the few simple things we have in common.” Haru stated, his face looking bored and unsurprisingly calm.
 
“I don't think so, there might be more to it.” Yasashiku said, looking up at the Ox.
 
“Just between you and me, there must be more to Eriko's condition than it seems, and I don't think we're being let into it.” Yasashiku stated, Haru cocked his head.
 
“So, that must mean the reason Sensei, and the other adults gave us this trip because they didn't want us around,” Haru said in agreement, Yasashiku nodded, his face solemn.
 
“Not only that, they don't want us to find out anything they might come across, whatever that might cross their paths anyway.” Yasashiku said.
 
“HEY! HARU WHERE'D YOU GO!” It was Arisa, Haru slowly turned his head.
 
“Yikes! Thought I was almost missed there!” Yasashiku cried, a big grin spreading across his facial features as he began to plow through the water towards the edge of the rocks.
 
“By the name of the person they are calling for, I think I was the one whom was missed.” Haru stated as Yasashiku came around the rocks edge. Shouts from Arisa and demands from Hiro and Kaemon made him race back.
 
“I think I need those,” Yasashiku said, taking hold of his boxers and struggling into them.
 
“When you get them on I'll be over there,” Haru said plainly as he began moving towards the edge of the rocks to return to the others.
 
“Hey wait up!” Yasashiku fell into the water, then getting back up with his trunks on, his expression quite grumpy.
“We have another ten minutes before we have to leave,” Shoda said with a yawn. It wasn't too long ago that he joined the others along with Hanajima and Ritsu (whom held onto his towel for dear life and not letting it slip off him) into the water. By the time the sun began to set and the sky began to grow dark, Shoda immediately sent everyone to the shore. Eventually by the time they reach their towels, they only collapsed onto them. Though with the exception of Hanajima, everyone else was wiped out.
 
Yasashiku gave out a long tired sigh.
 
There was a time a while ago when you would think you could trust people…and they would trust you enough to confide everything into them…
 
“How about we just stare out at the stars, see they're coming out already!” Shoda cried, they looked up. He was right, stars began to blink into the existence on the other side of the world. Now that he thought about it, Shigure and the others must be awakening soon In Japan.
 
Your heart, soul, and maybe even life. But if they wouldn't do the same in return…
 
“Wow! It's a shooting star see!” Shoda was apparently either slap-happy, or just awake enough to be happy. Hopefully he would be able to stay straight on the road back to the hotel. “Make a wish someone!”
 
“You saw it first Shoda, so that means you make the wish.” Arisa corrected.
 
“Oh, right! Then I wish we could go to Love Call Paradise sometime before morning-” BAM! Arisa placed her fist back on her lap.
 
“There was no shooting star,” Arisa said dully with disgust. Kaemon shook his head.
 
You just might be betrayed or left in the dark…
 
“You seem awfully calm tonight Ritsu-san,” Hiro pointed out all of a sudden, their eyes turned towards the Monkey.
 
“Yeah, I haven't heard you apologizing since this morning!” Arisa proclaimed, Ritsu seemed to be embarrassed by the comment.
 
“Well…yes, I tried to have fun…”
 
“And so you seemed to have it, did you?” Kaemon asked.
 
“Actually yes…I did, thank you for the fun day!” Ritsu cried out happily, but the towel still clung to him like it was his life force.
 
How would you direct that feeling at something else? Because if you don't want it…
 
“No prob, I wonder what we'll do tomorrow?” Arisa questioned, looking up at the sky.
 
“Yes, I wonder…” Hanajima said, her eyes wandering up at the endless evening sky.
 
Who would?
 
“All right time to go!” Shoda cried after recovering from the Uotani incident.
 
They met up with everyone back at the hotel at eleven. The other group looked as tired as they did.
 
“Dear Kami-san…down seventy-two isles and only five outfits bought - only five!” Kakeru complained tiredly as he groggily walked on with an arm over Yuki's shoulders to support himself. “Before shopping was a privilege…something I would look forward to…but now, I now understand the difference between the view of shopping from a guy's to that of a girl's.”
 
“How many did Komaki buy?” Haru asked.
 
“One,” Yuki answered, looking equally tired. Tohru, Momiji, and Komaki walked happily up to them with rest right behind them.
 
“Did you guys have fun at the beach?” Tohru asked.
 
“Yes, indeed it was fun,” Kaemon replied with a small smile.
 
“Must you be so casual?” Benjiro asked, rubbing his eyes with a large yawn.
 
“Yes,” Kaemon replied.
 
“Must you be reading!” Benjiro cried as he noticed the brochure in his hands.
 
“Yes,”
 
“Dear Kami…”
 
“Let's hurry up to our rooms, I'm exhausted…” Yuri said as she suddenly appeared. They slowly followed Yuri and Shoda through the doors, dragging their feet and belongings.
 
Today was fun…well, for us… Yasashiku thought as he turned to look out at the sky after entering through the glass automatic doors.
 
And just as they automatically opened for him.
 
They automatically closed behind him.
“You wished to speak to me Akito?” Shigure asked, properly bathed and dressed in a clean maroon kimono with a blue sash.
 
“Yes, I do.” Akito replied.
 
“About?”
 
“It's soon Shigure, very soon.” Akito said with a sneer, Shigure was taken aback.
 
“What is?”
 
“Something very unexpected, only nine or so months to go. Hopefully it goes just as I plan for it to go.” Akito said.
 
“What are your plans Akito?”
 
“You'll find out when the time is right, but I need you to do something from me.”
 
 
The Hobart Shakespeareans
Watch PBS P.O.V. documentary about
kids performing plays in LA school
www.pbs.org/pov
Ads by Google