Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Save Myself ❯ Mistaken ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'll Save Myself

Chapter One

…I own nothing…

------------------------------------>------------------------ -------------------------------------------

Trowa Barton and Wufei Chang quietly sat in their seats. They were on the MS-18 space shuttle, bound for Tokyo, Japan. Major General Matthews had ordered them to gather more soldiers, with the help of the trainees. The MS-18 shuddered violently as it entered the Earth's atmosphere.

`Finally,' Trowa thought. The trips to Earth and back were boring for him now, after having done it so many times. He may be silent, but he had no patience. Trowa looked over at his comrade, Wufei.

Wufei had his eyes closed, his arms folded across his chest and his face blank. He was most likely meditating.

Trowa followed suit, and closed his eyes.

Haruka Tenoh parked behind the market like she always did and headed across the street. A stupid teenager sped down the street at the exact moment. The teen screeched to a stop just mere inches from Haruka and he threw his hand up in the air, flipping her off. Haruka tapped the hood of his car and gave him a dangerous death glare. The boy shut up immediately and waited in his car for her to pass.

Haruka climbed up the stairs of the abandoned hotel and entered room twenty-seven.

"Hey Haruka!" Jeremy said as he sprawled out on the couch.

She let out a small smile in welcome.

"How come your so late?" Ashley said as she reached into the icebox, picking up a Coke.

Haruka shrugged. She'd had to drop Hotaru off for school, but she didn't want to tell them that.

Ashley threw her a Coke. "Not talkative I see."

Haruka caught it with ease and popped it open. She took in a sip and sat down on one of the wooden barstools.

The gang had kept quiet the past few days. The cops had been circling crossroads over and over, searching for them.

"Can't you guys ever watch anything interesting?" Haruka said as she saw they were watching "Jackass" for the millionth time.

They all laughed as Steve-O got his ass kicked by alligators.

Ashley sat down next to her. "Guess not."

Haruka had met Ashley through Michiru's art classes. Ashley was the one always joking around and getting into trouble. She was really creative, so before she knew it, Haruka had her making up the latest pranks. And then Ashley had joined the Ghouls.

Mel walked in through the front door, wearing only his pajama bottoms. He yawned and stretched his arms up. He chuckled as he took a glance at the T.V screen.

Most of the guys lived there, at the hotel. It may look crappy on the outside but it cleaned up nicely.

Haruka took the remote control from Mark and switched it to the news. There were groans around the room.

"No one really cares what's going on in the world!"

"Yeah, it's all fucked up!"

They all laughed at this.

Haruka turned up the volume as she saw something interesting. The sound was blocked out, however, when loud military trucks began down the street, their sirens blaring. Haruka looked out of the window. The soldiers only stopped at the houses. She watched them as they came out, dragging only the men away from their families. She watched one particular, a woman tried to stop the soldiers, by attacking one. Haruka winced as they shot her. The body fell to the sidewalk, limp. Her blood splattered onto the ground and oozed from her head. `It's like the draft all over again,' Haruka thought.

"Stay here and keep quiet," Haruka said as she exited the hotel. She waited in the shadows until all of the military trucks were off of the street. She ran to her car and sped home to Michiru.

What would you do if I stopped right here? Hehe. Don't worry… I won't.

Trowa fought the urge to plug his ears as a woman screamed. Wufei dragged the husband away, along with his teen son. The woman kept screaming as the trainees ran frantically around the house looking for men 16 and older.

"Shut up woman!" Wufei screamed at her.

The woman fell to her knees and covered her face with her hands but her screaming persisted.

"God." Wufei mumbled as he cocked his gun and shot.

The screaming stopped. Things seemed to be deadly silent to Trowa. He could barely hear the sound of pounding footsteps, more screams and gunshots.

"Barton!" Wufei snapped him back into reality. "Come on! Let's finish this!"

Trowa walked out of the house and into one of the military trucks with Wufei.

Haruka slammed the door behind her and locked it. "Michiru!" She screamed into what seemed like an empty house.

"Haruka?" Michiru stepped down the stairs. "What's going on out there?" Haruka noticed her sword in Michiru's hand. She took it from her.

"We need to leave now." Haruka tried to pull Michiru toward the door. "The Alliance is taking men."

"Well if they're taking men," Michiru said, "Then we're fine."

"Yes but they're killing some of the-" Haruka began but was cut off by a loud pounding on the door.

"Open up! In the name of the Alliance!" A voice came from outside.

Haruka froze. `Maybe if we're quiet, they'll think we're not home.' She mentally slapped herself. She had seen how they did it, barging in, guns ready. She held her sword up, ready to fight.

A gunshot was heared and the doors burst open. A dozen soldiers poured into the house.

Wufei muttered something in Chinese when no one answered the door. He shot the lock off and kicked the doors open. The trainees went in first, guns ready. Wufei stepped into the house and looked up, only to find a blond haired male holding up a sword in fighting stance. Behind "him" was a woman with long, wavy aqua-marina colored hair. He mentally laughed; the poor boy had no chance against them.

"We don't have time for this," Wufei said, "get him."

`Get him,' Haruka thought. And then a light clicked on in her head. `He thinks I'm a man.' (An: Who wouldn't…? Sorry Haruka but it's true.)

Four trainees approached Haruka, ready to pounce. Haruka easily took them all out, slicing open their necks one by one.

Wufei unsheathed his Katana. This boy would make a good soldier. Haruka attacked first, aiming for his stomach. Wufei blocked, did a front flip over "his" head and held his Katana up to Michiru's neck.

Wufei snickered at Haruka. "I'm afraid your going to have to come with us whether you like it or not."

Haruka dropped her sword and held her hands up in surrender.

But Michiru would not go down easy. They had fought worse things than a couple of ignorant soldiers. She grabbed Wufei's wrist and twisted it. He dropped his Katana. Michiru quickly picked it up and held it to his throat. Wufei's eyes widened in surprise as he saw his own blade being pointed at him.

Haruka was no longer surrendering. She lunged at Trowa and did a kick flip, aiming for his head. `The boy has talent,' Trowa thought as he dodged and punched "him" in the stomach.

Haruka could have sworn the room was spinning. She knelt and held her stomach, as if it would make the pain go away. It was hard to breath and she closed her eyes. `Fuck,' was the only thing going through Haruka's head… along with a couple of other cuss words. Something hard hit her head. Haruka felt a trickle of blood slide down the side of her face. She looked over to Michiru, she was out cold on the ground, but she didn't look dead. Haruka's head swarmed as Wufei did another sidekick to her head. Haruka's world went black and she collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

Trowa tossed the "boy" over his left shoulder and followed Wufei out to the military trucks.

----------------------------->--------------------------< ---------------------------------

That's the end of this chapter. Wasn't it all so exciting? I made it longer for you people. So now that I've done something for you… can you please review. Even if you completely loathe it… please R&R. Isn't Wufei so evil? Someone has to be…. So I chose the woman hater. I'll write more soon. C YA L8R.

~Alicia

V0lc0mGRL007@hotmail.com

Or

SuperFreak013@charter.net