Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ I'll Save Myself ❯ Training ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'll Save Myself

Chapter Three

I don't own Sailor Moon or Gundam Wing. I don't own gods and generals. And I'm not going to say it again because it's really depressing.

^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^ ^

Haruka awoke to a splitting headache. She squeezed her eyes shut, hoping the pain would fade away. She reached her hand up to touch her forehead and found a band-aid near her hairline.

"Fuck," she said as she tried to sit up but found that it hurt too much.

Haruka rubbed the side of her head, hoping it would help. It only subsided a little. She opened her eyes and looked around. It was dark and her vision was blurry, but she could still make out the shapes in the room. She was sitting on a bed, or rather, the bottom of a bunk bed. Haruka tossed the blankets aside and put her feet on the freezing cold floor. Her legs were a little wobbly. How long have I been out? She looked around a bit more and found she was in a cabin, a really big cabin. She found that the rest of the bunks had sleeping men on them. She figured the alliance had mistaken her for a man and taken her.

Haruka sat back down on her bunk and fell fast asleep.

*****************************^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"WAKE UP!" Someone screamed into her ear.

Haruka sat up, slamming her head into the top bunk.

"Shit!" Haruka yelled as she held her head. She swore someone was banging a stick onto her head again and again and again.

"Come on man," A boy with spiky black hair said to her, "If we're not there in 40 seconds we're both going to be in BIG trouble."

The boy grabbed her wrist and hauled ass outside. Haruka widened her eyes at the sight of 200 men in perfect lines, waiting for their orders.

"Come on," he whispered to her. He led them to the back of one of the five lines. Haruka poked her head out of the line and saw a man in a uniform standing at attention at the very front of her line. He had to be a superior. His back was to her so she didn't really get a good view. A man on a horse galloped toward them. He went up and down the aisles, inspecting.

He steered the horse toward the front and shouted, " Citizen soldiers, I am Major General Matthews. I am here at the order of Major Johnston, commanding all alliance forces. You are here to rid the Earth and colonies of Treiz. We will not allow him to march into the colonies and tyrannize our people! It is not with joy or a light heart that we welcome this war. The Johnston Administration has required us to make five regiments! Tell them we have done so! Dismissed!"

Haruka grunted. She wouldn't fight for them. This was not her battle. She couldn't have cared less.

A young woman in uniform stepped forward and saluted them. "I am Luitenant Lucrezia Noin! You've just been separated into your barracks. The men you see in front of you are the ones superior to you! Take their orders respectfully! Your training as military soldiers will begin, now." She motioned to the five men standing ahead of them and they passed out slips to everyone. "Your classes will be according to your barracks leader. Dismissed!"

Haruka finally got a good look at her `superior.' His bangs covered half of his face leaving one glistening emerald eye in the morning sun. Haruka gasped. It was one of the men who had attacked her house back in Tokyo. A silent death promise was made then and there.

"Yo." The boy from earlier waved a hand in front of her face. "Didn't you hear what they just said?"

"Huh?" Haruka cocked an eyebrow.

"It's warm ups right now." He pointed toward his schedule. "We have to go run laps. Come on." He motioned for her to follow him.

Haruka looked at her schedule as she was walking.

05:00 Optional breakfast

06:00 Warm Ups

08:00 First Aid

10:00 Weapons

12:00 Lunch

13:00 Piloting

15:00 Computers & Tech

17:00 Hand-Hand Combat

19:00 Battle tactics

21:00 Dinner

23:00 Curfew

Haruka stuffed it back into her pockets. "I don't take orders."

"What?" the boy stared in disbelief.

Haruka stayed quiet. She hated to repeat herself.

The boy stopped walking and stood in front of her. "If you don't, they'll shoot you. Didn't you hear about the other men?"

Haruka glared at him. " I was unconscious."

"You two!" One of the guys in uniforms addressed them. "What are you doing?"

The boy froze as the `superior' approached them. "Uh, sir, we were, uh, talking, sir." He hoped that was the right thing to say.

Haruka recognized the `superior' right away. He was that Chinese man with the katana. Before she could stop herself, Haruka blurted out, "You fucking asshole."

"What?!" The Chinese man unsheathed his katana and held it up to Hanukah's neck. "Repeat what you just said."

Fuck, Fuck, Fuck, she thought. She didn't want to die; she had to get back home to Michiru and Hotaru.

"Well?" The Chinese man prompted.

Haruka said nothing.

He snickered. "Chicken… An extra mile for both of you, go!"

The boy ran off and Haruka joined him. No matter, she'd be done in a couple of minutes. Running was her best talent.

Haruka arrived back at the field with only a couple of guys ahead of her; they had gotten a head start. For the rest of warm ups they did push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, etc.

Haruka made her way toward a rather large cabin-looking building. That was First Aid. As she walked into the room she spotted the boy from earlier. She climbed the stairs and sat next to him. (Stadium styled seating.)

Everyone else was all ready there, piled into the seats when the teacher arrived. He had sandy-blond hair and bright blue eyes. He couldn't have been any older than she was.

She got a rather shocking surprise when she entered the weapons classroom. Her instructor was the Chinese man. She had done nothing but glare at him from the start. Only moments away from the class ending, the Chinese man approached her. She stood and saluted him; the other option was getting shot…

"Sir." She addressed him.

"Gentlemen," he began, " If you are going to succeed at this institution, you have one common goal: to learn your lessons. I had hoped you'd see that with a proper grasp of the artillery of principles I've laid before you today, you would earn to apply these principles with great effectiveness in your field experiences. But," He looked her directly in the eye, "Since you seem unable to grasp these principles, I'm afraid I must repeat this lesson tomorrow, word for word." He let a small smile escape from his lips as Haruka clenched her fist. "Word for word."

The lesson had been boring enough; he had gone on and on about injustice, justice, and how superior men were to women. Now she had to listen to it again. Instructor Chang = Asshole.

Piloting was rather interesting. The instructor, Duo Maxwell, reminded her of Usagi and Mina. He was really… fun. He reminded her of a hippie to, with that funky braid he had. Haruka could tell that it would be her favorite.

Computers & Tech, taught by Instructor Andrews, was as boring as Hell.

Haruka never had much interest in computers…

Haruka walked into the gym, with Chris not far behind her. The instructor was a boy who only looked maybe a year older than her, like all of the others. He had messy brown hair and dark, Persian blue eyes. Usagi would be going crazy right now.

The trainees stood in perfect rows, at attention. Haruka was only a couple of seconds late. As quietly as she could, she made her way to the back of the line.

"You." Instructor Yuy called her up to the front. Haruka walked up casually, ready for yelling and screaming about how late she was. "Do you have much experience in hand to hand combat?"

It seemed like a stupid question to her, of course she did. "Yeah," she replied.

Her instructor cocked an eyebrow.

Haruka stood straight, realizing what she'd done. "Yes, sir."

Yuy took a fighting stance. "Show me."

Haruka crouched, ready for an attack. He didn't move. She took the chance, lunging forward; she managed to graze his cheek with her fist. Heero dodged, and did a sidekick, aiming for `his' waist. Haruka dodged, but quickly realized her mistake when he grabbed her elbow, twisted it and held it behind her back. His other arm circled her neck. Haruka gasped as her air supply was cut off. She tried, with her free arm, to loosen his grip, but he was too strong. Just as she thought she was going to die, he let go and she fell to her knees, gasping for air.

For the rest of that class she had fought other trainees, which was rather easy. She had glanced at Yuy a couple of times though. How could it be possible that he was the stronger one?

Finally, her last class, Battle Tactics. Haruka was tired from that last class, and hungry. Two hours of combat wasn't exactly her idea of fun. She didn't even remember being this tired after fighting Mistress Nine. She sauntered into the room and dragged herself to a seat near the front.

The instructor was the boy with the bangs and green eyes. He introduced himself as Instructor Barton. The words he was saying became a blur as Haruka fell fast asleep on the desktop.

Trowa was about to dismiss the class when he noticed a blond haired boy lean over his desk, fast asleep. Not stimulating enough? Trowa thought. He flipped open his pocket knife and slammed in into the desk, between her index finger and middle finger.

Haruka immediately woke up but didn't move when she saw the knife between her fingers, threatening to draw some blood. She looked up to find Instructor Barton staring blankly at her.

"What your name, trainee?" he asked her.

"Haruka Tenoh," She paused before saying, "Sir."

"Well, Haruka," he said, "If you place your energies elsewhere, you will not succeed either with me or in you career as a soldier."

He took the knife out of the desk and walked back up to the front. "Dismissed."

^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^^*****^^^^ ^

That's all for this chapter folks!! Please R&R, and thanx to all the have all ready.

~ Alicia