Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Missing Sibling ❯ Missing Sibling III ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey everyone, I'm glad that you liked my last chapter.

I will give thanks to my two reviewers for this story, Serendipity and _________

Can't connect at the time, so I'm apologizing for taking so long to get this chapter out. I hope that you enjoy what I've decided to write. I hope that it's unexpected, here you go.

***Missing Sibling III***

Last time

Yuuichirou left for the day, and they went inside the shrine and started the study group. No one really said anything during it, but they did finish all of their homework. Everyone walked to Usagi's house, and what they found, they were not expecting!

They had all been talking to one another, so they didn't notice any of the signs that come with what had happened. The group walked in an odd, but familiar, order. In the front, Usagi and Trowa were walking with Trowa remaining silent and Usagi talking non-stop. Next was Michiru and Quatre who were having a polite conversation about music. Ami and Haruka were walking with them, but both were remaining silent. Neither felt the need to talk were their excuses. After them, Rei and Wufei were having a heated argument about women being weak. A short distance behind them were Makoto and Duo who were both flirting with the other. Next came Minako and Hiiro. Minako had decided to make it her duty to bring the boy out of his shell. Hotaru was walking beside him silently giggling every now and then when Minako would mess up on common phrases.

The first person to notice that something was wrong was Usagi. She saw the dark cloud in the sky, and stood for a moment following it to its source. As soon as she realized that it was smoke from HER house that was in the air, she flew down the street. In the time that she had stopped to examine the strange cloud in the sky, the entire group had stopped to see what was wrong. They had nearly tumbled over Trowa and Usagi when they had both just stopped in the middle of the sidewalk.

Before anyone else registered what was happening, Usagi had already run in the direction of her house. As soon as everyone realized that her house was burning down, they followed her. By the time that they got there, Usagi had already run past the fireman and into her home. None of the girls could get past the firemen, but they created the perfect distraction so that Trowa was able to run in after his twin.

When he got into the house, he found Usagi laying on the floor in the living room. She was clutching something in her arms, and her eyes were blank. She didn't seem to be registering anything around her such as the fact that the house was up in flames. He immediately walked over to her and picked her up. Carrying her outside, he was immediately surrounded by paramedics. They took Usagi to the ambulance and a few of her friends and Trowa rode with them.

Meanwhile, Hiiro, Duo and Wufei stayed behind to find out what had happened. Trowa and Quatre had gone with the girls and Usagi. Actually, only Ami, Trowa, and Quatre rode with Usagi. Haruka, Michiru, Rei, Hotaru, Makoto and Minako rode in Haruka's car following right behind the ambulance.

***At Usagi's house***

While the fire was being put out, the boys stood out of the way. When the fire was out, they went to the man who was in charge. The first person to speak was the fireman who said, "May I help you young men?"

All three of the boys looked pretty serious, but only one of them showed any emotion at all. That was the one who answered the fireman's request to help them. He was serious, but also a bit cheerful when he said, "What happened here? Do you know?"

The fireman gave a weak smile at his bit of cheerfulness, but it melted away into a frown as he said, "We believe that it was a gas fire, but none of us are sure. There are three casualties, and the girl that ran in there might be injured, but we don't know. The three casualties have been identified by a neighbor as the residence. They were Mrs. Ikuko Tsukino, Mr. Kenji Tsukino, and their son, Shingo Tsukino. The neighbor told us that they have a teenage daughter, and a newly found teenage son that had been missing since he was two, but neither of them were found in the fire."

Duo nodded and said, "The girl that had run in there was their daughter, Usagi Tsukino, and the boy that went after her was her twin brother, Trowa Tsukino. Thank you for your help, don't worry about telling them about their families, my friends and I will do that."

The fireman nodded and thanked them for being the ones to tell the girl and boy that obviously both just became orphans. He just thought about this and said, "Where will they be staying, should we call someone to get them?"

Duo shook his head and said, "They will be staying with Quatre Winner at his estate here in town."

The fireman was shocked at this news. They knew Quatre Winner, the rich teenage boy with twenty-nine sisters! That was amazing, but they didn't have to worry about accommodations. The fireman nodded, and since the others had finished loading up the fire truck, he got on and they left. Duo turned to Hiiro and said, "I guess we get to use your car to go to the hospital and tell Trowa that a day after he finally found his family, he lost them. At least he still had his sister. That was more than most of them could say, well, at least three out of five.

They went to Hiiro's car that had been left here before going to the school. They knew that they would be accompanying the girls' back to the house, so they didn't worry about taking the cars.

At the hospital, they didn't hook anything up to Usagi because they could tell that she was just in shock about her house. They did, however, put her in a room to rest. Trowa absolutely refused to leave her side, but Quatre went to the waiting room to wait for the others. The girls', however, had left to their own homes a short while ago. Some had to be dragged away while others did the dragging.

Inside the room, Trowa sat beside her bed. While he didn't show it on the outside, he was extremely worried about his newfound twin. He didn't show anything outside, but inside, he was more worried than a mother would be in this situation.

In the waiting room, Quatre didn't stop pacing, and when he heard a voice, he just ignored it. The voice said, "Hey Q-man! Why are you pacing like that?"

Quatre glanced up at the three that entered, and just went on pacing. Finally he stopped and looked at them again. Both Hiiro and Wufei had folded their arms and were leaning up against the wall at one place or another while Duo had sat down at the couch, and was watching his blond friend in worry.

Finally, he said, "Usagi hasn't woken up yet. They said that she has no major burns, but Trowa refuses to leave her side. They said that she's gone into shock and may be out for days. They don't know why a simple house fire would put someone into shock, but that is all that they can think of."

Duo nodded and thought for a moment, but just as he made a realization, Wufei beat him to saying it aloud. Wufei said, "She most likely saw her own family members laying on the ground dead."

Quatre gasped and looked at him in disbelief. Trowa's and Usagi's families were gone! Two days after he found them, and all but one of them were gone. He didn't know how Trowa or Usagi were going to take this. Quatre knew that his friend, the Silencer as he is called by some, wouldn't show too much emotion, but he didn't know what to expect from Usagi.

Duo seemed to remember something and said, "I almost forgot. I told the fireman that they both would be staying with you, is that ok?"

Quatre nodded still in thought. He knew what the braided pilot of the Deathscythe said, but he didn't care. He knew that the two would probably have ended up staying with him, but he didn't mind. Actually, he wouldn't have it any other way.

Quatre finally came out of his thoughts and said, "So who's going to tell them?"

"'Who's going to tell whom' what?" A voice asked from the doorway of the waiting room. The occupants turned only to see Usagi and Trowa both standing there.

Immediately, Quatre went to Usagi's side and said, "You should go back to the room. We don't know if you're ok?"

Usagi gave him a smile and said, "I'm ok, you don't have to worry about me. But what were you talking about?"

The boys looked to Trowa who they all knew that he knew what was going on, and he just shook his head to them. Usagi didn't notice this, so Quatre said, "After you get out of your house, you're going to be staying with me and the boys. Is that ok?"

Usagi smiled at him and said, "That would be ok, but what about my family?"

She didn't notice the look of distress on Quatre's face because Duo immediately took her attention by saying, "Don't worry about them, they're already taken care of."

Usagi accepted this answer, and yawned before saying, "I'm tired, I…think…I'll…go…to…" she didn't finish her words because she had literally fallen asleep standing. She went to fall to the floor, but Trowa caught her.

He took her to the room, and laid her on the bed. She had her own room because that was the only room that they had available.

She was asleep for another day before she woke up. Apparently, she had no memory of what happened at the fire. She remembered the fire, but she didn't remember what she saw when she went in the room, or at least she didn't remember when she woke up.

Quatre had been the one voted to tell Usagi what had happened. This was a hard task for him, but they all seemed to agree that he would be the best choice.

Usagi was awake, and they would be going home as soon as Trowa finished the paperwork, so that was how long he had to tell her. Usagi looked at him for a moment before she said, "What's wrong, Quatre-kun?"

Normally, he would have blushed at such an endearment, but he didn't this time because he had the feeling that after he told her the news, she wouldn't want to talk to him. He thought for a moment on how to tell her this, and decided to see if she remembered anything by asking, "Usagi, what happened? I mean, what is the last thing that you remember before waking up in the hospital?"

Usagi thought for a moment before she said, "Well, we were walking home from the study session, and I looked up from talking to Trowa, and I saw black smoke coming from my house. I ran to see what was happening, and then I ran into the house. I don't remember much from that time to waking up, it seems to be blurry in my mind."

Quatre nodded and again thought for a moment before saying, "I was afraid of that. None of us are sure what you saw in there, but you may or may not remember. I'm here to tell you something that you may not be too happy to hear. Your parents and brother both died in that fire. Because they died, they aren't too sure about what happened, but they believe that it was a gas fire, so the explosion was quick and they didn't have time to get out."

Usagi sat there in thought. She had no idea what to do about this, and she knew that if she said anything, she would snap at anyone or anything. She wished that her friends were there.

She hadn't realized that she said it out loud until Quatre said, "They are outside waiting, or at least the two who aren't in school are. Would you like to see them?"

She smiled brightly before saying, "I would love too!"

Quatre nodded, and in about a minute Trowa walked in followed closely by Haruka and Michiru. Trowa took his spot in vigilance beside her bed while Haruka and Michiru walked over to her to give her a hug each.

Haruka was the first person to speak saying, "I'm so sorry, Koneko-chan! Are you ok?"

Usagi gave them one of her famous smiles and said, "I'm ok."

Michiru and Haruka didn't let her know that they could tell she was lying. It was way too obvious since Usagi wasn't good at lying, she avoided their gazes, and she seemed uptight about it. They were all the signs of a lie. Michiru was the next person to speak. She said, "Usagi, we have to go to work, and Hotaru will be getting out of school soon, so we need to go."

Usagi nodded and said, "Come and visit me again."

They nodded, and as they left, Trowa said, "The doctors will let us leave, so I will leave you to pack up."

Usagi smiled as he walked out, but as soon as he did, she started to cry. He knew that she was crying, but he didn't disturb her.

Meanwhile, out in the waiting room, Haruka and Michiru hadn't left just yet. They were talking to the two friendly people of the group of four, Quatre and Duo.

Michiru said, "I want you to watch her very close. She may act like it didn't get to her, but it did."

Haruka also said, "You better keep her safe. If anything happens to her, I will hunt all of you down, and kill you myself. Understand?"

Duo smiled and said, "With Trowa around, you don't have to worry about it."

Quatre turned to Michiru and said, "Why are you so worried about her?"

"Because," Michiru said turning from Duo to Quatre, "she is sensitive, and I have a bad feeling that she will do something stupid."

Duo turned serious again, "What do you mean by 'something stupid'?"

Michiru frowned and said, "Exactly what I said."

Quatre and Duo both nodded realizing what she was saying. At that time, Trowa walked into the room, and the two left for whatever it was that they had to do.

Trowa turned to Quatre and said, "Five minutes."

Quatre knew what he was saying, he was basically saying, 'we leave in five minutes.' He went out to the car and got it ready. Sure enough, five minutes later, they were leaving. It was a long drive from the hospital to Quatre's house, and Usagi fell asleep.

***In her dream***

Usagi was walking home, it was dark outside, and there was a storm. She started running to her house when she saw dark smoke rising from it in the sky.

When she got to the house, it was up in flames. There was no one else around, and she ran into the house. What she saw made her collapse.

There in her own house, was her family. Shingo was laying by the couch, her mother was in the kitchen, and her father was at the table. They were all passed out, and she went from one to the other feeling for a pulse. None of the three had any pulse, and she collapsed to the floor crying. They were all dead, and now she was alone.

At that time, she felt someone picking her up, but she didn't even look to see who it was. She already knew, and just before she passed out, she had one last thought, 'I'm not alone, he's still here.'

***End Dream***

When she woke up, she woke with a start. She sat up immediately, and took a look around. She was in a large room that was scarcely furnished. There was a dresser to her left, a tall boy to the right on the front wall, and next to it; there was a door that she assumed led out into the house. There was her bed, which was a king size from what she could tell, and it had a canopy with curtains that would close if she untied them. To her right, there were French doors that led out to a balcony.

She couldn't see anything but stars and the moon outside of that window from her view. That was also when she realized that there was someone sitting at the side of her bed. She looked and said, "Why are you here?"

"Because I could hear you from my room," was the answer of no one less than her host himself, Quatre. "What were you dreaming about?"

Usagi frowned and pretended to think for a moment before saying, "I don't remember."

He knew that she was lying, but didn't say anything. He finally got up and said, "I guess that I'll be going. Oyasumi nasai."

Just before he walked out of the door, Usagi said, "Oyasumi nasai, Quatre-san."

Quatre turned to her and smiled. He was happy that she was still speaking to him, but he wasn't happy that she was lying, and pretending to be happy when she wasn't.

The next morning, Usagi woke up at four-thirty in the morning. This was surprising to her; she even beat the servants as to how early she woke up. She decided that she would do a bit of exploring, if she remembered correctly, the house was huge.

She walked down the halls, turning here and there, and before she knew it, she was completely lost. Not to say that she wasn't when she started, but now there was no possible way for her to find her way.

She had been walking around for about an hour before she found some stairs. She went down to find herself in front of the front door. Boy was she happy, and she decided that she would stay there.

About two hours later, she had discovered the small library in a room to the left of the living room that she had been shown too the first time that she was there. She had been reading a book the entire time, surprisingly enough, but it was the only thing that she could find to do.

It was strange, but she thought that she had heard her name called about ten minutes previous to this, and all of the sudden, all five of the boys rushed into the little library. She looked up at them in surprise before saying, "What's wrong? You guys look horrible."

Quatre and Duo both breathed a sigh of relief while the other three found different spots to stand against the wall. Quatre explained what was wrong, "Well, Usagi-san, when we woke up about a half hour ago, we couldn't find you anywhere. We've been looking for you since then."

Usagi raised her eyebrows in amusement before saying, "You've been looking for me for a half hour, and you just found me? I've been here the entire time."

Duo smiled and said, "How were we supposed to know! Well, I guess I can go eat some breakfast."

Quatre said, "Why don't we all go get some breakfast?"

Everyone nodded, or grunted in Hiiro's case, at the idea of food. None of them had eaten the night before because of all of the commotion. At that time, Rashid, the man Usagi recognized as the person who answered the door a few days previous to the accident, came into the room saying, "Quatre-sama, breakfast is ready when you are."

Quatre smiled at him and said, "Thank you Rashid, we will be there shortly."

Rashid nodded and left. Quatre turned to everyone else and said, "Shall we go?"

Everyone nodded and left the room. Breakfast was silent, and Duo couldn't take it, so he finally said, "So, what are we doing today?"

Quatre said, "Well, I will be doing some work here, but you guys may want to go do something else."

"Hn," was all that Hiiro said. He basically was going to work on his gundam, but he wouldn't say that.

"…" is what Trowa said. No one had any idea what he was going to do, but they didn't really bother him.

"Practice," Wufei said almost quietly.

"Ah! Wu-man! You can't be serious! All you ever do is practice!" Duo said in almost a whine.

"Maxwell!" Wufei said with a very noticeable warning in his voice.

Wufei looked up at him and said, "What Wu-man?"

"DON'T CALL ME WU-MAN! MY NAME IS WUFEI!" and with that, he picked up his katana and started chasing Duo around the room.

Usagi stared at the two in amazement. Quatre thought that she was staring because of the chasing, and said, "They do this all the time, you might want to get used to it."

By the time that he had said that, Usagi had gotten over the shock of seeing the two running around like maniacs. Now she was staring at the sword. It was the perfect thing for her, and she found that it would be best to use.

She knew that all of them were doing different things, and wouldn't be watching her. So now was the best time to join those who she lost.

After breakfast, Wufei went into the gym to train, Quatre went to his office to finish his work, Hiiro and Trowa both disappeared, and Duo went off to find some food. Usagi went to her room and waited until the time was right.

She had figured out that all of the boys' rooms were close by to hers. Quatre's was across from hers, Trowa's was three doors down from Quatre's, Duo's was across from Trowa's and Wufei's and Hiiro's were in the same order, just opposite of hers and Quatre's.

She had been waiting for Wufei to take a shower, and when he did, she sneaked into his room. By the time that he had gone to take a shower, everyone was done with whatever they were doing, and were in the living room talking about who knows what.

Once she was in the room, she walked over to where she saw the sword was, and picked it up. She just wanted to escape this punishment that she was being dealt. She wanted to join her parents, but she knew that if she did this, she would most likely never see them again. She felt that she needed to be punished for allowing her parents and brother such painful deaths.

It was finally time to be punished for all of the lives she allowed to be taken. In her mind, she listed all of the names of people she let down, and this is about it, Jedaite, Nephlyte, Zoisite, Kunzite, Beryl, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, (I'm sorry, but names seem to be escaping me at the moment. Enter in all of those who died in third and fourth season here), Sailor Iron Mouse, Sailor Aluminum Siren, Sailor Lead Crow, Sailor Tin Nyanko, her mother, father, and brother. Way too many people died because of her incompetence.

She was ready, it was now or never. She lifted the sword, and was about to repeat her past life, just for different reasons when…

To be continued………

I'm sorry everyone, but this story is already longer in three chapters than some of my stories put together. I hope that you enjoyed it, so review, review, review. If you want more, give me some ideas. In the next chapter, the person of who is with Usagi will be revealed. Give some votes.

I will get the next chapter out as soon as possible, but I would really appreciate some reviews.