Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ To Break the Cycle ❯ Lost Little Boy ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This was bound to happen sooner or later and you know it. With all the crossovers we've been reading, we definitely knew it. I wonder if you're reading this Bonnie. Please don't kill us. If you do, we can't finish this and Aqua can't buy tapes. Anyway, Sailor Moon is based on the manga version big time. There are major references to the 18th volume in this chapter but we made it as clear as possible. The Gundam Wing part starts in Episode 20 "Smuggling, Moon Base." That's the episode right after Hiiro rescues Duo from OZ. If you still can't remember it's the episode where Deathscythe is blown up by Trowa. So anyway, enjoy the story.

To Break the Cycle
By Alecto and Aqua~Azn
Prologue
Rating: PG
Email: Alecto - Chiba_Ohiko@yahoo.com
Aqua~Azn - XP Not telling ya, bother Alecto.
Website: Alecto - www.angelfire.com/anime2/sunrise

"There will be a day when we will disappear…if new Sailor Senshi…new stars are not born. Sailor Moon, you definitely…will never vanish. You will forever be the most beautiful…the most brilliant star."
- Mamoru; Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Manga, Volume 18, Act 52-STARS 10

So many long years had passed. No, not years, but centuries. She stroked her tier sadly, running her fingers down the silver length. She stopped as she reached the first of the nine gems that were embedded right below the gold and silver orb that topped her staff. She turned her head away. Aino Minako and Sailor Venus, the leader of the Inner Sailor Senshi, she and her powers would forever be immortalized in Sailor Cosmos, just like the rest of her Sailor Senshi.

The stones that each Sailor Senshi, both Inners and Outers, wore on their tiaras in life was set in her staffs. It was a symbol of their loyalty to her, even after their deaths. The Uchusuisho, or Crystal of the Universe, was a merge of the Ginzhoshou and the Golden Crystal. They were all gone. Even if their powers and Star Seeds were given to her, she was all alone.

*Flashback*
The Imperial Court of Crystal Tokyo gathered in the main throne room. It was a grand chamber of beautiful and ancient splendor. The Court milled about with little idea as to why they were called together so unexpectedly. Already rumors of rebellion and attack were beginning to circulate the different social circles. Such was expected. It was one of the drawbacks of rule by absolute monarchy. Sadly though, this time, these rumors were true, at least to an extent.

Sailor Pluto bowed before Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endymion. "Your Majesties, Sailor Chaos has arrived. She has already commenced an attack on the northern Crystal Point. Our shields won't be able to hold her and her forces back for much longer."

Serenity reached over and grasped her husband's hand tightly for comfort. A murmur arose from the court. This had been an unexpected turn of events. "Sailor Senshi, stand forth." Serenity requested in her most regal voice. The eight other Sailor Senshi stepped forward from the crowd and kneeled before the thrones of their Queen and King. "Sailor Senshi, are you prepared to defend your city?"

Princess Minako of Venus, or known more simply as Sailor Venus, answered without hesitation. "Our lives are in your hand Serenity-sama."

"Go, Sailor Senshi, make me proud." Serenity stated quietly. "Court is dismissed. Go home to your families and reassure them. Sailor Mars, Sailor Uranus, I leave the troops to your command."

The court bowed in unison. A murmur of prayers and blessings were heard and exchanged. The members of the Imperial Court of Crystal Tokyo filed out of the throne room, leaving only the King, Queen, and the Sailor Senshi.

"We'll kick Chaos' ass to the ends of the universe and back." Sailor Jupiter cheered. Sailor Uranus slapped her a high five.

"We will be leaving now Serenity-sama." Sailor Saturn motioned to the others. The Sailor Senshi bowed once more before leaving the grand room.

"Please come back safely minna." Serenity muttered as she sought solace in her husband's embrace.

"Don't worry, Sere, we'll win. We always do." Endymion whispered.

*Flash*

"Minna!" Serenity's soul shattering scream echoed through the desolate and dead city. She dropped to her knees. They had lost. "You lied. You said you would always be there for me." She sobbed brokenly.

"Sere!" Sailor Mars, whom everyone thought was dead, knocked Serenity away from a stray blast.

"Rei-chan!" Serenity gasped as she grasped her bleeding friend. "NO!!! I hate this! I hate not being able to fight!"

"Mama." Serenity turned to her daughter, her daughter who was unusually quiet even in such a situation. Usagi Small Lady Serenity, the Crown Princess of Crystal Tokyo, stood as proudly as she could among the ruins of their once glorious city. "I'm going to fight Mama. Please be careful. I'm going to fight for the people, you, Papa," Her cinnamon eyes wandered over to where her father had died. "For Hotaru-chan." The Soldier of Destruction had fallen defending her best friend. Chibi-Usa willed herself to transform without words. Sailor Moon once again arose to battle.

"No!" Serenity cried after her daughter. "It's hopeless. You can't leave me." She ended in a whisper.

Mars coughed slightly in Serenity's lap. "She's really your daughter Sere. She's as pig-headed, stubborn, loving, and as caring as you. That damn Pluto, I thought she said we would have eternal peace after the Dark Moon. Stupid Guardian of Time failed to tell us this little detail."

Tears came to her eyes at the thought of Pluto. She had been the first to die. She was ashamed for not telling Serenity or any of her fellow senshi about what was to come. "Our deaths shall bring upon the birth of Sailor Cosmos. As long as you are Queen, you cannot fight for us, or for yourself. Only one being in the universe, that is you but only as Sailor Cosmos, can defeat Chaos. I'm sorry my Queen, that it must end this way. I shall have to atone for my sins against you and my comrades in the next life." With those words, she threw herself into a hopeless battle against Sailor Chaos's minions.

"Rei-chan, we were supposed to be together. We didn't defy life and death for it to end like this. I don't want to be alone."

"Baka!" Mars snapped. "We're always by your side, even if you can't see us. What happened to you? You used to be so courageous and righteous. Where is the courage that so many admired?"

Serenity squeezed her eyes shut. "It's gone. I lost something precious when I became Queen. I couldn't even transform into Eternal Sailor Moon anymore. What good is being a Queen if you can't even fight for and save the ones you love?"

Mars reached for her tiara and took out the red stone. The symbol of Mars flashed briefly within its fiery depth. Mars reverted back to Hino Rei, a quickly dying Hino Rei. She pressed the gem into Serenity's palm and stared her fiercely in the eye. "I do solemnly and forever swear my loyalty and powers to my Queen and best friend. Even in death, I shall stand by her side evermore. I've given you the power Odango, now use it."

Serenity stared at the gem. She didn't know what to do with it. She looked up to find Sailor Chaos standing right before her, Sailor Moon nearly dead at her feet. "Chibi-Usa!" Serenity screamed.

"Mama…Aishiteru. I'll be joining Papa." Chibi-Usa opened the broach and summoned the Pink Moon Crystal. "Take it Mama. Take it and defeat Chaos. Just promise me you'll find that something precious you're missing."

Chaos laughed and shoved the sharp heel of her boot into Moon's heart. Moon's lifeless eyes stared defiantly at her nemesis, even in death. Chaos loomed over the Moon Queen, mocking the woman simply with her presence. Her body was ever shifting between the different forms of the Sailor Senshi of the solar system. One thing always remained the same though. Her face was always an abysmal void of darkness.

Chaos raised a hand, dark energy gathering around it. "Your time and reign is long past. Time to die Neo-Queen." She allowed the energy to fly.

Serenity did nothing to defend or retaliate. Only thoughts of rejoining her friends and family ran through her mind. The blast, however, never came. She looked up to see the spirit of Endymion hovering protectively over her. "Endy…"

"Live Serenity, live and find happiness, even if it's not with us." Endymion handed his Golden Crystal to Serenity.

"Like I said, our lives are in your hand." Venus presented her stone to Serenity. " The Goddess of Love doesn't die that easily! We gotta finish this!"

Mars' spirit stepped forward. "Get up off that lazy ass of yours. We have a battle to win."

"Come on Sere!" Jupiter cheered as she gave Serenity her stone. " Where is your beautiful smile?"

"Never give up. Isn't that what you taught us?" Mercury took Serenity's hand gently and helped Serenity to her feet.

"You're never alone Koneko-chan. You were always there for us and we'll always be there for you." Uranus clutched Neptune's hand gently.

Neptune nodded. "We've lived our lives but yours is just beginning again. Make the best of it."

"Serenity-sama, you once complained that you had no control over your own life." Pluto shook her head sadly. "You were right. Fate practically dictated every step of your life. With our deaths, however, you are freed from that vicious cycle. The Time Gates is sealed now unless you choose otherwise. Take the rein and make your own destiny."

"It saddens me to think we were the ones who held you back all these centuries." Saturn grasped her glaive to the point it might break. "Perhaps it is better this way, we are all freed from Fate's grasp. But the debt I owe you in this life, I shall have to repay in the next."

Chibi-Usa wrapped her arms around Serenity in a tight hug. "I guess humanity will have to fight for peace. Peace is not something easily attained nor is it something given to you on a silver platter. You may find that the most dangerous enemy is the human heart." Her eyes were glazed over in a trance. Serenity had the feeling her daughter had somehow parted the veils of Time and was observing a possible future in the making. "I can understand Chaos having such harmful intents, but humans, who are capable of so much good, should wage war against each other? Mama, never think you are powerless in such situations. Just because you are a Sailor Senshi meant to fight evil doesn't mean you can't fight human evil in your own way. Humanity had already turned from us."

Serenity reached out to touch her daughter's cheeks but could never come close. "You've grown up so much. How much did I miss?"

Tears came to Chibi-Usa's eyes at Serenity's words. As a child, she had resented the lack of attention from her parents, as any child would. She never realized it had hurt her mother just as much as her. "You didn't miss anything. You were watching me grow up all along, even if you didn't know it."

Serenity stared helplessly as the spirits of her senshi began to flicker out of existence. She reached out but only touched the stale and decaying air.

"Goodbye, Usako. Please keep on living for us." Endymion said. All of her senshi began to say their farewells until they faded away completely.

Then, Serenity began to glow in a silver light. Soon the gems in her hands began to glow their respective colors. The stones shoot towards Serenity. Chaos was staring at Serenity while she was glowing. Soon there was a bright flash, and Chaos scream in an inhuman manner. When the flash of light disappear, in the place of Serenity stood a new Sailor Senshi. Her hair was held up in heart shaped buns with two rivers of silver flowing to the ground. On her forehead was a slender eight-pointed golden star. Her fuku was entirely silver and white with a hint of gold here and there. A long moonlight cape trailed from her slender shoulders. A pair of white high heels with a wing-like design protruding out of the back adorned her feet. In her hand was a long slender staff, topped with a gold and silver orb and wing-like designs.

"Who the hell are you? Where is that moon brat?" Chaos screamed.

People dealt with grief in three basic steps. There was denial, sorrow, and then, there was anger.

"I am Sailor Cosmos, guardian of the universe and all that is holy. I cannot allow your continued existence." Sailor Cosmos stated calmly. Her eyes gazed uncharacteristically coldly at Chaos. Anger and hatred not typical of her burned deep within her soul.

"Sailor Cosmos? The legendary Sailor Senshi?" Chaos laughed and threw its head back. "You think you can defeat me?"

Cosmos didn't reply. She simply hefted her staff into the air. The Uchusuisho shone with an ethereal light meant to cast out evil.

Chaos stepped back. She had not expected this, much less the birth of a new senshi. Her shadow minions melted into the ground and vanished. They could not withstand the holy power of the Uchusuisho. Chaos hissed and attempted to lash out at Cosmos. She hit a wall of light and pulled back, screaming in pain. "This is not the end!" She howled and vanished in a cloud of darkness.

Sailor Cosmos took out the ten gems that her senshi, husband, and daughter gave her. "Before I leave, I must do one last thing. You have postponed all your dreams and protected me ever since the Silver Millennium. You have never actually live out your dreams due to your destiny tied to mine. I shall release you from this vicious cycle you have lived through again and again and allow you to live out your dreams in your next life." Sailor Cosmos whispered.

She closed her eyes, and the eight-point star and the gems began to glow. From the ten gems, ten smaller diamond-shaped stones shot out. Each held the soul of a senshi. "Your Star Seeds are now separate from the Sailor Crystals that binds your lives to me." Sailor Cosmos said. The ten Star Seeds disappear into thin air. Sailor Cosmos lifted her staff into the air and began her pursuit of Chaos.
*End of Flashback*

Chaos had been right. It still wasn't over, over three thousand years and it still had not ended. She had run away in time, back to the time of Eternal Sailor Moon. She had gone back into a time where she had been alone, like she was now, and needed companionship. She had only gone back to find out how much weaker she had become. Eternal Sailor Moon had a resilient and never-dying courage that she no longer possessed. How could she lose something like that so easily?

When she had returned to her rightful time, nearly all life on Earth had been eradicated. Chaos grew bored of Earth and had moved onto other planets in the galaxy. She would have to follow Chaos and help the other Sailor Senshi of the galaxy combat this ultimate evil. She was hesitant to leave Earth, the blue star she had cared for and ruled for over a thousand years, the blue star where she had grown up and raised a family on, the blue star where she was reunited with her love and her best friends. She vowed she would always return to this precious planet should it ever be in need of aid. In her heart, Earth would always be her one true home.

Now Chaos had come back to Earth and Cosmos was never far behind in her never-ending pursuit.

~~~

Cosmos could help but stare in awe at her surroundings. The music, the lights, it was all so overwhelming. They, the people of Earth, had brought life back to the moon. The Moon Base was just incredible to her.

Cosmos brushed back a bang of silver hair. She tugged uncomfortably at the school uniform she hadn't worn in the last few millenniums. It was the best thing she could do to blend it.

Everything had changed. People lived in colonies in space, unbelievable technology and the development of Mobile Suits and weapons that were not around when she was Queen. Here and there she heard bits of conversations that she could not comprehend; peace at last, Gundam pilots, OZ, unification of the colonies, and the end of war.

She was happy. Though the war she waged was not over, these people had their peace. She was happy for them. She just wanted to jump up and shout in delight. It was good to be among normal people for a change. She approached the fountain in the center of the mall. She twirled around, laughed happily. Other people watched the brilliant girls, smiling to themselves. They knew exactly how she felt. Decades of war were finally over.

~~~

Hiiro stuck his hands deep into his pocket. His mind already whirling with plans now that he was on the moon. He strode solemnly through the main level of the mall. He ignored the tourists and people all around him. They had no idea what was really going on. OZ only sought to use them and they fell head over heels so easily. Most of all, the Gundam pilots were far from finished.

His thoughts lingered back to the by he had left behind in the colonies. He had meant to kill Duo Maxwell, Pilot 02, yet he did not. He had saved the boy and allowed him to live another day besides the fact Duo now was a jeopardy to his missions, an unneeded and disposable risk factor.

A twinkling laughter resonated through the brightly lit shopping center. It was like silver bells. He was compelled to turn around and see who was so jovial. He looked and couldn't tear his eyes away. He could have sworn it was an angel misplaced on Earth if he believed in such things. A young schoolgirl, no older than himself, danced joyfully and openly before him. Her blue pelted skirt twirled around her gracefully, giving him a good view of her well-toned legs. (AN: Aqua~Azn: Alecto!!! Alecto: *snicker* I just couldn't resist it. ^^ Aqua~Azn: ^_^;;;) She stopped as if she had felt his eyes watching her.

~~~

Cosmos stopped. She felt an intense gaze burn into her very being. She turned to meet that person's gaze. Her endless sapphire eyes clashed with cold Prussian blue.

~~~

Her eyes were the windows to her soul. Some how she seemed impossibly older than him, centuries older in both years and experience. Yet no matter what, she was as innocent and as pure as a child. No darkness could touch her heart. She was his exact opposite, the very personification and paradigm of light itself.

He tore gaze away. He had no time to contemplate some girl he would never see again. He had a mission to complete, bases to destroy, and doctors to eliminate. He turned and walked away without a second thought.

~~~

Cosmos clutched her hands to her chest. Her breath was labored as she watched the boy disappear into the crowd. He melted into the sea of million of others, but his face, his lifeless eyes would forever be imprinted in her mind. The poor boy was in so much pain. He could try and hide from it, bury it seven feet deep if he liked, but he would never be free of it unless he faced it. Poor lost little boy…
*To Be Continued*

So? Please R/R people. It is the lifeblood of us authors. I know it may be no use telling you, especially Bonnie…but please don't flame/threaten/maim/kill us. Matta ne minna-san!