Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tears ❯ Earth ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PAIRINGS: 2x5/5x2, 1+2/2+1, 1x5/5x1, 3x4

WARNINGS: This might get a bit complicated (the fic, I mean), yaoi, language, perhaps angst later (but not to much), little bit of sap. Set after Endless Waltz.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

DEDICATION: To everyone who reviews this fic, Grace This Earth and my little Time ficlets - THANK YOU!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! *hugs* *runs away to avoid being late for biology class*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

The shuttle was huge and luxurious, nothing like what Duo had been used to for the past few years. He snorted at the extravagance grated to the preventers, the money that could be better spent helping the disadvantaged and homeless. He hated seeing such large shows of blatant money wasting.

Heero and Wufei moved to the front of the shuttle, planning to pilot and co-pilot respectively. Duo moved to the sleeping area with Kassia and settled down getting ready to sleep the long ride away.

Near the end of the trip, Wufei left his position to check on Duo and his little girl. Duo was sitting up in the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling. Wufei moved in quietly and sat near Duo on a chair. Duo stirred after a while and looked Wufei in the eyes.

"Oh `fei. . ." He murmured, sorrow weaving his voice like lace.

Wufei looked at Duo in surprise. He had no idea what reason Duo would need to use a voice like that.

"`Fei, I didn't mean. . . I. . . I am really glad you and Heero are happy. I. . . just. . . I have always wanted to tell you. . . I. . . I'm sorry. So sorry, `Fei." A tear run down Duo's cheek and with that he fainted.

Wufei immediately sprung into action. The stress and exhaustion was obviously getting to Duo. He had no idea what the braided man had been talking about, really. What could Duo have been sorry about? Perhaps. . . no, it couldn't have anything to do with that day he had cried. Although, Wufei had never quite gotten over the fact that he really knew how to cry in front of another person, but surely Duo wasn't talking about that, was he?

Tucking Duo back into bed, he moved to the front of the shuttle. Heero was piloting, however, he turned around immediately at the sound of Wufei's footsteps - they weren't the usual precise, quiet steps that he was used to. The look on Wufei's face was unreadable, and yet Heero knew that something had happened.

"What is it, Wufei?" Heero asked, standing up after hitting the switch for auto pilot. He wrapped his arms around Wufei and looked into his eyes.

"I. . . Duo, he just apologised for something. I don't know what he was apologising for though." A crease appeared between his brows as he contemplated what other possible reasons Duo could have to apologise.

"Is he alright now?"

"He passed out." As Heero's arms tightened and released in a move to go and check on Duo's state, Wufei continued. "It's from exhaustion and stress, I think. Remember, it wasn't that long ago he was unconscious."

Heero nodded once, but he didn't relinquish his hold on the slimmer Chinese man. He laid his head gently on Wufei's shoulder, a sigh escaping him as he relished the closeness. Wufei relaxed into Heero and they enjoyed simply holding each other for a time. They were still holding each other when a buzz from the control panel informed them that the auto pilot needed to be removed so that a safe entrance into earths atmosphere could be accomplished.

*~*~*~*~*~*

"Welcome back, Duo!" Quatre called as he forgot his public image and almost hurled himself at the braided man. Duo stepped back, avoiding the hug that Quatre was going to launch upon him - he didn't have the strength to stand up under it at the moment. Quatre looked hurt for a moment, before he took in Duo's appearance. Then the blonde man stood stock still. He glanced at Heero and Wufei, standing behind Duo for any signs about what had happened, and Wufei flicked him a glance conveying that it wasn't the time.

Kassia moved out from behind Wufei to clutch at Duo. "Dad, when can we get out of here?"

Quatre started. His gaze flickered to Kassia's braid, to Duo and his braid, back and forth between the two comparing their starved, malnourished figures. His eyes widened in surprise, trying to comprehend when Duo would have had the chance to have a child. It must have been before the wars for her to be as old as she looked.

Duo smiled down at Kassia. "Don't worry, babygirl. We'll go and access my accounts and then we can find somewhere to stay, alright?"

"No you don't." Heero deadpanned, moving from Wufei's side with luggage still in his hands to block Duo's path.

"What? Where do you expect us to stay?" Duo challenged. He placed his hands on his hips and looked him directly in the eyes.

"In our house." Wufei said. "At least, until we are sure that you're fine and that you don't have anything seriously wrong with you."

Duo glared at them both. He knew that this was going to happen, but he could still try and avoid it. He decided that it was too much effort - he needed to sleep again.

"Fine, alright? But we're going now if we're going at all." He retorted, glaring at Heero and Wufei in turn. "And once you two are satisfied, we're going to go and find our own place." He wrapped his arm around Kassia who was still clutching to him and hiding her face from the prim and proper people around her.

Heero and Wufei shared a look with Quatre - a silent apology for the lack of greeting. They nodded then to Duo and, carrying their bags, followed Duo out of the airport. Wufei lead the pair of food-depraved figures to a Preventer's car that was waiting out the front. Heero went to the drivers seat after helping Wufei pack the luggage in the back. Duo and Kassia sat in the back seat, Duo murmuring words of encouragement to the small girl.

Wufei sat in the passenger seat and turned around to find out what exactly was wrong with Kassia. He was shocked to see her pale face and obvious trembling. Duo looked back, directly into Wufei's eyes. "She's never been in a car. . ." he murmured, still stroking the white-faced girls back.

"Hn," replied Heero, starting the engine. "We'll make this quick, then. It's a pretty smooth ride."

Duo nodded and turned back to Kassia, whispering softly in her ear. Wufei turned around in his seat and pulled on his seatbelt. He nodded to Heero and they set off to the home at Heero and Wufei had brought with the intention of one day bringing Duo back with them. They didn't think that they would be doing it with a Duo whose health might be in danger and his small child.

~~**~~**

Kassia had fallen asleep against Duo by the time that they arrived at Heero and Wufei's house. Duo's eyes widened in appreciation as they drove up the driveway. It was perfect - a well balanced mix of Wufei and Heero, with even a little addition of his influence. He figured that it must be remnants of his time with Wufei and Heero both during the war and after it.

As the car stopped, Kassia stirred. She blinked quickly, immediately awake, a knife unsheathed in her hand and her body covering Duo's. Duo laughed and grabbed her wrist, gently levering the knife out of her quickly slackening hold.

"Oh, right. . ." she murmured. And lowered her head partially in embarrassment. Then she caught sight of the house that they were parked in front of. "WOW!"

She vaulted over the divider between the back and front seats and jumped over Wufei's lap and out of the door he had just opened. She looked up in awe at the impeccable front, spinning in a circle to view the front lawn that seemed to have no leaf out of place. "You guys have a lot of spare time." She commented.

Heero stood still, about to get the luggage out of the back of the car. His mouth opened and he froze with shock. Duo climbed out of the passenger side and burst out laughing. The expression on Heero's face was priceless.

Wufei stopped unlocking the door to watch Duo laugh. The sight of the smiling braided man stopped Wufei's heart from beating. He took a shaky breath in and let it out slowly. He couldn't start missing Duo again, not while he was around. It wasn't right to let Duo know how he and Heero felt when Duo obviously had loved someone else enough to have a child with them.

That thought almost caused Wufei to break down right there. He turned that line of thought away. He couldn't be contemplating that right now.

Heero recovered from the shock at the sight and sound of Duo laughing. It was beautiful to see again. He glanced at Wufei and saw his distressed and wistful expression. He thought about what he could do to help him, but nothing came to mind. This was something that they would have to deal with in private.

Duo grabbed his bag and indicated to Kassia for her to follow him. Wufei turned and opened the door, moving to the side to let Duo in first. Kassia followed, a look of awe on her face. Wufei smiled slightly at that while he waited a bit for Heero to enter. He then closed the door, hopefully locking out the outside world for a time.

*~*~*~*~*~

A.N. Oh, man, I am sooooo sorry about how long this has taken for me to post!!! Grade 12 - last year of high school and all that. I didn't think that I would have so little time and so much homework! I am really sorry!!!!!!!

Anastasia

~*~ Proud member of SDDI ~*~

~*~ Proud member of SDQB ~*~

General of the Baka Brigade!!

*looks towards the heavens* Please, let the readers like this! And let them share the love!!