Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Tears ❯ Revelations ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PAIRINGS: 2x5/5x2, 1+2/2+1, 1x5/5x1, 3x4, 1x2x5/2x5x1/5x1x2 (I have no idea)

WARNINGS: This might get a bit complicated (the fic, I mean), yaoi, language, perhaps angst later (but not to much), little bit of sap. Set after Endless Waltz. SAP CHAP!

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Jack, Gundam Wing or anything else I happen to use in this fic.

NOTES: *while trying to take notes on Dead Poets Society* Hi. Last chapter in the actual series thing. Epilogue to come. Review so I know what you want to see.

DEDICATION: To the Reviewers… you guys are the greatest *gets teary-eyed*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Duo laughed as he plaited Kassia's hair for her before she went to school. She had been going for a semester now and loved learning. When she had first begun she had been a fair way behind the other students, thankfully she had been a very quick learner. That, and at the time they had been living with Heero and Wufei for the first month before Duo decided that it was to much for him and left to live with Quatre.

No one had asked him about his amnesia when he was getting treatment in the hospital when he first arrived. As it turned out, he had been suffering from an eating disorder which had resulted in his state. Kassia had been eating the same as he had been while they were on L2 mostly because she didn't think that they needed to steal more is Duo didn't want it.

Duo had been through lapses of depression and guilt in the past six months. One of the reasons was because of his guilt for Kassia - he had been the reason why she had suffered and starved. The other. . . it was more to do with catching glimpses of Wufei and Heero together. He was glad, in a way. He truly wanted nothing else other than to make them happy, but he still had a longing. If they could just let him into the equation as well. . . but that was wishful thinking.

Kassia turned around and gave Duo a kiss on the cheek as goodbye. Quatre walked into the room and Kassia run up to him, giggling as the blonde man picked Kassia up and swung her around in a hug. Duo smiled slightly. It looked as though Quatre was making a better father than he'd ever been for Kassia. He was more like a big brother, now, than anything.

Quatre waved to Duo as he walked Kassia out to drive her to school. Duo sat back, wondering what he should do with another day of nothing. They were having a get together with all of the pilots tonight, in celebration for something that Duo forgot. He could go out and shop for something to wear. There wasn't anything to do around the house as Quatre's servants were taking care of it. And Quatre wasn't going into the office because he wanted to oversee the preparations. Duo sighed. This was going to be a long day.

~~**~~**

Duo pulled at his shirt again. It had looked perfect when he was trying it on, but now it just wasn't sitting right. His black pants were loose and comfy, but his shirt kept sliding up a little to far when he moved his arms. He wished Kassia were here right now - she'd know how to fix it. But she had gone to her friends place for the night so that the ex-pilots could let go for a while.

With a sigh, Duo resigned himself to putting up with it. He was about to leave the room when he noticed the tag still hanging out the back. Even though no one was watching, Duo flushed slightly. He ripped the tag off and walked out, down the stairs and to the main lounge room. Heero and Wufei would be arriving soon and he needed to centre himself.

Quatre walked in as well, Trowa beside him. Trowa was carrying a tray with the drinks on it. They had a cabinet next to the couch as well where they could access other, more everyday drinks. The ones sitting on the tray were very pretty, but Duo knew that he would only be having one or two of them before he decided to hit the Vodka shots.

Quatre smiled at Duo, about to start to talk when the door bell rang. "Ah, Heero and Wufei are here." He turned, and missed the slight flinch that Duo made after he heard Quatre's statement.

Heero and Wufei walked into the main lounge room, taking note that Duo was already sitting down. He hadn't been very happy recently, they had both noticed. He put on the happy-face, just like he had during the war. He looked very good tonight, however, both Wufei and Heero noticed.

Duo stayed sitting when Heero and Wufei walking into the room. He wasn't in the mood for sharing pleasantries. It hurt enough seeing Heero and Wufei together again, without the added pain of having to refer to them as a couple.

After the initial greeting, Heero and Wufei sat down on the couch across from Duo and they got to having fun as friends; friends that reminisce about traumatic experiences and get drunk so they won't remember the memories that have been dug up the next moring.

~~**~~**

Duo stumbled out of Quatre's house. Enough was enough. He wasn't about to stay in a house with Heero and Wufei in there - not while he was drunk. His reason for leaving the house was defeated when both Wufei and Heero followed him outside. They were slightly unsteady on their feet, but nowhere near as bad as what Duo was.

"Shit. . . bugger off!" Duo cursed at the two Asian men.

"No, Duo. We want to ask you something." Heero said quietly, grabbing Duo by the shoulder.

Duo shrugged him off violently, stumbling slightly with the force and wreaking the angry façade that he was trying to create. Wufei sighed and grabbed Duo's elbow, leading him gently to a nearby bench while Heero followed. Duo didn't try to shrug Wufei off as he was still recovering from the strange way the world had started to spin when he had moved to dismiss Heero.

Wufei sat down next to Duo with Heero on the other side. He looked to Heero so that he could continue.

"Duo, we just wanted to ask. . . did you love her?"

Duo looked at them slightly startled. "Love who?"

"Kassia's mother." Wufei supplied.

"Um. . . I never knew her." Duo replied, his voice betraying that he thought that Wufei was losing his mind.

"What? Do you mean that she died before you could get to love her?" Heero asked.

"Ah, no. I don't know who Kassia's mother or father were." Duo said, now acting as though Heero was the crazy one.

"You mean that she isn't yours? You didn't leave us for her?" Wufei asked, at a loss.

"Nope." Duo said confidently. "I left because I knew that I would end up hurting you. Then. . . I think I went to L2. . . then. . . I lost my memory. . . cause I was hurting about leaving you guys and I couldn't take it. . ." He chuckled slightly. "Can you believe that? A Gundam Pilot forgetting the past because he couldn't deal. . . and it wasn't even for the thousands of lost lives, it was /a/ lost love life."

Wufei and Heero sat speechless. They couldn't think of anything to say. The whole time that Duo had been back on Earth they had been going through heartbreak because they thought that Duo had left them for a woman from before the war. Then they had thought that Duo's amnesia had been because of something else that had happened, as it looked as though it had arisen from a traumatic experience. Now, they knew that Duo wasn't Kassia's father, and that it was really their fault that Duo had degraded to the condition that he had been in when they had found him.

"Kassia is a great kid. . . but I think she only called me `dad' because she likes having a father figure. She doesn't call me it anymore, though. That's Quatre's position now. I'm just the big brother figure. And you guys are all happy-dappy, fine `n dandy together. "

Wufei turned Duo's head so that he could look into his eyes. At the last statement, Duo had sounded very depressed. The pain that he saw in Duo's eyes, in his whole expression, took his breath away. He couldn't believe that he and Heero had been this mistaken. They could only try and repair it now.

"Duo, Heero and I. . . well, the only thing that /would/ make us `fine `n dandy' would be if you would consider, perhaps. . . joining us? The only thing that was keeping us back from asking was that we thought that Kassia was yours and you had loved her mother - hence why you left."

Heero came and sat beside Wufei, in front of Duo. He continued, "We're really sorry for the way we treated you. But. . . could you consider trying to join us? If Kassia is seeing Quatre as a father then, maybe, you could come and live with us? Just us?"

Duo held his breath. He had to be dreaming. He had an apology, he had the offer and everything looked as though it could work out perfectly. That, and Heero had just made an overture where he had needed to take more than two breaths to finish.

"I. . . THANKYOU!" Duo wrapped his arms around Heero and Wufei's necks. "I would love to come and live with you guys. But. . ." He pulled back and looked back and forth in both of their eyes. "Do you really want me?"

"If it is what you want, then we want you. We wanted you to begin with, with us, making us one." Wufei continued, pretending to ignore Heero's slight smirk. "I know it sounds corny, but. . . it's true."

"But, I thought that you two were really happy together. . . you don't think that I'd spoil what you have?"

"No, there's no chance of that. What we have is nothing compared to what we would have with you. What the three of us would have combined." Heero stated matter-of-factly.

"Really?" Duo asked, disbelievingly.

"Yes." Heero and Wufei replied in unison.

Duo smiled brilliantly. It was the truest smile that either of them had ever seen from Duo. "When can I move in?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Anastasia

~*~ Proud member of SDDI ~*~

~*~ Proud member of SDQB ~*~

General of the Baka Brigade!!

A.N. Second last, I think. Was this to quick?? Review and I might do more for the last one. . . or it could get a bit more interesting. . . I mean, these boys /have/ been celibate for AGES now. . . Tell me what you want!!!