InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dog in the House ❯ Chapter 5

[ A - All Readers ]

Prompt: Sand - from Riku Riyuu's random prompts
Min word count: 300
Actual: 441
A Day at the Beach
It was a clear, sunny day and the Taisho parents decided a day at the beach would be in order. The pups had only been able to really run at the park, but had to hide their more demonic traits lest they be discovered as extraordinary. The last think Kagome wanted was her sons be some kind of experiment.
Packing a picnic lunch, drinks, extra towels, swim trunks and sand toys, Kagome loaded up the family mini van while Sesshomaru dressed, sun-screened and kept the pups distracted.
It was times like this that Kagome enjoyed, a little peace and quiet. Now that she was halfway into her second pregnancy, her patience level had pretty much gone with the bathwater. She was truly thankful that her mate had taken on the responsibility of caring for the boys while she continued to work, even though they had plenty of money. They really only did it for appearances.
The car packed, pups in their seats, the family made their way outside of town to a private beach that had been part of the lands that Sesshomaru's family continued to hold. The land held a powerful barrier that only let in demons that held a beast form within it or those that had been invited in. It was there that those with a demonic heritage could `let their hair down' and run free without worry of outside interference.
Arriving at their destination, Sesshomaru gave strict instructions to their rambunctious pups of where they could and could not go. Setting them up with some sand toys on the sand, he used his demonic speed and strength to unpack the van and set up their spot, so Kagome could rest.
Kagome settled on a blanket that her mate had set on the sand beneath a large umbrella to shade her from the harsh sun. A strong flare of youki was felt and before her very eyes, her pups and mate transformed into their true forms.
The pups were about the size of golden retrievers while her mate shrank from his 5-story size to a more manageable Newfoundland size, their beautiful white fur sparkling in the sun. Kagome couldn't get enough of the beauty of the males in her family. They were breathtaking.
At first, the trio ran around, Sesshomaru leading while the pups chased. Before long the pups had left their alpha for more interesting things.
Like digging.
Their little paws in the sand, they dug and dug until they were covered in wet sand. No longer were they pure white but dirty gray.
Their father growled in frustration.
Their mother laughed.
It was a good day.