InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dog in the House ❯ Chapter 7

[ A - All Readers ]

Prompt: Lamp - from Riku Ryuu's random prompts
Min words: 300
Actual: 320
The weary parents packed up their van after the long but rewarding day at the beach. Sesshomaru, having a higher stamina than his pregnant mate or young pups, drove them through the night, the hour-long drive seeming longer as his passengers slept the entire drive home.
Pulling up in the driveway, Sesshomaru pressed the button of the garage door opener that was attached to visor, opening the garage so he could park inside. Once he was in, the demon turned off the engine and proceeded to wake his sleeping wife.
“Kagome, we're home,” he gently roused his wife.
Kagome's eyes opened slowly, blinking from the light of the car's lamp, awakening to the sound of her mate's gentle prodding.
“Mmm, we're home?”
A low rumbling chuckle was heard from her mate as he replied, “Yes, we are,” he replied as he got out of the car and went around to the passenger side and opened Kagome's door. Unbuckling his mate, he instructed her to go to bed and that he would take care of the pups.
Once Kagome was on her way into the house, the father opened the sliding door of the van and proceeded to remove the pups from their car seats, taking great care not to awaken them. Thankful for remote doors, Sesshomaru pressed the button on the car remote to shut the sliding door of the van.
He carried his boys to their room and gently changed them into pajamas for the night, foregoing baths until the following morning. They would be fine for the night, but he made a mental note to be sure to change their bedding in tomorrow.
Shutting the light off in the pup's room yet making sure their nightlight was on, Sesshomaru took another look at his children and his heart swelled with pride.
These were his sons, his pack, his heirs.
No one would take them from him. No one.