InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A Dog in the House ❯ Chapter 11

[ A - All Readers ]

Prompt: Storm - from Riku Riyuu's random prompts
Minimum words: 300
Actual: 344
Having toyed enough with the small animal that their alpha had supplied them with, the pups began to notice a change in the air.
“Father, why does the air smell different?” Daiichi asked, his ability to form clear and complete sentences for one so young was quite unusual. Unless the child was demon.
“Yeah, dad! It's like there's a fight brewing!” Daisuke exclaimed, his use of words not so unlike a certain hanyou half-brother.
“What is you sense it the electricity in the air; the moisture is what you smell. This is a sign of an oncoming storm,” Sesshomaru confirmed. “Feel the winds begin to pick up? How the energy seems to increase as the clouds build up?”
“Come, we must make haste to the car before it begins to rain,” the alpha ordered. The pups jumped into the family car while their father rounded up the kitten used for their training for the day. While the task was successful, it was distasteful.
`Neko,' he internally sneered as the kitten hissed and growled and showed its claws to Sesshomaru when it was cornered. Grabbing the little fur ball by the scruff from the grassy ground, Sesshomaru brought it up to where he could see it and unleashed his most deadly growl.
The feline got the picture of who was in charge and froze in fright. Please with its reaction, Sesshomaru put the kitten back into the carrier to take it back to the pet store he had bought it at.
By the time Sesshomaru entered the car to go home, it had started to sprinkle. Tiny drops began their decent from the sky only to become larger and heavier as the van made its way to the main road and past the protective barrier.
All the way home, the pups chatted with their father about chasing and cornering tactics for future trips.
Their father was pleased with the results of the day. He had accomplished what he had set out to do.
`One can never start too early training on strategy and attack tactics.'