InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Journey ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
A/N: I do believe this story is going off to a great start! I wasn't sure if it would go well or not but I think it's going to be alright! Well... at least so far!

Please tell me about any fanfics you have! I love reading them!

Don't forget to read my other fanfics!

For those of you who have been reading InuGang: Story after Naraku, that story will be put on hold for a while, but... i'm not giving up on it!

RECAP:

"If she can't scent you, then she'll never know you're not dead."

She turned away and closed her eyes, mumbling another chant. A blue glow came off her body and spread out into the forest before settling down on the ground before, melting into it.

She opened her eyes and smirked, again. Now, no one, not even the strongest of youkai, would know she or the child had been here. She looked back to make sure he was still in the bush before putting up her hood and dissapearing into the shadows, once again.

The child burrowed himself farther into the blankets, never knowing that for many years he would live, never knowing of his parents. A sliver of the sun, just barely peaked up over the horizon, ending the moonless night.

Disclaimer: I own everybody so far in the story but I don't own the Inu gang!

Chapter 1

As the bell rang, ending the school day, students crowded out of the building. Students chattered and made their way to their homes. One girl came to the edge of the school grounds and walked down the sidewalk.

Her name was Katanna Tagurasha and she was 16 years old. She had long black hair reaching down her back, and very unusual emerald green eyes.She wore a blue headband. She had on a thin yellow sweater that would have shown a lot of skin had it not been for the light blue tank top she wore underneath.She had a dark blue mini skirt with a criss cross diamond pattern on it, and black shoes with white socks.

She walked down the sidewalk silently until she came to a sudden halt. She realized she had taken the wrong path. She looked to see where her feet had taken her.

She now stood at the bottom of a long flight of steps leading to a great arch at the top. She looked up the worn steps and suddenly felt curious at what lay at the top.

For a few seconds, she stood there when finally she slowly placed her foot on the first step. She stopped but then started to climb the seemingly endless steps. After what seemed like ages, she reached the top and looked around as she stood under the wooden arch.

She was now faced towards a shrine that seemed to be quite old. Smaller shrines were sprinkled all about. There did not appear to be anybody home, at the moment. A house stood to her right. She stepped out from under the arch and onto the shrine grounds,

She scanned the grounds, and hesitantly took a few steps.

She walked around until finally she came to a large tree near the center of the grounds. It looked like a very old tree. A shiver ran up her spine but she only stepped closer.

She placed her hand on it and let her fingers trail over a smooth patch on the bark. She saw a small hole near the top of the patch and saw something glint in it.

"What's that?", she said.

She poked her finger in it and was met with a small pain.

She quickly pulled it out with an "ow" and looked at it. A small cut wasthere.

She looked up at the tree again and placed her hand on the smooth bark, forgetting her cut.

Her fingers trailed over it but there was a smear of blood in it's wake.

Suddenly, the smooth patch started to glow.

"Wha-", she said but before she finished, she was suddenly sucked into the tree.

-------------------

Everything was so dark. She felt as if she was blind. She walked around, swinging her arms around wildly, searching for something, anything! She saw light coming from behind her. She turned around and saw a door. Light was coming out from underneath it. She walked hesitantly towards it and stopped in front of it. She reached towards the knob and slowly opened the door. All she could see was a blinding bright light. Then it all faded into darkness once again.

------------------

Katanna slowly cracked open her eyes butshe couldn't see anything but blurred shapes. People were speaking but she wasn't paying attention to what they were saying. They suddenly hushed down and she heard bare feet padding across the floor. A blurry blue blob was kneeling over her. She blinked her eyes and everything became clear. She looked up.

Her eyes were met with a boy who didn't look to be much older than she was. He could of looked normal if it weren't for some... unusual features.

He had long hair reaching to his waist that looked as soft and white as newly fallen snow. His skin was slightly tanned from obviously being in the sun a lot, and it looked as smooth as a river stone. The thing she noticed the most though was his eyes. They were like two pools of gold and she felt like she was already being lost in them.

"Are you okay?", said a voice to her right.
She came out of her trance and immediately turned to where the voice came from.

There was a woman who appeared to be in her late forties. She had wispy dark brown hair already streaked with strands of gray pulled back into a ponytail at the base of her neck. She had light brown eyes and small wrinkles were already appearing on her face.

"It's not polite to stare, no matter how good ,Kiotsu may look", she said, refering to the boy.

Katanna's cheeks immediately burned pink. The woman chuckled at this.

"Who are you?", asked Katanna, after she came of her embarassment.

"Gomen ne", she said," Where are my manners? I am Mazima and that is Kiotsu."
"How did I get here?", asked Katanna.

"How about we explain everything after you get something to eat?", Mazima said," You must be starving. You have been out for 3 days after all."

"3 days!"

A/N: Hey guys! I hope you like how this is going so far! I'm really trying to make this story enjoyable for you guys! I'm trying to make this my best one yet!

If anyone knows what a beta is, i'd like to know! I've heard the word in author's notes but... I don't know what it is! Could someone please tell me! I could probably use one if it's what I think it is! It's supposed to be an editor or something, right?

Please tell me about any fanfics you've written! I'd love to read them!

Plus don't forget to check out my other fics!

Review!

Here's the preview for the next chap!

"If you don't mind me asking", said Mazima," What exactly happened before Kiotsu found you?"

"Well", Katanna said," I was walking home from school and..."

"What's... skool?", asked Kiotsu, looking at her curiously.

Katanna looked at him strangely and said," You know, big building, lots of kids, you learn stuff?"

He looked at her confused.

'Okay', she thought,' This is getting even weirder. How can they not know what school is? What is going on?'