InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ A New Journey ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: I don't own the InuGang (who have not made an appearance yet!) but I do own the following!

The white haired woman (check prologue!)

Katanna

Kiotsu

Mazima

(RE CAP:)
"It's not polite to stare, no matter how good , Kiotsu may look", she said, refering to the boy.

Katanna's cheeks immediately burned pink. The woman chuckled at this.

"Who are you?", asked Katanna, after she came outof her embarassment.

"Gomen ne", she said," Where are my manners? I am Mazima and that is Kiotsu."

"How did I get here?", asked Katanna.

"How about we explain everything after you get something to eat?", Mazima said," You must be starving. You have been out for 3 days after all."

"3 days!"

Chapter 2

"I was asleep for 3 days!", Katanna said.

"Yes", said Mazima.

Katanna groaned and put her face in her hands.

"I'm going to be in so much trouble with Takira", she groaned.

"Why are you going to be in trouble?", asked Mazima," and who is Takira?"

Katanna looked away and said," I really don't want to talk about it."

"Gomen", said Mazima," I really shouldn't be bothering you with questions. Now, here. Have something to eat."

Mazima handed her some rice in a wooden bowl with some meat and chopsticks.

Katanna nodded and said," Arigato."

As she ate, Katanna took a good look at her surroundings.

She know noticed she was in a small wooden hut, much like the ones in her history book.

'How odd', she thought.

She took a good look at Mazima over at the fireplace and realized she was wearing a kimono and thin reed flip-flops.

She then turned towards Kiotsu and realized he was wearing a dark blue haroi and hakama that moved smoothly like the current in a stream but seemed quite tough as well with a light blue undershirt.

'Wh-Why are they wearing such strange clothing?', Katanna thought,' Those clothes have got to be 100's of years old.'

She realized she was laying on a futon as well.

'What is this? Some fuedal era costume party?', she thought.

"Mazima", said Katanna," What exactly happened?"

"Why don't I let Kiotsu tell you?", she replied," He is the one who found you after all."Katanna turned to him as he explained.
"Well", he said," I was just out running in the forest, when suddenly, I caught the scent of a human but it was different somehow, yet at the same time, it seems kind of familiar."

He shook his head.

"Anyways, I went to check it out and I came to that big tree in the forest and I found you laying at the base of the tree. You were a little bruised and you were unconcious so I let Mazima treat your bruises and now you're here."

Katanna shuddered as the memory of getting the bruises came back to her.

"Takira."

"What was that?", said Kiotsu, suprised at the amount of fear and... hatred coming from her voice.

Katanna clenched her fists and closed her eyes, shaking slightly, as all the memories came back to haunt her.

"Are you okay?", he asked again.

Katanna took a deep breath, unclenching her fists, and letting her shoulders sag.

"Yeah", she replied," I'm okay. Just some bad memories."

"Oh", said Kiotsu," Gomen."

"If you don't mind me asking", said Mazima," What exactly happened before Kiotsu found you?"

"Well", Katanna said," I was walking home from school and..."

"What's... skool?", asked Kiotsu, looking at her curiously.

Katanna looked at him strangely and said," You know, big building, lots of kids, you learn stuff?"

He looked at her confused.

'Okay', she thought,' This is getting even weirder. How can they not know what school is? What is going on?'

She took in Kiotsu's appearance again and said," Hey. How did you get your hair so white? Did you bleach it or something? And your eyes. Did you get some gold contacts?"

Kiotsu looked at her strangely and said,"What is "bleach" and what are "kon-tacks?"

'Now this is really weird', Katanna thought,' What's going on? They look sincereley confused. What is going on?'

She thought back to what happened and her eyes widened.

She looked at them and said," It really happened didn't it?"

"Do you mind telling us what happened?", said Mazima.

"Like I said before, I was walking home and I accidentally went the wrong way and I ended up at these long steps so I walked up and there was this shrine and I looked around and this was this really old tree and I looked at it and I saw a hole and I poked my finger in it and there was something pointy and my finger started to bleed and I touched the tree and I got sucked in and it was dark, then light, then dark again and now i'm here", she said in one breath, breathing deeply afterwards.

"Well, that explains a lot of things", said Kiotsu.

Katanna looked at Mazima and saw her thinking about what Katanna had told them. Then, she turned to look at Katanna.

"I think I have an idea of what may of happened", she said.

"What?",asked Katanna anxiously.

"I believe that when you're blood came in contact with the tree, it triggered something inside of it, that caused you to somehow be brought here", she looked at Katanna and said," Was there a lot of fighting going on where you were?"

Katanna shook her head and said," The largest war we've had in a while was WWII in the 1930's."

"1930's?", said Mazima.

"Mm-hm", Katanna said nodding," I live in the 21st century. W-why do you want to know?"

"It's just as I feared", said Mazima, sighing, and then turning to look at her again. "We live in the 1500's."

Katanna froze as it sank it.

'1500's. 1500's. 1500s', it echoed in her mind like a chant.

"A-are you trying to tell me that i'm in... the feudal era?", she said," but that would mean... that I... went... 500 years in the past."

Mazima nodded sadly. "I think I vaguely heard of a preistess who was rumored to have come from the future. I didn't believe it... until now."

Katanna sat still frozen with shock as she tried to calm her quickly panicking mind.

'I'm not going to panic. Everything's going to be okay.'

'What are you talking about! It's not okay! It's far from okay! What will I do!'

'Calm down. It could be worse.'

'How could it be worse! This is terrible!'

'Kiotsu could have not found us.'

silence.

'Nothing to say huh?'

'Shut up.'

'We just need to calm down. We can do this.'

'Okay. Fine.'

Katanna took deep breaths until her mind was clear. She spotted Kiotsu and took in his appearance again. Then, she turned to Mazima.

"I've got a question", she said.

"What is it?", she asked.

"If this is the feudal era and you don't know what bleach or contacts are... how come Kiotsu has white hair and gold eyes?", Katanna said.

"He gets those features from his demon blood. By the looks of his ears, only a quarter of his blood is demon. I think it might be inuyoukai blood too because of the white hair and gold eyes. But he could be part cat for all I know! I don't know much about demons."

"Kiotsu's part demon?", asked Katanna incrediously.

"You know i'm right here", said Kiotsu.

"Gomen", said Katanna.

"It's okay", said Kiotsu.

"So", said Mazima,"How much has changed in the future? If you don't mind me asking."

"Sure", said Katanna as she told them about the future and smiled to herself as their eyes got wider and wider and wider.

A/N: There's the next chap! I hope you liked it! I want reviews! I hunger for reviews! I need them please!

Tell me about any stories you've written! Please! I love fanfics! You know what! They don't have to be yours, if you don't want! How about you reccomend some stories to me if you don't have any of your own!

Don't forget to check out my other fics!

Review!