InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ The Foreign Youkai ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Anyone can love
 
*Disclaimer. I don't own Inuyasha or its characters.*
 
A Youkai from a distant country has come to Japan; she doesn't trust men, she has a secret that doesn't add up, her past is a sad one, and the truth of it is mysterious even to her. She has caught Sesshoumarus' attention. Love is possible even for Youkais
 
Chapter 1.
The Foreign Youkai.
 
Inuyasha stood his ground as Sesshoumaru lashed at him with his venoms whip. Inuyasha attempted to slash down with his Tetseiga, but the Youkai lord was too fast and slipped from under him. Once more they stood adjacent from each other, hatred obvious in the eyes of each brother. They struck again…
 
A Youkai staggered from tree to tree soaked in fresh blood that was flowing from her fast. Consciousness was fading from her. She came to a light, it was vague but she could make out two faint figures battling it out. She could smell others nearby too, it was her only chance. She forced herself to continue forward, she needed to get out of the trees and into the light. If she were to live… soon she managed to breach the clearing and before collapsing from lack of blood, muttered a single word.
 
“Help.”
 
The fight between Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha came to a sudden halt. All eyes fell upon the fallen Youkai. She had dark skin, her waist length hair was white with an odd golden gleam, and her ears were pointed. She had sharp claws like Inuyasha, and a long black snake tail with a golden blade, shaped like an arrow head, at its tip. Her feet resembled that of a cat, golden brown in color. She was wearing a red kimono with a dragon, embroidered with black and gold, on the back. Last, she was wearing a necklace that had an odd looking eye in front of a winged cobra; it hung on a gold chain.
 
Kagome temporarily forgot about Inuyasha's' fight with Sesshoumaru and ran to the side of the Youkai. Sango followed.
 
“What are you doing!?” Inuyasha yelled.
 
“She's injured, Inuyasha!” Kagome said, kneeling down to the Youkai, examining her wounds. Inuyasha said nothing. He turned to Sesshoumaru, ready to continue his fight. Inuyasha was determined to win. Sesshoumaru, however, abandoned his fighting stance and stood up strait.
 
“I'll kill you some other time, Inuyasha.” He said. Inuyasha roared out.
 
“You cowered!”
 
Sesshoumaru said nothing. And without looking at his brother he called for Rin and Jaken to follow him as he passed the unconscious Youkai. He looked at her for a fraction of a second. Her golden-white hair glistened from the light of the setting sun. Sesshoumaru drew his gaze from her and continued through the trees.
 
“I hate him.” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Someone go get my first aid kit, this Youkai is bleeding pretty badly.” Kagome demanded in a rushed whisper. Miroku did what she said and went to retrieve Kagomes' back pack. Inuyasha walked up behind Kagome and looked over her shoulder at the Youkai.
 
“I wonder what happened to her.” He asked, sounding curious. Kagome checked her pulse and sighed with faint relief.
 
“Well she's still alive. Let's get her wounds dressed and we'll ask her when she wakes up.” Kagome replied. Miroku returned with Kagome's backpack, and she rummaged around in it for her first aid kit.
 
“Aha, found it.” She said as she drew out a white plastic box with a red cross on its lid. She took out a few ace bandages, and cleaned the Youkais' wounds before wrapping them up. While she did this, Kagome noticed something very odd about her wounds.
 
“These where made by farm tools.” She said suddenly.
 
“Yeah they were…” Sango said as she took a closer look.
 
“But why would a Youkai let her self fall this easily to humans?” Miroku asked.
 
“I've never seen a Youkai like this before.” said Sango, further examining the Youkai.
 
“You know, now that I think about it, neither have I.” Miroku admitted.
 
“Well I don't care what she is. This could be another one of Narakus' Traps.” Inuyasha said stubbornly. Kagome shot him a glare.
 
“Do you always have to judge people as soon as you see them?” she asked angrily.
 
“I'm only saying that it's possible…” he scowled, Kagome rolled her eyes.
 
“Well we won't know until she wakes up, will we?” she said. Inuyasha didn't reply, he merely continued to scowl, mumbling to him self.
 
As dusk fell, Shipou was given the task of watching the Youkai while the others set up camp. Her wounds were dressed and cleaned now, so Kagome left her to rest, hoping that she lives through the night.
 
Not long after the group settled down by the fire, the Youkai made a muffled noise. Shipou stood over her face as she opened her eyes. Shipou jumped back slightly, her eyes were a startling crimson. At first glance she looked demonic but, they soon came to realize that that was their natural color. The Youkai tried to gain sight of those around her, her vision slightly blurred. A young voice sounded above her.
 
“Are you all right?” said the young Kitsun. The figures became a bit clearer but she couldn't make out any faces.
 
“Who are you?” she whispered, trying to look at them.
 
“I'm Shipou.” said the Kitsun. “What's your name?” he asked.
 
“T-Tsuyara…ow my head…” she mumbled, putting her hand to her forehead.
 
“Well she seems all right now.” said a male voice which was Inuyasha. Suddenly the Youkai called Tsuyara jumped, cringing as she did so, feeling her wounds.
 
“What is it?” Inuyasha said, Tsuyara gained her vision completely now and tried to back away.
 
“Stay away from me!” she yelled. Miroku came up to her and took one of her hands into his.
 
“We mean you no harm, we're only…” but he was quieted by Tsuyara as she turned suddenly demonic and slashed him deeply across the shoulder with her free hand. Miroku stood away from her.
 
“We're trying to help you!” Kagome said angrily
 
“Yeah why did you do that?” said Sango.
 
“Not you two, them! Keep them away from me!” Tsuyara glared at Inuyasha and Miroku.
 
“But they're trying to help you too.” Shipou said.
 
“No! Keep them away from me!” Tsuyara yelled. Kagome turned to the guys and nodded.
 
“Inuyasha go over there and tend to Miroku.” She demanded. Inuyasha looked at her in protest.
 
“Go on!” Kagome persisted.
 
“Feh… c'mon.” Inuyasha said to Miroku. As they left to the other side of the clearing Kagome turned on Tsuyara.
 
“Why did you do that!?” she said. Tsuyara held her knees close to her and looked painfully into the fire.
 
“Men are evil.” She said in a broken whisper.
 
Inuyasha looked at the girls and Shipou from the other side of the clearing glaring at them as he bandaged Mirokus' shoulder.
 
“Damn, I wonder what her deal is. You all right Miroku?” Inuyasha asked as he finished up.
 
“I'll live. She's probably only frightened Inuyasha.” Miroku said; he cringed a little from the pain. Inuyasha looked at him incredulously.
 
“Yeah but she made it pretty clear that it was just you and me that she didn't want around. I don't see her attacking Kagome or Sango.” Inuyasha pointed out.
 
“Good point.” Miroku nodded. Some time after Sango walked over to them.
“So?” Inuyasha asked impatiently.
 
“Well, apparently Tsuyara has this fear of males. That's why she attacked you Miroku.” Sango said.
 
“I see.” said Miroku.
 
“Oh and she was attacked by humans, like we suspected.” Sango added. “We didn't get much else from her though.”
 
Sesshoumaru walked in silence. Rin and Jaken close behind him on the back of the Ah-Un. He didn't think much of his filthy half brother… he was not worth the time. But for some reason his thoughts trailed back to that clearing… not for Inuyasha or his companions… but the lying figure of that Youkai girl stayed fresh in his mind. Her white-gold hair was the clearest of all her features. Why was he thinking of that? He thought. What was it about that Youkai that she didn't leave his thoughts? Shaking his head, he banished these things out of his mind and continued on.
 
The next day, Tsuyara accompanied Kagome and Sango on their journey, along with Inuyasha and Miroku, though Tsuyara still keep well away from either of them. She spent most of her time riding on Kiraras' back while she was in her huge form, so as to rest from her wounds as they traveled. A nagging question lingered on all their thoughts though; it had still remained unanswered.
 
“Tsuyara… how come a Youkai like you lost so easily to humans?” Sango asked. Tsuyara didn't say any thing for a few minutes.
 
“I, um—I was weekend the day before… some Youkai in a baboon pelt attacked me.” Every one wheeled around to look at her. Tsuyara was taken aback at their reactions.
 
“Naraku!” Inuyasha growled. “That basterd! Do you know where he went?”
 
Tsuyara glared at Inuyasha, having Kirara move further from him. She mumbled something about males.
 
“No I don't. He sent theses insects after me and I blacked out.” She said.
 
“Damn.” Inuyasha cursed.
 
“Why would he attack you for no reason? That's not like him.” Kagome asked.
 
“Do you know this Naraku?” Tsuyara asked.
 
“Unfortunately.” Miroku said clutching his right hand into a fist.
 
“I wasn't asking you.” Tsuyara hissed.
 
“Did you have something he wanted?” Sango asked.
 
“Well… actually yes. I had found this little crystal earlier that day. He said it was his but I panicked.”
 
“Because he was male?” Shipou asked. Tsuyara nodded.
 
“Hey why aren't you afraid of Shipou? He's a male isn't he?” Inuyasha pointed out.
 
“Shipou is only a child. He's still innocent.” Tsuyara said. “Any ways, I panicked and ran away. So he sent all these weird insects at me, when I woke up the crystal had gone… I was weakened after that.
 
“That's because those insects are poisonous.” Kagome explained. “Was the crystal a shard of the Shikon jewel?”
 
“The what?” every eye was on her. They looked dumbfounded. Tsuyara didn't know what the Shikon No Tama was.
 
“Now that is interesting, a Youkai that doesn't know about the shards.” Inuyasha said.
 
“How do you not know what that is?” Sango asked. “Every Youkai in Japan knows about the Shikon jewel.”
 
“Well that's just it I guess, I'm from Egypt. See?” Tsuyara said, showing them her necklace. “That's the eye of Horus, one of our gods. The snake behind it is what my kind look like in their true forms. I only came here a year ago.”
 
“Oh well that explains a few things. Like why we didn't recognize your kind of Youkai.” Kagome said.
 
“I'm an Edjo, but I don't know much about my kind because I was raised by humans. My mother was killed by another Edjo when I was a child. I was too young to know how to really be what I am.” Tsuyara explained.
 
“You mean you don't know how to be a Youkai?” asked Inuyasha in surprise. Tsuyara shook her head.
 
“No not really.”
 
“But I grew up with humans too… I know how to be a Youkai” Inuyasha found himself saying. Tsuyara looked puzzled by this but answered calmly.
 
“Well, maybe it's something else. The fact is most of my demonic powers and the customs of my kind are a complete mystery to me.”
 
Kagome and Sango took their turn now to explain about the jewel shards. When they mentioned that it makes Youkais' stronger, Tsuyara admitted that while she was in possession of it she did seem to be stronger then usual.
 
Tsuyara continued to stay with them till her wounds healed. Not feeling up to being on her own. Unbeknownst to Inuyasha or the others she had a secret that would also explain why she was weaker against humans then a Youkai should be. But she would not tell them. She wouldn't tell any one.
 
Sesshoumaru sat perched in a tree one clear night. Rin and Jaken were fast asleep at the Trees roots. Sesshoumaru looked out into the darkness of the sky his amber eyes glistening under the nearly full moon. He closed his eyes and thought silently to him self. But then a familiar sent reached his nose. One was his half brother; the others were the Hanyous' traveling companions. Kagome, the odd priestess, Sango, the Youkai slayer, and her fire cat Kirara, the monk Miroku, and the Kitsun Shipou. But another sent was with them; it was vaguely familiar… then the image of the Youkai girl lying on the ground with her golden-white hair gleaming in the sun flashed across his memory.
 
He looked down to the trees roots to see if his companions were still sound asleep. The way Rin laid on the ground and Jakens' snores told him that they were. Sesshoumaru leapt from tree to tree almost silently and effortlessly toward the sent. Why was he going there though? He stopped him self and thought for a moment. He had no need to bother with a young Youkai girl… and it wasn't worth his time either to venture toward Inuyasha. He was about to turn back to his camp but Inuyashas' voice sounded nearby. Sesshoumaru stood still and silent on his branch.
 
“Shh, I think I herd something.” Inuyasha said. Sesshoumaru could smell his half brother coming his way. But Sesshoumaru stood still; he wasn't going to run from a filthy half breed. And he was high enough up that Inuyasha wouldn't be able to see him, as long as the wind don't change its direction Sesshoumaru felt there was no need to worry.
 
But why worry? For some reason Sesshoumaru didn't want to be seen, he didn't want Inuyasha to know he was there. Not because Sesshoumaru could catch Inuyasha off guard if he were not seen, but there was something else in his mind other then fighting. Again golden-white hair entered his thoughts.
 
He could see the red figure that was Inuyasha below him. Sesshoumaru watched wearily from above. Inuyasha sniffed around but Sesshoumaru was down wind so it would be harder for Inuyasha to sniff him out. Inuyasha turned and walked away, shrugging his shoulders.
 
“Must have been some animal.” Sesshoumaru heard him say. As soon as he felt that Inuyasha was gone, Sesshoumaru followed. He leapt silently from tree to tree as he neared a light being cast by a small fire. There he saw all of them, his half brother Inuyasha was sitting moodily on a log while his companions sat around him. Then there she was… sitting in between the Demon slayer and the strange priestess, was the young Youkai girl. Her back was facing Sesshoumaru and, for some unnamable reason, he felt a twinge of disappointment… he shook it off, `where did that come from?' his attention was drawn again towards the fire when Kagome asked the Youkai girl a question.
 
“How are your wounds Tsuyara? Are they felling any better?” the Youkai nodded.
 
“A little, I think I'll be up to leaving tomorrow…” Sesshoumaru paid no attention to her answer, only her name. `So, it's Tsuyara…'
 
*Araso here, I hope you like it so far, this is one of my first fics. Please review! Thanx for reading, there's more to come!*