InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ Tsuyara's story ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer. I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. I do however own Tsuyara. She is my own creation.*
 
Chapter 2.
Tsuyara's story.
 
Morning came, and Tsuyara was ready to leave. After her good-byes she walked into the trees and disappeared. She fingered her necklace as she ventured. With her eyes closed, she imagined some very old and very fond memories. A sudden sound of rustling leaves reached her ears. She opened her eyes and spun around and sniffed the air.
 
Sesshoumaru was still in his tree, he had stayed there during the night. Just wakening, he noticed that the Youkai girl was up. It caught him by surprise that she was so close. He leapt away, heading back to Rin and Jaken.
 
Tsuyara retreated through the trees, away from the sound.
 
Sesshoumaru found Rin and Jaken awake and looking for him. Rin greeted him in her usual manner of that silly bow.
 
“Lord Sesshoumaru, where did you go? You were gone when we awoke!” Jaken squawked.
 
“No were.” Sesshoumaru said emotionlessly, Jaken nodded. “Let's go.” He added.
 
Sesshoumaru walked back to the tree that he had stayed in that night. Stopping, he sniffed the air. He caught the sent that he was after and turned towards the direction that it was in. He wanted to follow her for some reason, she wouldn't leave his mind.
 
“Milord, where are we going?” Rin asked. Sesshoumaru looked around at her.
 
“I'm looking for water.” He lied. That was the first thing that came to him. He sniffed the air again in all hopes that water was near. To his relief, a very faint hint of water had reached his nose; it would take the day to get there. He led Rin and Jaken in that direction, abandoning his pursuit for the Youkai girl.
 
They reached a small river just before dusk. It was slow moving and shallow, so Sesshoumaru allowed Rin to play in the water a bit before they would go to sleep. As he watched Rin splash a squawking Jaken, a sent drifted to him.
 
`She's here…' he thought. He stood up and looked over the river and sniffed again, finding the trail of her sent. “Jaken, watch Rin, and don't let her stay up too late. I'm going to look around.” He commanded the toad.
 
Jaken nodded, but watched his master leap across the river, and disappear into the trees in complete confusion. That didn't seem like him at all.
 
Sesshoumaru followed her sent with interest. Soon his eyes found the soft glow of a dying fire. The Youkai girl called Tsuyara lay asleep just a few feet away.
 
He slowly walked up to her sleeping form. Bending down over her, he surveyed her details. The dim light of the embers gave her hair a heavenly glow. He stretched out his hand and stroked a few of the white-gold hairs; they were silky to the touch, sending strange shivers up Sesshoumaru's spine.
 
Suddenly, a clawed hand dug into his making him topple over. Tsuyara had woken, she looked him. The fear in her eyes was unlike anything Sesshoumaru had ever seen. It took him by surprise and he ripped his hand away from her.
 
“S-sorry.” He heard himself say as he felt heat rise in his face, and he ran.
 
`What on earth possessed me to act in such a way?' Sesshoumaru cursed at him self as he walked back across the river. He looked at his bleeding hand, it was trembling slightly.
 
He settled himself in a tree above Rin and Jaken how had gone to sleep already. He, though, found it hard to sleep that night. The fear in Tsuyara's eyes lingered in his thoughts, and his hand continued to tremble. When he finally did fall into his dreams, they were filled with golden-white hair and crimson eyes.
 
~
 
For a week, Tsuyara was more uneasy at night, especially one night that week. That Youkai stayed at the top of her mind. Even though he had ran, she didn't care he was a male and that was enough of a reason for her to attack him.
 
Her journey took her to a cliff side one morning. She admired the view from its peak for a while and continued on near its edge. The cliff was fascinating to her. There weren't many in Egypt.
 
Then, out of nowhere, Tsuyara was grabbed by two furry brown arms. It was a weasel Youkai. (In the animal kingdom weasels eat snakes, and Tsuyara is a cobra, FYI.) She was able to cut her self loose by swinging her bladed tail at the beasts arms. It was then that she realized there were more. They lunged at her, she tried to fend them off but her tail and claws alone weren't enough. As she attacked them she heard something shatter but took little notice at the time.
 
A flash of white streaked past her vision and several weasels were sliced in half by a demonic sword. Once, the assailant stopped just long enough for Tsuyara to see who it was.
 
`It's that Dog Youkai that was watching me that night a week before!' she remembered.
 
As she watched, one Weasel Youkai grabbed Tsuyara from behind and began to run with her near the edge of the cliff. But the vermin didn't get far. It stopped suddenly and its head rolled away onto the ground. Tsuyara leapt out of it way as the body collapsed. Her footing was lost and she slipped of the cliffs edge.
 
She closed her eyes and prepared for impact but something caught her. Soon they landed and she looked up at the one who caught her. She saw his features more clearly now. Silver hair obscured handsome red and blue markings on his face. Golden emotionless eyes met hers. She panicked.
 
Tsuyara pushed her self away from him several feet. She was surprised to see that he didn't protest. He merely stood there, his face still held no emotion. It was then that she felt a strange lightness around her neck…
 
“My necklace!” she said out loud forgetting that the Dog Youkai was still there “my mother gave that to me.” She cried out. She heard the dog sniff the air and he leapt high up to the top of the cliff. She didn't care at least he was gone. She hurried her search for her precious necklace. `It must have come off during the fight.' She thought. Tears began to swell up in her eyes, that necklace was very dear to her. Just then, something landed close right behind her.
 
“Is this what you're looking for?” said a cold calm voice. Tsuyara twisted around and jumped. The Dog Youkai was back! A golden eye and snake encrusted with blue gems dangling from a golden chain, hung between his fingers. She snatched it from his grasp and held it close to her as she mumbled thanks to her gods. The Dog Youkai nodded and turned.
 
“You had better get those wounds bandaged.” He said as he walked away. She hadn't noticed that her shoulder was bleeding.
 
She watched him walk away and felt something odd stir in her soul. This male just saved her. Never before had she experienced that. She looked down to her hands at the necklace and decided something she would never have done before.
 
~
 
Sesshoumaru walked silently back to where Jaken and Rin sat waiting for him, both of whom very confused at his sudden disappearance. He had smelt the Youkai Tsuyara near by and also the filthy sent of weasels. The sent of blood reached his nose soon after and he departed with out thinking, leaving Rin and Jaken to wait.
 
He felt, for some reason, empty. He had rescued her and retrieved her necklace that was apparently of grate value to her, yet she recoiled and did not thank him. He shook his head. `I don't need to be thanked. I was just in the mood for a good kill' he told him self but something in the depths of his mind said other wise. `You wanted to save her.' it told him.
 
“But why?” he mumbled to him self out loud. He was thankful that neither Jaken nor Rin heard him.
 
As he rested his back on a tree he remained awake that night as Jaken and Rin slept recalling the way Tsuyara had stepped away form him. Yes, though he would not admit it, he was slightly hurt by her actions, but he was also curious as to why. Why would she fear someone how had just saved her? He was surprised to find that her sent had just reached his nose. At first he thought it was just his imagination, but as he looked ahead of him he saw her slowly appear into the fire light.
 
Sesshoumaru said nothing but just looked at her, his emotionless eyes taking in her features. She looked back at him for a quick moment looking as though trying to say something, but then moved her gaze away from him to the ground.
 
“Yes?” he asked his voice toneless.
 
“I just wanted to ask… I mean I wanted to—to say… thank you,” She mumbled, “For saving me.” Sesshoumaru shook his head.
 
“They were nothing more then weak Youkai.” He said.
 
“Then I must be a weaker Youkai then they…” Tsuyara said quietly with sadness written on her face.
 
“I didn't say that.” Sesshoumaru said quickly.
 
“Why did you save me?” she asked suddenly. “And why did you leave me alone?”
 
“I…” Sesshoumaru opened his mouth to reply but nothing came to him. “Come sit down.” He said instead. She shook her head and didn't move.
 
“Why do you retaliate? I saved your life yet you fear me.” He asked his tone as bored as usual. Tsuyara moved toward him but sat about two yards away from him. She looked into the fire.
 
“I've had bad experiences with males in my past… things like that stick with you always.” She said her voice trembled slightly. Sesshoumaru looked sideways at her, a tear rolled down her cheek.
 
“Did a past love hurt you?” Sesshoumaru caught him self saying. Tsuyara shook her head.
 
“No, I have never met any one like that. Males just see me as a pleasurable object.” She hissed silently. She glared into the fire as though it had hurt her. “Both Youkai and human…” she finished. Sesshoumaru gave her a questionable look
 
“My mother was killed when I was very young, too young to have learned any thing from her. I was taken in by a human farmer and I had assumed at the time that he was trying to be kind. But I was young and naïve. He abused me physically and sexually for many years till I could take no more and killed him. I left. On my journey I came across others that did the same.” Her gaze remained in the fire. She didn't know why she was telling him this but it felt good in a way. Sesshoumaru felt a sickening feeling deep inside him, but something nagged at him.
 
“Why couldn't you have attacked them, fight them off?” he asked. She hesitated before answering.
 
“I—I told you, my mother died when I was little. I was just old enough to remember her giving me this necklace and that her name was Hannah. The only things I can fight with are my claws, fangs, and tail. The only power in know wouldn't help me in battle.” She explained.
 
“And what is that?” Sesshoumaru asked.
 
“I can heal wounds both old and new… but I haven't been able to heal my self though.” She said
 
“I suppose there's no point in healing your enemy if you're trying to save your own life.” Sesshoumaru said with the faintest hint of sarcasm in his normally dull voice. Tsuyara smiled faintly, but it faded soon afterward.
 
“Is that why you are afraid of me, because I am male?” he asked her. She nodded.
 
“But I wasn't sure of your intentions afterwards; you had saved me then left me alone. That has never happened to me before. Usually if someone saves me, it was because they just wanted me in their bed.” She said.
 
“Im not like that.” Sesshoumaru said defiantly.
 
“I know that now, I suppose. I guess that's why I came to thank you.” Tsuyara said looking at him for longer then a second for the first time. Sesshoumaru looked into her crimson eyes, he hadn't realized that they were normally that color. He felt heat rise in his cheeks and looked away.
 
`What is this?' He asked himself as he felt his heart begin to pound in his chest. This only happened when he as near Tsuyara, but it seemed to be magnified now.
 
Tsuyara looked at him as he turned his eyes away form her. `Is he blushing?' she thought, his pale cheeks were going slightly red. She didn't know what to think of this and tried to come up with something to say so she could kill this awkward silence.
 
“By the way, I'm Tsuyara.” She said.
 
“Sesshoumaru, Lord of the western lands.”
 
“Well, thanks again lord Sesshoumaru. I guess I'll be going now.” Tsuyara said as she stood up. Sesshoumaru didn't move but before he could stop him self he said.
 
“You don't need to leave, you can stay if you would like.”
 
“I did what I came for… I thanked you…” she began.
 
“Yes… but if you wish to stay… I could protect you…” Sesshoumaru said. It felt though as if he weren't saying it. Tsuyara looked at him both incredulously and thankfully.
 
“I don't…” she started to say.
 
“I wouldn't hurt you. I already said I'm not that type of person.” Sesshoumaru said calmly. Tsuyara opened her mouth to reply but nothing came. She sat back down instead and nodded.
 
“All right.”
 
*Araso here, I hope I'm playing the characters well. And I want to say that this was an idea I had, I'm trying to come up with a Sess/Rin fic. (Just saying this to those who are Sess and Rin fans.) This is a Sess and own-char. story.*