InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ tensions ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer, I don't own Inuyasha or its characters, I do however own Tsuyara.*
 
Chapter 13
Tensions
 
When Sesshoumaru was noticed to have been gone, it wasn't long till Inuyasha and the others figured out where he was. The dog lord had fallen asleep in the hut where Tsuyara lay. They thought it best to let him stay there for as long as he wanted. The group felt a little guilty for keeping him from her after she died.
 
Sesshoumaru woke to the sound of Inuyasha telling the others to let him be. For this he was grateful. He still couldn't understand why his brother had such a huge change of heart towards him. He who numerous times tried to kill him, he who tried to humiliate him, he who hated him… it baffled the dog lord.
 
He looked in front of him, Tsuyara lay there, and though he knew she was dead, it seemed like she were only sleeping. It was odd that her scent only vaguely smelled like what it should. She still had that sandy-flowery smell it wasn't as strong now but it was there. Perhaps she would come back to him… will she want to?
 
This very thought made an odd, uncomfortable ball of knots tangle inside him… when she wakes… would she be angry with him? Would she hate him? The very idea that Tsuyara could despise him made him fell sick. His mind cringed as he looked at her again…
 
He stood up; he had to leave the hut. Pulling a clawed hand through his silvery hair, and taking a deep breath, he willed himself to calm down and step outside the small wooden structure. The sky met him and echoed his feelings. It was deceptively bright and clear, but in the distance there were storm clouds brewing. Whether they would come their way or not it was hard to tell now even with his keen nose, when Tsuyara woke from death, if she dose, there could very well be a storm of another kind…
 
Again willing his nerves to cool, he found Rin and Shipou playing together in the fields just outside the village. It was spring and the abundance of flowers must have been irresistible for the human girl, obviously she dragged the Kitsun into her flower picking. The fox kit seemed to be enjoying it though.
 
`It must be nice for both of them to have someone their own age to play with,' he thought with a smile. No matter what happened he would have to bring Rin around more often so she could spend time with her new found friend.
 
He looked around and saw the others around a fire cooking breakfast. All of them were probably talking. He didn't feel like talking this morning. Sesshoumaru turned away from them and went to walk, to think.
~
Inuyasha sniffed the air, Sesshoumaru was up now. Turning he saw his brother leaving the village. With a sigh he turned to his friends.
 
“I'll be right back.” He said quietly.
 
As much as he didn't want to admit it, he was worried about his brother. When Sesshoumaru claimed that he should be dead instead of Tsuyara, little alarm bells went off in his mind. Toto-sai had better hurry and fix Tensiega, and Inuyasha hoped that it would work… but Sesshoumaru was stronger then that wasn't he? Inuyasha would just keep an eye on him… Sesshoumaru was after all, his only family.
~
Shipou and Rin, unknowingly, wandered into the field that Sesshoumaru looked out at. The dog lord was high in one of the trees that surround the small clearing. it almost made Sesshoumaru laugh… Rin hated lizards, but when the fox kit caught one, she, however reluctantly, let him show it to her. She in turn would catch butterflies and do the same, Shipou didn't seem like he was much interested but looked at the insect anyways.
 
“Those two are funny aren't they?” Sesshoumaru heard Inuyasha say to him from the ground. He suppressed a growl; all he wanted was to be alone. Inuyasha jumped into an adjacent tree and looked at his brother pointedly.
 
“What do you want?” Sesshoumaru muttered
 
“I was following them.” Inuyasha said pointing at Shipou and Rin.
 
“Liar”
 
Inuyashas ears twitched. Sesshoumaru nodded his head once acknowledging to Inuyasha that he knew why he was here, the Hanyou was worried. Inuyashas ears drooped for a second but soon turned to the children. Rin had just talked Shipou into making a halo of flowers.
 
“Tsuyara taught her how to do that,” Sesshoumaru said, the vaguest of smiles on his face. But sadness gleamed in his eyes as he remembered her. “Rin loved having her around.”
 
“I'd imagine she would” Inuyasha whispered.
 
“More then once…” Sesshoumaru began, reminiscing. “Tsuyara said she wanted her own.”
 
Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. “Yeah?”
 
Sesshoumaru nodded absentmindedly. “When by the chance we came to a village who accepted her as a kind Youkai, she would always play with their children. It didn't matter to her what they were… she loved the little ones.”
 
“She always did like Shipou.” Inuyasha said.
 
“Yes, but its sad. Her fears keep her from her dreams…” Sesshoumaru sighed. Inuyasha knew he was referring to Tsuyara's fear of men… but a thought struck Inuyasha, a faint grin forming on his lips.
 
“Perhaps…” he began slowly. Sesshoumaru turned and eyed the tone of Inuyashas voice wearily. “There is one male that she feels comfortable with.”
 
Sesshoumaru continued to eye his brother. “What exactly are you implying?” he half growled.
 
“I'm talking about you, idiot.” Inuyasha smiled. Sesshoumaru glared, but a hint of red dusted his pale face. “And I know you love her…”
 
“Who says shell love and trust me after it was I who caused her death?” Sesshoumaru suddenly hissed before leaping into the trees back to camp…
 
Inuyasha sat there fuming; he was merely trying to brighten the dog lord's spirits.
 
`Feh, that went well…'
~
Sesshoumaru returned to the camp, sitting down against a hut out of view from the others, he growled. The thought of Tsuyara being with him was one thing, maybe even pleasant had she never died. But now with the circumstances, if she comes back that is, how could Tsuyara ever love him again like she did before they parted? It wasn't possible. Inuyasha had to bring up his love for the girl now…
 
“That stupid… nagging… annoying little…” his murmurings were cut short.
 
“You're the one who's annoying!” Inuyasha found him. “I was trying to cheer you up!”
 
“Stop trying!” Sesshoumaru yelled back.
 
“Its irritating to see you all depressed over your lover! Snap out of it, and stop jumping to conclusions!”
 
“I am not jumping to conclusions mutt!” Sesshoumaru hissed, standing up. Their voices carried to the others, bringing them closer to see what was awry
 
“Yes you are, you atomaticaly think that Tsuyara will hate you! I have a hard time believing that she would have spent four years trying to find your sword shards to go back to you and then throw it all away.”
 
Sesshoumaru didn't answer right away, he took in this view, but another thing came to him and scratched at his mind. “maybe so… but she called my name right before she fell, you didn't hear it I think but it only means that she thought I could save her and I didn't.”
 
Inuyasha rolled his eyes. “Something tells me she had no idea that you where right there, and that was just an impulse. Again you're jumping to conclusions, so not like you.”
 
Sesshoumaru looked away from him; refusing to admit it to the Hanyou that he had a point… his mind would not accept that Tsuyara would forgive him so easily. He ignored Inuyasha till the half dog struck him across the head with his fist.
 
“Are you looking to die!?” Sesshoumaru yelled.
 
“No, but maybe a good fight will snap you out of this daze!”
 
“Inuyasha sit! Sesshoumaru don't even try it!” Kagome warned as Inuyasha fell to the ground.
 
“What would stop me from hurting you human? Unlike half mutt here, I have no necklace for you to `sit' me with.” Sesshoumaru mocked, a little bit of his old self showing through.
 
“Maybe not, but Tsuyara would defiantly hate you if I was killed under your claws.” She smiled back in the same mocking way that Sesshoumaru was sporting. The dog lord sighed, and then growled. But who the growl was pointed at was hard to say, it may have well been at him self.
 
*another short one I know… sigh. I'm not liking this pattern of short chapters and long chapters, but hey, I'm getting the story written right? That's all that matters.*