InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Anyone can love ❯ that first day ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*Disclaimer, I don't own Inuyasha or its characters, I do however own Tsuyara.*
 
Chapter 12
That first day
 
They returned just as Inuyasha predicted, at noon. Kagome was anxious to see them, worried that the two of them would have killed each other. She was wrong; strangely the two brothers were talking placidly. Sesshoumaru still looked torn but at least he wasn't tearing into Inuyasha like she expected. Inuyasha had a similar look on his face but it seemed like it was out of sympathy for his older brother. It must have been really hard for Inuyasha to see Sesshoumaru crumble like that as Tsuyara died, it was odd to think that Inuyasha might miss the Sesshoumaru who tried to kill him every time they met…
 
Rin ran past the Miko to her lord, Sesshoumaru welcomed the little girls embrace greatly. Tsuyara, while she had traveled with him, seemed to become somewhat of a motherly figure to the little girl. Rin had to have been feeling a similar loss that he was, he thought bitterly.
 
`She would have been a good mother too…' the stray thought crossed his mind; he shook it mentally to release him of it. Why did he think of that now? He felt Inuyashas eyes on him, they were curious.
 
“Why are you blushing?” he asked. Sesshoumaru growled … thankfully an odd smell seemed to distract his little brother.
 
“Is that ramen?” he asked the Miko, she nodded as the Hanyou ran past her to the camp happily. Kagome looked at Sesshoumaru and Rin, gesturing them to follow.
~
Sesshoumaru was interested in the way Inuyasha ate the strange food called ramen. He wolfed it down with relish. The odd mix of scents that swam in the little container smelled… well good. Inuyasha spotted his brother eyeing the cup of noodles, blinked, then growled possessively.
 
“Get your own.” He hissed with his mouth still full of the long noodles. Sesshoumaru was about to retort when Kagome handed him his own steaming cup of ramen.
 
“There you go.” She said sitting back down. Sesshoumaru sniffed the water suspiciously, such an interesting mix of smells… he tasted it. Now he could see why Inuyasha liked it so much. In a matter of a few minutes the ramen was gone. Inuyasha almost chocked.
 
“You ate that faster then I did!”
 
Ignoring the younger, he turned to the Miko. “Where did you acquire this?” he asked. She laughed
 
“My time, we have a lot of food like that. Ramen is Inuyashas favorite so I bring it with me a lot.”
 
“Your time?” Sesshoumaru echoed confused.
 
“Yeah, you know that bone eaters well?” Inuyasha helped in the explanation
 
“I've heard of it.”
 
“It allows me and Inuyasha go through time. It's a link between this age and the modern day.” Kagome said.
 
Sesshoumaru soaked this in. that would explain why the girl was so strange… he wondered if the future was just as odd as she was.
 
For a moment Sesshoumaru forgot his pain.
 
He watched the group with which Inuyasha traveled while searching for the Shikon-no-tama. There antics at times made him feel like smiling. But even though, there was something that tugged at him. The monk and Inuyasha each had a woman with them. Whether they felt for the females or not… Inuyasha still had Kagome, and Miroku still had Sango, with a weird twinge, he also realized how often Rin and the little Kitsun would spend time playing with each other. Sesshoumaru had no one, it hit him again how much he loved the snake Hanyou… how much he missed her.
 
He couldn't watch them any more, with out them noticing Sesshoumaru turned to walk to the hut where Tsuyara's body waited.
 
Kaede was there chanting some kind of prayer. He was about to turn and leave to the old Miko to her work but she stopped and turned to him.
 
“I- I am sorry. I didn't mean to intrude.” Sesshoumaru mumbled to the ground. The old woman smiled.
 
“I was finished. I have asked the Kami to leave her soul with her as long as they may.” Her wise face read his thoughts. “Ye wish to be alone with her.”
 
Sesshoumaru nodded.
 
The Miko left him alone. His heart felt numb as he looked down at Tsuyara's lifeless body. Her pale face looked cold; the golden white strands of her hair lost their heavenly glow. He noted to himself vaguely that night was near… her body wouldn't change tonight; for the first time she would be a Youkai on her one night she was not meant to.
 
He walked to the wall closest to her and leaned his back against it; slowly he slid down to the ground. Memories of his dear Tesu filled his mind, each one accusing.
 
“Yes?” he asked his voice toneless.
 
“I just wanted to ask… I mean I wanted to—to say… thank you,” She mumbled, “For saving me.” Sesshoumaru shook his head.
 
“They were nothing more then weak Youkai.” He said.
 
“Then I must be a weaker Youkai then they…” Tsuyara said quietly with sadness written on her face.
 
“I didn't say that.” Sesshoumaru said quickly.
 
“Why did you save me?” she asked suddenly. “And why did you leave me alone?”
 
“I…”
 
He didn't understand then what she was so afraid of…
 
“Males just see me as a pleasurable object.” She hissed.
 
He knew now.
 
“So Inuyasha's your brother?” Tsuyara asked when she caught up with him.
 
Half brother” he said viciously. “He's a filthy half breed that brought my father to his demise.”
 
“He… what?” Tsuyara asked. She was surprised by this sudden violent mood.
 
“I despise him. I despise all Hanyous.”
 
Not all… now he knew why she looked so scared… she was afraid of him.
 
Sesshoumaru put a hand on Tsuyara's shoulder, he was surprised that she didn't flinch. But before he could say anything, Rin and Jaken had returned. It made Tsuyara jump… she slipped into the water, bringing Sesshoumaru with her.
 
They resurfaced at the same time. Their faces were just an inch away from one another. For one long second, golden eyes stared into crimson…
 
He closed his eyes as he remembered the experience at the spring.
 
“She's a sweet girl.” She told him quietly. “Why is it that she's with you?” she asked looking into Sesshoumarus eyes.
 
`The same reason you're here… to protect her…'
 
To protect her…
 
“I don't want to tell you…” she sobbed out in a silent whisper almost too low for Sesshoumaru to hear. “… I'm afraid.” She buried her head in her knees again and continued to cry. Sesshoumaru didn't know what she was afraid to tell him but at that very moment it didn't mater to him. Without realizing it… or more, without caring what his usual person felt for this sort of thing, he pulled her forward into his chest and cradled her with his one arm. Her sobbing intensified as she leaned her head on his chest. He was surprised that she didn't flinch, or retaliate from his actions; instead it seemed that despite her better judgment, she welcomed the contact.
 
“If you don't want to tell me… you don't need to.” Sesshoumaru found himself saying as he brushed his hand through her gleaming hair.
 
“I'm sorry” she breathed out with a muffled sob.
 
“Don't be” he whispered in her ear.
 
Sesshoumaru closed his eyes and leaned his head on the top of hers while she cried into his chest. He couldn't explain it but he didn't care. All he wanted to do right then was hold her… hold her till the end of time. All thought left him as he held her there. The glossy touch of her hair beneath his fingers and her gentle sobbing was all he knew.
 
As the morning grew into the early noon, Sesshoumaru continued to hold Tsuyara with him, leaning against the tree with her cuddled against his chest. After her sobbing subsided she remained quite for most of the morning as her tear drenched cheeks dried and cleared. She sighed softly and looked up at Sesshoumaru, his eyes and been on her most of the morning.
 
“Sesshoumaru… I don't want to tell you…” she began her voice, though even, was sad and forced.
 
“I said you don't need to.” He reminded her gently.
 
“Yes… but I know that you'll find out later… so I'm asking you, when you do… please don't be angry with me…” she mumbled to his chest. He could tell that though she was afraid to say anything something in her wanted to, just not now.
 
“I promise.”
 
Promise…
 
“I don't think I'm afraid of you anymore…”
 
“When you were holding me, I felt safe…”
 
She trusted him
 
`Sesshoumarus not really a nice guy…” the Miko said.
 
Was she right?
 
“If you want to kill a Hanyou then kill me!”
 
She had so much anger…
 
“I couldn't get away… I was torn between love and fear…”
 
She loved him
 
“What difference will it make when you're human?”
 
His heart told her that…
 
Then he sent her away… the sword broke in her hands and he sent her away… destroying everything they had together.
 
“Tesu I'm sorry.” Sesshoumaru muttered
 
He could almost feel her soul sit next to him…
 
* I so hope I'm getting Sesshoumarus character down well… as well as all the other characters. Now don't cry! I know this is getting sad but it will get better soon!!! Drama and hilarity are ahead. Araso*