InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Birthday Wishes ❯ First Disputes ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: No, I don't own InuYasha. Do you really think I would be on a fanfiction site? Okay, I probably would still be on fanfiction.net. Forget I asked.

Thanks to all my reviewers especially, PimpTroyce for the wonderful review! You sent me a long review and I just practically wept at the complaiments! Thanks you so much! This chapter is dedicated to you baby!
----------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------

First Disputes:

InuYasha and Kagome broke away from a quick embrace to say their goodbyes.

"Ya know if you need me you just have to have Sesshomaru send someone to get me."

"Thanks InuYasha."

And with that the said half-demon turned and lept in to the trees toward the village. Kagome wondered what life would be like for
InuYasha and Kikyou now that they had a second chance together. Kagome, being the selfless person she was, hoped that things would work out this time. She didn't notice the poison insects buzzing overhead.

Kagome felt so relieved. She got everything that she wanted off her chest. Now she just had to worry about a cold-hearted demon lord. That's when the reality of the situation hit her. She would be staying with Sesshomaru! God why hadn't she thought about what she was doing!

'What have I gotten myself in to? I mean when I saw Rin I totally forgot about everything he's done to me! I even forgot everything he could do to me!'

Now this just shows how forgiving Kagome is. It also shows how dense she can act sometimes, too!

"Okay, okay just keep it together Kagome. You can do this! He needs your help, therefor he needs you alive! Yes logic is a good thing."

A deep voice yanked Kagome out of her self-reassurance speech.

"Are you ready yet, priestess?"

"Ahhh!" Kagome screamed rather loudly.

"Silence your screams girl."

Kagome stood in front of the said mentioned demon lord clutching her chest and panting trying to fill her lungs with much needed oxygen. After she was able to slow her breathing again she stomped up to the demon and stuck a finger in his chest preparing for her lecture.

"Don't sneak up on me like that! You almost gave me a freakin' heart attack! Where did you come from?!"

"Don't ask such obvious questions I heard InuYasha leave from the other end of the forest and came to get you."

"But he just left like five seconds ago!"

"What exactly is your point?"

"Ahhh. I don't have a point! Who says I need a point?! Since when do women always need to have a point?!"

"Hmph, it is my experience that they hardly ever have one."

"You got some nerve you arrogant creep!"

"I'm going to let that pass this time. It is obvious you are still afraid."

"Well, of course I am! You snuck up on me and scared me half to death!"

"I would have thought that it was that fact that I could kill you in a blink of an eye."

"I guess that too." Kaome said shakily.

"Come, let us depart. I don't wish to be near this human village any longer."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Hold your horses buddy."

"I have no horses with me. You are not delusional, are you? If you are I don't think that you are capable of-"

"AHHHHHHHHH! It's a saying. You know an EXPRESSION!"

"Silence yourself. You hurt my ears with your screeching."

"I am NOT SCREECHING! I am YELLING! Get it straight!"

"Enough!"

With that Kagome shut her mouth and blinked repeatidly. She silently thought to herself.

'God he's as bad as InuYasha.'

After that thought Sesshomaru started heading in the direction he came from.

"Wait! I have to go get my bag."

Before Sesshomaru could argue she started running in the direction of the village. As her form disappeared Sesshomaru questioned himself again.

'Was it really wise to ask this human for help?'

He let out an inaudiable sigh and jumped up in to the nearest tree. He sat against the trunk on a sturdy branch to watch for the girl. Surely it was the right thing to do. He knew nothing of human illness or medicince of any kind. Than another thought struck him.

'Why does Naraku fear this human girl? Surely she can pose no real threat. Does she have an unknown power? True she is a priestess, but just a human one. Does the dead woman honestly expect Naraku to come after this girl?'

Sesshomaru sighed. His thoughts would have to be pushed to the back of his head until he had time to ponder over his questions. The young woman came running out of a bush a few meters away and he thought he'd have a little fun.

"Sesshomaru?! I'm ready. Where are you?"

After she asked her question he boted out of the tree, faster than any human or demon eye could ever hope to register, and landed two inches in front of her.

"AHH! DIDN'T I ALREADY TELL YOU NOT TO SCARE ME LIKE THAT!"

Sesshomaru merly smirked at her yelling this time. It was an awfully amusing site to see her scared and then to see her get angry. She certainly was a passionate girl. With the most outrageous facial expressions which she openly showed. She also showed so many different emotions in so little time! She had so many mood swings. How on earth was he going to survive the time she would be spending with him?!

"Jeez, you could kill a girl with that kind of speed." Kagome said pointing an accusing finger in his direction. Then she whispered to herself, "In more ways than one." With that came an interesting mental image which caused Kagome to shake her head to try to rid her brain of such thoughts.

"What was that, girl?" Sesshomaru had heard, but just barely. He wasn't sure if he heard her right, even with his enhanced hearing.

"No-nothing!" Kagome stuttered nervously. Than thought to herself, 'Let's see a guy who can comply when you say "faster" or "harder." Woa! I have definetly been hanging around Eri way too long. And with that Kagome broke in to a fit of laughter. She couldn't help herself!

"What causes such laughter?" Sesshomaru asked more to himself than Kagome.

"Sor-sorry." Kagome managed between giggles. She was turning in to such a pervert. Eri would have been proud. She would have to write this encounter in her diary for sure. With that thought Kagome yelled a very unladylike...

"Crap!"

Sesshomaru widened his eyes a fraction to show his shock. What kind of girl was she?

"I can't believe I left my diary at home."

"What is a diary?" Sesshomaru couldn't help his curiosity. He never really could, but usually he would just ignore it.

"It's a book with a lock on it where someone can write their personal and private thoughts and feelings." Kagome made sure to put extra emphasis on the words 'personal' and 'private.' She could always just make one or use one of her school notebooks.

"I will not wait any longer for you to retrieve some book. We will depart now."

Now Kagome wasn't planning on going back to her time to get it, but she sure as hell wasn't going to take orders from him! Before she could open her mouth Sesshomaru grabbed her by the waist and formed his cloud under their feet and her bag.

Kagome gave a yelp and threw her arms around Sesshomaru's neck hugging herself to his chest. Sesshomaru looked down at her with a shocked expression. He was glad she didn't look up, because no matter how hard he tried he couldn't put on his stoic face he couldn't. He thought to himself as he watched Kagome slowly loosen his grip and open her eyes.

'How can she be so afraid of heights and then show such little fear of me?'

Kagome had her thoughts too, 'God he flies MUCH higher than InuYasha. I swear if he drops me I'll purifly his ass so hard he won't even know what hit him!'

Sesshomaru noticed the girl's aura flare and turn a bright pink. He could smell a spike in her scent.

'Anger? She is angered? By what? Obviously this girl does pose a threat to a demon such as Naraku.'

Sesshomaru found himself looking down at the girl with curiousity. He didn't know why, but he found himself suddenly very protective of her. He put on his own frown.

"What angers you so?"

"Huh?"

Suddenly her scent changed from anger back to it's original scent.

"Oh I'm sorry. I was just thinking how mad I'd get if you dropped me. How did you know I was angry?"

"The change in your scent and aura."

"You can tell when my aura changes?"

Sesshomaru merly nodded 'yes' and kept flying.

"You don't need to fear me dropping you. I wouldn't consider it."

He wouldn't admit to Kagome that he didn't consider dropping her out of fear of what she could possibly do to him.


A/N: Okay, you know how whenever Sesshomaru is described the one word that seems to show up the most is 'stoic?' I really hate using words that you see a lot and I also wondered at the same time what the hell the blasted word meant so I looked it up. Here's the definition...

Stoic-One who is seemingly indifferent to or unaffected by joy, grief, pleasure, or pain.
I read that and thought, 'Oh my God! That suits Sesshomaru perfectly! So even though I absolutly hate being a copy cat, I've decided that wound to my pride is a small price to pay for a good description.
Thanks to all my reviewers once again...I Love You All!
-Anime Gurlie