InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets ❯ A New Friend ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: sorry that it took so long to get this chapter out. I had to go to Canada for 10 days and I had no access to a computer to type. I also had a serious case of writer’s block. Luckily I now am back and am trying to make time to type this. I already have part of chapter 3 typed but I don’t know how long it will be until I can get back online to post it. Thank you.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha, only Tahani in this chapter.

Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets

Chapter 2 - A New Friend

~~~~~KAGOME'S TIME~~~~~

Kagome stormed passed Souta, and went up the stairs to her room. "Hay sis. What's up?" He asked as he followed his angry sister into her room. "Oh no, did you get into a fight with `Yasha again?"

"Yes! Souta, I need a little time to think okay?"

"That’s fine. But I need to tell you this first. Is that okay?"

"Alright, what is it?"

“Mom signed you up for a school that is a bit of a distance away from here. A half an hour by car. Are you okay with that?”

“What?,” she looked up at her brother in surprise but than shook the feeling quickly. “Sure, what ever.” She let her brother leave than screeched into the pillow beside her. She heard a soft knock on her door and looked up to see her brother still standing there.

“Was it that bad?”

“Don’t worry about it alright. I’ll be okay in a little while. Was there something else you needed to tell me?”

“Oh yeah! There is a ‘ small ’ dance at the school tomorrow. You are expected to be there at 7:30.”

“Great!!” She said sarcastically. “I get to be hated by more people this year!”

“Sorry sis. I can’t help you there.”

“Thank you Souta. You’ve been a big help.” She gave him a hug and a big smile. “Thanks.” He left the room to let her get some rest after his last comment.

“No problem sis. Good night.” He then shut the door to leave her in peace.

Kagome had been very grateful to hear her family’s voices again after the long time that she had been away in search for the shards. And she also liked that Souta seemed to be becoming a very responsible young man who was dedicated to helping his sister pass in school. She loved her family so much and to some extent wanted to stay here for as long as she could. She drifted off in to deep slumber and started dreaming about her adventures to come.

~~~Kagome's Dream~~~

In her dream she saw a girl. Her hair was black with a red streak almost covering her right eye. Her eyes were a dark shade of purple that went well with her hair. She was wearing a suit that was black and red like everything else. But she was standing to the side, in the shadows out of sight, facing Naraku. She looked like a girl from Kagome's time, but was standing in the feudal era. (This made no sense to Kagome, but hay, its a dream.) It was a dark night in the feudal era but the moon was full. The full moon was when Sesshomaru turned human, but he was still strong in his swordplay. Sesshomaru was laid up against a tree bleeding in front of Naraku who looked like he was laughing, but Kagome could not hear it. Sound started playing as if before it was on mute.

“You can not defeat me Sesshomaru. You are too weak from human emotions. You are a demon Sesshomaru, I thought you would be a better match for me.” Naraku said shaking his head. “I’m disappointed in you.”

“I may be weaker than I normally am, but it is not because of my emotions. My love makes me stronger.” Sesshomaru fought to stay conscious. He was becoming very weak because of the amount of blood loss.

“You are a pitiful demon. You do not deserve to have demon blood or live as a demon. I will put you out of your misery.” Naraku stepped forward.

“He is a better demon than you’ll ever be!” The girl said stepping out of the shadows.

“You dare challenge me. You are but a mere human.” Naraku laughed. “You are a foolish little human if you think that I am an easy match.”

“Yes, but you underestimate me.” The girl said calmly.

“Karra no! You don’t know what your up against!” Sesshomaru pleaded.

Storm clouds formed above the girl who’s said name was Karra. Lighting flashed for a minute or two, than struck around Karra. Her hair lifted up in the air along with debris and rocks from the ground. Her eyes glowed white and the light surrounding her engulfed her. All you could see was a human shaped light lifting up until it was a good three feet off the ground.

Naraku had to turn a way from the bright light, then the figure gradually lowered to the ground. When it reached the ground it flashed brightly than disappeared, leaving the girl now standing there. The girl now looked a lot different. She now had a tail that was a lot like Sesshomaru’s but not as fluffy. You could tell that she was either a white Retriever (instead of golden) or an arctic wolf. (now do you see why my screen name is ‘Artic Wolf ’?) She had white wolf ears and had eminence hearing. (Great hearing for those of you who don’t know the meaning of eminence. For those of you that don’t, do not feel bad.) She had silver eyes that surged with power. Her claws were something. They were sharp enough to cut through bone, metal, stone, and even lead. Her hair had turned from black with red to a more of a beautiful silver-white mixture. She now wore a kimono that was very close to Sesshomaru’s but was blue on the shoulder instead of red. She held her sword in a baldric on her left shoulder. Her hair flowed in the nights wind a bit then every thing but the girl went back to normal.

“You may have the looks but do you have the strength?” Naraku challenged.

“Oh, just watch. And don’t hold back just because I’m a girl, got that?”

“You don’t have to worry about that.” Naraku stepped forward. “After I finish you, I will gladly finish him too. You are no match for me.” He repeated again.

“Karra...!” Sesshomaru let out before he lost consciousness.

“Sesshomaru! Hang in there!” She told him. “This is for Sesshomaru!” She said in a low voice raising her hand in the air slowly. “ NIGA! ” she yelled as she as a sword appeared into her hand.

“ You can not defeat me with that small sword. ” Naraku laughed.

“ I don’t plan to.” she move her hand so it pointed to Sesshomaru. “Swords!” she commanded as Sesshomaru’s two swords flew to her. All three swords lifted out of her hands rotating in the air. Another light flashed leaving one sword left. That sword was the three combined into one.

“I’ve had enough of just standing here. This ends now.” Naraku flashed behind her grabbing her by her wrists with one hand and putting his other arm around her neck and shoulders. Karra fisted her hands, and watched Naraku wince, than let go.

“ What the hell? ” He murmured.

“I ‘ burn ’ easily.” she said with a brief smile. Naraku jumped up and made a small vortex above his head. His ‘little bug friends ’ flew out and swarmed toward Karra, but all they did was fly around her and back towards Naraku.

“Well, you are full of little surprises aren’t you?”

Karra swung her blade at Naraku slicing his shoulder. Out flew miasma from the cut as it closed. Karra put the sleave of her kimono over her mouth not knowing what this purple gas was. Naraku could not see Karra who was standing in the middle of the cloud...

Kagome woke up...

---------------------------

Kagome got up out of her bed and looked at her clock. ‘Only eleven? I went to bed an hour ago...I’m hungry. ’ She grabbed a flashlight and headed down stairs into the kitchen and went over to the fridge. Opening the door she saw nothing but junk. ‘Great. I leave for a month or more so they live on junk! I think that they need me more than Inuyasha. ’ She grabbed an apple from the stash that she had. After she finished the apple she threw it away and went up stairs to fall back asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~Next Day~~~~~~~~~~

The next day went over surprisingly well until 7:00 pm when she needed to leave. She had already picked out a dress and matching high healed shoes for the nights dance. She knew that it would be quite warm that evening so her coat would not be needed. She grabbed her small hand bag that held her new cellular phone, her keys, tissues, and other needed items, than headed outside after saying a short ‘bye, see you later ’ to her family.

After walking down the sidewalk from her house she stoped in front of her car. She paused for a minute taking in her surroundings. ‘Boy, its great to be home!’ Kagome thought as she unlocked her car door. As she opened the door she could feel something strange. It was like someone was watching her, but it wasn’t human. She looked around but no one could be scene so she quickly got into her car to start it and get out of there, but it wouldn’t start. “Start damn it! Start! Oh great, I’m starting to sound like Inuyasha.” She thought that she would burst from frustration but before she could the car just died on her. ‘Great! Now how am I supposed to get there!?’ she thought as she came out of the car. She went over to the tire and kicked it. The tire deflated as she yelled at it. “Stupid, good for nothing car!! ”

“ That’s not going to help is it? ” a voice questioned calmly behind her causing her to jump and spin on her heals.

“W-Who are you?” she said a little uneasy. ‘And why didn’t I sense you!’

“My name is Tahani Saharu.” The girl that stood before Kagome was about 5’6” with long black hair with a red streak that almost covered her right eye. Her eyes were a dark shade of purple that surprisingly went very well with her hair. For clothing she had on a black jacket that had a red column going from each shoulder to the sides of her zipper. She wore pants that matched perfectly with the jacket. She had her hands in the jacket pockets starring straight at Kagome. “ Where you headin’?” She asked as she walked closer.

Kagome looked at her watch and saw the time. ‘ 7:23! Oh no, I’m going to be late!’ “Um,..I’m supposed to be at this school dance that starts in about five minutes and my car died. The school is about a half an hour away from here.”

“What school?” The girl arched an eyebrow awaiting a response.

“....” The two girls talked for about five more minutes when Kagome, once again noticed the time. “Oh! Every one is already going to hate me for being late and the school year hasn’t even started yet!”

“Their not going to hate you. As I always say, better late than never.” Tahani said with a reassuring smile. “You want a lift, I’m heading over there my self.”

“Really? That would be great, thanks!”

“Of course! My car is parked over here.” Tahani lead Kagome to her car and watched Kagome go into shock.

“I-I-Its beautiful!!” A black Convertible with a hard top stood in front of the girl in awe. A red double line went from the hood of the car to the back of it. Tahani opened the passengers side door so Kagome could get in.

“Climb in Miz Higurashi!” She smiled and bowed pointing to the passengers seat. Kagome happily took Tahani’s offer and sat down safely in the comfy seat. Tahani closed the door and walked around to her side and paused. She looked over at Kagome’s car. She waved her hand slowly as the tire inflated. She stood there for a good few seconds as Kagome was getting comfortable in the car. Kagome saw that the hard top was up but you could still tell that it was a convertible. The windows were dark but Kagome pondered if it was tinted. It probably was, because it was so dark that you couldn’t even see a shadow of a figure through them. Tahani must of liked her privacy. Kagome knocked on the window to snap Tahani out of her daze. It must have worked because she finally got into the car and started it up.

They drove around the corner when Kagome started thinking. ‘ How did she know my name back there, and why didn’t I sense her approaching me? And why is she so late like I am but over in my area? She told me that she lived a little ways away from the school and it took her about ten minutes to drive there. This is really strange. ’ “Is any thing wrong Kagome?”

“No, no. I’m fine. You?” Kagome asked as a return.

“I’m okay. Oh, and your phone is ringing.”

‘No its not. ’ She thought as she took out her phone. Sure enough a minute later it began ringing. Kagome looked at her new found friend in amazement. “ Hello?” Kagome said cautiously.

“Kagome? Its me,” Kagome rolled her eyes skyward at the sound of her mothers voice. Tahani pushed a blue button on the dash board bringing down the hard cover. “your car is still parked out side but you are no where to be seen. Where are you?”

“ My car died again so this girl Tahani Saharu gave me a lift, She is going there too. By the way, the tire is blown too.”

“How did the tire blow?” Her mother questioned.

“ I kinda got mad and kicked the tire.”

“You know not to do that.”

“I know.” Kagome pouted. “Mom I got to go.”

“Okay. Have fun now.”

“I will.” Kagome hung up the phone and sighed. She watched Tahani push the blue button again as they arrived at the school. The car rolled to a stop and Tahani got out to slide around the car to open the door for Kagome.

“ Hop on out.” she said with another bow. Kagome slid out of the car only to hear a rip behind her.

“Shit” she mumbled looking behind her. She grabbed the remains of the dress and was trying to find out if she was showing anything when Tahani stepped forward.

“You okay?”

“Yeah, but my dress isn’t.” She sighed and watched Tahani open the back door of the car and grab a
bag and a robe. She handed the robe to Kagome and motioned for her to put it on. “Okay.” Kagome grabbed it and put it on.

“Follow me Kagome, and keep up okay. We don’t want to be seen yet.”

“What’s in the bag?”

“You’ll see.” Tahani grabbed Kagome’s wrist and pulled her along into the large high school. Tahani took Kagome through the double doors that were marked ‘main entrance ’ than took a sharp left into the hallway. They stayed very close to the wall as if trying not to be scene by any one. Walking fast down the hall way they went past the gym and took a right. From there it was just straight ahead. Now Kagome could see where they were going, the girl’s locker room. “In here.” She whispered as they ducked inside. Once they were inside and Tahani knew that they were alone she sat down on the floor over by one of the benches and put the bag down on it. “What size are you?” She asked as she dug through her silk bag that could very well fit a puppy in it.

“Why??” Kagome asking unsure of her new friend.

“Okay, fine. Just try this on. See if it fits.” She pulled her hand out of the bag and a beautiful dress along with it. Kagome winced as she thought about how much it must have cost. She finally took the dress out of Tahani’s hands and squealed.

“Oh my god!! It is beautiful!” She squealed again than turned and ran into one of the stalls. A few minutes and rustles went by before Tahani spoke again.

“Sorry about the bottom being so short but it was made that way.”

“Oh, you don’t have to worry. My school uniform was about an inch lower than this, so its perfect for me. Just out of curiosity...how much did this dress cost? And are these real diamonds on the bracelet attached to the gloves?!”

“One; the dress cost just about nothing, and two; yes they are.”

“Why did it cost ‘almost ’ nothing? Did some one else pay for it?”

“No, I made it...the materials cost a bit and I convinced my friend to help my pay for the diamonds. It is my best creation yet but it doesn’t fit any more. I thought that I would give it to you. From what I’ve heard from you so far, I think that I can trust you to take care of it.”

“You mean that you’re letting me keep it!?”

“Yeah, I think that when you out grow it you can keep it until you have children, hopefully you have at least one girl, you can give it to her. You know, like a family air-loom. From my family to yours.”

“Cool. That’ll be fun.” Kagome sounded a little muffled on her last comment having put the dress over her head. She came out to see Tahani already in her dress. “How did you get your dress on so quickly? I didn't hear you slip it on."

“Oh...I did it quickly and quietly...so I could...hear you better and not have to tell you to hold on.” Tahani ended her sentence with a triumphant tone in her voice.

“If you say so.” Kagome shrugged as she watched Tahani go through her bag again. ‘How much stuff can fit in there!’ she thought as she saw Tahani pull out a mirror and a round box. She handed the mirror to Kagome so that she could examine the dress that she was given.

The dress was black velvet with red, silk ribbon rapped around the waist and also went from shoulder to shoulder. The hemming also was lined with red silk ribbon that was made to look like red fire. The dress was completed by a pair of red silk gloves and high healed shoes. Attached to the gloves were a beautiful bracelet made of real clear and red diamonds going in a pattern of every other color. Also on the high healed shoes there were red silk bows that had diamonds circling the center.

Tahani’s dress was very similar to Kagome. It was black velvet as well but was a bit longer at the bottom with very similar design. But the bow was an accessory hair tie. Tahani put her hair into a high ponytail and put the ribbon on it.

After Kagome finally was finished admiring her own marvelous dress, Tahani took the round box and sat back on the floor. She opened the box and reviled a red jewel like the Shinkon no Tama that Kagome carried. Tahani picked the jewel up and handed it to Kagome quickly than looked at her hand. Kagome took the necklace’s chain than looked at Tahani’s hand as well. Her hand had a strange burn that disappeared instantly. Kagome didn’t know what was going on so she acted like she didn’t see any thing. Kagome examined the jewel and noticed that a small portion of it was missing.

‘Oh no, not again! Watch a hanyou come up an need my help in this time. I really don’t want to go through this again. That’s strange, I can see an angelic aura around the jewel...Wait if it burned her when she touched it and didn’t burn me, than she must be a demon! But... I can’t see any demonic aura around her so...she must not be that strong...or this thing doesn’t like humans?... Wait I don’t see any power signature at all, not any thing. But the jewel could tell, why did she give it to me?...My head hurts...I think that she is just a shadowy human, not a demon...whatever!’

She put the necklace around her neck and admired how well it went with the dress. As she looked in the mirror she noticed that it had turned a lighter red than it was before. Being as scared and not sure of what was happening, so she slipped it out of sight.

“Guard that jewel with your life Kagome, you will find out why soon enough.” Tahani whispered so softly Kagome didn’t hear her. She turned and grabbed her bag and put the robe in it. She fit it in one of the lockers than turned to fix Kagome’s hair.

After Tahani finished brushing out Kagome’s hair and making the extras stay down, she lead Kagome to the gym. Loud music was heard from the hallway streaming from the gym doors. “I really think that you will come to like this school Kagome.” Tahani yelled over the music.

“As long as your here, I think that I will! ” Kagome said at the same volume as Tahani.

A/N: Again, I am really sorry that it took so long. My mom wouldn’t let me on the computer lately and writers block has had serious effect on me lately. I really hope that I can get the third chapter out sooner. I will need 4 more reviews to post the next chapter. Thanks. ^.^
And by the way,Souta, in this story is not 8 any more. Kagome is 18 so that would make him 11...I think...^.^