InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets ❯ Unwanted Visitors ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: I got this chapter out as fast as I could. I thank you for the reviews that I received. They were very constructive. Also I am sorry if you don’t like OCs (original characters). I know that there are a lot of them in this chapter. Okay...6, but 2 of them only appear in a few chapters in the story.
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Inuyasha characters in this story, and if I did, I wouldn’t sitting here typing this and posting it online. In this chapter I do own Sade, Tayor, Dran, Nahana/Xia, Darrin, and Tahani/Karra, but that is all.
Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets
Chapter 3 - Unwanted Visitors
Tahani lead Kagome over to the food table were the snacks and drinks were placed. Tahani introduced Kagome to three of her friends.
"Hey, Kagome, I’d like you to meet my friends Sade, Tayor, and Nahana." She said pointing to each one as she said their names.
" Hello, Kagome is it?" said Nahana who was an average sized girl with blond hair and a light, sky blue dress. She wore a clear light blue crystal necklace that matched her icy blue eyes.
"Yes, that’s my name." ‘And how does every one know that?!’ Kagome thought, a little nervous.
Sade and Tayor said "Hello" in unison too. Sade was a little smaller than your average person. She wore a pink striped shirt with white dress pants. She didn’t look like a person that would ware a dress of any sort. Her hair was in a high ponytail like Tahani’s, but hers was a dark black with short bangs. Also her hair was a bit shorter. Her eyes were a light icy gray-blue mix.
Tayor, was a bit taller than Tahani and Nahana and was drinking a soda. Her hair was a light blond with a blue streak on the right side like Tahani, but she kept her hair behind her ear. Her eyes were different. They were a light green that blended with the blue mini-skirt and top that she had on.
Kagome felt a little out of place when Tahani and Tayor went to the restroom for a few minutes, and left her with Nahana and Sade. Kagome just wanted to have fun and mingle with her soon-to-be classmates, so she did. The music was very up beat and easy to dance to for Kagome and she had a lot of fun dancing with her new friends.
"She looks like she can handle herself for a little while alone." Nahana said, hinting to Sade.
"But Kar...Tahani told us to stay here and watch her!" Sade said catching her mistake quickly.
"Do you always listen to everything that she says!?" Nahana challenged.
"When its this important, yes! This is for her safety. If Tahani had not told me that she needed me here then I wouldn’t be here right now!" Sade returned.
"Well I’m going to go and find Koji! If you care to join me you are more than welcome to."
"This is no time to flirt with your boyfriend! We have a job to do! What if Dran and Darrin..." Sade got cut off.
"What about them!? They’re not going to attack a human at a mortal dance. They're not that dumb to risk their cover to get the jewel fragment!"
"Maybe..But I’m still staying here!"
"Well, its your life to waste. And if I can’t change your mind then find me when that bitch comes back!"
"Nahana!" Sade yelled. "You know that if she catches you than your in deep shit right?"
"That bitch isn’t going to find out."
"How do you know that I won’t tell her?" Sade challenged. "How do you know that I haven’t already told her?"
"Because I know that your not that stupid to cross me and tell." Nahana turned around and bumped into Tahani.
"Nahana, you weren’t going to leave your post were you?" Tahani arched an eye brow, waiting for Nahana to make up an excuse.
"N-No, I-I was going to go and...talk to Kagome."
"Right, and where is she?" Sade gasped after looking around and not seeing her temporary charge. ‘Damn it, I let Nahana distract me! Now I lost Kagome. Great job Sade!’
"Sade, stop thinking to yourself in third person," Tahani’s laugh was heard by Sade.
"You mean that you heard me? Damn, I hate getting used to new powers."
"Nahana, you need to keep your job straight. You were told to stay and watch Kagome while I was in the restroom, not go and talk to your new human boyfriend. Oh, and calling me a bitch will not help the situation," Tahani smirked, then became very serious. "I will deal with this to a further extent later. Right now we need to find Kagome. She is now in danger because of you," She turned to go and look for Kagome when she saw Dran and Darrin. "Shit! Now we have to find her before they do!"
"Who?" Sade questioned hoping it to be any thing but them.
"Dran and Darrin! They're over there. Go and distract them while Tayor and I go and find Kagome."
"Got it!" Nahana and Sade said in unison. "I’ll go this way and you go from that way. I’m going to try to sneak over to them and start a conversation. Go along with what I say. Alright?" Nahana explained.
"Sure," Sade said moving in the direction that she was pointed in.
Tahani and Tayor split up to look for Kagome, staying in contact by telepathy. After a few minutes of searching Tahani locked on to the jewel's power signature. ‘Tayor! I’m locked on! Can you sense it from where you are?’
‘No Tahani, I don’t. Where is it coming from?’
‘Over in the middle of the gym. See the group of people in the center?’
‘Yeah. Where are you?’
‘I’m over by the stage. I’ll meet you in the center alright? ’
‘That’s fine with me Tahani. I hope that she is okay. ’
‘She should be. The jewel knows that Dran and Darrin are after it. If it didn’t than I wouldn’t have felt its power surge. Its a warning to let the demon know that its powerful so stay away from it. That means that it will do anything to protect its host. ’
‘Yeah, that’s what I’m afraid of. ’
~Over to Nahana and Sade~
Nahana and Sade were approaching Dran and Darrin at a fast pace as the crowd around the boys cleared.
‘Sade, slow down okay. We don’t need these idiots to figure out what’s going on. '
‘What? Oh, Nahana! Sure. ’
Sade and Nahana both slowed down and casually walked up to the two guys to see what they could do.
‘Sade don’t hint to anything. They don’t know our human forms. Or... at least they shouldn’t. ’
‘If you say so Nahana. ’
"Hello ladies, can we help you with anything?" Dran said in his alto voice. Dran was a little taller than an average male and had a semi-deep voice. He wore black dress pants and a white short sleeve shirt. He had a black jacket folded over his arm. His eyes were a dark green and his hair was a shiny black. He had slicked back his hair so that it wouldn’t get in his face.
"What are you doing!?" Darrin whispered so that his brother would be the only one to hear him. But he hadn’t realized that an arctic kitsune and a dog-witch were in front of him and they heard him very clearly. Darrin was taller than Dran and also a bit skinnier. He had short brown hair that looked kind of messy. He wore a red short sleeve shirt with black dress pants like his brother. His eyes were a very intimidating dark blue that brought out the hint of darkness that he tried to hide from the dense humans. His voice was very masculine and easy to recognize and identify.
"I’m offering the young human ladies some help," Dran whispered back looking into Nahana's unique icy blue eyes. He noticed her eyes flash a amber-gold in her amusement.
"Why are you so nice to the humans!? We're demons, baka!" Darrin murmured under his breath.
"Because they know that we're demons," Dran said in a normal volume very calmly.
"Dran! What the hell are you doing!?" Darrin exploded.
"Darrin, you are so blind," Dran slightly laughed.
"What!? How would they know!?" Darrin yelled.
"Xia right?" Dran asked calmly ignoring his brothers question.
"How did you know?" Nahana asked, slightly amused.
"Your eyes," he pointed out like it was obvious. "They flashed an amber-gold color. It gave you away easily. That, and your power is unmasked. Well, most of it anyway."
‘Xia? That’s like Tahani’s real name right? But yours is Xia?’ Sade mind connected.
‘Yeah. Tahani never calls me that here or in front of people,' Nahana answered. "Yes but I go by Nahana here."
"Let me guess, Karra gave you that name?" Dran guessed.
"Yes, she did Dran, and I have no problem with it." Nahana said a bit offended.
"I don’t want to seem rude. I didn’t mean to offend you. By the way, who is your little friend?"
"I don’t know if I should tell you that Dran." Nahana mused.
"What? You can’t tell us without Karra’s permission?" Darrin challenged. Nahana clutched her hand into a tight fist.
"My name is Sade," Sade spoke up. Nahana had already gave away her identity, so why couldn't she?
"What are you doing? I told you that I would talk," Nahana scolded Sade.
"I was human before Tahani turned me into a ‘being of magical status ’ so that I could help her," She said ignoring Nahana.
"Why do we waste our time on these two!? We need to find the jewel!" Darrin’s temper flew.
"You should know how to control his temper Dran," Nahana mused again, "and I really suggest that you stay away from the jewel."
"Is that a threat!?" Darrin stepped closer only to be pulled back by his brother, "What the hell!?"
"Darrin, calm down. That temper is not going to help us at all."
"Well, your sure as hell aren’t doing anything!"
‘I always did like him. ’ Nahana thought
‘Dran?’
‘Yeah, he is a bit too polite, but he never will let his brother fight or ‘try ’ to hurt me. ’
"Your not going to retrieve the jewel, Dran," Nahana mused.
"Tell me, why is that Xia?" Dran asked calmly.
"Because, it is not in Karra’s possession any more. A human has it now."
"So that’s why the jewel pulsed. Because its trying to protect its new owner."
"You could say that," Nahana spread her legs and stood in a battle stance. "and if you want to get the jewel, you have to go through me."
"And me!" Sade said and followed suit.
"That shouldn’t be too hard." Darrin said going towards her, only to be pulled back again by Dran.
"You have gotten way too soft Dran. You had no problem letting me kill Solia earlier. What is so different about this?... Wait don’t tell me..."
"Darrin. You are very ignorant," Dran said shaking his head, then turning to leave.
"We need the jewel!"
"We can get it another time Darrin," He said leaving.
"Whatever!" He huffed before turning to follow his brother. Darrin passed Dran and left him not far behind. Dran turned around and smiled at Nahana. She smiled back and gave him a playful wink. His smile became a bit bigger showing his amusement. He turned and left so his brother would shut up.
~Meanwhile~
Tahani and Tayor met up in the middle of the gym next to the big circle of gathered people. Trying to see what all the chaos was about, but still find Kagome, Tahani tried to push her way through the crowd. With her mood...lets just say that it wasn’t a very good one...her temper was wearing very thin. Being jostled around by humans wasn’t on the top of her to-do list. She waved her hand as the whole room froze...well stopped because she was done. Done being thrown around by humans and being kept from finding her charge. Her powers were meant to freeze the humans and the human miko, so that meant that the only people in the room still moving were Tahani, Tayor, Sade, and Nahana. Dran and Darrin would be too, but she sensed that they had left the gym a few moments before. If they were still in the room they could have found Kagome before Tahani could.
"What the-!" Nahana said as the room fell silent and the kid she was talking too stopped showing all signs of a living person. She waved her hand in front of the humans face and realized what had happened.
"Okay. Before anyone moves out of the spots that they are located, memorize it. Remember how you were standing before I froze the humans," Tahani cautioned her friends. "I am going to unfreeze Kagome and tell her to come."
"What are you going to tell her?" Tayor spoke up.
"You mean if she asks what is going on? I’ll tell her... that this will all be explained in good time and to trust me."
"That’s going to work well."
"Nahana, your sarcasm is running thin on my patience," Tahani said in a stern voice.
"..." Nahana noted the serious look on her face and silenced at once.
Tahani jumped up to the ceiling fan that was frozen like everything else. Using the fan as her perch she looked for Kagome. Spotting her she let out a laugh as she saw that Kagome was in the middle of the circle dancing. She was the focus of the room and held it pretty well too. The look on her face was hilarious and Tahani almost fell off the fan laughing.
"What the hell is so damn funny!?" Nahana asked really wanting to know what could break the composure of her normally very serious friend.
"Nothing...nothing." Tahani said calming down and regaining her composure. She leapt down next to Kagome. "Everyone stay silent. Don’t blow your cover." She waved her hand in front of Kagome trying not to laugh. Kagome shifted to another ‘move ’ before realizing that Tahani was standing there grinning and everything else was stationery.
"What? What happened?" Kagome asked wondering if she got hit over the head and got knocked out or something.
"Don’t worry, okay? And no, you’re still conscious. What I need you to do is finish up doing...whatever it is that you're doing here and meet me over by the snack stand. Alright?"
"...sure..." Kagome said slowly.
"I promise that all will be explained soon. Can you trust me?"
"Yes, I think that I can. You haven't given me a reason not to trust you," she lied.
"You need to get back into the position that you were in before. Can you do that?"
"I think so," Kagome said already trying to.
"Make this as quick as you can without making people think that anything is going on alright?"
"Sure."
"Okay, I’m going to freeze you first, then I'll get into my position. Are you ready Kagome?"
"Go on. I can’t keep this position for that long," Tahani nodded then refroze Kagome.
"Is everyone else ready and in their position?"
"Yes." the three said in unison. Tahani leapt back onto the fan then down to her spot pushing people out of the way.
"Okay!" she said waving her free hand. Everyone was going back to what they were doing and Tahani acted like she gave up trying to get through the crowd so headed over to the snack table to wait for Kagome. Tayor and Sade made their way over to the snack table while Nahana tried to do the same but was caught by Koji.
"Nahana? Where have you been? I was looking for you."
"Oh, Koji. I had to take care of something and have to go find Tahani."
"Oh," he said halfheartedly. "Tahani, right. Well come and find me when you have time."
"Sure Koji," Nahana turned to walk away but Koji grabbed her arm softly. Nahana stiffened a bit.
"Save a dance for me. Okay?"
"Sure." She said still not looking at him. He let go and she tried to get to Tahani as fast as she could. ‘Damn. Tahani is going to get so mad at me if Kagome gets there before I do.'
"Hi, Nahana," She turned to see Kagome behind her.
"Oh, hi Kagome. What was all that in the middle about?"
"Some people were dancing in the middle and someone behind me pushed into the middle so I had to dance. Sorry that I disappeared like that. The crowd pushed me to the circle so of course I wanted to see what was causing all the chaos. I guess that I became a part of it."
‘Boy, this girl can talk an ear off. Well at least Tahani won’t be mad if she thinks that I escorted Kagome over to her. ’
Nahana quickened her pace and tried to get Kagome to keep up. Finally they arrived at the snack table in front of Tahani. "Good job Nahana," she said looking at Kagome.
She turned to Tayor. "Cono koy ma tisa Tayor?" She asked in a language that only, on earth, Tayor, Nahana, Dran, Darrin, and other demons knew.
Translation: "Can you see if you can find Ember for me Tayor?"
"Would she be at the apartment?"
"Yes she would... most likely. I want you to tell her to allow a mind link between her and I."
"If it is necessary Tahani."
"Hey what can I do?" Nahana interrupted.
"Nahana, I need you to stay with Kagome, Sade, and I."
"Yes, Karra," she said feeling useless.
Back to Sade and Kagome. "I don’t like it when they do that," Sade said crossing her arms.
"You mean that you don’t speak...whatever language that they’re speaking in?"
"No, sadly. I wish I did. I might be able to understand half the things that Kar...Tahani says to me," They both giggled.
The words that Kagome heard were nothing like anything that she has ever heard. Way beyond her comprehension.
Translation of Tahani and Nahana: "Why don’t you go and have that one dance with Koji?"
"Sure. How long do I have with him?"
"I’ll mind connect you when we have to go. Or if anything happens."
"Thanks Karra," she said, smiled than turned and left to find Koji.
Tahani turned to Sade. "Hey Kagome, you and Sade seem to be getting along very well."
"Yeah I guess so," Kagome said smiling at Sade.
"So you wouldn’t mind if I left you two here for a little bit do you?"
"No, of course it doesn’t bother me. What about you Sade?"
"Oh, its fine with me," She said a little too perkily. Tahani turned to leave put paused.
"Oh, and Sade,"
"Yes Tahani?"
"I’ll ‘contact ’ you if you are needed." she said without turning around. She smiled to her self before she left the gym.
--------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------
A/N: Okay. Another chapter out. I got this one out a lot faster than #2, so I’m happy. '_^ Chapter #4 is coming. I’m really not sure how soon though. My school starts soon, so the chapters will be coming out slower than normal. Homework >:p is wasteful of my short free time. In my opinion, Homework is WAY worse than writers block.
Again I will need 4 more reviews to post the next chapter. Also again, I’m sorry if you don’t like OCs, but three of them won’t be in many of the chapters at all and I’m only going to add one more that is in more of the story than the other three. And thank you to WindDemon who liked Tahani. Sorry that there are so many OCs, but everyone that wants to, please tell me what you think of the OCs. Thanks for the great reviews.