InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets ❯ Preparations ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A/N: Not that much to say again. Just enjoy the chapter and please tell me what you think.

Disclaimer: I only own the original story plot, my own characters, and the plushie next to me. Me no own Inuyasha and his gang. Too bad for me, eh?

Broken Shadows and Hidden Secrets

Chapter 8 - Preparations

Karra had been off of the computer for a while before the sun had come up. She was getting ready for the days events, and waiting for Xia to wake up. It was now about ten thirty-two am, so she decided to wake Xia up.

Karra walked over to Xia’s room door and knocked a bit before entering. She looked over to the bed and saw Xia fast asleep still.

“Wow, you can sleep through the day if I let you.” She laughed, effectively waking the young arctic kitsune up.

“You had to wake me up, didn’t you?” She moaned.

“Yup, rise and shine! We got a lot to do today!”

“Why are you so uppity?”

“Why are you not up yet?” She countered.

“Because I was having a good dream, that’s why. I’ve never seen you so happy before. Especially in the morning. What are you up to?”

“As I said last night, you’ll find out soon. What was your dream about?” She walked over and sat next to Xia, who was still laying down, on the bed. Xia had shifted only enough so she was facing Karra.

“Why do you care?” Xia said suspiciously.

“If you didn’t get up because you had a good dream, then I want to hear about it.” She smiled down at Xia.

“Okay, now your really scaring me. Is there a point to this interrogation?”

“Not really. Well, if you don’t want to talk about it to me, then at least come eat breakfast. Okay?”

“Sure. Just give me a minute, I’ll be right out.”

“Alright. Breakfast is already set out.” Karra got up and left the room.

“Thanks.” Xia said as Karra closed the door. Xia slowly got up out of bed and went over to the silver desk chair that stood in front of a small Mahogany work desk with a small laptop on top of it. She sat in the chair and rummaged through the desk drawers. She finally found the small black and light blue velvet box that she was looking for.

She put the box on top of her desk and opened it. It held a carved wood flute, a small velvet bag of shells, a patch of fur, and a wooden box. She picked up the small wooden box and opened it. Inside the small, carved wooden box was a tiny fur pillow with a beautiful necklace.

The necklace had light blue and some wood beads decorating it with a crystal shard it the middle and two long bear claws on the sides. On each side of the shard was a brown wooden bead that separated the bear claws from the shard. The light blue beads lead all the way around until the last four wood beads ended it.

Xia picked up the necklace and slipped it over her head and let it rest on her neck and under her hair. She closed the small wooden box, put it in the bigger velvet box, closed that, then put it back into the drawer.

She then got up and headed for the small kitchen. (Sorry. I like the word small.)

“Hey, Xia?”

“What?”

“What took you so long? Your breakfast is cold.”

Xia was too busy admiring the necklace to really hear her. Karra turned from the sink to look at Xia. Karra saw the necklace and something in her head clicked.

“Ah...so that’s who your dream was about, eh?”

“What are you talking about?”

“That’s the necklace that Kouga gave you when you were younger.”

“How do you know that?! You always seem to know were everything of mine comes from! How do you do that!?”

“Oh, the only reason I know that he made it for you is because he bothered me to help him.”

“You helped him?”

“All I did was get him that crystal shard in the forest, and tell him your favorite color.” Karra started laughing.

“What’s so funny?”

“...You two were almost attached to each other. He was always hanging around with you when I sent you on little tasks, and he gave you all these little charms that he had carved from large trees near his caves. The young wolf prince always had a big spot in his heart for you Xia.”

“Yeah...”

“Xia, you have that dreamy look in your eye. Its scaring me.”

“Well there’s your payback, Miss Uppity.” Xia started laughing.

“Ha ha.” She said halfheartedly. “You miss him don’t you?”

“So what if I do?! It’s not like I get to see him again. He probably already forgot about me.” She sighed.

“You like him.” It was more of a statement then a question.

“I do not!” She yelled childishly.

“You do to. But what about Koji?”

Xia sighed at her defeat. “I just don’t think that its working out. Something is missing, but I can’t figure out what. I think he feels the same way.”

“So what are you going to do about it?”

“I really don’t know. I might just break up with him.”

The rest of their breakfast was eaten in silence. Once Xia was done, Karra spoke up.

“You should go and get ready.”

“What time did you wake me up?”

“Ten thirty-two.” She said nonchalantly.

“Ten thirty-two! What time is it now?!”

“Eleven o' nine.”

“Damn it Karra!” Xia ran out of the room and straight into hers. She was yelling from her closet to Karra. “Why did you wake me up so late?!”

“Because I thought that you had your stuff picked out and ready to go. You know you don’t have to yell. I have good hearing.”

“Stop bragging! I need to take a shower! I do have my stuff ready but I don’t have time to take a shower!”

“You know that time is not an issue.”

“For you!”

“Yes but if you are with me then it isn’t for you either.”

“Whatever!” She ran into the bathroom connected to her room and, unintentionally, slammed the door in her wake.

Karra sat down on her couch and stared out the window until Xia was ready.

~*~

“Kagome? Kagome?” Inuyasha poked at Kagome, who had almost fallen down the stairs after tripping over her fat cat Buyo. She had fainted after almost falling and being caught by Inuyasha, who scared the living daylights out of her in the first place.

“Mhm...”

“Kagome? You passed out. You okay?”

“Inuyasha?”

“Yeah its me.”

She snapped back into reality. “Inuyasha! Don’t ever scare me like that again! You could’ve killed me!” She hit him on the shoulder.

“Owe. I saved you didn’t I?”

“Yeah but what if you missed? Huh?”

“Kagome, I’d never let anything happen to you. I don’t think that ‘Death by Stairs ’ is the way you want to go.”

She sighed reliving some of the irritability. “I’m going to get you some normal clothes at the mall, so that you don’t stick out so much. Especially if your staying with me until I go back.”

“You mean I’m not going?”

“I’m sorry Inuyasha, but you have to stay here.”

“You can’t leave me here! I’m going with you!”

“Inuyasha! Don’t test my patience!”

“I’m not! I’m going with you!”

“No your not! And now if you will excuse me, I have to go and get ready!” She said turning to her room. She stomped off into her room and slammed the door.

“I’m still going with you.” He whispered under his breath.

~*~

Kagome was going through her closet and found the perfect out fit. It consisted of a short black skirt and a red tank top that fit her form perfectly. The red tank top had a black dragon flying around her stomach.

Kagome took a shower and changed into the outfit before she opened her door again. She saw Inuyasha sitting next to her room door in some sort of trance.

“Inuyasha?”

“Huh?”
“Are you okay?”

“Oh, I’m fine.” He got up quickly. “Just waiting for you to come out, is all.” He laughed nervously.

“Sure. Its about eleven thirty, so I’ll be going now.”

“But-”

“No Inuyasha, and I’m not going to argue. I’m going to go down stairs to say bye to my mom and brother. Grandpa is taking a nap.”

“I thought he said he was meditating or something.”

“That’s his code word for nap.” She giggled.

“Ah...I like that outfit.” He commented a little awkwardly.

“Really?”

“I think it looks nice on you.”

“Your only saying that ‘cause you like red.”

“No I’m not. You do look nice in it.” ‘It shapes to your form quite nicely if I do say so my self. ’

Kagome blushed and smiled up at Inuyasha. “Thanks.” She ran down stairs and said good bye to her family, then left.

~*~

“Xia, we’re leaving.”

“Okay. I’ll be right there Karra.” Xia jogged down the stairs and out the door. “What about Tayor and Sade?”

“Their going to meet us at the mall.”

“And Kagome?”

“We are going to go find her.”

“Right.”

------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------

A/N: Sorry this was such a short chapter, but it was more of a fill in. The next chapter is called ‘A Black Dog ’. So many chapters in one day! Yay for me!