InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Cold Feet ❯ Composure ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: The only place where I own InuYasha is in Nowhere, Nonexistent.

Cold Feet

Chapter 2: Composure

"And what kind of man, or person, does that? I mean, what a stain to your honor!" Kagome's already too-long rant was starting to grate on Sango's nerves.

"Kagome-"

Sango was cut off by a patronizing remark, which was perhaps a bit thoughtless on the delivering end. "And you! Why would you set me up with someone like that? You know how much I detest wasting time. It's almost as if you wanted me to suffer. Have I wronged you in some way? Because I assure you, my record is slate blank."

Accompanied by placating gestures, Sango interrupted what was likely to morph into another hour of listening to complaints. "Kagome, I sincerely thought that your supposed date was a nice guy, and a good fit for you,"

The addressed cocked an eyebrow at the statement.

Sango blushed as she always did when flustered. "Even if he did ditch you. I just wanted you to find happiness. What I don't understand is what's got you so worked up. I've never seen a Higurashi blow off this much steam before."

Kagome's posture stiffened as she realized the temperament she revealed.

Calm...peace...breathe...

A/N: Please review!