InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Connections ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: Hey-o! This is my first fanfic. Yay! I'm a nerd! For this one, this idea seriously came out of a dream I had one night like 4 months ago. I've been trying to make a story out of it ever since. (Freaky, huh? I'm such a geek) Anyhoo, I actually have the honor of saying I OWN and CREATED a couple of characters in the story you're about to read. It's totally awesome. I feel so accomplished!! :D This particular story is kinda long so I might start doing other stories in between for an inspirational burst. Plus, I'm a gifted slacker, so sorry if another chapter comes after a long wait. Hope you enjoy!!
Disclaimer: I don't own the story Inuyasha or any of its characters. Rumiko Takahashi does.
Claimer: I DO own the characters Alice, Kaito, and a couple others. You'll be able to tell who because you've never heard of them.
 
 
Prologue
         &nbs p; 
         &nbs p;  Red. Too much of that sickening color on her face. It feels wet when she reaches up to touch it, her hand shaking furiously. She stares at it for a while, recognizing that it's not her own. The idea only scares her even more. As she lowers her hand, she sees the fallen figure on the ground. Realization hits, and a soundless scream makes its way up her throat until…..
 
~-~-~-~-~-*-~-~-~-~-~
 
 
“NOOO!!!!”  A girl jolts awake and sits up quickly in her bed, her hand flying to her chest as a pathetic attempt to bring air back into her lungs and calm her erratically beating heart. Breathing heavily with sweat dripping down her face, she sits there for a few moments, staying still to listen to the slowing of her heart. As soon as she is sure she's fine, she glances at the clock placed on her bed-stand and mentally groaned. Crap, she thought glumly, have to get up for school anyways. She tore off the blue blankets covering her body and stood up, stretching to release all of the fear and stress from yet another nightmare.
Grabbing her uniform, she began to shuffle to the bathroom for a shower when she heard loud thundering footsteps make their way up the stairs and to her door. A person crashed into the room, asking in a loud voice “Alice, are you alright?” The girl known as Alice rolled her eyes and said “Yeah, Dad, I'm fine.” Her father standing firmly by the doorway seemed to relax at this confirmation of safety, but he still looked worried and asked her nervously, “Are you sure? That scream was pretty loud…” he trailed off, remembering all of the other times when she had had nightmares. “It was just a bit more vivid this time, nothing too scary,” Alice replied calmly. Then she gave a smile to prove that she was indeed fine. “But right now, you need to get out of my room. It's a school day remember?” She added teasingly, “And even though you are my dad, it's still pretty awkward if you see me change.” At this he smiled sheepishly and said on his way out “Still, if there's anything else, you know you can talk to me.”
“Okay,” Alice said, watching her father's shadow head downstairs to also get out of his pj's.
As soon as he left, she strode over to the bathroom and took a hot shower, enjoying the comforting feeling that it gave. When she was done, she quickly changed into her schools uniform. It was a long sleeve white shirt with a red sailor tie and green edging, and a solid green skirt. She didn't really like the colors or wearing it often, so she only wore the outfit to school and then she always dutifully put it in the hamper afterwards.
Done getting dressed, Alice marched up to the mirror and proceeded to brush her long, straight, black hair. As she was brushing, she also examined her reflection a bit. Her stormy gray eyes scanned her body and saw nothing different from when she saw it last; she was still at a medium height and her lightly colored slender frame was not of great importance to her. Honestly, she didn't care much about appearance. She had an adequate body figure and was perfectly content with it, as it could hold up under much physical activity, like her martial arts training. Giving one last firm nod of acceptance in the mirror, she dashed downstairs to grab breakfast before her friend came by to walk with her to the school. Her dad was already eating at the table, and gestured for her to sit down and eat as well. Looking quickly at the mahogany clock on the wall above the stove only to see she was going to be late, she picked up her bowl and began to eat furiously with her chopsticks and by the time she was done, there was a sound of a doorbell ringing. She grinned at her dad, who gave a small frown, and ran over to greet the person on the other side of the door.
Throwing the door open, she smiled at the person standing there. A tall boy with short spiky black hair, a slight tan, and deep brown eyes gave a small smile back and said “You coming, or what? We gotta go now,”
“I know, Kaito, just let me grab my stuff,” Alice replied, dashing through the relatively big living room to retrieve her bag and back to the entryway to put on her white shoes. But on the way she was stopped by her dad who was standing near the entry way. “Hey,” he said in a low voice. “Be careful. I still don't trust this guy. He has a weird vibe around him.”
“Dad, calm down.” Alice said exasperatingly. “I've been good friends with him for a year and he's totally fine. So can I please move around you to get to school? I'm going to be late again!” Her father chuckled and said “Alright, have a good day,” and gave her a warm hug. She smiled at him when he let go and said “Hai!” She made her way over to the door and slipped on her school customary white tennis shoes that were sitting there, waiting for her arrival on a small straw mat.
Ja ne, chichiue!” she called cheerfully into the large house and closed the door. She turned around to face Kaito and saw him already walking away. “Hey wait up!” she shouted, jogging to catch up with him before he went down the steps in front of her house.
“You were too slow,” he said, smirking, but then gave a small frown. “Besides, your dad still gives me the creeps. It feels like he's gonna exorcise me at any moment.” At this he gave a stopped momentarily, made a face, and shuddered at the thought of being purified.
“Hey, that's a bit over exaggerating things.” Alice chastised. “And you know as well as I do that my dad hasn't exorcised anything for about 2 years. I've told you before, remember?” She then walked backwards ahead of him and teased “And really, is the `all powerful' son of the demon king that scared of a retired priest?” As they stopped for a no walk light, Kaito contemplated this for a moment, and then quietly muttered “Yes,” Alice laughed a little at this fact about her friend but then became silent because of the serious look on his face. “Sorry,” she murmured.
Kaito sighed and walked closer to her so that they could talk without anyone hearing. “It's fine, but…Are you really sure you want to keep my true identity from your dad? I mean it is kinda risky to do that.” he asked softly.
Taking a right turn through an intersection, Alice replied just as quietly, “Yeah, I'm sure. It would just be a lot to put him through along with him still thinking of okasan. Besides,” she added, looking at Kaito with a stressed face, “How the hell am I supposed to just walk up to him and say `Hey dad, guess what? That guy you think is weird? He's actually the devil's offspring. Oh, and I have powers that make me glow white and blue and can purify demons. Plus, that same strange demon kid is in a contract with me so he's basically my bodyguard now'?!”
“Okay, okay, you're right.” he said. They were both silent for a while as they walked down the street across from their destination, but as they reached the gates to the school, Kaito gently grabbed her arm and said “By the way, the Boss says he's got another quick job tonight. You up for it?” Alice grinned and responded, “Please, I'm always up for it. It's a good way to release stress.” He grinned back at her, released her arm, and they both made their way through the courtyard and into the school.
 
 
~-~-~-~-~-*-~-~-~-~-~
 
 ~Yay! I'm done with the prologue of god knows how many chapters left. Oh well. It's still fun. I'll try to update as soon as I can, but with end of the year projects and school work, it might take a while, so please bear with me! Oh, just so you know, here are a few fun facts about me:
*I don't like any Mir/Kag, San/Inu, Inu/Kik (though I might write a past life fic), Kou/Kag, Sess/San, Nar/anybody, yaoi, yuri, AND FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY ABSOLUTELY NO SESS/KAG!!!!
*I will write a lot of Inu/Kag fics and maybe a little bit of Mir/San and Sess/Rin(or Kagu, depends on which one I like better at the time)
*I will absolutely LOVE YOU if you rate my stories and comment. Give me a challenge!