InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Fatal Connections ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors note: Hi! Here's the 1st chapter! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or its characters. It makes me sad to say so, but yes, it's true. ïŒ
 
Chapter 1: The Beginning
 
 
     & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  “Onegai, Inuyasha! I have a major test today and if I don't leave now, I'll be late! Just let me go to school!”
 
“I already said no, wench! Staying here to collect the shards is way more important than your stupid exams!”
 
Miroku rubbed his temples and gave a tired sigh. The argument had only started about 5 minutes ago, and already it was starting to get just plain irritating. They had merely been walking through the forest next to Kaede's village after fighting a snake demon when Kagome brought up the current subject.  It was always the same drill; Kagome had to go home for a) tests, b) family, or c) re-stocking. And as usual, instead of letting her go without a fight, Inuyasha's stubbornness to find the Shikon no Tama shards led himself to getting into short, if not heated, arguments with her.Although, Miroku thought with a small smile creeping onto his face, even if Inuyasha doesn't admit it himself, it seems that whenever Kagome-sama leaves to her era, he spends all his time sulking in the Goshinboku until she returns.
 
“OSWARI!!”  A loud echoing thud pierced through Miroku's thoughts and brought his attention back to the 2 hot headed people fighting the clearing near the well, with one of them glaring daggers down a 2 foot hole, and the other one in the hole, giving loud grumbles that appeared to be a long string of angry curses.
 
“Inuyasha, I AM leaving for my tests, and don't try to stop me, or so help me, I will say itso many times, they'll have to give a new meaning for `6 feet under'. With that final proclamation, Kagome picked up her yellow backpack, spun swiftly on her heel, and, stomping to the well, she looked back only to stick her tongue out at him as she jumped its entrance only to be followed by the time rift's flashing blue light.
 
Inuyasha gingerly picked himself out of his ditch and continued to mutter things like “stupid wench” and “damn test things” while trudging away, leaping onto his favorite branch on the Goshinboku. Shippou, always one to stick with Kagome, kept yelling at the hanyou that it was all his fault that she didn't stay longer and that he should go apologize to her until said inu-hanyou grew extremely annoyed with the kitsune and only momentarily dropped out of his branch to give him a hard hit on the head, thus causing Shippou to whine and cry about “Inuyasha hit me again!”. And the regular routine continued.
Meanwhile, in the midst of all this, the monk and tajiya had already started walking to Kaede's hut for some well deserved rest, with Kirara, Sango's faithful neko-youkai trailing not too far behind. “Honestly,” Sango sighed. “You'd think that after all this time they would at least try to get along better and not fight every freaking day.”
“That is a good point,” Miroku mused.  “But it's not that easy to break such normal habits…” he trailed off, letting his hand trail off as well, and earned a tomato red faced Sango and a bright red hand print on his right cheek. “I guess we know of another hard habit to break, ne Houshi-sama?” she said darkly, casting a steely glare to the hentai monk to her right, who in return gave a laugh and a goofy smile as they entered the tiny hut.
 
~-~-~-~-~-*-~-~-~-~-~
 
“The nerve of that guy!” Kagome huffed as she climbed the ladder her family had graciously put inside the well, weighed down slightly by the almost empty-but still pretty big- ugly, yellow, backpack. Tossing her left leg over the edge of the structure, she quickly rose to her feet and dusted her clothes, looking for any signs of tear. After being satisfied that there weren't any blood stains or blotches on her uniform, she ran to her house and was greeted by her mother at the front door.
“Kagome, dear, how are you? Are you hurt? Did Inuyasha do something again?”She bombarded Kagome with these questions while scanning her over for blood, wounds, signs of distress, etc.
“Mama, I'm fine. But if I can pass through into the house to get my bag for school that would make me absolutely ecstatic, so please let me go in now!” Kagome rushed out. Her mother chuckled softly and moved aside. The girl shook off her shoes, ran past the family room and the kitchen, climbed the stairs, dashed across her room to retrieve her brown school bag after dumping her backpack on the ground, but a thought came to mind before she could do anything else.
I do feel kinda bad for yelling at him so much, Kagome thought, imagining a large crater with a furious hanyou in it. I'll apologize later. A small shining object caught her attention from the corner of her eyes. Facing towards it, she saw the small glass bottle containing the several shards of the Shikon no Tama they had already collected, on the floor. “Oops, forgot to give these back…” the girl murmured, embarrassed on forgetting that such an important thing was left in her yellow bag. Still so few, compared to Naraku's collection, she thought glumly while picking up the bottle, understanding a little bit more about Inuyasha's constant need to keep finding more shards. Plus, they only find shards in Sengoku Jidai, so for her to go back and forth regularly all the time was pointless when the shards were concerned. Although… no youkai are in her era so she could keep them safe with her while she's in her own time. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head, but she dismissed the thought. There's no way I'll be able to take them to school with me. What if I drop them and someone takes the bottle without a second thought? Inuyasha would never let me hear the end of it! How could I possibly think that they would be safer with me? I should just give these back real quick before I-
“Nee-chan!! Your school starts in 10 minutes!! her brother Souta called from downstairs.
AAAHHH!!!” Kagome screamed, grabbed her school bag, ran down the stairs, dashed past the other rooms , furiously put on her shoes, and was out the door before Souta could even understand what the hell had just happened.
     & #194; Â Â Â Â Â  As she was running down the large amount of stairs from the shrine to the street, she squeezed her hands a little tighter and noticed something was in her hand. Lifting her hand, she groaned as she remembered that she never put the bottle down and, lo and behold, it was still in her death grip. “Crap,” she muttered as she turned the corner to head towards her school. “This is gonna be a long day.”
 
 SORRY!!! I took super long to write this. But that was not really my fault. It was the lack of time, access to a laptop, I had writers block (O.K., that was probably my fault) And this was actually a pretty short chapter so gomene!!!!
Anyways, I hope to come out with the second chapter faster than when I put this out so please bear with me!!
As always, reviews are accepted and welcomed! Ja ne!! ïŠ