InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Eternal Love ❯ Kagome, Beloved Princess ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own Inuyasha. The characters probably will be a little OOC for the time being or yeah, maybe.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
Note:
All in Heaven are humans and all on Earth are demons.
HAS BEEN EDITED/RE-WRITTEN.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter One: Kagome, Beloved Princess
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
The incandescent sunlight shown brightly and intensely in the crystal and pearl palace's window and into the chamber and eyes of a sleeping beauty sprawled out on her king sized bed in the middle of the room. She squinted her eyes shut and groaned, while curling up into a tight ball pulling the crisp clean white sheets over her head in order to block the intruding sun. The door burst open and a tall girl with brown eyes and chocolate locks tied up into a ponytail, wearing a soft pink gown walked up to the Princess's bed.
 
“Kagome, wake up. Quickly your parents wish to speak with you in an hour, so get up...NOW!”
 
“AHH! Oh Sango, its just you. My parents want to speak with me in an hour? Crap I've got to take a bath and get dressed.” Kagome exclaimed in horror while hurriedly jumping out of bed.
 
“Your bath has already been drawn for you, I'll be back in an hour. Hurry up.” Sango said as she quickly left the princess alone in her room.
 
Kagome walked into her adjoining bathroom and briskly disrobed then stepped into the calming hot water. She relaxed as the heat of the water alleviated and soothed her aching muscles for a bit, then got out her favorite lavender soap and shampoo. She quickly washed herself, then about ten minutes later she stepped out of the tub and dried off with a fluffy white towel.
 
After drying off she hastily ran to her closet to pick out a gown to wear for the day. She ended up putting on a bright blue spaghetti-strap dress that was close fitting at the top but flowed out at the bottom. It had sparkling beads in a line across the top just below the collar and more on the end of the dress in a vertical fashion. The back dipped into a small `u' shape and a matching blue ribbon criss-crossed it and was tied in a bow at the end. She sat down at her vanity mirror and brushed her long midnight tresses that were curled due to the wetness.
 
When she was done, a smile curled on to her face as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. Her naturally wavy black hair flowing gracefully behind her, her slightly tanned skin yet fair complexion radiating off of her, her rosy cheeks and red lips vibrant on her face, and finally her bright cerulean orbs shining in approval. After about twenty minutes of waiting Sango finally came back to retrieve her.
 
“Well Kagome you look nice, is that what you're going to wear to the ball tonight?” She asked with curiosity.
 
“Yeah, I think so. So what do my parents want?” Kagome asked Sango.
 
“I honestly don't know, but it might have to do with the fact that you are old enough to be married.” She replied.
 
“Oh great, just because I'm twenty years old, doesn't mean I have to get married right away. I want to live a little, have adventure, drama, and a actually life before I get tied down.” Kagome groaned.
 
“Well I do sympathize with you there, my parents are trying to get me married off as well. God what is it with parents these days.” Sango scoffed as they walked up to the door that led into the throne room.
 
“I wish you luck Kagome, tell me what about what happens later, bye.” Sango said quickly hugging her then leaving.
 
Sighing heavily. Any day now Kagome. She gathered up her courage to face what fate they would now condemn her to and entered the lavish room.
 
“Good morning Mother and Father.” she said.
 
“Oh Kagome, well good morning to you, don't you look lovely. Your father and I have something to discuss with you.” Kikyou stated while looking at her daughter with a softening gaze.
 
“Yes mother.” She replied while looking down at her feet.
 
“Kagome, as you know you are now old enough to get married. And as we discussed last night we are holding a ball in order to help you find someone you can at least marry and maybe even love.” Maiku asserted to his now angry yet fear stricken daughter.
 
“Why? I don't want to get married! I just want to have freedom, adventure and God forbid a little fun before you marry me off to some noble or lord. You've always sheltered me; I'm tired of it! Stop trying to push me to fall in love, I'll do it of my own accord!” She screamed at her father, then swiftly ran out of the throne room as angry tears rolled down her face.
 
“KAGOME!” Kikyou called, but she refused to acknowledge the call of her mother.
 
“Maiku! Why do you want her married off so badly? I know what she's feeling; all she wants is a little freedom. She's the same as I was, at her age. Just let her go for a little while.” Kikyou said to her husband, whom she was getting annoyed with as well, before leaving to find her daughter.
 
“Fine, but the ball is still on tonight.” He called after the retreating figure of his wife.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kikyou spotted her sobbing daughter sitting in her favorite place, out in the rose gardens, and silently walked up to her and put an arm around her.
 
“Kagome?”
 
“I'm sorry Mother, I just couldn't stand that Father is always trying to marry me off. I just want a little freedom, I didn't mean to have that unruly outburst.” She apologized while clinging to her mother.
 
“Its all right Kagome, you had a right to be angry with him. If I were in your position, I would have done the same thing. I felt the same way when I was your age. He has agreed to give you freedom for a little while, but he said the ball is still on tonight. So please just go and make him happy.” Kikyou said to Kagome, her chocolate eyes silently pleading with her.
 
“All right mother, I'll go.” She reluctantly said.
 
“Good well, I'll go to tell your father. And Kagome...just remember that your father means well and loves you. I love you too.” She said while kissing her daughter's temple then leaving to go find her husband.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome grudgingly stalked back into her room where she knew Sango was waiting for her, when she heard a shout ring out through the palace halls.
 
“PERVERT!”
 
Kagome quickly ran down the hall in time just to see the lecherous Monk or Priest Miroku on his knees begging for mercy from Sango. She tried to stifle a laugh, but couldn't help it. Sango heard a laugh and whipped her around to face Kagome. “Just what the hell do you thinks is so funny?” She hissed.
 
“Miroku begging for mercy. A strong Priest such as him, begging for mercy from a irate woman.” She laughed.
 
“Lady Sango, please forgive me. Its just your beauty has blinded my sense of judgement on what to say. I love you Sango.” He said staring into her eyes.
 
Her eyes softened as she glared at him “Oh Miroku I...”
 
“Will you bear my child?” He asked placing a hand somewhere it shouldn't be, breaking her out of her trance.
 
“DAMN PERVERT! You'll never change, WILL YOU?” She screamed at him then stormed off into the gardens.
 
A loud bang was heard.
 
“Ow, Princess Kagome, why did you hit me?” He asked sorrowfully.
 
“You deserved it! Stop messing around with her feelings.” She firmly stated, then ran out to find her friend.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Sango was sitting in the same place that Kagome was found at before, still fuming.
 
“Sango are you okay?” She asked with concern.
 
“He'd be a really nice guy, if he wasn't so damn lecherous.”
 
“Sango do you like Miroku?”
 
“Ahh...NO, whatever gave you that idea, as if I would! I just said that as sympathy for a woman that could actually fall for him.”
 
“Sure Sango, I believe you.” Her reply dripping with sarcasm.
 
“So what happened with your parents this morning?”
 
“Well, Father told me this ball was so I could find someone to marry. I kind of blew up at him and told him I didn't want to get married, that I wanted a little freedom, and I'd fall in love on my own without his constant pushing. Surprisingly my mother convinced him to let me have some freedom. But the ball is still on for tonight.”
 
“Bummer, sorry you still have to go through with it. What a shame.” Sango said not noticing the evil glimmer in Kagome's eyes.
 
“Oh I'm not going through it alone, you're going to be there with me, The WHOLE night.” She smirked.
 
“Great, I just knew you would do this. Again why am I friends with someone who makes me suffer along with her?” Sango groaned.
 
“Because you love me, you're my friend, and my lady-in-waiting. So you have to suffer with me. I'll see you in a few hours, bye Sango.” Kagome said while briskly walking away to her room for the next couple hours till the ball.
 
“The things I do for her.” She groaned, then she noticed Miroku standing in front of her. “What do you want?” She hotly asked.
 
“Please Lady Sango, forgive me, my hands they have a mind of their own. I was wondering would you do me the honor of accompanying me to the ball, please? I promise no funny stuff.” He pleaded with her as he tried to do his best doggy eyes.
 
“Very well, but NO funny stuff.” She agreed then walked off to get ready herself.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome stood outside the throne doors with Sango waiting to be announced that she was here, Sango was fidgeting quite a lot, which irritated Kagome to no end.
 
“Sango, stop fidgeting its annoying.” She hissed at her friend.
 
“Sorry, its just that I agreed to go with Miroku, and-” Her words were cut off as they were being announced.
 
“Her Royal Highness, Kagome, Beloved Princess of the Heavens, and her Lady-in-Waiting, Lady Sango.” The announcer proclaimed as her and Sango gracefully walked in the room. Every eye was upon them as they both walked up to where her parents sat and Kagome was seated on the left of her father and Sango was seated just behind her a little ways. Miroku casually walked up and greeted the King and Queen, and the Princess, then waltzed over to Sango.
 
“Sango my dove, will you honor me with this dance?” he beseeched, while extending a hand out to her.
 
“Very well.” She replied then took his hand, as he led her to dance floor.
 
“Why Sango that's a lovely gown, you're wearing. Pastel pink suits you, it heightens and brings out your lovely features.” He said as they slow waltzed.
 
She blushed profusely at his comment “Thank you Miroku.” Her cheeks matching her dress.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome was sitting on her throne next to her parents as many Lords and Nobles were introduced to her and asked her to dance with them. She grew bored with all of them especially, Lord Houjo, he was sweet but such a bore! Not her type at all, and he was an annoying health-nut, always telling her of good remedies on how to take care of oneself.
 
“Please excuse, I'm a little fatigued.” She excused herself while winking at Sango then walked out into the gardens.
 
Kagome sat out in the gardens staring down at the earth below them, something about it pulled her there and she didn't know why. To go there was forbidden, yet it made her want to go there more, to find out and understand why it was prohibited. She always wanted to be adventurous and now she wanted to explore in another world. Her parents told her that all demons were evil and heartless, but somehow she didn't believe it, and wanted to see for herself.
 
“Kagome, what is going on? Bored already?” Sango asked.
 
“Yeah kind of. Hey Sango, have you ever wondered what's it like on Earth where the demons rule?” She wondered.
 
“Kagome! Its forbidden to say, think, or even act on those thoughts. Don't do what I think you're going to do, it'll only cause more trouble. What if they find out you're human, and the Princess nonetheless!” She warned her.
 
“Relax, they won't find out. I've learned how to use a concealing spell that'll make me appear and smell demonic. I just want to go down for just ten minutes...Please...” She begged.
 
“Where did you learn how to use a concealing spell?”
 
“In one of my mother's Priestess books. Please, if you don't I'll go alone, all by myself.”
 
“Kagome this isn't right, what will your parents say? Why do you want to go so bad?” She inquired.
 
“We won't tell my parents anything, besides something is pulling me there, like I'm supposed to go there.” She replied.
 
Sango gasped as she remembered something. I was walking up to King and Queen's room and heard him scoff about some prophecy that was made twenty years ago, that two beings will be born and unite the Heavens and the Earth together in peace and harmony. Could it be that Kagome is one of those mentioned people? No I refuse to believe it.
 
“Fine we'll go, but only for ten minutes than its straight back here missy.” She firmly stated.
 
“Yes, Mother.” Kagome replied with sarcasm.
 
“Come on let's go plan it in my room.” Kagome said while grabbing Sango's hand and dragging her to her room.