InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Forbidden Eternal Love ❯ The Fateful Meeting ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:
I don't own Inuyasha; it belongs to extremely talented Rumiko Takahashi. But I DO own Kane; he is mine to do with what I want! And the name Maiku is mine! It's my friend Mike's name in Japanese, LOL.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
Note:
All in Heaven are humans and all on Earth are demons.
HAS BEEN EDITED/RE-WRITTEN.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
Chapter Four: The Fateful Meeting
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome woke up early the next morning, her thoughts still revolving around the silver-haired, deep golden eyed boy, or half-demon that captivated her.
 
There's something different about him; it seems like he is sad. I thought that being born of mixed blood was forbidden, but he seems to be the same age as me, so maybe he was born before the decree. She thought as she sat up in bed.
 
“Kagome! Time to get up and continue with your miko training.” Called Kikyou from outside Kagome's bedroom door, breaking her thoughts.
 
“Ok coming mom.” She said while quickly getting up and putting on her priestess garbs, and putting her hair up in the normal miko fashion. Then she calmly walked out to meet her mother for training.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“First we'll do archery practice. Do you want me to go first or do you want to go?” Kikyou asked.
 
“I'll go, I think I can do it.” Kagome half-confidently replied.
 
Kikyou handed the long bow to Kagome, who walked gracefully up to the mark. She reached into her quiver on her back for an arrow, and notched the arrow in her bow and pulled back till the bowstring became taunt. She concentrated all her power into the bow and arrow. Please…hit the mark.
 
She released the arrow in a blazing stream of soft pink light; the arrow traveled and hit the center dead on. Kagome slowly opened her eyes as the dust trail her arrow left was dissipating; there her arrow was still glimmering with her power, dead center on the target, the bull's eye.
 
Kagome let out a squeal of happiness “Oh my God! I did it! Mom, did you see? ! I'm so happy!” She squealed with delight as she ran up to the target and pulled her arrow out.
 
“Very good Kagome. You truly are the next guardian of the Shikon no Tama. I am proud of you my dear.” Kikyou said softly to her beloved daughter.
 
Kagome was indeed beloved by all in her kingdom, fathers and mothers wanted their daughters to be like her, Lords wanted her hand in marriage or their sons marry her. Kagome was the picture of innocence, purity, beauty, love, compassion, and so many words to describe her.
 
After practicing archery for a couple of more hours and practicing healing powers, and doing other priestess duties it was time for a break. Kagome was wondering around the palace looking for Sango since she hadn't seen her all day. As she rounded the corner to the courtyard, she stopped in her tracks as she heard voices.
 
There was Sango with Miroku enjoying an afternoon picnic under the shade of the sacred tree. Sango was laughing at what Miroku was saying, and she looked so carefree.
 
And she told me she didn't enjoy Miroku's company, what a hypocrite, she's laughing all while with him. She's so in love she doesn't realize it. Kagome snickered. She slowly backed away from the “happy couple” only to hear a loud shriek and a groan of pain.
 
“Lecher! Get your hands off of me!” Sango yelled.
 
“Lady Sango, my flower, forgive me it's all the hands I swear they are cursed!” Miroku begged.
 
“Cursed, my eye! Damn you and your lecherous ways!” Sango yelled as she stormed off.
 
Then again maybe not, was I just seeing things before? Kagome silently asked herself as she headed off to her room.
 
She plopped herself down on her bed for a quick nap before more training would begin. With nothing to keep her occupied her thoughts drifted off to the half-demon that seemed to captivate her soul.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 

Inuyasha woke up abruptly the next morning after having a dream about the fair human maiden that entranced him. Never had he seen someone as beautiful as she was, but alas she was a human and he a half-demon. It was forbidden the moment after he was born. Never again would they be allowed to mix.
 
“Damn, why am I thinking and dreaming about a human wench?” He cursed loudly as he quickly got up to get dressed for the day.
 
As usual Inuyasha was in a foul mood, along was Sesshomaru, as the family all sat down to breakfast. Inutaisho at the head of the table, while Izayoi was at the opposite end, Inuyasha sat on his left, Sesshomaru sat on his right, and Sesshomaru's ugly green toad demon servant, Jaken, sat on Sesshomaru's right.
 
Sesshomaru and Jaken gave deadly glares at Inuyasha and Kane, who glared right back just as dangerously. King Inutaisho, noticing the growing vibes of animosity decided to try to lighten up the mood a bit.
 
“So Inuyasha, what are your plans for today my son?” He asked.
 
Inuyasha's facial expression changed from a scowl to a smirk at his father's question “I plan on practicing with my Tetsusaiga, with Kane.”
 
Sesshomaru scowled at his half-brother's response. The Tetsusaiga should be mine, not that bastard half-breed's. All I'm stuck with is the useless Tensaiga. Why father, why? He thought then abruptly got up from the table, and walked away but not before giving Inuyasha a cold glare. Jaken scrambled to get out of his seat as soon as Sesshomaru disappeared from his sight.
 
“Lord Sesshomaru, wait for me. Lord Sesshomaru” Jaken cried out as he ran after his lord.
 
“Inuyasha! You shouldn't rub it in your brother's face, where are your manners?” Izayoi snapped.
 
“Half-brother. May I be excused?” He asked hotly.
 
“Very well.” Inutaisho replied.
 
“Come Kane, let's go.” Inuyasha said as he turned his heel and headed for the door.
 
“Yes Lord Inuyasha. Coming, Thank you for breakfast my Lord and Lady.” Kane said while bowing to his majesty and her highness then quickly ran after Inuyasha.
 
“Both of them need to learn some manners.” Inutaisho scoffed.
 
“Well you know they get their attitude form you.” Izayoi pointed out.
 
“I know, I know, it's not a good thing. So, what is going on with you today, my dear?”
 
“Well nothing really, oh except that the great Fox demon is coming over for some business with you shortly and is bringing cute little Shippo for a bit. And I know how much he and Inuyasha love each other, so Inuyasha should watch him while I chat with Lady Akina.” She laughed.
 
The sound of a trumpet announcing the arrival of Lord Shino the leader of the Fox demon tribe brought the King Inutaisho and his lovely wife Queen Izayoi out of their relaxing breakfast.
 
“Lord Shino, Lady Akina, and little Shippo, how are you? It's been so long!” Izayoi exclaimed as she embraced them all.
 
“Of fine Izayoi, we have much to talk about and catch up on.” Lady Akina replied as she and Queen Izayoi walked arm and arm into the castle, with King Inutaisho and Lord Shino following closely behind.
 
Izayoi stopped when she felt small tugging at her soft lavender gown, and looked down to see Shippo staring up at her looking all cute like with innocent emerald eyes. “Oh Shippo, what is it?” Izayoi asked.
 
“Lady Izayoi, do you know where I can find Inuyasha?” He asked sweetly.
 
“Well, he's out practicing with Kane, I think he went to the main clearing in the woods but I'm not sure. Sorry I can't be of more help.” She replied before resuming to enter the castle with his mother.
 
“That's okay, I can just follow my nose.” Shippo said while sniffing in different direction to catch a whiff of Inuyasha's scent and taking off in the alleged direction.
 
Izayoi giggled “ He sure is something, and he's so adorable.”
 
“Well he certainly is a handful.” Lady Akina laughed.
 
“And you think Inuyasha isn't? He acts like he's five still, I swear.” She laughed. I love being here around all these friendly demons, but I can't help missing my family, I haven't seen them for twenty-two years. And I miss my best friend...how are you my dear friend? I miss you. Izayoi thought sadly then engaged back into her conversation with Lady Akina.
 
*~*~*~*~*~*
 

Inuyasha was out in the clearing by the Sacred Tree, practicing wielding the Tetsusaiga with Kane acting as the opponent, when Shippo spotted them.
 
“Hey Inuyasha!” Shippo yelled as he ran and launched himself at the “unsuspecting” hanyou and latched on to his back.
 
“Grr, get off me you little runt! I told you never to bother or jump on me again!” Inuyasha growled while prying Shippo off of him and throwing him into a tree.
 
“Inuyasha! Shippo is just a kid!” Kane snapped as he ran over to pick up Shippo, then walk near Inuyasha.
 
BAM
 
“OW! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT FOR? !”
 
“Inuyasha you are so inconsiderate, look Shippo is crying!” Kane exclaimed.
 
“Inuyasha, you meanie! I'm going to tell my mommy and your mommy what you did and you'll get in trouble with you daddy cause you didn't play with me!” Shippo cried as tears flowed freely from his emerald eyes.
 
“Who cares? Go ahead and by the way it's mom and dad, not mommy and daddy, you baby! Besides, who wants to play with a spoiled selfish little brat anyway? I know I don't!” Inuyasha yelled then stormed off into the woods.
 
“Jeez, very immature and inconsiderate. Come on Shippo let's head back.” Kane said softly as they began their way back to the castle.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome watched as the evening sun dipped below the horizon “Man, who would have thought training is so hard.” She sighed as she stretched her arms up high above her head. The golden sunset reminds me of his eyes...I have to go there one more time, just one more...
 
“Kagome! Where are you?” Kikyou called from within the palace.
 
“Yes mother, I'm out in the rose gardens!” She shouted back.
 
She could hear the rustling of her mother's soft red gown, as she made her way to the gardens.
 
“What ever do you want, mother?” Kagome asked as they both sat on the bench below the Sacred Tree.
 
“I have one more gift for you, my dear.” She said as she reached into her pocket to pull out a simple purple and white beaded rosary necklace. “Here Kagome.” She said while extending her hand, where the necklace rested.
 
“Mom, what are the rosary beads for?” Kagome curiously asked as she took it from Kikyou's hand.
 
“Well, they will help you to control whoever you cast the spell upon with one single and they'll go smashing head first into the ground, it's the subduing spell. Come I will teach you the incantation needed in order to cast the spell.”
 
After learning the incantation and Kikyo had gone to bed as well as everyone in the castle. Kagome quietly snuck out of her room still clad in her miko garbs, sneakily making her way to the portal. The Shikon no Tama glowing brightly, though hidden beneath the white top, as she neared the portal. She chanted the incantation and turned into the half-dog demon version of herself, and leapt in to the portal past the slumbering guardians on both sides.
 
Kagome walked quietly through the forest seeking out the mysterious gentleman who had captivated her entire being in one look, when she felt an unfamiliar aura coming fast at her. Behind her appeared twenty gruesome demons and one that looked to be the leader, a moth demon human in appearance.
 
“Well, well what do we have here. A female hanyou, you know the only half-demon I know of that exists is that bastard son of King Inutaisho, Prince Inuyasha.” The moth demon announced maniacally.
 
“We must kill her your Lordship.” All the demons hissed.
 
Kagome's eyes widened in fright. I knew I shouldn't have come here, now I am going to die, but not without a fight. She thought as she took advantage of their momentary absence of attention and took off running for the Sacred Tree seen off in the distance.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha was sitting up in the highest spot on the Sacred Tree, his special place. Stupid Shippo, he's so annoying, that spoiled little brat. Were his thoughts until he noticed the rosy and golden hue of the sunset.
 
“Hmm, the rosy sky reminds me of her rosy cheeks...Damn it! Why the hell am I thinking about that human wench again? !” He growled at himself, when all of a sudden he caught the whiff of a fragrance he'd never forget. That precious lavender and vanilla aroma, although there was a hint of magic and a definite scent of fear radiating off of her in waves as she seemed to be getting closer. He also caught the stench of moths and demons.
 
Inuyasha let out a growl as he jumped down from his high perch and raced off in the direction where the aromas were coming from. He stopped when he saw the half-demon female running through the trees, trying to escape from the demons chasing her.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome kept looking back as she ran through the forest not really paying attention to where she was going, just keeping her eyes on the Sacred Tree, and slammed right into someone's hard chest. Kagome shut her eyes expecting to fall, when she felt a pair of arms catch her before she could hit the ground. She slowly opened her eyes to see who had gotten in her way, molten gold orbs clashed with cerulean one's. Kagome stared him up in the face Its him...was her last coherent thought before everything went dark.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Inuyasha watched as the girl closed her eyes expecting to fall, but he reached out in the nick of time to catch her in his arms before she made contact with the ground. Her eyes opened slowly and stared intently into his, I've never seen such a beautiful unique shade of blue, why are these demons chasing her? He thought but then noticed that the girl had fainted in his arms.
 
He softly laid her on the grass behind him, then turned around to face the moth demon and his hoard of other hellish creatures and growled. “Why are you chasing her?” Inuyasha demanded.
 
“Well, well, if it isn't King Inutaisho's bastard son, that our great king had with a bewitching human.”
 
“Don't you talk about my mother like that!” Inuyasha snarled.
 
“Yes well, even so...what a joy it is to come across you this evening as well. We can kill two birds with one stone.” The moth demon said nonchalantly then stared intently at the figure behind the prince. Hmm she is quite pretty; perhaps I'll kill her after I've had some fun. He thought deviously.
 
“New plan my demons, kill the prince and bring me that girl, I'd like to have some fun with her before I kill her. The Prince is unarmed so it should be an easy feat...now GO!” He ordered.
 
The whole swarm of demons flew towards Inuyasha, and the unconscious maiden. Damn, I need to do something, I have to protect her, what though? Inuyasha thought frantically as the demons came closer.
 
Then all of a sudden, Inuyasha heard a sound like a beating heart and looks down to where the noise is coming from… The Tetsusaiga is pulsing. Inuyasha quickly grasped the handle of the sword, and watched in amazement as the “rusty old piece of junk” transformed into a huge sword with white fluff or fur around the handle when he pulled it out of it's sheath.
 
“Like hell you will!” Inuyasha yelled as lunge, and swung his sword at the demons chopping each one in half, killing them till he finally reached their ringleader.
 
“Wha-what?!” The moth demon said in horror as the Tetsusaiga came down and cut him in half.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome stirred into consciousness at the sounds of harsh yelling. Her eyes opened in time to see
the half-demon standing in front of her wielding a huge sword. His silvery hair whipping wildly around him as he lunged forward and cut all the demon's in half, then finally making it to their leader.
 
She could hear the terror in his voice “Wha-what?!” as Inuyasha swung the sword down his body making vertical cut killing the moth demon in a instant Inuyasha stood still for a moment, completely amazed that the piece of junk sword turned out to be a decent weapon. Off in the distance shouts could be heard and were coming closer “Inuyasha!” He turned to see Kane and Shippo coming into the clearing.
 
“Who are you?” They asked Kagome. She stared at the three intently for a moment and proceeded to answer but was interrupted.
 
“Yeah, who the hell are you?” Inuyasha rudely demanded.
 
“Inuyasha, no need to be rude, its obvious this girl is lost, won't you help her find her way back?” Kane asked sympathetically for the girl because of Inuyasha's bad manners.
 
“Hell no, she can find her own way back!”
 
Kagome's mouth opened wide at his crude statement. And I've been imagining sweet things about him and he turns out to be a jerk. I've got the perfect thing to subdue his cocky, rude attitude. She thought confidently as she reached into her pocket to pull out the dark purple rosary beads.
 
She started chanting the incantation silently at first then got louder as she reached the end, the beaded necklace glowing a brighter pink as each word was being said.
 
“What the heck is she doing?” Inuyasha, Kane, and Shippo all asked at the same time.
 
The individual beads glowed pink as they sped off to surround Inuyasha's neck and came together to form a whole necklace.
 
“What the hell did you do wench?” Inuyasha yelled as he struggled in vain to pull it off.
 
“Hmm, now what is a good word...I know SIT!” She yelled.
 
The moment that precious word left her lips, the necklace glowed then slammed Inuyasha face first into the dirt. Kane and Shippo both stared in disbelief, until Shippo burst out laughing and Kane joined as well. When the spell finally wore off, Inuyasha jumped up quickly to grab Shippo and Kane by their collars and growled threateningly.
 
“SIT!” Kagome yelled and Inuyasha once again went slamming in to the ground causing him to lose grip on their shirts.
 
“Grr, who the hell are you wench?” Inuyasha growled.
 
“Well since you asked so nicely...I'm Kagome.” She replied with a hint of sarcasm.
 
“Well Kagome, take these damn beads off me, now!”
 
“Well I-” Kagome began but was interrupted by Kane.
 
“If I may interject, Lady Kagome I say you should keep the beads on him, it might teach him some manners on being a nicer person.” Kane laughed.
 
“Hell no! Whose side are you on? Take it off NOW! And she's not a Lady!” He yelled finally able to get up and get in Kagome's face.
 
“Lady Kagome, Lord Inuyasha, stop this madness. Shippo come here please help me.” He pleaded.
 
Shippo timidly walked over to Kane wary of the angry hanyou, to try to help break apart the menacing glares between Lady Kagome and Inuyasha.
 
Damn it, submit to me woman, I am your superior, and take off this fucking necklace. His facial expression read as his golden eyes tinted with red bore into her blue one's.
 
I'll never submit to the likes of you. I will not yield and take off the necklace you jerk. Her expression shot back with a spark of fire gleaming in her cerulean eyes.
 
Inuyasha paused a moment to sniff the air, as he noticed a faint change in her scent getting remotely stronger. The faint scent of magic, or miko powers, wafted off of her as her body began to glow a light shade of pink.
 
“What are- what's going on?” He asked thoroughly confused.
 
No! I should have remembered that I can't hold the spell for more than three hours. I have to go before I become my true human self in front on them. She thought frantically and did the first thing that came to mind in order to get away fast enough.
 
“SIT boy!” She yelled then took off running as fast as humanly possible towards the portal. With each step her heartbeat increased and she'd yell sit periodically until she reached the safe haven of the portal and snuck back in, then was transported back to her world.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
“Cursed wench, who the hell is she?!” Inuyasha growled out as he got up brushing the dirt off his clothes. “I'm going to the hot springs to clean up. Don't follow me, go back to the castle, tell my parents where I am.” He ordered as he stalked off in the direction of the hot springs.
 
Damn her, she's supposed to submit like a woman should. Yet her fiery attitude intrigues me, she's pretty when she's angry. Damn it, what the hell am I thinking, I want a submissive woman not that damn wench. She irks me so bad, and yet arrgh I find her irresistible. He inwardly growled as he got cleaned up then finally headed off toward home.
 

*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Oh my God, that was so close, too close, I was almost found out. My God, he is so rude spoiled selfish, infuriating, yet I find him so irresistible, dangerously handsome, heroic, and mysterious. What is wrong with me? I should, I can't have feelings for one such as him, it's wrong, totally forbidden. Curse myself for even thinking that. She scolded as she snuck back into her room and slipped between the cool crisp silken sheets of her bed without being noticed, or so she thought...