InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ HeartSong ❯ Stolen ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own InuYasha, its characters or nay quotes I may use.
 
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: STOLEN
 
Mrs. Higurashi looked up in surprise when she heard the front door slam and Kagome calling for her.
“I'm in the kitchen.”
Kagome slid to a stop at the table, “Who was Akari's closest friend?”
Mrs. Higurashi looked over her shoulder, “What?”
“When Akari was here, who was her closest friend?”
“I thought I already told you Kagome. Koto, Midori and Sakura.”
Kagome shook her head and waved her hands, “Yes, yes, yes. But out of those three, who was she closest to?”
Mrs. Higurashi turned from the stove to face her daughter, “Why I believe it was Sakura. She was the one Akari mentioned the most, and the only one who ever came over to the shrine.”
“Does she still live here?”
“Kagome, what is going on?”
Kagome sighed deeply and fell into the chair next to her, “I think Akari came back here.”
“You mean after she fell in the well?”
“Yes. That's why I need to talk to Sakura.”
“I see. Well I'm sure you could talk to Koto and she could tell you.”
“Of course! Thanks mom!”
Kagome jumped up and ran out of the room. Mrs. Higurashi just laughed and went back to her cooking.

Kagome stood outside and stared up at the Tree of Ages. She had gotten a hold of Koto and she gave Kagome Sakura's number. Once Kagome mentioned Akari and who she was Sakura agreed to talk to her.
“Kagome?”
Kagome turned and smiled, “Are you Sakura?”
The woman nodded, “Yes. You sure have grown up.”
Her voice was soft and gentle, and sweet to hear.
“Why did you want to talk about Akari?”
Kagome pointed to the nearby bench, “Why don't we sit down?”
They sat and Kagome turned to face her, “When did Akari come back?”
Sakura's eyes widened in surprise, “What?”
“I know Akari came back here, after she disappeared.”
“You've been there, haven't you?”
Kagome froze, “Where?”
“The world Akari spoke of. The one she chose over this one.”
“I, uh-”
Sakura laughed, “Its okay Kagome. I know. I can see it.”
“See what?”
“It was like when Akari came back. I could see she was different.”
“See it?”
“Ever since I was a child, I could see this light around people; a reflection of their souls.”
“Their aura” Kagome whispered.
“Yes. And Akari had this…I don't know what to call it…light I guess, that she didn't have before. Before she was dark and cold; but when she came back, it was pure light. It's the same with you. Pure light. I haven't seen anyone else in this world with that same light.”
“So she did come to see you.”
Sakura nodded, “She had been missing for about two years…then suddenly I was woken up and there she was. Sitting on my bed, like it was the most natural thing in the world.”
Sakura looked up to the tree, “She told me about that world, and about the man who took her mind of her hate of this world.”
Kagome raised an eyebrow, “A man?”
“Yes. She told me she had fallen in love with him; and she didn't feel empty anymore.”
She couldn't….It can't be him….could it?”
Kagome bit her lip, “Did she ever tell you his name?”
Sakura nodded, “Yes, she did.”
“Who was he?”
“She said his name was Sesshomaru.”

“It's gone!”
Akari awoke to Sesshomaru storming around the room, snarling and eyes flashing red.
“Sesshomaru?”
“Damn it.”
Akari sat up, holding the sheets tightly to her body, “What's wrong?”
“Tensaiga is gone.”
Akari frowned, “What?”
“The sword it not here.”
“But how can that be?”
“Hell if I know!” Sesshomaru barked.
Akari slid off the bed, “I thought you didn't even like that sword, called it useless.”
“That's not the point Akari!”
“Then what is the point?” Akari snapped back.
“The point is someone was able to sneak into my bedroom, while I was in it. And take my sword without my knowledge.”
Akari sighed, “I see. So it is your pride that is damage?”
Sesshomaru growled at her then turned and left the room. Akari closed her eyes and shook her head, “Don't be so arrogant Sesshomaru.”
Though it was slightly frightening that the sword was gone. Sesshomaru was right; how could someone have just gotten in and taken it?
Akari got dressed then set out to find something to do, knowing it would be near nightfall before Sesshomaru came back.
It was nearing her 20th birthday, and Akari was trying to get Jaken to let her make a cake. There were only 3 days left, and she was getting no where.
“I could always grab his staff and knock the little twit out” Akari muttered as she made her way through the garden. As she wandered through the roses she was unaware of a pair of eyes watching her from the shadows.

It was hours past dark when Sesshomaru finally returned. He had found no trace of the Tensaiga, but he had heard news of Gyroa being back in his lands; which angered him farther.
“You can not go outside any more” Sesshomaru said suddenly as he and Akari walked through the gardens.
“What?”
“Until I have my sword back, and Gyroa is killed I cannot risk your safety.”
“So you're going to lock me up?”
Sesshomaru gazed at her coolly, “I did not say you had to stay in the room, just in the castle.”
“Forget it!”
Sesshomaru stopped, “Are you refusing to obey this Sesshomaru?”
Akari put her hands on her hips and leveled him with an icy glare.
“Obey?”
Sesshomaru started walking again, “Yes. I am the Lord of this castle, and these lands. And you will do as I-”
“Like hell I will!”
Sesshomaru looked back to see Akari standing in the same spot. “How dare you try to pull that crap on me!”
And without meaning to Sesshomaru winced.
As Akari approached him, eyes blazing, he remembered something his father once told him when he was younger.
“Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”
“Listen to me you egotistical, self-centered, arrogant, selfish, rude and sometimes very stupid man!”
Sesshomaru snarled, “You dare-”
“I will not do this. You may be lord of the manor, but you are not lord of me!”
She walked till they stood chest to chest and she lifted her hands to his face, “I love you Sesshomaru, and I want to be with you. But you have to stop trying to control me.”
Sesshomaru relaxed slightly, “I just don't want to lose you.”
Akari smiled, “I will never leave you.”
Sesshomaru pulled her closer and buried his face in her hair; hoping she never would.

Kagome raced down the hill from the well and towards the village. She was so close, so close to finding out what happened. There was just one more person to talk to; one more person to explain everything.
“Sango, where's Kirara?” Kagome cried as she burst into the hut.
Everyone looked up in surprise, “What's wrong Kagome?” Shippo asked.
Kagome shook her head, “I don't have time to explain. Can I barrow Kirara Sango? It's important.”
Sango lifted the tiny kitten from her lap and handed her to Kagome, “Sure Kagome. Are you okay?”
“I'll explain everything when I get back!” Kagome called over her shoulder as she ran out. Everyone got to their feet and followed her.
“Where is she going?” Miroku asked as they watched Kirara fly off.
InuYasha growled, “She's going West.”