InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ I love the cook, I mean to cook ❯ lost ring ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“So are you going out there?” Miroku asked and Sango hit his shoulder.
 
“Of course she's not going out there! What if it turns out to be a perv like you?” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Very funny Sango but I was talking to Kagome… what are you going to do?” he asked again and Kagome shook her head.
 
“I don't know!” she sat on the kitchen table and Inuyasha rubbed his temples.
 
“Alright, you two go cook… I'll handle this, AMP you are in charge” Inuyasha pulled Kagome's hand and took her to the closet in which they kept their clothes.
 
Inuyasha locked himself and Kagome inside the closet; he pulled a string in the ceiling and turned on a small light bulb right above them. Kagome was able to watch his eyes closely, their faces were just inches away and she could see his best features. He was very handsome, small nose, big eyes with a bright color and of course his hair wasn't falling behind. Inuyasha smiled and Kagome blushed quickly.
 
“You were just checking me out, weren't you?” he asked and she shook her head.
 
“You wish…” she mumbled and looked at her feet; Inuyasha grabbed her chin and forced her to look at him.
 
“Admit it, you find me attractive” she blushed and turned around.
 
“Does this conversation have a purpose?” she asked as she waited till the redness went away.
 
“Do you feel okay with this?” she laughed.
 
“Of course, I would feel even better if whoever asked for me wanted me to go out there covered in whipped cream and with a cherry on my nipples” he chuckled.
 
“That surely will be a lovely picture but we don't have time to be joking around…” Kagome looked at him confused, a few seconds ago he was just arguing with her, why was he so nice all of the sudden?
 
“What do you suggest me to do?” he sighed and took her hand as he opened the closet door.
 
“Take a 5 minute rest, walk around outside, take some fresh air, think things over and over and then we might get to somewhere” he pushed her outside the kitchen.
 
Kagome was about to thank him and tell him how comprehensive he was being with her when she realized he was pushing her out to the restaurant, where the clients were having their meals. She was about to yell at him for being such an ass but it was too late since she was already out there and Inuyasha was holding the door to stop her from going back in. She stuck her tongue at him and watched as her other two co-workers gathered around the window as they tried to see what was about to happen. Kagome turned around and saw the man who grabbed her ass a few minutes before sitting, reading his menu. She sighed when she realized it wasn't him and soon she heard someone calling her from behind.
 
“Kagome” the voice said and when she turned to see that person she squealed.
 
“Oh my god! I thought you wouldn't come back like in a month!” she hugged him tightly and Inuyasha through the kitchen door the ring hanging on her fourth finger in her left hand.
 
“Who is that?” he heard Miroku asking behind him and he turned to look at the two of them.
 
“Didn't I just tell you that you should keep working? Go!” Sango and Miroku jumped a little when they heard his angry reaction and went back to their positions.
 
Inuyasha kept watching them as they hugged some more and she kissed him passionately; she didn't realize he was spying her and he thought it was for the best. As he tried to decipher who was the man she was with, he remembered what she had told him when he made her cook for him. `That jerk is her fiancé' he stated and let out a sigh, he took one last look at her before going back to his work. Kagome still couldn't believe he was there in front of her and hugging her, she was too excited and yet too shocked.
 
“When did you arrive? You should have told me!” she said and he gave her a peck.
 
“I just came here a few hours ago and I just couldn't wait to see you… besides, I wanted to surprise you” she smiled widely.
 
“You did and I'm so happy to see you, I was very pissed last time you called me” he nodded.
 
“Why else would I come back?” she giggled and kissed him once again.
 
Inuyasha was still spying on her through the window, looked at him carefully, he had the feeling he had seen him before. He knew he had seen those features somewhere before, he just couldn't remember. Seeing that man was like waking up from a weird dream, he could remember a few things but not everything. Inuyasha could remember seeing him but not when or where. He let out a very heavy sigh as he saw her smile so big. `So this loser is her boyfriend… what a shame, I thought she could do better' he thought and went to check his co-workers.
 
“I think I got here in bad time, you're working right?” she nodded. “Then I'll leave you… I'll see you at home”
 
“Will you wait for me till midnight?” her boyfriend nodded. “Alright, see you at home”
 
“Bye darling” she kissed him one last time and she got back to the kitchen.
 
“How gorgeous! Don't tell me that's the man you are going to marry” Kagome blushed deeply and nodded, Sango gasped. “You are so lucky!”
 
“Gorgeous?” Miroku and Inuyasha mumbled at the same time and smiled at each other.
 
“I know” Kagome replied and sighed dreamily. “I'll keep on working”
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
After her show, Rin went to Sesshomaru's office. He had insisted her to use his office for whatever need she had. Rin wanted to change her clothes, when she singed she used very colorful outfits and glitter on her eyes. She took of her glitter and lipstick; she pulled her hair down and brushed it to make it look as if she hadn't done a thing. She was still living with her parents but they didn't like it that she wanted to be a star and not a doctor like they always wanted her to be. She took off her bright red skirt and put on dark blue jeans, Rin took off her pink strapless top and was about to put on her white tank top when she heard the door open, she dropped the shirt and covered her body with her arms. Sesshomaru stood in the door frame as he tried not to look.
 
“Can't you knock?!” she asked as she turned around to show him his back.
 
“Sorry, I thought you already left… it's late” he said as he picked up the shirt and gave it to her.
 
“Not really it's only…” she looked at the clock on the wall. “22”
 
“Yeah… so what are you doing here?”
 
“I wanted to change first, if people see me walking around the street in those kind of colors and that make up they will think I'm crazy” she turned to see him now that she was dressed.
 
“Oh… well, you are going home now… right?” she looked at him confused.
 
“If you didn't want me here in a first place why did you hire me” he passed his fingers through his hair.
 
“It's not that… you are wonderful as a singer and everything else… is just that, well… I wanted to know if maybe, just maybe you might like to… um…” she placed a finger on his mouth.
 
“Are you trying to ask me out?” he hesitated and then he nodded. “That's so cute… especially how nervous you were”
 
“Very funny” he gave her a cold stare and she smiled.
 
“I would love to go out with you… but not today, I have somewhere else to go” he nodded.
 
“Alright, I expect you to be here tomorrow night at the same hour… and ready for our date” she smiled and giggled.
 
“I'll think about it” she waved at him as she walked out of his office.
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
“What a day” Inuyasha said as he finally relaxed.
 
“Shouldn't you be helping us clean?” Kagome asked as she placed the pots in the sink.
 
“Right, I'll take out the trash… Kagome get outside” Miroku laughed and the two girls turned to look back at him, he cleared his throat.
 
“I was choking” Miroku explained.
 
“I think I'll clean your dirty mouth” Kagome mumbled and took off her apron. “Finally, I can go home… bye everyone”
 
“Hey… wait” Inuyasha said and she turned around to look at him. “Um… you have to cut the meat”
 
“But Inuyasha… she is supposed to do that tomorrow” Miroku said and he rolled his eyes.
 
“Shut up perverted asshole, I'm the boss here and if I say she will cut meat today she will” Kagome sighed.
 
“Can't I please do it tomorrow?” he shook his head. “Are you always this annoying or is it only with me?”
 
“No, that's his usual self… I'll see you two tomorrow” Sango went out the kitchen followed by Miroku.
 
“Now, cut” Inuyasha placed in front of her a plate with cow meat and a sharp knife.
 
“You know something? You are getting on my nerve” he chuckled.
 
“Good”
 
Kagome cut a first piece and then cut it thinner, Inuyasha watched how she worked and yawned a few times. She felt her beautiful engagement ring getting dirty and she took if off, Kagome placed it next to the table in which there was the sink. Inuyasha walked over there and eyed her ring; it had a pearl on top of the golden ring. She thought she was going to look at his direction and he left it right in the same place she had placed it. Kagome placed the meat in the same plate she had found it and went to wash her hands.
 
“I'm done” she announced as she cleaned her hands carefully.
 
“Then leave” he said and she sighed, Kagome grabbed her ring to wash it.
 
“I'll leave when I want” he rolled his eyes.
 
“Then stay here forever” he mumbled and she pushed him, he looked back at her confused.
 
“Stop being such a jerk” she stopped the water and dried her hands and her ring.
 
“Make me” he pushed her softly, she was holding her ring lightly and once he pushed her it just fell off her hand and went down the sink.
 
“No!” she yelled.
 
“I win” he smiled and she punched his arm lightly.
 
“You jerk! You made me throw my engagement ring down the sink!” he rolled his eyes.
 
“So?”
 
“What do you mean `so'?! My boyfriend will kill me! He paid a fortune for that thing!” she yelled as she tried to grab the ring.
 
“I doubt that” he mumbled and sighed. “Okay, I'll help… but only so you can stop yelling”
 
Inuyasha looked down the sink, he could see something shiny at the bottom but he wasn't able to reach it. He grabbed a fork but he only managed to push it farther and make Kagome yell at him again. He covered his ears and grabbed a long wooden spoon and tried to bring it up, he thought it was useless and finally he gave up.
 
“There's no way to grab it… forget about the ring” she shook her head.
 
“My fiancé will die if I tell him I lost the ring… there must be…” he covered her mouth.
 
“Listen, I'm tired and I want to go home to sleep now you can forget about the ring till tomorrow and I'll help you then or you can stay here and whine about that… so, what do you pick?” she sighed.
 
“Thanks a lot jerk, if only you haven't acted like a moron tonight because you wanted me to stay longer the ring would still be in my finger” she grabbed her coat. “Bye idiot”
 
“I'm sorry” he mumbled and she sighed.
 
“It's not enough” she walked out the kitchen and left.
 
Inuyasha felt guilty for making her throw her ring, he was very tired but he couldn't go home because he wouldn't be able to sleep due to the guilt. `So what am I supposed to do know? Keep trying to take out the ring out of the sink? It's impossible… but it's the least thing I could do' he sighed heavily. `Maybe I can open the pipes and try to pull it out from under… or maybe I can call a plumber, no… they are too expensive… I'll try the first option' He opened the two doors located under the sink and found a pipe in there; he looked at it puzzled, he had no idea of what to do. `This is going to be a long night'
 
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_- _-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
 
Kagome went back to her house, during the way back to her apartment she was thinking about the best excuse to tell her boyfriend. `I could tell him that it is at my jewelry box at the apartment but then he would ask me to wear it… but I don't have it! This is so frustrating! Why did I had to drop it?!' she cursed herself and walked out of the elevator. Kagome was outside the door, she was hesitating. She wanted to see her boyfriend, she had been waiting so much for him to come back but now that she didn't have her ring she thought he would be mad at her and wouldn't want to see her. `He's a very comprehensive man… he will understand if I tell him that I accidentally dropped it, he will kill me if I tell him that' she sighed and heard the door opening.
 
“You are here… I thought you said midnight” her boyfriend said and she faked a smile.
 
“I'm so happy to see you!” she hugged him and he smiled as he hugged her back.
 
“Me too” he kissed her lips lightly and took her inside. “How was work?”
 
“Good… nothing different or especial” she said as she went to the fridge and took a glass of juice. “How was Tokyo?”
 
“Great, next time I'll take you with me though… I didn't like being without you that long” she smiled and he looked at the hand holding her juice.
 
“What's wrong?” he took the glass of her hand and placed it on the table, he looked at it and then looked at the other hand.
 
“Where's your ring?” he asked worried and she smiled.
 
“Oh… right, I forgot… since I was in such a hurry this morning to get to work I think I left it at my drawer” he nodded.
 
“Okay… but why don't you wear it now?” she shook her head.
 
“Well, I thought that since we are going to sleep I have no need to wear the ring…” he nodded and gave her back the glass.
 
Kagome stood there in the kitchen alone, she heard her boyfriend say something about coming back in few seconds but she didn't care about that, she was elaborating a lie for tomorrow. `I could put on a band aid and say that I cut my finger making him breakfast but either way I should be able to wear the ring… maybe I can go out before he wakes up… but that's impossible since he goes to work at 9 and I start working at 11' she sighed and heard the doorbell ring, she looked at her ring and showed that it was 2 in the morning, she thought it was weird someone came to visit her at that hour. Kagome walked to the door and opened to see Inuyasha there.
 
“What are you doing here?” she asked and he smiled.
 
“I came to give you something” he opened his hand and showed her engagement ring clean as the first time she had seen it.
 
“Oh… I don't know what to say!” he rolled his eyes.
 
“It was either take it out or listen you annoying voice tomorrow…” she smiled and hugged him lightly.
 
“Thanks… really, thank you” she grabbed the ring and placed it in her fourth finger on the left hand.
 
“Kagome?” Inuyasha heard someone ask and he sighed.
 
“I think I should…”
 
“Hey, who is this?” her boyfriend asked and Inuyasha looked at him closely.
 
`This guy… I've seen him before' he thought he saw the man in front of him get angry.
 
“It's you!” Inuyasha arched his brow.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Inuyasha Takashi!” he looked at him confused but after taking a closer look he finally knew who he was.
 
“Kouga…” Inuyasha mumbled.
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I'm back from a short vacation and I have been writing non-stop since I got new fresh ideas… well, review please!!! =)